Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

36 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There’s not really any need to call anybody either is there?

I think everyone knows how contracts work as well. If they didn’t on Thursday they had certainly sussed it out by Friday. Souttar has looked after his own interests and that seems to be the thrust of your argument which everybody knows already. 

For me, he’s just another hun ***** and the thought of having him around the club sickens me. Makes us look like a shitty wee club like Killie or St Mirren who are happier to kow-tow to the old firm. Get the rat out the door.  

You thiñk everyone knows how contracts work ?

Seriously have a look at a lot of posts on this thread and it is perfectly obvious an awful lot of people don't .

Unfortunately the big fish always eat the little fish . Pretty sure we have poached players from smaller clubs .

Anyway , despite being an alleged hun , I (and everyone else) didn't want JS to go there (or Celtic) but it has happened now 

How the club deals with it is now the problem . I have absolutely nothing against the player , possibly could have handled it better but none of us know what has been said between him and the club .

The pre contract system to me is deeply flawed (bit like the loan system) probably always favours the bigger club .

We now have to decide what is best for us .

Despite JS suddenly becoming a very average player (!) I think losing him weakens the team . Don't think he would not do his best but he is human and subconsciously he may well lose that edge Fortunately we have decent cover and possibly may have a replacement in mind .

Probably negotiating a decent deal (within this context) is the best outcome . 

37 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Sorry, but for me Souttar is way out in front in this. An absolutely vile disregard for the club and the support.

Agreed.

29 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Spot on. 

Snakey Elvis - cup winning captain therefore, quite rightly a legend. 

Ratty Souttar. Won nothing and ride us dry. **** him. Rat!

I’ll add that Webster also won the cup in THAT final 😁

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

Yes. Total redemption. 

Lege. 

4 minutes ago, john thomas said:

You thiñk everyone knows how contracts work ?

Seriously have a look at a lot of posts on this thread and it is perfectly obvious an awful lot of people don't .

Unfortunately the big fish always eat the little fish . Pretty sure we have poached players from smaller clubs .

Anyway , despite being an alleged hun , I (and everyone else) didn't want JS to go there (or Celtic) but it has happened now 

How the club deals with it is now the problem . I have absolutely nothing against the player , possibly could have handled it better but none of us know what has been said between him and the club .

The pre contract system to me is deeply flawed (bit like the loan system) probably always favours the bigger club .

We now have to decide what is best for us .

Despite JS suddenly becoming a very average player (!) I think losing him weakens the team . Don't think he would not do his best but he is human and subconsciously he may well lose that edge Fortunately we have decent cover and possibly may have a replacement in mind .

Probably negotiating a decent deal (within this context) is the best outcome . 

I think they know enough to see how this situation arose. 

As I said Souttar is now a hun as far as I’m concerned and gets zero respect or understanding from me. Zero seems to be the consideration he’s shown for the fans and club, which is his prerogative but he’s been around the club a long time and should know the grief and verbals were coming his way.

Much of what you say I do agree with. Take what we can and get shot of him. It’s the least worst outcome. 

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Loaning him from us for the remaining 6 months paying his existing wages as opposed to paying a fee now and paying his new contract from here on out. 

How can they loan him to us?  He’s not a Rangers player unless they pay a fee for him in January.  We have to pay his existing wages until the end of his contract anyway so I’m not sure how that benefits us even if they could do that.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Webster would still be the worst for me - unless I'm mistaken he deliberately engineered a move using the rules at the time which gave Hearts no fee at all and got him to Rangers for nothing - much worse than any of the others. Never quite forgave him for that, despite his subsequent good play for us. Ritchie was also bad though at least he was embarrassed about it later. We haven't heard directly from Souttar so I would reserve judgement until I hear what he has to say about things.

I really hope Robbie reads the room correctly regarding the Hearts fans feelings towards Souttar.

Not only will it affect the player himself if he is selected to play but it will most certainly have a negative effect on the rest of the team as well.

There is no doubt about it that Souttar's every touch will be booed. We are in a good place right now as a club and a fan base on and off the park. The last thing we need is some dick who dropped his knickers for sevco to ruin the positive atmosphere around the club at the moment.

