Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

6 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

My post was a question.

A question? On a discussion forum? Fancy that. What was I thinking?

For the record, since you imagined that I might be happy for us to be a Rangers feeder club, there's no team on Earth I prefer Rangers to.

No, not one.

And there never shall be one? 😏

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

41 minutes ago, Mirror said:

He might be the difference in us getting 3rd place.

The John Souttar of the season so far I’d agree with you. The John Souttar whose head is now elsewhere not so sure

28 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

And there never shall be one? 😏

Beat me to it😁

There is another team like them though they're called Celtic. 

Equally as rancid. 🐀

31 minutes ago, CAR said:

This is where I am as we need to make a stand. If we don't they will get their way again and will continue do it over and over again.

Its not about the money its about setting a stance/Example so players understand in the future what this means.

The fact that he did not show the club that has developed and supported him through out most of hos career the common decency to tell them in advance that he was was going to do this shows a complete lack of disrespect. (i actually believe this is what rangers asked to do in order to put additional pressure on us to sell which is why I would prefer that we didn't to ensure that they don't get what they wanted) Otherwise this could have been handled out with the public arena so that all parties could come to a common agreement.

I fully understand that we will lose out financially but by selling we are not only giving in but we are strengthening one of our direct competitors . We have already said publicly that we will not let him go for anything less than a ridiculous offer (I presume we expected him to go down south btw) but if we expect the derisory amount that SEVCO will offer this will weaken us in future transfer negations. 

We're not a club with creditors battering down our door. I don't particularly want their money under these circumstances. I'd rather the club showed a bit of back bone and self respect and told the huns the way they've went about this has been disgusting and the he's not for sale. Then stick the rodent in the reserves and they can have fun trying to get him match fit again next season. 

The right and proper way to do this would have been to sign a fresh 12 month deal on better terms with a gentleman's agreement the club won't stand in his way in the summer. He gets paid more for 6/7 months, and is protected in case he gets injured so can entirely focus on finishing this season strongly (which would have likely increase the quality and volume of options for him in the summer). 

I don't think this is going to be a good move for him tbh and its going to be hilarious to watch. 

Just now, luckydug said:

Beat me to it😁

There is another team like them though they're called Celtic. 

Equally as rancid. 🐀

Haha. My rat emoji thing is going to get well used. Now you’ve reminded me it’s there. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

I don't actually have an issue with him signing for Rangers, he is after all free to choose who he wants to play for when he becomes a free agent and from his perspective probably the best offer available for obvious reasons.

The problem I have with this whole thing is that he has signed and allowed Rangers to announce this which is obviously a blatant attempt to force a move now, while under contract as a Hearts player. It is disrespectful to the club, the fans, his team mates and it undermines us by allowing Rangers to bully us into selling him for a nominal fee.

If John had agreed to sign in principle with Rangers when his contract ended without announcements or forcing a move through underhand tactics but instead gave 100% for us now until the end of the season, he would have left with many of our best wishes.

He chose the wrong way to go about this so he can go and take his face for a shite as far as most of us are concerned and he can certainly never play for Hearts again. Absolutely no way.

Well said. I understand it’s a pre contract but when choosing them he should really have asked if they could sort it so he could move now. Hopefully that’s what happens if not John is going to find out what a bitter horrible lot we are 🤣

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

500k plus add ons he can go now.

Unless 200k let's say makes a huge difference to whether we can recruit elsewhere, he stays.

Even if it is just to bring him in to train every day on his own.

Agreed

Gutted he's signed for rangers  bur not sure I think he'll be any less committed than the players we're going to release in the summer.

17 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Well said. I understand it’s a pre contract but when choosing them he should really have asked if they could sort it so he could move now. Hopefully that’s what happens if not John is going to find out what a bitter horrible lot we are 🤣

:lol: I'm sure Robbie will know this and will take him out the picture. It's not good for the team if he plays. 

6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Can’t really answer this as my preference is to agree a settlement and let him go in the window.

However, if we don’t do that whethe he plays none, any or many matches I’ll leave to the club if they think he will improve the team. My view is it will likely be too much of a distraction for everyone involved if they play him. 

Can’t disagree with this. Not saying for one minute that it doesn’t bother me and I have already said, that If your top level of ambition, is to get your big move 50 miles along the m8 and to play in the same tin pot league that you were playing in previously, then that says it all in terms of how far you think u can really go 

Not voting on the basis of exactly what Dave says above. Far too many variables in play. If we don’t sign someone (for whatever reason) we may need to play him. Getting into Europe is the objective and the club needs to make the decision around this.

The distraction element and if he plays on is a bit of a concern. Don’t really want him around the players who are committed to us tbh and that’s just a personal view. On this basis would look to get rid ASAP 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Only 3 more sleeps till we can all sing "Souttar, Souttar get to ****" and Boooooooooo till our viens burst out our collective temples. 

More exciting than Xmas! 

Should help keep us all warm, might start practicing now BBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 😆

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, sassenach said:

Unless I'm misunderstanding this, won't we get a fee if Souttar moves now, but nothing if he waits until the season ends?  Moving now wouldn't be the worst thing.

The fee could be the remainder of his contract, about £100k. Dundee Utd due a cut if it also. Moving now would be the best thing, even for such a small fee. Get shot and move on. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

If he doesn’t know it after 6 years he’s more stupid than he looks. 

lost in space
1 hour ago, Neil Mccanns Wand said:

Do you think he’d prefer Hearts or Rangers to finish 2nd this season?

Yes, I take your point and have to accept it.

We don't play him v the huns though.

He knows he has to play, and well to retain his Scotland place so he will prioritise his performances.

If not for Scotland situation, I would not trust him.

Don't think we are challenging for second...

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

If you don’t understand that then you’re not much of a Jambo.

So what did we do over and above being contractually obliged to?  Seems to be a lazy line trotted out on here without much thought given to it.  Footballers get injured, the club honours their contract, it’s nothing new. 

I think those in charge need to read the room re JS.

I still think he will say he’s not in right frame of mind for playing and it will be a moot point for Tuesday.

AB didn’t read the mood of the crowd re CL. 

Playing JS is likely to lead to tension from the stands which will only encourage the opposition, so for me it should be a no brainer.

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

So what did we do over and above being contractually obliged to?  Seems to be a lazy line trotted out on here without much thought given to it.  Footballers get injured, the club honours their contract, it’s nothing new. 

I think he’s insinuating you should be all hot and bothered he’s away on the cheap, with little or no concern for us, showed no respect for us looking after him whilst he was injured, signed for newco who we never ever sell to.

Ive probably missed some but the gist is there.

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Personally I’m looking forward seeing who fills his boots.

Me too. I’m almost done hating on Souttar for the time being and I’m convinced we’ll get a new centre back in. 

I'd rather we tried out youngsters in his position than play him. But I admit that is a completely emotional response. If he'd been going anywhere but the arse cheeks, I would have been happy seeing him in the team/squad for the rest of the season.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I think he’s insinuating you should be all hot and bothered he’s away on the cheap, with little or no concern for us, showed no respect for us looking after him whilst he was injured, signed for newco who we never ever sell to.

Ive probably missed some but the gist is there.

I think we all are but it was about a post which asked what we had done for Souttar that other clubs wouldn’t have done.  Seemed a reasonable question to me and I’m curious to know too but the reply to that didn’t answer the question and was just a smart arse response questioning the poster’s Jambo credentials. 

5 hours ago, Barry Radge said:

If he goes to the Tribute Act this month then surely the club should insist on full payment up front. We got shafted for the balance of the Lee Wallace fee when the late Rangers FC now deceased went to the wall. Sevco are living a hand to mouth existence with loans and share issues so we don’t want shafted this time. 

Exactly.  Sevco's finances depend on winning the league title again.  Souttar might well be looking for another club in a year if they don't.  If he's going anyway, we should make sure they pay up front.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Imagine he stays, plays and we win the sc. 

😳

Play him up to the final....then drop him from the final squad....

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Me too. I’m almost done hating on Souttar for the time being and I’m convinced we’ll get a new centre back in. 

Rotherham player looks like he could easily step in, who knows though

Michael Ihiekwe

Edited by Factuer Moi

On 15/01/2022 at 06:37, Rudy T said:

We can’t dictate that, if Rangers don’t want to pay we can’t force their hand. They’re getting him for nothing at the end of the season and there’s hee haw we can do.

He should never play for us again regardless. He’s really shat on us from a great height.

they would take him now , it’s very much dependant on how much we are asking for in return.

absolutely he has shat on us , he could have resigned on a one year deal and we could have sold in the summer 

On 15/01/2022 at 06:52, PortyBeach said:

Does a pre-contract mean TRFC can just sit things out until Souttar’s Hearts contract expires and then sign him for nothing?

What does that perhaps tell us about TRFC’s finances?

I think they know , that they are in the driving seat , if they are going to pay a fee then it would be on their terms . I still think it’s almost worth just letting him go now for a nominal fee , save his wages and let the rebuild begin . 

They also probably feel that their current defence will be good enough until the end of this season 

12 minutes ago, fila said:

I think they know , that they are in the driving seat , if they are going to pay a fee then it would be on their terms . I still think it’s almost worth just letting him go now for a nominal fee , save his wages and let the rebuild begin . 

They also probably feel that their current defence will be good enough until the end of this season 

Those weedgie rimjobs will do everything they can to ensure they pay us the very minimum.  They don't give a monkeys about inte team respect.  

31 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Rotherham player looks like he could easily step in, who knows though

Michael Ihiekwe

Where did that name appear from? 😄

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Where did that name appear from? 😄

Plucked out of thin air, nothing at all in it .

Honestly

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

👍

He would be the perfect replacement though, also a potential improvement. 

Fxxx the SPFL
9 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

too old 29 millers fans reckon he’s guff 

Broxburn Jambo
9 hours ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

This is how I see the  John Souttar situation

His contract was coming to an end, he is looking for an improved deal.

( I am sure Hearts have been talking to him/agent since the beginning of this season, we offered him the best deal we could within the structure we now have laid down, it was not enough)

He owes us for sticking with him through his injuries

( Rubbish !!!, we have a duty of care as does any employer, even my own when I was off work for 6 months, he also got these injuries while representing our club)

He should never have gone to Rangers

( They had the best deal on offer, that probably suited him and his family)

Don't play him the rest of the season if he doesn't go in January for a fee

( If he is still here and performing -play him, he is part of a squad)

Finally, 

John I will be sorry to see you go, you have left us with memories, not least the most recent tackle against Griffiths in the Dundee game, and a beauty of a tackle against Hibs in a midweek game, I would love to see that again!!!, 

Thanks for being here, but I now of course reserve the right to give you dogs abuse when you wear a Rangers shirt.

onwards and upwards HHGH 

Just to follow on to my post, the comments that are being said are an absolute disgrace

What if he is picked to play on Tuesday and shows the same application and effort he has shown all season, will that change your mind? It is not John Souttar who is an embarrassment to our club but the people who would boo a Hearts player while he is wearing the colours, or even worse wish injury on him

13 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

TM is the perfect replacement bud and he's already at the club.

1 minute ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

Just to follow on to my post, the comments that are being said are an absolute disgrace

What if he is picked to play on Tuesday and shows the same application and effort he has shown all season, will that change your mind? It is not John Souttar who is an embarrassment to our club but the people who would boo a Hearts player while he is wearing the colours, or even worse wish injury on him

It is John Souttar that’s the disgrace. Imagine slagging off loyal hearts fans and siding with someone who’s about to become a rangers player. Get over yourself. 

2 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

too old 29 millers fans reckon he’s guff 

He is a stand out to be stolen off them then, the player shows loyalty. Is very tough competitive and has the similar goals ratio as want a way.

His age gives Smith someone to chat away with, only joking. Means nothing when looking at who would make us stronger without cutting our throats .

He is by a distance a far better option than the names kicking around here.

3 minutes ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

It wouldn't change my mind, he's still a wank for signing a pre contract with the huns

Fxxx the SPFL
3 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

He is a stand out to be stolen off them then, the player shows loyalty. Is very tough competitive and has the similar goals ratio as want a way.

His age gives Smith someone to chat away with, only joking. Means nothing when looking at who would make us stronger without cutting our throats .

He is by a distance a far better option than the names kicking around here.

Don’t know anything about him only going by their fans chat 

8 minutes ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

It is the pre contract that pisses us off

Why not just keep it stoom and say to the club he is not going to sign has an option. Why announce it mid season. If it isn't to weaken disturb and basically make us look like easy rides.

This event is gutting, just weeks ago Dopey was halfing ThUmb boy

Edited by Factuer Moi

3 hours ago, Mirror said:

He might be the difference in us getting 3rd place.

Correct ...But in a negative way because if he stays in the team he's going to get dogs abuse which will most definitely have a negative impact and most likely result in us losing out on third. 

Spitonastranger

I don't give a fig about pre contracts and whether we did it previously. That's up to those teams fans to discuss, Souter and The Rangers can get to F. I support the Famous and that's it. He should never be allowed to wear  our colours again. 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Taylor Moore 

Loaned to us, that could change.

I agree

Bristol City Contract there expires:Jun 30, 2023

£720Th.

Edited by Factuer Moi

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)