Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, mitch41 said:

And yet if you look at my past comments I was spot on about what happened last night.

I don’t know what else you said and I’m not scrolling back to check but I was spot on with what I said - it was a horrible atmosphere last night and the game was very flat, especially first half.  Point has been made, hopefully everyone (ok, not everyone but most) can grow up now, act like adults and get on with life.  Hopefully Rangers pay what we’re after and the pantomime can be over but I can’t see that happening.  

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

After last night the sooner Souttar either leaves or is dropped from the squad the better in my view. We need unity on the pitch and in the stands and Souttar has become a man of contention.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

I kind of have no ill will to Souttar.  He didn't grow up a jambo, he's been offered 5x his wages, he's taken it.  As much as I wouldn't personally do it (seems unlikely to come up right enough), I kinda get it.

But I'm in no way against the booing.  I want everyone who can be like that involved at Hearts - so the fans, the management, the board etc - to take every chance we get to show we're fed up of the OF stranglehold.  If that means simply booing someone, so be it.  Childish, churlish, maybe.  Our only outlet.

There will be those abusing Souttar directly - for me, that's no hugely on and they're missing the point.  What I'm thinking is we're booing the state of affairs.  The club now need to do all we can to avoid these scenarios.  Very very difficult to do, but if the OF want our players, we should be making sure we can charge them through the nose.  We should also be making sure every single person at our club knows that we hate them, that if you become a jambo, you hate them.  They're there to be overthrown - OK it may seem unrealistic and they certainly don't see us in this light, but they're our rivals and should be treated only as that.  So no more Hallidays please.  Come to Hearts, aim shots at the OF.  Do well, we'll not stand in your way if you get the chance to move to EPL etc for good 

I largely agree with nearly all of that 👍

No issues with booing Souttar (but would keep it to his name being read out at the start).   Personally think the booing and clapping during the game is a bit naff. 

My main concern is if the constant booing starts to affect the rest of the team, the guys are only human and will start to affect them at some point.   

Our priority is to cement 3rd place and hopefully a cup win, and this can be achieved with Souttar playing and playing well.  Ironically achieving third place and the money from Europe participation would actually bring in a lot of money for the club so although there may be no transfer fee involved for Souttar there is a possibility that him playing could still earn us a lot of money.  

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

How did I miss this? From whom?

Bongo is slavering again.

RN said we’d had enquiries but he didn’t say we had bids.

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Why on earth would you think that?  Has he told you that?  You know him personally?  Baseless speculation. 

:laugh:

I'll ask him and let you know. But yes right now it is baseless speculation on nothing other than assuming that because he comes across a good one he'll try and do right for both himself and club. A bit like Rudi signing his 1 year deal to make us money.

I'll leave you to get back to supporting Souttar with his Rangers move.

3 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

We were still in the pantomime season last night. When the booing was going on one guy a couple of rows back kept shouting well done John , good ball John following a sideways pass. A case of Oh yes he is, Oh no he isn’t. 

Guy in front of me was doing similar. While a guy behind was booing every touch. Have to admit it was a bit comical

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Whole team has a job to do. Win the game. His teammates are just as likely to feel embarrassed for him. I think fellow professionals understand the choices other players make in a short career. You've already heard Craig Gordon's take.

Yeah i get that... and it may well be the case. It just looked 'uncomfortable' and a bit frosty, from where I was. 

I didn't notice last night but looking at the goals today and seeing comments on here, he really didn't celebrate either goal with the rest of the players?

Possible he just didn't want to get too close to the support, for obvious reasons. It does look strange though, as other defenders made the distance to go celebrate. 

Could be nothing, could be a bit of an issue, hard to say.

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Also worth calling out, Halkett was outstanding last night, far far better than Souttar

Halkett has been like a different player this season.  Souttar hardly put a foot wrong last night though , I remember one misplaced pass in the 2nd half.  Neat and tidy, not exactly  the hardest game he’s had to play (on the park at least). 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

After last night the sooner Souttar either leaves or is dropped from the squad the better in my view. We need unity on the pitch and in the stands and Souttar has become a man of contention.

Isn’t that a decision for us fans to make - whether to support the whole team or not?  I don’t want to see Neilson drop him from the squad - that would just show that he is giving in to the boo boys and a weak manager.  He did the right thing not subbing him last night. 