The next 4/5 months is huge for Hearts and European qualification could really help us kick on to the next level.

FTH 

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

How can they loan him to us?  He’s not a Rangers player unless they pay a fee for him in January.  We have to pay his existing wages until the end of his contract anyway so I’m not user how that benefits us even if they could do that.

You're not grasping the concept I'm suggesting.

They pay a loan fee. Pay his existing wages. They save money on his wages and in turn use that towards a loan fee. Effectively clears souttars wage, we get a fee we feel is acceptable. 

In turn they would save money on a fee due to them paying less wages in the long term, rather than paying 500k and then 15k a week.

Ok, so 84% of us ar*eholes on kickback don’t think he should play for the club again.  How do we gauge the feelings of the other 12-13k season ticket holders? 

I get the feeling the media are implying that Hearts should just accept whatever Sevco offer as it would be best for all parties if he went to Ibrox now. Yeah, let's just bend over and let Sevco give it to us dry. 🙄

I want Souttar to go now but no way should we just let them have him for, say, £100,000.

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Ok, so 84% of us ar*eholes on kickback don’t think he should play for the club again.  How do we gauge the feelings of the other 12-13k season ticket holders? 

This is the thing. It’s just a poll on a forum that doesn’t reflect the overall support. No doubt about that. It’ll depend what happens inside the ground and not on the internet I’d guess. 

2 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

I really hope Robbie reads the room correctly regarding the Hearts fans feelings towards Souttar.

Not only will it affect the player himself if he is selected to play but it will most certainly have a negative effect on the rest of the team as well.

There is no doubt about it that Souttar's every touch will be booed. We are in a good place right now as a club and a fan base on and off the park. The last thing we need is some dick who dropped his knickers for sevco to ruin the positive atmosphere around the club at the moment.

The next 4/5 months is huge for Hearts and European qualification could really help us kick on to the next level.

FTH 

Best to just rollover then and let him go to Ranges now for free. 

Your opinion on the matter or some other dafties opinion on social  media  isn't every Hearts fans opinion on the matter, you would do well to remember that.

Some on here need to stop thinking off Hearts as a feeder club for Rankers. Surely If Soutar is the professional that he claims to be he will man enough to turn up Tuesday, play his socks off and ignore the jeers.

4 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I get the feeling the media are implying that Hearts should just accept whatever Sevco offer as it would be best for all parties if he went to Ibrox now. Yeah, let's just bend over and let Sevco give it to us dry.

The media are obsessed with the OF who can do wrong in their eyes. 

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Webster would still be the worst for me - unless I'm mistaken he deliberately engineered a move using the rules at the time which gave Hearts no fee at all and got him to Rangers for nothing - much worse than any of the others. Never quite forgave him for that, despite his subsequent good play for us. Ritchie was also bad though at least he was embarrassed about it later. We haven't heard directly from Souttar so I would reserve judgement until I hear what he has to say about things.

Ritchie probably the worst for me because he was and still is a Jambo.

18 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I am really fed up hearing about Souttar now. I just want him gone. But the Huns are very unlikely to cough up the £500,000 we want and deserve. Looks like we could be left dealing with this circus until the end of the season.

We’ve backed ourselves into a corner here by using the term ‘crazy money’ to let him go in January. Everyone will have their own impression of what ‘crazy money’ is. I think 500k is the absolute most we can expect out of this. To me that’s not ‘crazy money’ so whatever scenario you look at here we lose and we look a bit silly. No fault of our own and not even Rangers fault. Entirely Souttars fault. All he had to do here is not talk to anyone in January and see the season out. That’s the very least we were due from him

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

UPDATED

Rat-o-meter:

