Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

Just to follow on to my post, the comments that are being said are an absolute disgrace

What if he is picked to play on Tuesday and shows the same application and effort he has shown all season, will that change your mind? It is not John Souttar who is an embarrassment to our club but the people who would boo a Hearts player while he is wearing the colours, or even worse wish injury on him

I get what you're saying mate and I think everyone understands him looking to earn £15k a week instead of £4k, or whatever the numbers are. 

However, he could have got £15k a week from Sheffield utd, Blackburn or Stoke. To actually choose our rivals instead is a huge kick in the nuts to the club who have supported him through his injuries over the past 5 seasons. 

I don't understand why anyone would choose that horrible club, with their horrible songs, horrible fans, over someone like Blackburn who have a good chance of playing premiership football next season, over games v Ross Co, St mirren etc. Bizarre stuff. He can feck off as far as I'm concerned. Rat 🐀 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Yeah I'm talking while ignoring  all the rancour about his pre contract. Rangers might be quite relaxed about waiting till summer believing their defence us adequate. But you would think the capture of JS in January would be desired esp with the rewards for winners this year. The guy Balogun is 

Pish, Goldson and Tavernier prone to moments, Helander in and out. 

Hearts have their own ambitions. 

I said earlier having had a few discussions let’s say on twitter they see him as a back up not a replacement for Goldson. It depends on the manager i suppose, surely Souttars performance a month ago didn’t impress anyone at Ibrox 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

Will his presence help or detail our bid for 3rd, not an easy decision to make and the club are in an unenviable position through no fault of our own. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ask if there was any chance they could put a bid in for him, ask for a sell on fee to be agreed, show some respect and tell Hearts before it was announced on Twitter, agree to sign but wait a few months. 
There’s been quite a few of our players went to the uglies in my lifetime but I can’t remember this kind of vitriol when it’s been announced, only after Pressley did what he did on the pitch. 

You knowing a fact he didn't tell the club ? Does anyone on here know what conversations JS has  (or hadn't) had with Hearts ?

The Hearts statement appeared , to me at least , to be critical of rangers behaviour

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

We don't have to sell at that price. One month's FOH pledges covers that. For future situations, we should name our price & stick to it.

Rangers then run the risk of a) not getting the use of him until next season and b) their player sitting in the stand for 6 months.

We don’t have to sell at all, but they don’t need him now and if he’s not played for six months he won’t be injured. Plus Neilson reckons he’s going to play him..

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, john thomas said:

You knowing a fact he didn't tell the club ? Does anyone on here know what conversations JS has  (or hadn't) had with Hearts ?

The Hearts statement appeared , to me at least , to be critical of rangers behaviour

Yes it was, for announcing it without telling us. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Are you his Dad ? 😏

This stubborn defence of snakey would suggest you are close to him. 

Now that he's fecked off to Hunbrox you can carry on singing his praises on follow follow or one one of their other horrible chat sites. 

This thread has really flushed out some superior beings with their logical defence of Souttar and his new employers. 

They are not natural. 

It would’ve been interesting if the same folk would’ve reacted differently if he signed for Celtic 🤔?

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Are you his Dad ? 😏

Now that he's fecked off to Hunbrox you can carry on singing his praises on follow follow or one one of their other horrible chat sites. 

This thread has really flushed out some superior beings with their logical defence of Souttar and his new employers. 

They are not natural. 

And I get criticised for calling some 'fan's hammers !

I could answer all your points but you seem incapable of answering any points anyone makes

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We don’t have to sell at all, but they don’t need him now and if he’s not played for six months he won’t be injured. Plus Neilson reckons he’s going to play him..

I get the anger on here but we do rangers bidding with any idea of selling  for 200k and thinking it's wholly negative to keep a valuable player. Not saying you thought he should go for 200K btw but just that you said is all we'd get. 

