Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, Squirt said:

I know a lot of Hearts fans, they all don’t think he should play again. 

Do these fans also want Hearts to win things and Robbie to prosper?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

17 minutes ago, Squirt said:

This one gets it. 👌🏻

It's about breaking the Stockholm syndrome that is Scottish football isn't it.  We're told by everyone, even guys we think should be on our side we just need to accept it.  Na.  No we shouldn't.

And what we're doing really is informing our own club of our feelings towards those scumbags in Glasgow (the OF and their pocket buddies, the SPFL).  We want our club to puff its chest out and say no more.

What's the other choice?  Ah well, that's another yin aff to Rangers, best of luck to him and them, right, let's keep aiming for top 4.

Eff that.  That's Hibs shit.  We're going to be the ones to break this open.  Don't know when, but it'll be us.

Nelly Terraces
6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Souttar and Rangers have caused any problems here not Hearts or Hearts fans.

Souttar has committed himself to a rival club in our league.

Souttar, if the media are to be believed, does not want to be here as he allegedly wanted the move to happen this window if he signed a pre contract with them.

His 'blind' clap to the fans before start of game and his reluctance to celebrate the goals tells us where he is at.

If you understand why he wants to move, then you can understand why the booing happened.

What I struggle to understand was the applause from some for a player committed to another rival club, for his every touch whilst those who recently committed to the club, Gordon, Halkett, Kingsley touches were met by silence from these same fans.

The 'clappers' actually kept the pantomime going for 90mins, imo the message was put across loud and clear in first 5mins and the booing would have died out quite quickly, but with those clapping for a player committed to elsewhere it ensured the booing continued.

I'd be inclined to continue to play him and intensify the booing, put the ball in Rangers court as Souttar and his agent will be more desperate to push for the move this window, as long as the club hold fast in what we are after. Ball is in Rangers Court.

Spot on.

Souttar should actually be thanking his lucky stars he plays at Hearts as I thought he got off fairly lightly last night. I know plenty grounds and clubs where the reaction would have been far more vociferous & hateful. 

Just wish the guy would **** off as it's clear he doesn't want to be here, the fans don't want him, and the entire thing is an unnecessary sideshow Heart of Midlothian could do without. 

4 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

And that's the best way to beat Auchinleck? Give up our best outfield player and use up a sub as soon as the ball is kicked. What news of Halkett injury?

I want Hearts to win things. This season, our best and only chance is the Cup. 

Given where we were last year, third place or better, as well as a shot at the cup would be a decent return.

However Souttar going to the huns isn’t going to help.

34 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

That's absolute nonsense!

Nonsense? ...he's stated publicly that he wants away this month! 

50 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yea, that's all it was. 

The first 3 or 4 boos were loud, louder than I thought it would be, and the clapping, IMO, was a reaction to that.

It was very pantomime and I'm glad it died down a bit...from both sides.

The point was made at the first touch, it could have been left there and wouldn't have led to clapping, which was mental really but in context.

Exactly.  It was embarrassing to hear the booing.

The clapping was NOT in support of Souttar but a means of showing distaste for what was a level of ignorance and immaturity that could have had a negative impact on both the player and the team.

Thankfully it didn't. 

Let's hope that the boo boys have got it out of their system and we can get on with supporting our team...all eleven of them.

5 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Do these fans also want Hearts to win things and Robbie to prosper?

Of course.

Should I tell them they’re supporting the club wrong? That’ll be a disappointment. All that money and all those wasted years. 

Can I tell you that you’re doing it wrong? 

I didn't boo or clap.  I don't rate soapy and never have.  A centre half who rarely wins a header and if he does its never a clean header.  I don't think we will be much worse without him.  I kind of understand why robbie played him to show rangers we won't accept a pittance for him but they also don't really need him right now.  Their poor result last night might cause them to go for it though and if we get a decent fee everyone will say well done robbie. If they don't stump up by Saturday he should cup tie him

35 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not sure that stuff will play well with Rangers fans either. It just makes it look like Rangers were not his first choice and without the illness he'd have been off down south A very strange chapter in this saga. You have to wonder what the point of football agents is when they let their clients get into a mess like this that could have been easily avoided with all parties happy.