Stephen Pressley 🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀

John Souttar 🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀

Andy Webster 🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀

16D5AA8D-A2E8-4A65-8DDA-6CCB01DE7A9F.jpeg

Rangers have regularly over the years done this to Hearts. That club has shafted us by playing cheap/hard ball many times as they will pay money down South but skkkrew us up here - ESPECIALLY HEARTS. Just a couple of examples - Remember Andrius Velicka ? Rangers (after being told to sod off by Vlad) actually got Viking Stavanger to buy him in a cut price deal so that this club (run by an ex Rangers player henning Berg) could then sell him on to Rangers and act as a middle man for a set commission. How devious is that ? AND no one can forget the Andy Webster farce when Vlad again took a stance yet Rangers wheeled and dealed through the whole scenario (BUT THEY ENDED UP ALSO SHAFTED - KARMAS A BITCH HAHAHAHAHA) Also - Paul ritchie anyone ???? Maclaren ? need I go on ????? THATS WHY I DETEST THAT SKKKUM IN BLUE EVEN MORE THAN HIBS (well- after 19.5.12 anyway, when a certain 7-0 ghost was laid to rest )

38 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I can only assume he has a clause in his contract that allowed him to pursue his media ‘career’ while playing for us. It’s not a great look if I’m honest. 

It's awful tbh....👎

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Some on here need to stop thinking off Hearts as a feeder club for Rankers. Surely If Soutar is the professional that he claims to be he will man enough to turn up Tuesday, play his socks off and ignore the jeers.

So far has been professional about it on the park so hopefully that continues but remains to be seen.  I’d play him until it is obvious his mind is elsewhere or the fans’ negativity towards him maybe has an adverse impact on the team.  It just feels like a lose, lose situation for Hearts 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

So far has been professional about it on the park so hopefully that continues but remains to be seen.  I’d play him until it is obvious his mind is elsewhere or the fans’ negativity towards him maybe has an adverse impact on the team.  It just feels like a lose, lose situation for Hearts 

This 

6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Best to just rollover then and let him go to Ranges now for free. 

Your opinion on the matter or some other dafties opinion on social  media  isn't every Hearts fans opinion on the matter, you would do well to remember that.

pipe down with the daftie comments fella, its the majority of the Hearts fans feelings regarding Souttar, you would do well to remember that!

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Because not letting him have access to training facilities would likely be seen as a restraint of trade. Access to training facilities might even be explicitly mentioned in the contract. 

Let him train with the tea lady - two sugars please Soapy !!!!! (Nah - low cal please yah dopey sod)

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I get the feeling the media are implying that Hearts should just accept whatever Sevco offer as it would be best for all parties if he went to Ibrox now. Yeah, let's just bend over and let Sevco give it to us dry. 🙄

I want Souttar to go now but no way should we just let them have him for, say, £100,000.

25 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Wishart can go **** himself. Not the first time he’s been on the opposite side when it comes to Hearts but has been missing so many times when he should have been doing his job. Our illegal demotion comes to mind without even trying to hard. He’s a lazy scumbag. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He is contracted to us so is available for selection up and until the point he is no longer here. The next step in these scenarios is usually the player throwing his toys out the pram to provoke a reaction which oft causes more damage to team morale.  

The views of the management team will change as facts emerge and positions evolve. If RN wants to play him or bench him that's fine by me. Similarly if Savage wants to accept a fee that's fine too.

None of this stops him being a rat though, he's legged us over royally - the club should do what is best for Hearts and only Hearts.

HEARTS FOREVER
14 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Ritchie probably the worst for me because he was and still is a Jambo.

Folk forget how much of a w@nker he was and how much he shit on Heart of Midlothian. 

Edited by HEARTS FOREVER

15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We’ve backed ourselves into a corner here by using the term ‘crazy money’ to let him go in January. Everyone will have their own impression of what ‘crazy money’ is. I think 500k is the absolute most we can expect out of this. To me that’s not ‘crazy money’ so whatever scenario you look at here we lose and we look a bit silly. No fault of our own and not even Rangers fault. Entirely Souttars fault. All he had to do here is not talk to anyone in January and see the season out. That’s the very least we were due from him

£500,000 was actually the figure I quoted to my Sevco supporting mate, before it was mooted as the figure Hearts are looking for. It seems like a fair amount to me. I don't expect Sevco to offer that much though. It's not their style.

Edited by No Idle Talk

22 hours ago, OTT said:

Great at keeping the ball out the net tbf 

And he won't get caught offside. 😂 As for Souttar, I can't see him being 100% committed in case he gets injured so I'd get rid sooner rather than later.

27 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Fraser Wishart is a prick and can fling shite at himself. 

You don’t agree with him then? 😄

33 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I hope we don't have to find out on Tuesday 🙄

I think a lot of people don't understand the meaning of the word professional in the context of professional football. It means  you do it for payment, as in, it's your living. Amateurs do it for love ( from amo, the Latin verb I love), players can be professionals and amateurs at the same time of course, that's quite common.

Souttar's  first responsibility is to himself and his family, he's entitled to sign a pre-contract and we are entitled to hold him to our contract with him. Rangers are entitled to take him to Ibrox in the summer, they are not stealing him from us any more than we stole him from Dundee United, nobody complained about that at the time. 

Personally I would prefer that we get a decent fee now and he goes, with my blessing at least, I think that will happen. Folk should put themselves in his position and ask what they would do if they were head-hunted for a job at maybe twice the money they're currently getting.

35 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

This is the thing. It’s just a poll on a forum that doesn’t reflect the overall support. No doubt about that. It’ll depend what happens inside the ground and not on the internet I’d guess. 

Think so.  The viewpoint on various polls on here in the past has seldom closely represented the view of the greater Hearts support in my experience. 

1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

I have not even opened the link but guessing it might be UB40 There's a rat in the kitchen.......😀

Very close jj. There’s only rats and snakes to describe this behaviour and he’s either one or the other 🐍 

Italian Lambretta
33 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Fraser Wishart is a prick and can fling shite at himself. 

Seems to have a lot say when it's us but you never hear or see the tit when it's any other cub.

Can't be arsed reading what the prick is saying but he's not welcome in Gorgie.

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Think so.  The viewpoint on various polls on here in the past has seldom closely represented the view of the greater Hearts support in my experience. 

Nothing against anyone on here but it’s fairly obvious that it’s full of older males and a lot of jambos who live outwith travelling distance to the ground. Those are the two things that jump out at me that make it unrepresentative of the support as whole. 

2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I think a lot of people don't understand the meaning of the word professional in the context of professional football. It means  you do it for payment, as in, it's your living. Amateurs do it for love ( from amo, the Latin verb I love), players can be professionals and amateurs at the same time of course, that's quite common.

Souttar's  first responsibility is to himself and his family, he's entitled to sign a pre-contract and we are entitled to hold him to our contract with him. Rangers are entitled to take him to Ibrox in the summer, they are not stealing him from us any more than we stole him from Dundee United, nobody complained about that at the time. 

Personally I would prefer that we get a decent fee now and he goes, with my blessing at least, I think that will happen. Folk should put themselves in his position and ask what they would do if they were head-hunted for a job at maybe twice the money they're currently getting.

Yes we know all that. 

He's still a Hun 🐀 now. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Nothing against anyone on here but it’s fairly obvious that it’s full of older males and a lot of jambos who live outwith travelling distance to the ground. Those are the two things that jump out at me that make it unrepresentative of the support as whole. 

You mean it's actually about 95%want him out the team. 😅

8 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

With your blessing? Folk really don’t have to put themselves in his position. 

Edited by GinRummy

36 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Sort of where I am at the moment. Its not an ideal situation but the  team comes first. I won't be booing him, but will be supporting the team. As for booing every touch, are people actually going to boo if he scores?

Just now, luckydug said:

You mean it's actually about 95%want him out the team. 😅

Could easily be. 😀. Could easily be 60. The poll is nothing more than an opinion poll on kickback. Doesn’t mean much outwith the forum imo. 

5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

🥱 💤 💤 

9 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Seems to have a lot say when it's us but you never hear or see the tit when it's any other cub.

Can't be arsed reading what the prick is saying but he's not welcome in Gorgie.

The Prick says Hearts have reaped rewards rehabilitating Dopey.

Edited by Factuer Moi

13 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

A very professional comment.

Amateur here

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

You might well be right. 

Also another piece of irony if he gets another injury before his contract ends we will likely have to cover his rehab until he actually joins the huns. 

Another reason not to play him then. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)