30 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Spot on most of the people booing around us were the ones who are frustrated as they can’t get on at Neilson at the moment.The looking to be offended about anything crew. 
Playing JS last night  makes it more likely Rangers have to sign him In This window  Hearts people doing Hearts minded things to protect the club.

whilst others  boo and flatten the atmosphere whilst we go for Europe. 

Imagine the atmosphere if the effort that went into booing was transferred to encouraging the team.

Does this comment risk me being labled a happy clapper aka a supporter?

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Halkett has been like a different player this season.  Souttar hardly put a foot wrong last night though , I remember one misplaced pass in the 2nd half.  Neat and tidy, not exactly  the hardest game he’s had to play (on the park at least). 

The defence has worked much better than I expected this season. Kingsley had one bad error last night but has generally been really good, Souttar has had a great season and I honestly never thought Halkett was able to be consistently good like he has been. Shame it’s getting split up 🙁. I wonder if he will favour Smith or Moore to fill Souttars]’s place if he does go this window?

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Not taking sides, I'm as annoyed with Soutar's choice of club as anyone else on here, but I'd just like to ask the pro-booers - those who booed and those who support the booing - what was it you hoped to achieve by booing Soutar and did you achieve it?

The club may also see the booing as a message that we are unhappy at seeing a top player leave for nothing so they better get our other prospects tied down.

37 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Do you not think the clubs Is working  to narrow the gap? Do you think it can happen with a click of your fingers? Do you think Hearts can offer Souttar what Rangers currently can? You are belly aching over a such an obvious reality. 

'what the he'll are we doing'?

Operating within our means and heading  towards European qualification.

Yes, No, No.

“Belly aching” so actively supporting my team and hoping for better? My sincerest apologies that it doesn’t align with how you do your supporting, but that’s football.

What I’m saying is there’s a difference between accepting something willingly and unwillingly. Obviously we have no choice to  accept the situation we’re in, it’s football and we’re at the mercy of players at times. But that doesn’t mean we should just say awk well. That’s fine. Let’s applaud him, make him an even better player so that he can come back and rub our noses in it next season.

We’ve been in a good place before but go backwards. There’s been mitigating circumstances of course but we have a solid foundation to build on, the most solid I’ve ever seen at Hearts in my, albeit short, lifetime, and if ever there’s a time for a mentality shift, it’s now.  

The fact so many people come on to JKB, a really active forum, and aggressively debate each other about the smallest of things is excellent. 

The tone some people take, the way some people choose to go about it, I have to admit is not.  

Edited by Squirt

Souttar has made his choice. He turned his back on the Club that not only developed him into a Scottish international player, but supported him through serious injury. 

He’ll have to get used to the booing & abuse until he leaves. 
Personally, I won’t boo him -but I’ll defend any supporter who does. 

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What’s the point in booing ?

Even worse clapping for a player who is joining The Rangers. 

After the players entered the field of play the whole situation should have been shelved. 

22 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Nonsense, Souttar is a rolls royce of a player and his commitment last night wasn't in question. Play him every week while he's a Hearts player and being paid by the club. That's what Robbie will do. For what it's worth the continuous booing was start to get on my jubbly's last night and was ridiculous. Thankfully the majority gave him their backing. 

45 minutes ago, Boab said:

I agree with The big O's post. 

Immaturity was standing while the rest if the team celebrated a goal.

The booing was maybe a consequence of that but he could have rose above it.

One player needs to stay in the team's own half when a goal is scored. If not the opponents can kick off with clear path to goal.

Bit of a less well known technicality. 

Souttar shook everyone's hand as they came back at the first goal. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

One player needs to stay in the team's own half when a goal is scored. If not the opponents can kick off with clear path to goal.

😂

Aye, kick off with nine opposition players in your half !

That explains it, cheers !

Vlad the impaler

Souttar facing the consequences of his choices,such is life. However watching lastnight it made me feel abit sad that it’s came to this. We’re going to miss a really good player and he’ll leave a massive void imo. So if Rangers aren’t going to pay what we want,no negotiation just utilise him and let him help us get to Europe!