I think he's been very poorly advised through this whole saga. He could have (behind closed doors) agreed something in principal with sevco, then come out and said 'i'll give Hearts everything for 6 months and make my decision at the end of the season'. Instead we have this fiasco. 

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It's about breaking the Stockholm syndrome that is Scottish football isn't it.  We're told by everyone, even guys we think should be on our side we just need to accept it.  Na.  No we shouldn't.

And what we're doing really is informing our own club of our feelings towards those scumbags in Glasgow (the OF and their pocket buddies, the SPFL).  We want our club to puff its chest out and say no more.

What's the other choice?  Ah well, that's another yin aff to Rangers, best of luck to him and them, right, let's keep aiming for top 4.

Eff that.  That's Hibs shit.  We're going to be the ones to break this open.  Don't know when, but it'll be us.

Absolutely nailed it. Which is exactly why I feel it’s imperative we don’t let him go this window. 

It’s the same charade every time the OF sign a player on a pre contract. Weeks of media sensationalism to end the players “hell” and they end up along the M8 for a pittance. 

For once I’d like us to stand strong and show we won’t bow down to them. Keep him till his contract is up (even if it means sticking him in the stands). 

The club are not to blame for how this has all unfolded but I will be disappointed in them if we allow him to go this month for a nominal £500k amount. 

40 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

He deserved a bit of flak today and was always going to get a bit but I'm over it now, really just hope he goes this window tbh, can't be arsed with all the negative impact it's having on our team, would be the best outcome for all parties.

That's my view as well. 

Thought the booing and clapping 

pantomime was both funny and embarrassing at the same time. 

JS played well and deserves praise for his professionalism. 

I get folk are unhappy with JS and I am as well however once the game starts hostilities should have ceased and concentrate on getting a very important three points. 

Thought the team did well last night to rise above it. 

HHGH. 

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

100% mate.

Theres a mentality problem in Scottish football, from more clubs than just us, that the old firm are too big, too successful, we’re too far behind already. 

Well what’s the ****ing point then? What the hell are we doing if people actually believe that to be the case? 

Nothing will change until we make the mentality change. Hearts as a club have so much potential and that’s what makes it so hard to accept the shit we put up with so often. 

9 minutes ago, maroon said:

Ironic the section N boys booing souttar then started singing hello hello. Thought they’d be delighted😬😬

Agreed - They are not exactly the most intelligent part of our support 

14 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

the vast majority of booing was from Section N i can understand some supporters feelings towards the Souttar deal but when you see it highlighted on the TV later it is quite sad and there is no way Rangers will pony anything up now so we will have him until the end of the season.

Plenty booing up in G too. Enough to be well heard on the highlights. I did boo in the opening few minutes but stopped. Plenty others didn't. That said I did give him pelters for not going to celebrate the goal. Respect those who didn't boo, but those who clapped were mental.

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, Locky said:

Plenty booing up in G too. Enough to be well heard on the highlights. I did boo in the opening few minutes but stopped. Plenty others didn't. That said I did give him pelters for not going to celebrate the goal. Respect those who didn't boo, but those who clapped were mental.

we're in Section Q so it mostly Section N i could here due to close proximity i would imagine G would as well i didn't boo or clap fwiw just want this sorry saga over with

Fozzyonthefence

3 minutes ago, Locky said:

It was dying down before he only belatedly joined in the goal celebration.  Not sure if he was furthest away from it but all other 9 outfield players joined in and everyone  noticed.  It just ignited it all again.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

18 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I actually feel Souttar is a red herring. This is more to do with an opportunity to get at the club. Opportunities haven't been there recently given decent form. The utter bemusement from fans at some of the shite spouted points to that. 

Spot on most of the people booing around us were the ones who are frustrated as they can’t get on at Neilson at the moment.The looking to be offended about anything crew. 
Playing JS last night  makes it more likely Rangers have to sign him In This window  Hearts people doing Hearts minded things to protect the club.

whilst others  boo and flatten the atmosphere whilst we go for Europe. 

booing...the demonstration of ignorance !

What does it achieve   ?

Wait, i'll get the stock answers and rants out the way..

I pay my season ticket , im entitled to boo....

i pay my FOH , im entitled to boo...

he's going to rangers, im entitled to boo...

Just a wee question for you...

What jersey was the boy wearing last night ? 

