Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Souttar has definitely looked after his own interests, completely ignoring Hearts and the Hearts support. That’s his right. I think it’s pretty disgusting of him to make the news about his sick relative public through Craig Levein tbh. 

It’s booing a once popular player who is stuck in limbo while waiting to join one of our bitter rivals. I don’t really see why anyone would expect anything different. 

btw I wouldn’t have been happy for levein to share that story at all.. I wouldn’t have liked it if I were rangers.. what does it say..

I would rather have gone to England but personal circumstance means for now I’ll settle for the huns ?

im not criticising John Souttar for his decision - just that I find it strange he’d want that public

I was sitting next to a prominent booer who had a decent turn of phrase and some entertaining invective to be fair. Not sure there was a lot of thinking going on mind.

Although he played well enough, I also thought JS came across as a bit distracted throughout the game but that might just be projection on my part. It did seem odd that he was so far away from both goal celebrations given how much time he spent pushing forward otherwise.

Clearly an awkward situation for the lad so hopefully he leaves soon.

1 minute ago, Hearts_fan said:

It's like being a child again reading this absolute garbage.

Totally agree. Absolute playground behaviour from an element of our support. Does anybody seriously think Cammy Devlin wouldn’t jump ship if he was offered 4 times his existing wage. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Aye and they took Gerrard leaving really, really well 

Same as Celtic fans with Rodgers. But then we now live in a world where grown men cry about being asked to wear a tiny bit of cloth on their face to maybe prevent someone else from dying.

Of course what's more embarrassing than booing or clapping souttar is the no surrender Michael Smith song. Grown men singing it too :cornette:

He deserved a bit of flak today and was always going to get a bit but I'm over it now, really just hope he goes this window tbh, can't be arsed with all the negative impact it's having on our team, would be the best outcome for all parties.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

that’s the point though.  John Souttar isn’t our player.. the huns have a contract with his signature on it! He actively wants out right now!! He absolutely 100% would rather have been anywhere else last nigh!! He shouldn’t be playing 

I agree with the rest of your post.  

So do we. Only our one is active and theirs isn't. Or is he getting two salaries?

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, john thomas said:

You support the right of our fans to boo someone playing for our team ?

Of course they have the right , doesn't stop it being embarrassing

but he very clearly doesn’t want to be playing for our team.. that is an issue for me.. 

as I said, I didn’t boo.  I’d prefer silence but I firmly believe he shouldn’t be playing unless it’s an emergency. 

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Souttar has definitely looked after his own interests, completely ignoring Hearts and the Hearts support. That’s his right. I think it’s pretty disgusting of him to make the news about his sick relative public through Craig Levein tbh. 

It’s booing a once popular player who is stuck in limbo while waiting to join one of our bitter rivals. I don’t really see why anyone would expect anything different. 

He's wearing a Hearts jersey and contributing to us winning a football match.  Everything else is irrelevant.  

MR INCREDIBLE

The whole pantomime could have been avoided if Neilson wasn’t so stubborn and left him out.

We would have been just as strong with Moore playing !!

1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

Totally agree. Absolute playground behaviour from an element of our support. Does anybody seriously think Cammy Devlin wouldn’t jump ship if he was offered 4 times his existing wage. 

Exactly. The entire squad bar Craig Gordon would jump ship if offered better salary and security by another club, a rival club or not. 

That's why they're all here in the first place after all – we offered them the best deal.

Clark Griswold
6 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

It's like being a child again reading this absolute garbage.

Nobody is forcing you to read the thread. People are entitled to boo, cheer, clap, laugh, cry if they want. Football is an emotional game and unfortunately we have a player who no longer wants to be at Hearts, and the fans have every right to make their point. Did it go too far? Perhaps. Did it affect the team’s performance? Not really. 

I think it’s best for everyone at the club if he just moves on at the earliest.

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

but he very clearly doesn’t want to be playing for our team.. that is an issue for me.. 

as I said, I didn’t boo.  I’d prefer silence but I firmly believe he shouldn’t be playing unless it’s an emergency. 

That's absolute nonsense!

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

btw I wouldn’t have been happy for levein to share that story at all.. I wouldn’t have liked it if I were rangers.. what does it say..

I would rather have gone to England but personal circumstance means for now I’ll settle for the huns ?

im not criticising John Souttar for his decision - just that I find it strange he’d want that public

He didn’t make it public until he signed for rangers. It was done to placate the support. I don’t believe he’d rather have gone to England either or that his sick relative meant he couldn’t go to England. He wouldn’t have had talks with English clubs if that was the case.

Up to him what he does but it was hardly going to make him popular. Quite why some of our own supporters and kickback users are so desperate to defend him, I have no idea. It’s all fairly straightforward. He has signed for a rival, the fans don’t like it, the more vocal among our support let him know about it. 

4 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

He's wearing a Hearts jersey and contributing to us winning a football match.  Everything else is irrelevant.  

No it’s not irrelevant. He has signed for Rangers. Booing his every touch is too far but what you’ve just wrote is complete bullshit. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

The whole pantomime could have been avoided if Neilson wasn’t so stubborn and left him out.

If we're leaving him out we may as well just give him to Rangers. That seems to genuinely be what some people want - to just give one of our best players to a rival club 6 months before we have to for nothing. Rangers defence is weaker without Souttar and ours is stronger with him. It's that simple.

1 minute ago, Hearts_fan said:

It’s not. He was quoted in the press saying if he signed for rangers he’d like to leave this window. How does that equate to wanting to play for hearts. 

Clark Griswold
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He didn’t make it public until he signed for rangers. It was done to placate the support. I don’t believe he’d rather have gone to England either or that his sick relative meant he couldn’t go to England. He wouldn’t have had talks with English clubs if that was the case.

Up to him what he does but it was hardly going to make him popular. Quite why some of our own supporters and kickback users are so desperate to defend him, I have no idea. It’s all fairly straightforward. He has signed for a rival, the fans don’t like it, the more vocal among our support let him know about it. 

Couldn’t have put it better myself, great post sir!

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not sure that stuff will play well with Rangers fans either. It just makes it look like Rangers were not his first choice and without the illness he'd have been off down south A very strange chapter in this saga. You have to wonder what the point of football agents is when they let their clients get into a mess like this that could have been easily avoided with all parties happy.

Edited by ToqueJambo

13 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Wee Cammy dreamed of playing for Hearts since being  a wee boy. 

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No it’s not irrelevant. He has signed for Rangers. Booing his every touch is too far but what you’ve just wrote is complete bullshit. 

How old are you?  10?  Is he the first player to leave Hearts for Glasgow?  Of course not.  It is what it is.  Players come to end of contract and choose from the offers they get.  Yes it's cr*p for us that he's chosen Rangers over a couple of deadwood English Championship clubs but it's done.  He's still contracted to us until the summer unless they come up with a wedge of cash.  He's still a hearts player for now and any doubts about his commitment were dispelled with his performance last night.  Imagine he is still here in May and scores the winner in Cup final.  Still booing?  Eh Naw.  

Edited by TexasAndy

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Job done for Rangers then. They get a good player for nothing and weaken and unsettle a rival club for the rest of the season.

Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, anyone who wants to boo can boo, anyone who wants to clap can clap.

The majority feeling I thought was pretty clear for all to hear last night and you can come on here and try take the high ground, talk down to people who feel hard done by and tell them it’s just football, grow up, that’s life etc etc but do you know what, to a lot of the people who are booing the loudest, the people who feel royally ****ed over by all this it isn’t just football. It’s Hearts, it’s a way of life, it’s what some people base their entire lives around and whether you think that’s sad or not to see the pish ripped out of it by one of our own has hurt them, regardless of whether it’s right or wrong, understandable or not.

Another instance where I personally think Hearts management overall and Robbie (who I’m a massive fan of before that all starts) have shown that they are pretty out of touch when it comes to fan sentiment.

Would this ever happen to the old firm? Would they ever let this happen? I reckon if something similar happened both rangers and Celtic would tell the player involved to leave for absolutely **** all, because fan sentiment can’t be bought. 

We are, thankfully, not the old firm but just once I’d like Hearts to do something petty. Show us that it’s not just a business and that your over-emotional, tribal tendencies just can’t be contained the same way a lot of us feel.

People always come on this forum and slag the songs, the childish behaviour and things but see in reality, football without the nutters is pish. It’s boring, tourist league EPL crap. Give me the Scottish pantomime all day everyday.

Also, I say since everyone’s sick of the booing, we should all start hissing everytime he touches the ball now 👀

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I kind of have no ill will to Souttar.  He didn't grow up a jambo, he's been offered 5x his wages, he's taken it.  As much as I wouldn't personally do it (seems unlikely to come up right enough), I kinda get it.

But I'm in no way against the booing.  I want everyone who can be like that involved at Hearts - so the fans, the management, the board etc - to take every chance we get to show we're fed up of the OF stranglehold.  If that means simply booing someone, so be it.  Childish, churlish, maybe.  Our only outlet.

There will be those abusing Souttar directly - for me, that's no hugely on and they're missing the point.  What I'm thinking is we're booing the state of affairs.  The club now need to do all we can to avoid these scenarios.  Very very difficult to do, but if the OF want our players, we should be making sure we can charge them through the nose.  We should also be making sure every single person at our club knows that we hate them, that if you become a jambo, you hate them.  They're there to be overthrown - OK it may seem unrealistic and they certainly don't see us in this light, but they're our rivals and should be treated only as that.  So no more Hallidays please.  Come to Hearts, aim shots at the OF.  Do well, we'll not stand in your way if you get the chance to move to EPL etc for good fee.

28 minutes ago, lou said:

The vast majority of the support were neither booing or clapping, and the daft wee laddies at the back of section G attempts to start a song about Souttar being a sex offender were absolutely embarrassing, 

Sure sounded like a majority that boo'd him when his name was read out.

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I kind of have no ill will to Souttar.  He didn't grow up a jambo, he's been offered 5x his wages, he's taken it.  As much as I wouldn't personally do it (seems unlikely to come up right enough), I kinda get it.

But I'm in no way against the booing.  I want everyone who can be like that involved at Hearts - so the fans, the management, the board etc - to take every chance we get to show we're fed up of the OF stranglehold.  If that means simply booing someone, so be it.  Childish, churlish, maybe.  Our only outlet.

There will be those abusing Souttar directly - for me, that's no hugely on and they're missing the point.  What I'm thinking is we're booing the state of affairs.  The club now need to do all we can to avoid these scenarios.  Very very difficult to do, but if the OF want our players, we should be making sure we can charge them through the nose.  We should also be making sure every single person at our club knows that we hate them, that if you become a jambo, you hate them.  They're there to be overthrown - OK it may seem unrealistic and they certainly don't see us in this light, but they're our rivals and should be treated only as that.  So no more Hallidays please.  Come to Hearts, aim shots at the OF.  Do well, we'll not stand in your way if you get the chance to move to EPL etc for good fee.

This one gets it. 👌🏻

Looking forward to Auchinleck on Saturday. If Souttar plays he'll hear every clap or boo directed towards him. And if the football's crap there will be plenty sport to witness on the small terraces when the pro/anti Souttear brigade fall out with each other. Will be like the eighties all over again!

25 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s reality though. Whatever happened to saying things as they actually are? 

5 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Grown men booing last night was absolutely tragic. Same grown men then singing Billy Boys even more tragic. 

Yep, sadly said it all about an element of our support. Very strange booing a player because he is going to Rangers then singing a Rangers song.  Some folk clearly don’t think before acting. 

48 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Next Weds there will be 1000 Celtic fans booing him, will folk be joining forces with Celtic fans to boo a player in a maroon jersey?

If he snaps Kyogo in two I might reconsider my position on him

manaliveits105

As already said he is basically on loan from Rangers now - he is wearing maroon and his playing well is integral in our finishing as high up league as we can - save the booing till next season 

27 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Might even happen before the end of the month. 

8 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

How old are you?  10?  Is he the first player to leave Hearts for Glasgow?  Of course not.  It is what it is.  Players come to end of contract and choose from the offers they get.  Yes it's cr*p for us that he's chosen Rangers over a couple of deadwood English Championship clubs but it's done.  He's still contracted to us until the summer unless they come up with a wedge of cash.  He's still a hearts player for now and any doubts about his commitment were dispelled with his performance last night.  Imagine he is still here in May and scores the winner in Cup final.  Still booing?  Eh Naw.  

He’s already signed for Rangers. I’ve got an issue with him continuing to play for Hearts. You might not agree with that but it’s neither immature or difficult to understand. I didn’t and won’t boo him btw. 

I’ll let him off if he scores the winner in a cup final but until then I want him gone. 

23 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

If Halketts injury is serious Souttar won’t be leaving for any amount this month. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Might even happen before the end of the month. 

Not on a pre-contract though. He has to have only 6 months left on his deal before he can do that.

If Devlin signs for anyone this month it's because the club choose to sell him.

Edited by number-16

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Job done for Rangers then. They get a good player for nothing and weaken and unsettle a rival club for the rest of the season.

you think playing him changes that.  If anything it makes it worse

Francis Albert
51 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Whether you agree with booing him or not, clapping a guy him is so bizarre. 

Football is pantomime; booing a guy perceived to have screwed the club isn't mean or offensive, neither is clapping him of course but it just feels odd. It's like rooting for the bad guy in a film.

The clapping seemed to me a response to the booing and a protest against the booing. I mean those who disagreed with the boo boys could hardly respond by booing could they?

11 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, anyone who wants to boo can boo, anyone who wants to clap can clap.

The majority feeling I thought was pretty clear for all to hear last night and you can come on here and try take the high ground, talk down to people who feel hard done by and tell them it’s just football, grow up, that’s life etc etc but do you know what, to a lot of the people who are booing the loudest, the people who feel royally ****ed over by all this it isn’t just football. It’s Hearts, it’s a way of life, it’s what some people base their entire lives around and whether you think that’s sad or not to see the pish ripped out of it by one of our own has hurt them, regardless of whether it’s right or wrong, understandable or not.

Another instance where I personally think Hearts management overall and Robbie (who I’m a massive fan of before that all starts) have shown that they are pretty out of touch when it comes to fan sentiment.

Would this ever happen to the old firm? Would they ever let this happen? I reckon if something similar happened both rangers and Celtic would tell the player involved to leave for absolutely **** all, because fan sentiment can’t be bought. 

We are, thankfully, not the old firm but just once I’d like Hearts to do something petty. Show us that it’s not just a business and that your over-emotional, tribal tendencies just can’t be contained the same way a lot of us feel.

People always come on this forum and slag the songs, the childish behaviour and things but see in reality, football without the nutters is pish. It’s boring, tourist league EPL crap. Give me the Scottish pantomime all day everyday.

Also, I say since everyone’s sick of the booing, we should all start hissing everytime he touches the ball now 👀

It was a very clear minority in the support that were booing last night. Why should the club do what the minority of their fans want? 

hearts 4 the cup
23 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

I need to know how you think this is nonsense, he turned down a deal from us to sign for a rival and all the noise coming out suggests he wants to move this month, yet you think he wants to be here still? 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

you think playing him changes that.  If anything it makes it worse

You think Rangers will pay more for a player we don't feel able to play?

13 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Might well have happened this month with Goldson if English clubs were allowed to do pre-contracts in January rather than April. 

Souttar and Rangers have caused any problems here not Hearts or Hearts fans.

Souttar has committed himself to a rival club in our league.

Souttar, if the media are to be believed, does not want to be here as he allegedly wanted the move to happen this window if he signed a pre contract with them.

His 'blind' clap to the fans before start of game and his reluctance to celebrate the goals tells us where he is at.

If you understand why he wants to move, then you can understand why the booing happened.

What I struggle to understand was the applause from some for a player committed to another rival club, for his every touch whilst those who recently committed to the club, Gordon, Halkett, Kingsley touches were met by silence from these same fans.

The 'clappers' actually kept the pantomime going for 90mins, imo the message was put across loud and clear in first 5mins and the booing would have died out quite quickly, but with those clapping for a player committed to elsewhere it ensured the booing continued.

I'd be inclined to continue to play him and intensify the booing, put the ball in Rangers court as Souttar and his agent will be more desperate to push for the move this window, as long as the club hold fast in what we are after. Ball is in Rangers Court.

Just now, Gambo said:

Souttar and Rangers have caused any problems here not Hearts or Hearts fans.

Souttar has committed himself to a rival club in our league.

Souttar, if the media are to be believed, does not want to be here as he allegedly wanted the move to happen this window if he signed a pre contract with them.

His 'blind' clap to the fans before start of game and his reluctance to celebrate the goals tells us where he is at.

If you understand why he wants to move, then you can understand why the booing happened.

What I struggle to understand was the applause from some for a player committed to another rival club, for his every touch whilst those who recently committed to the club, Gordon, Halkett, Kingsley touches were met by silence from these same fans.

The 'clappers' actually kept the pantomime going for 90mins, imo the message was put across loud and clear in first 5mins and the booing would have died out quite quickly, but with those clapping for a player committed to elsewhere it ensured the booing continued.

I'd be inclined to continue to play him and intensify the booing, put the ball in Rangers court as Souttar and his agent will be more desperate to push for the move this window, as long as the club hold fast in what we are after. Ball is in Rangers Court.

What’s the point in booing ?

16 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Sure sounded like a majority that boo'd him when his name was read out.

I am referring to actually booing him on the pitch

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It was a very clear minority in the support that were booing last night. Why should the club do what the minority of their fans want? 

I actually feel Souttar is a red herring. This is more to do with an opportunity to get at the club. Opportunities haven't been there recently given decent form. The utter bemusement from fans at some of the shite spouted points to that. 

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It was a minority who kept it going. It was not a minority when his name was announced, in my opinion.

I know a lot of Hearts fans, they all don’t think he should play again. 

You might know many as well and they might all think he should.

Such is life. 

From where I’m standing, Hearts have misread the room. Maybe your standing on the other side of the room and that’s fine, in my opinion Hearts always take the high ground and I’m saying just once I’d like to see them show me a bit of tribalism. I’m not going to lay into you for not agreeing with me or talk to you as if I’m definitely right and you are definitely wrong. 

It’s panto, it’s debate, it’s entertainment and I ****ing love every bit of it. 

Edited by Squirt

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, lou said:

I am referring to actually booing him on the pitch

the vast majority of booing was from Section N i can understand some supporters feelings towards the Souttar deal but when you see it highlighted on the TV later it is quite sad and there is no way Rangers will pony anything up now so we will have him until the end of the season.

11 hours ago, Telford_jambo123 said:

start him on saturday and the sub him as soon as the ball goes out for the he’ll of it 

And that's the best way to beat Auchinleck? Give up our best outfield player and use up a sub as soon as the ball is kicked. What news of Halkett injury?

I want Hearts to win things. This season, our best and only chance is the Cup.