Ex member of the SaS

As much as I dislike him going to the Hun I thought the booing was poor, Ok when his name is read out or when he first touches the ball BUT not every time in the game. Thought he did ok considering the abuse he took and we need to move on. Would prefer he signed a contract with us allowing him to go when interest came along but he should go now or wait until we cup tie him.

A bloke in my work has handed in his notice to go work for a rival company in 2 weeks time. 

I booed him when he joined MS Teams this morning and added ratski to his surname. 

Fxxx the SPFL
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

yep it's not like he's going to do a Usain Bolt to congratulate his teammates look back at other goals we have scored prior to the Rangers announcement and you will see that on some occasions defenders who have stayed back to cover have just meandered up to the half way line to congratulate fellow players after a goal some people just trying to read things into a situation 

40 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Or they could just be quiet. Clapping a guy who's just signed for a bitter rival (not in a sporting context) is just such a weird thing to do imo.

Football's not that important, anyone feeling strongly about this either way needs their head checked. It's panto, it's fun, but from a Hearts fans perspective Souttar should be the 'bad' guy and if people choose to boo him then it at least makes logical sense.

Some folk are coming over as Souttar fans rather than Hearts. Are they going to start going to Ibrox so they can continue to clap him?

Except that wasn't what happened . People who clapped were just opposed to fans booing one of our players during a game .

Suspect many 'clappers' are unhappy with the situation but , correctly imo , against the booers (boobies?)

Just now, john thomas said:

Except that wasn't what happened . People who clapped were just opposed to fans booing one of our players during a game .

Suspect many 'clappers' are unhappy with the situation but , correctly imo , against the booers (boobies?)

So to show their displeasure at people's actions they clapped that action? Even weirder imo.

27 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Yes, No, No.

“Belly aching” so actively supporting my team and hoping for better? My sincerest apologies that it doesn’t align with how you do your supporting, but that’s football.

What I’m saying is there’s a difference between accepting something willingly and unwillingly. Obviously we have no choice to  accept what’s the situation we’re in, it’s football and we’re at the mercy of players at times. But that doesn’t mean we should just say awk well. That’s fine. Let’s applaud him, make him an even better player so that he can come back and rub our noses in it next season.

We’ve been in a good place before but go backwards. There’s been mitigating circumstances of course but we have a solid foundation to build on, the most solid I’ve ever seen at Hearts in my, albeit short, lifetime, and of every there’s a time for a mentality shift, it’s now.  

The fact so many people come on to JKB, a really active forum, and aggressively debate each other about the smallest of things is excellent. 

The tone some people take, the way some people choose to go about it, I have to admit is not.  

nicely put

39 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Guy in front of me was doing similar. While a guy behind was booing every touch. Have to admit it was a bit comical

Block C in the Wheatfield per chance

**** John Souttar and **** you if you were cheering and clapping for him last night.

Shafted the club that did everything for his career so yes, BOOOO!

Boo Booing GIF by South Park

Weird ****er in Section N last night as well from the moment Scott Wilson read his name out pre-match he was standing up giving it "YAAAS SOAPY, ****ING YES SOAPY!" etc. Got a bit heated with him and the sectarian twats at one point until the weirdo left.

31 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Yes, No, No.

What I’m saying is there’s a difference between accepting something willingly and unwillingly. Obviously we have no choice to  accept the situation we’re in, it’s football and we’re at the mercy of players at times. But that doesn’t mean we should just say awk well. That’s fine. Let’s applaud him, make him an even better player so that he can come back and rub our noses in it next season.

We’ve been in a good place before but go backwards. There’s been mitigating circumstances of course but we have a solid foundation to build on, the most solid I’ve ever seen at Hearts in my, albeit short, lifetime, and if ever there’s a time for a mentality shift, it’s now.  

Good reply. 

The mentality you speak of is the reality that Hearts do not need to sell due to any financial issues. This makes us robust.

However, only increased revenue year on year will help us pay more and offer more attractive contracts. It's a slow process unless FOH sell to a Sheikh.

I do some amount of belly aching on here so it was a bit off for me to use that term.

15 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

A bloke in my work has handed in his notice to go work for a rival company in 2 weeks time. 

I booed him when he joined MS Teams this morning and added ratski to his surname. 