Too many Entitled halfwits in our support unfortunately...utter embarrassment's

Edited by gorgieheart

4 minutes ago, frasermck11 said:

Absolutely nailed it. Which is exactly why I feel it’s imperative we don’t let him go this window. 

It’s the same charade every time the OF sign a player on a pre contract. Weeks of media sensationalism to end the players “hell” and they end up along the M8 for a pittance. 

For once I’d like us to stand strong and show we won’t bow down to them. Keep him till his contract is up (even if it means sticking him in the stands). 

The club are not to blame for how this has all unfolded but I will be disappointed in them if we allow him to go this month for a nominal £500k amount. 

Such a tough one though isn't it.  Every single player in the world has a price and that will be affected by contract length hugely.  It'll also be affected by who is bidding.

So while I think a few hundred grand for Souttar from some English club he'd signed for would be a no brainer at this juncture, is it enough to accept from along the M8?

When it comes down to it, and the club will look at it as business, it'll come down to what Joe says I think.  If he says, give me that £500k and I'll get you better than Souttar with it either now or in the summer, the club may take a pragmatic approach to allow him to do that, for example.

Who knows mate, so I wont lose my shit if we take something like that, but I'm totally with you in sentiment and I'd want the club to rationalise to us any offer we accept from that filth.  I really hope we don't get "undisclosed" which is the most likely, frankly.

Come end of Jan, if he's still here cos they refused to pay our asking price, I want him in the stands to end the panto.

12 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Exactly.  It was embarrassing to hear the booing.

The clapping was NOT in support of Souttar but a means of showing distaste for what was a level of ignorance and immaturity that could have had a negative impact on both the player and the team.

Thankfully it didn't. 

Let's hope that the boo boys have got it out of their system and we can get on with supporting our team...all eleven of them.

I agree with The big O's post. 

Immaturity was standing while the rest if the team celebrated a goal.

The booing was maybe a consequence of that but he could have rose above it.

1 minute ago, gorgieheart said:

booing...the demonstration of ignorance !

What does it achieve   ?

Wait, i'll get the stock answers and rants out the way..

I pay my season ticket , im entitles to boo....

i pay my FOH , im entitled to boo...

he's going to rangers, im entitles to boo...

Just a wee question for you...

What jersey was the boy wearing last night ? 

Under our Hearts strip?  Who knows.

4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Agreed - They are not exactly the most intelligent part of our support 

See comments like that. Honest to god mate. What does that add to the discussion?

I’m not in section N and I’ve slagged them off loads of times on here but they support the club the same as you and me and comments like that are just pathetic. Someone doesn’t agree with you so they must be stupid? Where do people get this mentality?

I respect debate, opposite opinions and open discussion but comments like that are just wasting everybody’s time including your own.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Same as Celtic fans with Rodgers. But then we now live in a world where grown men cry about being asked to wear a tiny bit of cloth on their face to maybe prevent someone else from dying.

:cornette:

13 minutes ago, Squirt said:

100% mate.

Theres a mentality problem in Scottish football, from more clubs than just us, that the old firm are too big, too successful, we’re too far behind already. 

Well what’s the ****ing point then? What the hell are we doing if people actually believe that to be the case? 

Nothing will change until we make the mentality change. Hearts as a club have so much potential and that’s what makes it so hard to accept the shit we put up with so often. 

Do you not think the club Is working  to narrow the gap? Do you think it can happen with a click of your fingers? Do you think Hearts can offer Souttar what Rangers currently can? You are belly aching over a such an obvious reality. 

'what the hell are we doing'?

Operating within our means and heading  towards European qualification.

Edited by Riccarton3

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Such a tough one though isn't it.  Every single player in the world has a price and that will be affected by contract length hugely.  It'll also be affected by who is bidding.

So while I think a few hundred grand for Souttar from some English club he'd signed for would be a no brainer at this juncture, is it enough to accept from along the M8?

When it comes down to it, and the club will look at it as business, it'll come down to what Joe says I think.  If he says, give me that £500k and I'll get you better than Souttar with it either now or in the summer, the club may take a pragmatic approach to allow him to do that, for example.

Who knows mate, so I wont lose my shit if we take something like that, but I'm totally with you in sentiment and I'd want the club to rationalise to us any offer we accept from that filth.  I really hope we don't get "undisclosed" which is the most likely, frankly.

Come end of Jan, if he's still here cos they refused to pay our asking price, I want him in the stands to end the panto.

Couple of good posts there BigO 👍

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

100k and save the same on his wages, we need to move on and this thread can be closed.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard a Hearts player booed from start to finish. 

I remember the whole stadium booing a Hearts player coming off the bench as he waited to get on the pitch! 

John Craig! 

Gordon Ramsay
9 hours ago, jamborich said:

Sounds like rangers is your problem not Souter

He could have signed a contract with us and got the club that stood by him a decent fee. His career was likely in the balance and its thanks to Hearts he is still playing football.

He didn't do that. 

That makes him a bit of a dick in my book. 

He then had options down south to earn the same/more money than at Rangers and he didn't do that. He chose to sign for a club in the same league and turn his back on the club that has supported him through numerous career threatening injuries. Everyone knows fine well moving from Hearts to Rangers is not going to go down well but hes done it anyway. Shows a lack of respect for Hearts. 

If he's happy to do that I'm happy to reciprocate the lack of respect and boo the dick. 

3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Do you not think the clubs Is working  to narrow the gap? Do you think it can happen with a click of your fingers? Do you think Hearts can offer Souttar what Rangers currently can? You are belly aching over a such an obvious reality. 

'what the he'll are we doing'?

Operating within our means and heading  towards European qualification.

I strongly suspect that Rangers can't afford it either. 

50 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, anyone who wants to boo can boo, anyone who wants to clap can clap.

The majority feeling I thought was pretty clear for all to hear last night and you can come on here and try take the high ground, talk down to people who feel hard done by and tell them it’s just football, grow up, that’s life etc etc but do you know what, to a lot of the people who are booing the loudest, the people who feel royally ****ed over by all this it isn’t just football. It’s Hearts, it’s a way of life, it’s what some people base their entire lives around and whether you think that’s sad or not to see the pish ripped out of it by one of our own has hurt them, regardless of whether it’s right or wrong, understandable or not.

Another instance where I personally think Hearts management overall and Robbie (who I’m a massive fan of before that all starts) have shown that they are pretty out of touch when it comes to fan sentiment.

Would this ever happen to the old firm? Would they ever let this happen? I reckon if something similar happened both rangers and Celtic would tell the player involved to leave for absolutely **** all, because fan sentiment can’t be bought. 

We are, thankfully, not the old firm but just once I’d like Hearts to do something petty. Show us that it’s not just a business and that your over-emotional, tribal tendencies just can’t be contained the same way a lot of us feel.

People always come on this forum and slag the songs, the childish behaviour and things but see in reality, football without the nutters is pish. It’s boring, tourist league EPL crap. Give me the Scottish pantomime all day everyday.

Also, I say since everyone’s sick of the booing, we should all start hissing everytime he touches the ball now 👀

Good post ☝️

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

Boo the ***** then criticise him for not celebrating. Call it immature. I think you've covered everything.

Just now, moonraker said:

I think people were advised by Boris Johnson to "Bring your own boo's"

:clyay:

2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I strongly suspect that Rangers can't afford it either. 

Another topic. How they operate their finances is their concern. Unless the tax man needs involved again

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Boo the ***** then criticise him for not celebrating. Call it immature. I think you've covered everything.

Yea, I have.

Immature all round really.

38 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Souttar and Rangers have caused any problems here not Hearts or Hearts fans.

Souttar has committed himself to a rival club in our league.

Souttar, if the media are to be believed, does not want to be here as he allegedly wanted the move to happen this window if he signed a pre contract with them.

His 'blind' clap to the fans before start of game and his reluctance to celebrate the goals tells us where he is at.

If you understand why he wants to move, then you can understand why the booing happened.

What I struggle to understand was the applause from some for a player committed to another rival club, for his every touch whilst those who recently committed to the club, Gordon, Halkett, Kingsley touches were met by silence from these same fans.

The 'clappers' actually kept the pantomime going for 90mins, imo the message was put across loud and clear in first 5mins and the booing would have died out quite quickly, but with those clapping for a player committed to elsewhere it ensured the booing continued.

I'd be inclined to continue to play him and intensify the booing, put the ball in Rangers court as Souttar and his agent will be more desperate to push for the move this window, as long as the club hold fast in what we are after. Ball is in Rangers Court.

This, an absolutely bizarre thing to do. Can only think they wanted to out-do the boo-ers. It's this idea that some at the club now have that tynecastle is always a nice happy day out and we can't possibly be seen to do something bad.  

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

The clapping seemed to me a response to the booing and a protest against the booing. I mean those who disagreed with the boo boys could hardly respond by booing could they?

Or they could just be quiet. Clapping a guy who's just signed for a bitter rival (not in a sporting context) is just such a weird thing to do imo.

Football's not that important, anyone feeling strongly about this either way needs their head checked. It's panto, it's fun, but from a Hearts fans perspective Souttar should be the 'bad' guy and if people choose to boo him then it at least makes logical sense.

Some folk are coming over as Souttar fans rather than Hearts. Are they going to start going to Ibrox so they can continue to clap him?

MarkDevriesScores4

I personally didn’t boo him last night (I don’t usually boo anyone) but I didn’t mind him getting booed. He was the quietest player on the pitch. He made one decent tackle and gave away a chance to st Johnstone. Below average performance. I’d play him against auchinleck then bring in Moore for the remainder of the season. Souttar is far from our best defender and we can progress without him. 

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

Totally agree. Absolute playground behaviour from an element of our support. Does anybody seriously think Cammy Devlin wouldn’t jump ship if he was offered 4 times his existing wage. 

I think Cammy would sign a new 1 year contract on a higher wage at Hearts first so we get a good transfer fee :thumbsup:

Rat Souttar has had Rangers in his ear for a while now and has engineered his move so Hearts get nothing.

15 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Spot on most of the people booing around us were the ones who are frustrated as they can’t get on at Neilson at the moment.The looking to be offended about anything crew. 
Playing JS last night  makes it more likely Rangers have to sign him In This window  Hearts people doing Hearts minded things to protect the club.

whilst others  boo and flatten the atmosphere whilst we go for Europe. 

Nailed it.

8 minutes ago, Boab said:

...found that a bit uncomfortable. When (eventually) Gino got to JS after scoring, it was no eye contact and a slap of hands. Actually made me think that some of the team are not happy with him.

And if JS felt uncomfortable celebrating with the rest if the team... it just reinforces this. 🤷‍♂️ Could be wrong, but not an ideal situation.

4 minutes ago, Squirt said:

See comments like that. Honest to god mate. What does that add to the discussion?

I’m not in section N and I’ve slagged them off loads of times on here but they support the club the same as you and me and comments like that are just pathetic. Someone doesn’t agree with you so they must be stupid? Where do people get this mentality?

I respect debate, opposite opinions and open discussion but comments like that are just wasting everybody’s time including your own.

That's been the mantra from some since the start of this thread. 

Mostly from Souttars supporters, the people who insist they would have done the same. 

They don't seem to appreciate that for some of us there are jobs in life that are too repugnant to accept. 

Playing for the Queens eleven and sucking up to the hun support is certainly in that category for me. 

Not everything is about money. 

15 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Rubbish, no logic in that at all. Boo a player constantly for 90 minutes will create a horrible atmosphere and have a negative impact on the whole team.  

And yet if you look at my past comments I was spot on about what happened last night.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, kila said:

I think Cammy would sign a new 1 year contract on a higher wage at Hearts first so we get a good transfer fee :thumbsup:

Rat Souttar has had Rangers in his ear for a while now and has engineered his move so Hearts get nothing.

Why on earth would you think that?  Has he told you that?  You know him personally?  Baseless speculation. 

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...found that a bit uncomfortable. When (eventually) Gino got to JS after scoring, it was no eye contact and a slap of hands. Actually made me think that some of the team are not happy with him.

And if JS felt uncomfortable celebrating with the rest if the team... it just reinforces this. 🤷‍♂️ Could be wrong, but not an ideal situation.

Whole team has a job to do. Win the game. His teammates are just as likely to feel embarrassed for him. I think fellow professionals understand the choices other players make in a short career. You've already heard Craig Gordon's take.

We were still in the pantomime season last night. When the booing was going on one guy a couple of rows back kept shouting well done John , good ball John following a sideways pass. A case of Oh yes he is, Oh no he isn’t.