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I guess we'll see on Tuesday, if he's still here. Obviously a negotiating tactic saying we'll play him but too big a risk that the stadium turns on him and becomes a distraction.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It would’ve been interesting if the same folk would’ve reacted differently if he signed for Celtic 🤔?

Hopefully that is not a reference to me ? If it is please point out where , on any thread , I have ever shown support for rangers , or Celtic .

Luckydug did appear to suggest that I am some kind of hun sympathiser . I basically ignored that as his whole post was rabid nonsense .

Think I've been too nice calling some people bammers

36 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I just don't think there's any need to let him go. Club has already stated it would take an offer Rangers seem unlikely to pay so looks like he's staying. We don't need their money but we want 3rd. Souttar even as a back up player on the bench might be an asset if Neilson goes for those truly committed. 

I think I'm with this

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I get the anger on here but we do rangers bidding with any idea of selling  for 200k and thinking it's wholly negative to keep a valuable player. Not saying you thought he should go for 200K btw but just that you said is all we'd get. 

I can see all the negative views of him staying, the fans booing him will do as much harm as his presence on the pitch will do good, if he can keep his level up. To be honest he was poor against St Mirren and Rangers in the last two games I’ve seen him. Any mistake, he makes a few, will be seen as a lack of focus. Not sure what our best option is tbh. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I guess we'll see on Tuesday, if he's still here. Obviously a negotiating tactic saying we'll play him but too big a risk that the stadium turns on him and becomes a distraction.

He must surely know that. 

Rangers might be in a similar position with Goldson to the one we have with Souttar. Their way of handling Goldson may define ours with Soapy. 

(The irony of Soapy going to the soap- dodgers is not lost on me.)

29 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Yeah I'm talking while ignoring  all the rancour about his pre contract. Rangers might be quite relaxed about waiting till summer believing their defence is adequate. But you would think the capture of JS in January would be desired esp with the rewards for winners this year. The guy Balogun is 

Pish, Goldson and Tavernier prone to moments, Helander in and out. Patterson sold

Hearts have their own ambitions with financial rewards at the end so a fee acceptable to Hearts is what needs to be paid else he stays

They can get us to a cup final. :ninja:

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Hopefully that is not a reference to me ? If it is please point out where , on any thread , I have ever shown support for rangers , or Celtic .

Luckydug did appear to suggest that I am some kind of hun sympathiser . I basically ignored that as his whole post was rabid nonsense .

Think I've been too nice calling some people bammers

I can’t comment on your Hun sympathies I’m afraid, some others are well know for it, but not all those stating the common sense approach whilst ignoring the tribal side of this are Hun sympathisers, or bammers for that matter. 

15 minutes ago, john thomas said:

I got that too a couple of pages back :rofl:

Then a "let's agree to disagree" comment in return, without any other points to be made to my reply. 

Best ignored. 

Edited by tian447

37 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I get what you're saying mate and I think everyone understands him looking to earn £15k a week instead of £4k, or whatever the numbers are. 

However, he could have got £15k a week from Sheffield utd, Blackburn or Stoke. To actually choose our rivals instead is a huge kick in the nuts to the club who have supported him through his injuries over the past 5 seasons. 

I don't understand why anyone would choose that horrible club, with their horrible songs, horrible fans, over someone like Blackburn who have a good chance of playing premiership football next season, over games v Ross Co, St mirren etc. Bizarre stuff. He can feck off as far as I'm concerned. Rat 🐀 

If Im him and had a choice between playing for titles, European football with Rangers or playing Championship football I’m picking Rangers every single time. He’s not one of us, he doesn’t care about Hearts like we do. We’re just a job to him

I'm torn between wanting Hearts to finish 3rd, not wanting to lose one of our better players, and not wanting to completely **** the team dynamic, which I think has been ripped out of our hands.  Fans will not accept Souttar in the team any more, which is ****ing annoying given he's been so good this season, and has popped in a goal or two along the way. 

Rangers have been allowed to completely **** our season, how is this not bringing the game into disrepute? Sneakily signing players and announcing it during the middle of a season, in a deliberate move to unsettle the club (which has completely worked), in a completely transparent attempt to weasel a cut price move so they don't have to foot a bill of any significance. 

We can't win now. We can't play one of our better players, one we've been saying for months how much we want to keep, because of the deal that's gone on behind our backs and the upset it's going to cause.  We either play him, and the fans react negatively, impacting the team, or don't play him, impacting the team, or just let him **** off to Rangers early, impacting the team in the short term and the longer term because we won't get as much money in to replace him. 

Souttar is not innocent in all of this, but Rangers have done exactly what they set out to do.  How the **** has this situation been allowed to happen? 

Edited by tian447

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I'm torn between wanting Hearts to finish 3rd, not wanting to lose one of our better players, and not wanting to completely **** the team dynamic, which I think has been ripped out of our hands.  Fans will not accept Souttar in the team any more, which is ****ing annoying given he's been so good this season, and has popped in a goal or two along the way. 

Rangers have been allowed to completely **** our season, how is this not bringing the game into disrepute? Sneakily signing players and announcing it during the middle of a season, in a deliberate move to unsettle the club (which has completely worked), in a completely transparent attempt to weasel a cut price move so they don't have to foot a bill of any significance. 

We can't win now. We can't play one of our better players, one we've been saying for months how much we want to keep, because of the deal that's gone on behind our backs and the upset it's going to cause.  We either play him, and the fans react negatively, impacting the team, or don't play him, impacting the team, or just let him **** off to Rangers early, impacting the team in the short term and the longer term because we won't get as much money in to replace him. 

Souttar is not innocent in all of this, but Rangers have done exactly what they set out to do.  How the **** has this situation been allowed to happen? 

Agreed but it’s the law and an industry that sells employers to each other is in no position to complain about it. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Mister T said:

I doubt he'll play for Hearts again. The people running OUR club will be fully aware of the potential fall out. 

Let’s hope so, I pity the fool if he plays on Tuesday. 

HeartsandonlyHearts

I love Ann Budge and EVERY thing she’s done for us. But a couple of times she’s got it wrong when she’s made decisions that just didn’t seem to jive with the feelings of the fan base. This one they can’t get wrong. Souttar needs to first be dropped for the Saints game. Then he needs to be cup tied next weekend. Then he needs to sit for the Celtic game. After that the balls in Newco’s court. Pay us what you know he’s worth, if not he sits the rest of the season. It won’t change how Newco does future business with other Scottish teams but it’ll send a message to how we’ll be doing our business moving forward.

On 14/01/2022 at 16:59, Rudy T said:

To repay the club that put him in a position to get a life changing deal! Even a 1.5 year deal with a £2m sell clause. Now here we are in January and he’s put us in a ridiculous position in a season where finishing 3rd presents huge financial reward for the club. Not only has he failed to do that he’s signed for a club we have aspirations to challenge. I’d also love to know what this life changing money is that Rangers can offer? If he really wanted life changing money then surely England should be his destination, for a guy as injury prone as he is then a contract down there actually does set him up for life.

So. Lets say he did sign an extension of a year / year and a half. What is to stop teams just monitoring his contract situation and watching that one run down then offering him a pre contract then? In the mean time he has pissed away another year/ year and a half of prime earnings. Sorry but I am in the camp of he has lived up to his contract and can go wherever he wants. Not saying I am happy about it but that is how this plays out time and time again. 
It has been mentioned that there is no outcry when we sign players on pre contracts. Was Halkett not one of those? Swings and roundabouts as far as I am concerned. 
Until the P.C. rule changes that is how it will be. 

24 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I love Ann Budge and EVERY thing she’s done for us. But a couple of times she’s got it wrong when she’s made decisions that just didn’t seem to jive with the feelings of the fan base. This one they can’t get wrong. Souttar needs to first be dropped for the Saints game. Then he needs to be cup tied next weekend. Then he needs to sit for the Celtic game. After that the balls in Newco’s court. Pay us what you know he’s worth, if not he sits the rest of the season. It won’t change how Newco does future business with other Scottish teams but it’ll send a message to how we’ll be doing our business moving forward.

This is where I am at give him 30sec token gig in the cup game and then let him concentrate on his coffee business and training on his own till June.

56 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Yes these scumbags have done their usual dirty deeds. In the past I think it would seriously set us back. However now I think we have a bit more resilience to this sort of thing.

Souttar is a decent player and a loss to the squad. But he's replaceable. And the great thing is we have the financial power to replace him. Our benefactor and FoH contributions rolling in give us that power. We are in a really strong position. There are plenty young guys out there who we can target (like our two Aussie lads) who will be delighted to get a chance to play for us. We are building a young exciting team. There is a camaraderie about the squad and a real fighting spirit. We can do great things if the whole club get on the same page and pull together. Savage knows this and sees our potential. 

Souttar will maybe have success with the Huns but it will be relative. No one outside their bigoted circle will give a flying feck at any trophy they win. Even in reality their players. They will never know the euphoric feeling we had in 1998 (and other teams winning a once in a lifetime type trophy). 

We need to continue to grow the club. Oh how fantastic it would be to add another 10,000 FoH members. Why can't we? We just need to keep positive and not be bullied by these weegie scum. Treat them with the contempt they deserve even if initially we lose some revenue. We will grow the fanbase doing this and seriously competing with them on the pitch.

Souttar has sullied himself and tarnished his reputation. I hope a few irrelevant medals that no one else will even acknowledge as any sort of achievement will keep him happy. It will never be like our legendary team of 1998 felt.

I am generally willing to give players the benefit of the doubt—they're employees not fans, limited careers, and so on—but this one really sticks in my craw.

Pre-contracts to teams in the same league seems like a bad policy all around. That's what I can't get past. I know we've done it to other clubs too but even then it seems wrong.

Still, I think I'm in the minority in that I'd let Souttar try to repay the fans on the field. If he goes out in glory, helping us to win the cup or finish second or some such, I'll applaud him off the field from here, for what little that's worth. But even for fence-sitters like me he'll be on a thin tightrope—any sign of loafing and we'll be ready to chuck him.

I do like the idea of a like-for-like player swap for six months. Send him to Hillsborough for the rest of the season and let us borrow Dr. Funk back during that time.

16 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Ann Budge isn't the one who'll be trying to negotiate a fee with Rangers. If the fans react furiously to Soapy if he is played then it either forces us to bench him and pay him, or accept pretty much any pittance Rangers offer...Support the team and ignore Souttar would be the best reaction to this. Give the club it's best chance of getting the £500k they are apparently seeking. That is what our role is. Not to behave like angry teenagers. Tynecastle is a great stadium for supporting the team but it is a terrible one if we don't do what we are meant to do.

Simple if they don't give us 500k he can sit and rot in the reserves. Through the foundation we put in more than 100k per month anyway so we don't need to pander to them if they offer us a pittance.

Ball is in their court. Do they want someone who hasn't kicked a ball in anger for 6 months or do they just want to give us they money we want now.

2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

I do like the idea of a like-for-like player swap for six months. Send him to Hillsborough for the rest of the season and let us borrow Dr. Funk back during that time.

Souttar can't go on loan as he's signed a pre contract. Referenced in DR article with Paul Ritchie.

7 hours ago, luckydug said:

Are you his Dad ? 😏

They are not natural. 

Have to agree and they are certainly not representative of the guys in Section A of the Wheatfield.

Would have a damaging effect on the team if he stayed now, he has to go and in this window, has screwed us rotten I really hope he goes there and we knock them out the cup with a snakey/rat souttar og winner for us.

7 hours ago, iainmac said:

We don't have to sell at that price. One month's FOH pledges covers that. For future situations, we should name our price & stick to it.

Rangers then run the risk of a) not getting the use of him until next season and b) their player sitting in the stand for 6 months.

What I’m not reading about is how sevco are treating their new signing. We’ve given them our terms to let him go this month… but if they’re not prepared to meet them, what does that say about rangers and the treatment of their new player?

Are they happy for him to rot in the stands for 6 months jeopardising his national call up chances, while receiving a completely un-match fit player in 7 months? 
Alternatively, are they happy for a player with glass legs to continue playing full time for the next 6 months for a rival team?

If I was JS I would be asking ‘why are you not meeting Hearts demands to get me now?’… he can’t be happy with any of the above. Enjoy sevco JS, you’re just another number!
It all just stinks of sevco trying to, and succeeding in disrupting a rival team mid-season. Luckily, as many are saying, he’s replaceable -we’ll be fine… what I don’t understand are our fans that seem to be totally ‘fine’ with this whole scenario… and can’t seem to get their heads around why most of us are angry. 

Best thing for Hearts would be for us to bring in a replacement in the next few days.

I would assume Savage has been working on this for a while and we may see something soon, either a short term loan for the rest of this season or something more long term. 

9 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

What I’m not reading about is how sevco are treating their new signing. We’ve given them our terms to let him go this month… but if they’re not prepared to meet them, what does that say about rangers and the treatment of their new player?

Are they happy for him to rot in the stands for 6 months jeopardising his national call up chances, while receiving a completely un-match fit player in 7 months? 
Alternatively, are they happy for a player with glass legs to continue playing full time for the next 6 months for a rival team?

If I was JS I would be asking ‘why are you not meeting Hearts demands to get me now?’… he can’t be happy with any of the above. Enjoy sevco JS, you’re just another number!
It all just stinks of sevco trying to, and succeeding in disrupting a rival team mid-season. Luckily, as many are saying, he’s replaceable -we’ll be fine… what I don’t understand are our fans that seem to be totally ‘fine’ with this whole scenario… and can’t seem to get their heads around why most of us are angry. 

Feels like Souttar is super keen to move and hasn't worked with Hearts to try and find common ground for all parties. The statement from Hearts when JS signed the pre contract indicated that the club wasn't in the loop.

Therefore, Souttar has tried to get the move done fully on his terms without considering wider ramifications. I don't think deadco will pay the money for him. I also don't think Hearts should play him which puts a serious dent in his international aspirations short term.

He made his bed.

It’s quite obvious to me those who are having a go at the Hearts support and defending Souttar are diet huns. They’ll still cheer him on because he’s one of theirs.

Now just imagine these same posters reacting if he had done it with Celtic instead…

Just now, EH11 said:

Feels like Souttar is super keen to move and hasn't worked with Hearts to try and find common ground for all parties. The statement from Hearts when JS signed the pre contract indicated that the club wasn't in the loop.

Therefore, Souttar has tried to get the move done fully on his terms without considering wider ramifications. I don't think deadco will pay the money for him. I also don't think Hearts should play him which puts a serious dent in his international aspirations short term.

He made his bed.

Totally agree. 👍

4 minutes ago, EH11 said:

He made his bed.

100% this. I wouldn't even let him use the training facilties. 

1 minute ago, kila said:

It’s quite obvious to me those who are having a go at the Hearts support and defending Souttar are diet huns. They’ll still cheer him on because he’s one of theirs.

Now just imagine these same posters reacting if he had done it with Celtic instead…

Some of them might be but the majority are Hearts fans. I just don’t really see their point tbh, it seems to be that Souttar was looking after his best interests and he’s entitled to do that. We all knew that already without it being spelled out to us. 

Jambof3tornado
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We arent actually believing what Robbie says to the media are we?? Beni was not going to be out long etc etc.

I dont see any point in playing Soapy, none at all.

Jean Louis Valois
23 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

It's mental eh, was speaking about this yesterday. Alarm bells must surely be ringing in his ears already, they have basically thrown a grenade into the situation and are leaving him to get on with it. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)