I'm in that position today 😂 I have handed in my notice at work this morning, I finish up in 4 weeks time I said to my dad last night I wonder if I will get the John Souttar treatment from my work until my last day 😂 - One of the reason's I'm leaving is down to money its all down to money 👍

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Aye. I’m second back row nearer to section B 😀

😀 Very probably the same guy. Like you I found it funny if a bit infantile

I am nearer to Section B also so I think we have rooted him out.:facepalm:

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, maroon said:

Ironic the section N boys booing souttar then started singing hello hello. Thought they’d be delighted😬😬

and a brief rendition of the Andy Halliday/IRA song too.

Which Huns is it ok to support? Make up your minds lads...

3 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I'm in that position today 😂 I have handed in my notice at work this morning, I finish up in 4 weeks time I said to my dad last night I wonder if I will get the John Souttar treatment from my work until my last day 😂 - One of the reason's I'm leaving is down to money its all down to money 👍

Booooooooooooooo  👏👏👏  Booooooooooooooo  👏👏👏  Booooooooooooooo  👏👏👏  Booooooooooooooo  👏👏👏

3 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

and a brief rendition of the Andy Halliday/IRA song too.

Which Huns is it ok to support? Make up your minds lads...

That's Hibs tiny knob patter 😂

10 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Weird ****er in Section N last night as well from the moment Scott Wilson read his name out pre-match he was standing up giving it "YAAAS SOAPY, ****ING YES SOAPY!" etc. Got a bit heated with him and the sectarian twats at one point until the weirdo left.

Sounds like they're all weirdos in Section N

1 hour ago, kila said:

I think Cammy would sign a new 1 year contract on a higher wage at Hearts first so we get a good transfer fee :thumbsup:

Rat Souttar has had Rangers in his ear for a while now and has engineered his move so Hearts get nothing.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/cammy-devlin-admits-hearts-tears-21543226

StirlingJambo
1 hour ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Also worth calling out, Halkett was outstanding last night, far far better than Souttar

Spot on! Been the case most of the season as well

9 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Can’t believe the amount of people defending the clappers everytime he was on the ball.

I didn’t boo but not a chance I’d be applauding him every time he received it. How embarrassing.

Gave him credit for good passes and tackles though. 

4 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Sounds like they're all weirdos in Section N

You still get the folk who hate Halkett in their too 😂

why would anyone alluding to support Hearts actually cheer a player in maroon having a shot at goal that misses the target ????

what will these type of ‘supporters’ do if he does scores a goal for Hearts before he leaves ????

Boo a Hearts goal ??????

what if it's a last minute winner at easter road ????

9 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Booooooooooooooo  👏👏👏  Booooooooooooooo  👏👏👏  Booooooooooooooo  👏👏👏  Booooooooooooooo  👏👏👏

Imagine John scored and done this like big Harry Maguire done 😂

:Shoosh:

Edited by Stu_HMFC

3 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

You still get the folk who hate Halkett in their too 😂

It always amazes me how some people make their mind up on a player and no matter how much he improves he remains shite to them. It’s odd on here but very strange in the ground. I’m sure we’ve all sat near someone at some point who has just decided to single out a player and give him both barrels for no real reason. 

Edited by GinRummy

Even if Souttar did say he'd rather start his new contract now, who in their right mind could argue with that, it's patently natural to want to start a new contract immediately, and made even more desirable when you're own supporters are booing you like children. 

Anyone who isn't aware the Hearts squad is comprised by professional sportsmen who are ALL here for money and the security of their contracts (perhaps bar Gordon) needs a reality check. 

This is not some medieval tribal village war, where the players are villagers prepared to die to protect their home. We're watching the professional sport industry in action. Hearts players are working for Hearts because Hearts gave them the best offer available to them.

Now, Souttar has grown to be such a good player that we can no longer afford him.

A lot of grown men in our support need to look down and see they are actually basically still wearing a nappy and they don't even realise it.

Edited by Hearts_fan

Byyy The Light
15 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Hopefully a good few will clap you until you go though

Hackney Hearts
30 minutes ago, Taffin said:

So to show their displeasure at people's actions they clapped that action? Even weirder imo.

Well not really - how else would they show their displeasure at the boo-ers then?  By booing? That wouldn't exactly work. :lol: