Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

12 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Rangers will feel forced to stump up a decent fee, JS will be telling them he wants to move now.

Shouldn’t have signed the precontract until that had been agreed. Amateurish from his agent. 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Perhaps if you weren't so insulting folk might 'debate' with you. 

Most of the 'bammers' as you like to describe Hearts fans have just been responding to your derogatory remarks to posters. 

Simply not true .

Many of the posts on this subject are simply idiotic . People don't seem to have a Scooby as to how contracts work etc 

Some posts are disgraceful . 

I , personally , think these posts discredit the club . I , probably stupidly , like to think we are better than that .

Calling someone a bammer for this stuff is , basically , being too nice 

Which do you think is worse , being called a bammer or a hun ?

10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I can see all the negative views of him staying, the fans booing him will do as much harm as his presence on the pitch will do good, if he can keep his level up. To be honest he was poor against St Mirren and Rangers in the last two games I’ve seen him. Any mistake, he makes a few, will be seen as a lack of focus. Not sure what our best option is tbh. 

In a nutshell.  Damned if we do and damned if we don't.  Horrible situation.

If he does play, we should just accept it (he's a pro and will still give all for Hearts on the field) and support the team.  There will be life after Souttar.

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

He’s not going to give one feck over the next 6 months, on one side you say he shouldn’t play for us, another he shouldn’t also be protected from the deserved abuse from the stands.

He’s the son of Pressley - ****ing snake

At least Elvis had somewhat of a "reason". The club was in ****ing shambles, his authority as a captain was being undermined and he felt completely disrespected by the owner, so he spoke out and it cost him. He had been unfairly kicked to the curb and released by the club he'd grown to love when he signed for Celtic as a free agent.

Souttar is different. He's walking out on us for ****all in the midst of one of our best seasons in years and causing nothing but undue turmoil on his way out. 

Souttar isn't fit to breathe the same air as Pressley as far as I'm concerned. Only one of these names is welcome in Tynecastle.

On 28/12/2021 at 21:32, Newton51 said:

There were reportedly offers in the summer. If he does sign a pre contract then would rather he left now with the best fee we can do

The most annoying thing for me is when JS was unfit Hearts paid him to in defect open his new business a coffee shop.  "Maison Dieu Coffee Roasters".

48 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

This is probably really petty of me, but I don't care. I'm also raging at the fact that Gino has liked Sevco's instagram post announcing they've signed Souttar. Just why? He play's for us ffs

He's another one who could f....k off and not be missed

4 minutes ago, bawheed said:

The most annoying thing for me is when JS was unfit Hearts paid him to in defect open his new business a coffee shop.  "Maison Dieu Coffee Roasters".

God house?

joondalupjambo
14 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

We could ask Scott Wilson to play this on Tuesday night if no 4 is starting for us.

https://youtu.be/ULx9k2QkL94

I have not even opened the link but guessing it might be UB40 There's a rat in the kitchen.......😀

29 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's the effect on the team a hostile reception from the fans may cause that worries me. 

I do hope Robbie doesn't have Souttar anywhere near the Stadium on Tuesday. 

Let's just get on with our season without him, after all we've had to do without him before and managed. 

Maybe put him in stocks on the Plaza with a pile of rotten fruit nearby and £5 a throw. Could be a wee money spinner. 😉

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

We arent actually believing what Robbie says to the media are we?? Beni was not going to be out long etc etc.

I dont see any point in playing Soapy, none at all.

I think as it stands at the moment Robbie intends to ignore the noise he surely must be aware of  and play him on Tuesday.

He’ll need to be talked out of that if the situation hasn’t fixed itself by then.

1. we shouldn’t be playing a Rangers player in a vital run in to our season

2. We can do without a divisive chorus of boos every time he touches the ball, even if it’s a minority doing it, which I suspect will be far from the case.That impacts the whole team and detracts from the atmosphere we’ve worked hard to improve lately.

Edited by JimmyCant

Rat-o-meter:

Stephen Pressley 🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀

John Souttar 🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀

Souttar out-rats Pressley already and this is long before he has played a game against us.

22 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Simply not true .

Many of the posts on this subject are simply idiotic . People don't seem to have a Scooby as to how contracts work etc 

Some posts are disgraceful . 

I , personally , think these posts discredit the club . I , probably stupidly , like to think we are better than that .

Calling someone a bammer for this stuff is , basically , being too nice 

Which do you think is worse , being called a bammer or a hun ?

There’s not really any need to call anybody either is there?

I think everyone knows how contracts work as well. If they didn’t on Thursday they had certainly sussed it out by Friday. Souttar has looked after his own interests and that seems to be the thrust of your argument which everybody knows already. 

For me, he’s just another hun ***** and the thought of having him around the club sickens me. Makes us look like a shitty wee club like Killie or St Mirren who are happier to kow-tow to the old firm. Get the rat out the door.  

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

This.  Let him join Sevco having missed the Scotland Internationals and having no match fitness.  Give him no game time at any level.

This.

34 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I can see both sides as well if I’m honest but if players want to engineer a move to the old firm and are willing to undergo a few months of grief from our fans or a spell on the bench to achieve that then they’ll do it. The only way round it is longer, earlier contracts or sell them before the last 6 months. Putting JS on the bench or training with the reserves for 4 months is what we should do if rangers don’t buy him but rangers won’t care, they don’t need him just now. 

Players will talk about ambition and making a big move but as soon as one of the uglies come calling they will happily sit on the Bench in Glasgow , they will jeopardise a longer career at a decent level to go there ,especially when their agent previously played for either , the only rivalry the OF have is with the rest of Scottish football 

Jambos will get pellets (again) after Tuesday. If soapy plays, some fans will be going mental and that’s what will be reported. If posted missing papers will say it was to protect him. Was really looking forward to the game but not the crap that’s going to happen

2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Souttar out-rats Pressley already and this is long before he has played a game against us.

Pressley isn’t even on the same rat planet as Souttar when you compare the contributions both made.

Ive never thought Pressley was a rat anyway. Made a mistake. mis read the room. I was furious at the time but over it the next day

Rat-o-meter:

John Souttar 🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀

UPDATED

Rat-o-meter:

John Souttar 🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀

Andy Webster 🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Pressley isn’t even on the same rat planet as Souttar when you compare the contributions both made.

Ive never thought Pressley was a rat anyway. Made a mistake. mis read the room. I was furious at the time but over it the next day

Pretty much for me too.

2 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Jambos will get pellets (again) after Tuesday. If soapy plays, some fans will be going mental and that’s what will be reported. If posted missing papers will say it was to protect him. Was really looking forward to the game but not the crap that’s going to happen

The club best have a wee think about the impact of playing him then hadn’t they ? No sense in making a bad situation worse through your own doing. Leave him out. Happens all the time with players going through transfer negotiations. Barely worth a mention. Let the media speculate and scoff and let Rangers have a think about it. Don’t play him. Neilson isn’t this stupid surely ?

13 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Yep both rats. One signs for Rangers in the middle of a promising season leaving Hearts with nothing, the other pumps his chest and kisses the Celtic badge in front of the home support. Wouldn't like to see either back at Tynecastle in any capacity. 

Edited by Class of 75
Spelling

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Out the team and training with the under 18s.

Sod developing a player for Rangers. They can take on a player who hasn't played a game for 6 months.

out the team altogether YES  but wouldn't let him use any training facilities and deny permission to train with any other team also. Basically put on "Gardening leave"

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Levein always stood back in awe of the old firm. 

he did indeed. Apart from the odd (very odd) win , he shat his pants every time especially passing Harthill.

Its my fear of anyone who’s worked under him. Inferiority complex to these wanks. 
Have no doubt about the fact he would of advised JS on where to go. None

2 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

out the team altogether YES  but wouldn't let him use any training facilities and deny permission to train with any other team also. Basically put on "Gardening leave"

Doubt his contract will allow that.

9 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

UPDATED

Rat-o-meter:

John Souttar 🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀

Andy Webster 🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀

Sorry, but for me Souttar is way out in front in this. An absolutely vile disregard for the club and the support.

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

he did indeed. Apart from the odd (very odd) win , he shat his pants every time especially passing Harthill.

Its my fear of anyone who’s worked under him. Inferiority complex to these wanks. 
Have no doubt about the fact he would of advised JS on where to go. None

Given that article on the sun today, it wouldn’t surprise me if he had spoken to Souttar. 

The more I think about it , and IF he never informed us about signing the pre contract, then let him rot in the stand.

Would you trust him when we play the Hun ? No chance

Just now, GinRummy said:

Given that article on the sun today, it wouldn’t surprise me if he had spoken to Souttar. 

The 2 are very close. Levein has confirmed it many times on air. Especially after his scotland goal .

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

Why?

Because not letting him have access to training facilities would likely be seen as a restraint of trade. Access to training facilities might even be explicitly mentioned in the contract. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Because not letting him have access to training facilities would likely be seen as a restraint of trade. Access to training facilities might even be explicitly mentioned in the contract. 

Surely not if he's told to find his own?

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Seems more plausible than Halliday or McCulloch advising him to go. 😄

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

Surely not if he's told to find his own?

I imagine we have to provide them. It’s why players that clubs ‘fall out with’ end up training by themselves or the u18s, using the club’s facilities. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

I imagine we have to provide them. It’s why players that clubs ‘fall out with’ end up training by themselves or the u18s, using the club’s facilities. 

If fact he can be told to train on his own then.

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You might well be right. 

Also another piece of irony if he gets another injury before his contract ends we will likely have to cover his rehab until he actually joins the huns. 

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Of course he spoke to him. Levein has been his mentor every step of the way in his career

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I just blanked those suggestions out. Concentrating all my animosity towards Souttar at the moment. Those two can join the queue. 😀

Just now, luckydug said:

You might well be right. 

Also another piece of irony if he gets another injury before his contract ends we will likely have to cover his rehab until he actually joins the huns. 

both him and us still have to fulfil any contractual obligations. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I just blanked those suggestions out. Concentrating all my animosity towards Souttar at the moment. Those two can join the queue. 😀

🤣🤣

41 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

At least Elvis had somewhat of a "reason". The club was in ****ing shambles, his authority as a captain was being undermined and he felt completely disrespected by the owner, so he spoke out and it cost him. He had been unfairly kicked to the curb and released by the club he'd grown to love when he signed for Celtic as a free agent.

Souttar is different. He's walking out on us for ****all in the midst of one of our best seasons in years and causing nothing but undue turmoil on his way out. 

Souttar isn't fit to breathe the same air as Pressley as far as I'm concerned. Only one of these names is welcome in Tynecastle.

Spot on. 

Snakey Elvis - cup winning captain therefore, quite rightly a legend. 

Ratty Souttar. Won nothing and ride us dry. **** him. Rat!

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Halliday !. He’s another poisonous rat who can feck off anytime he likes. Footballers actively and vocally supporting another team ? Nut just don’t have them around. I was uncomfortable with Hartley going to Celtic games in his downtime but at least he was discreet, didn’t publicly talk them up  and actually gave 100% to our cause the whole time he was with us

2 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Spot on. 

Snakey Elvis - cup winning captain therefore, quite rightly a legend. 

Ratty Souttar. Won nothing and ride us dry. **** him. Rat!

Agree

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Halliday !. He’s another poisonous rat who can feck off anytime he likes. Footballers actively and vocally supporting another team ? Nut just don’t have them around. I was uncomfortable with Hartley going to Celtic games in his downtime but at least he was discreet, didn’t publicly talk them up  and actually gave 100% to our cause the whole time he was with us

I can only assume he has a clause in his contract that allowed him to pursue his media ‘career’ while playing for us. It’s not a great look if I’m honest. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I answered it up there, haven’t blamed the club in any way and you can’t force players to sign long term contracts as you also might want to replace them. In todays game managers and players change more often, tactics can work against certain players. Souttar in a back four in the CL 😆, can’t wait.

There’s better ways to leave a club and not be despised, many have done it and been welcomed back. 

I’d have preferred if he moved to an English Championship club but I’m not going to blame him for deciding to stay in Scotland (no idea if he has a wife or kids to consider), if it suits his circumstances as well as financially.  What I would have liked to have seen is him to do the same as Calum Paterson and negotiate a sell on fee for us.  I think that’s pretty unusual though with out of contract players but would have been a classy touch.  Maybe he has done that, we don’t know.

In theory rangers could have been wise and opted to loan him for the remainder of the season for a fee. They'd be saving around £250k-350k on wages by paying his remaining contract of circa £3k instead of £15k til the summer. A loan fee of £500k on top of this would effectively work out as them saving money on wages for 6 months.

Suppose it's the principle of it all as well prior to this that maybe makes this harder to negotiate. Definitely gonna get dragged out until the final day imo.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

In theory rangers could have been wise and opted to loan him for the remainder of the season for a fee. They'd be saving around £250k-350k on wages by paying his remaining contract of circa £3k instead of £15k til the summer. A loan fee of £500k on top of this would effectively work out as them saving money on wages for 6 months.

Suppose it's the principle of it all as well prior to this that maybe makes this harder to negotiate. Definitely gonna get dragged out until the final day imo.

How?  Rangers won’t be paying him any wages until the summer so there’s no wages for them to save. What would be the point of them paying a transfer fee now then loaning him to Hearts til the end of the season?  

I am really fed up hearing about Souttar now. I just want him gone. But the Huns are very unlikely to cough up the £500,000 we want and deserve. Looks like we could be left dealing with this circus until the end of the season.

44 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

I've decided not to go if Souttar's in the squad. 

I was looking forward to the game but it will not be an enjoyable experience and the other players will be like WTF. 

Not a good advert for the club. 

Surely Neilson can't be so insensitive to the fans feelings and must keep him away from the stadium for this game at least. 

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

How?  Rangers won’t be paying him any wages until the summer so there’s no wages for them to save. What would be the point of them paying a transfer fee now then loaning him to Hearts til the end of the season?  

Loaning him from us for the remaining 6 months paying his existing wages as opposed to paying a fee now and paying his new contract from here on out. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)