Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

Fozzyonthefence
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Once again though there’s a way of doing it and this isn’t it. 

What is the way of doing it?  You’re not going to suggest if your employer paid your full wages for 6 months while you were off sick then another employer came along and offered to to triple or quadruple your wages, without having to uproot your family, that you would turn them down out of loyalty?  Would you ****!

Folk need to get real on here. Yes, it’s hugely disappointing to get **** all yet again for an international player.  But it was unusual circumstances with Souttar, you can’t really blame the club for not risking a longer contract with Souttar, given his injury history but in this case it has bitten us on the arse.  I hate this pre contract pish in the same country - they have it right by not allowing it in England.  It benefits the uglies far more than any other clubs up here as there’s only 2 clubs up here a player like Souttar can go to.

We do need to look at getting our top players on longer term deals and looks like that is the way we’re going now if Kingsley and Halkett are anything to go by. Apparently Souttar, despite his injuries, is getting a 4 year deal, the same as Rangers offered Scott Wright when they got him on a 4 year deal.  This is the way Rangers are doing it and means they’ll get top dollar when selling but it’s a risky model, especially with unproven players like Wright.  They also look like they’re going to get shafted with Goodson so at least that is pleasing.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

The Grim Reaper
11 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

We arent actually believing what Robbie says to the media are we?? Beni was not going to be out long etc etc.

I dont see any point in playing Soapy, none at all.

Robbie barely knows what day it is. 

23 minutes ago, EH11 said:

Feels like Souttar is super keen to move and hasn't worked with Hearts to try and find common ground for all parties. The statement from Hearts when JS signed the pre contract indicated that the club wasn't in the loop.

Therefore, Souttar has tried to get the move done fully on his terms without considering wider ramifications. I don't think deadco will pay the money for him. I also don't think Hearts should play him which puts a serious dent in his international aspirations short term.

He made his bed.

Totally agree. 👍

13 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

It's mental eh, was speaking about this yesterday. Alarm bells must surely be ringing in his ears already, they have basically thrown a grenade into the situation and are leaving him to get on with it. 

Yep… this could easily blow up in JSs face, and it’s our club that suffers. 

If Souttar were to stay and is injured long term again do Rangers have to honour the pre-contract i.e. he becomes a Rangers player next season regardless. Could it be they are hoping he remains a regular for Hearts so he can prove his continuing wellbeing to them. Hopefully this is not the case and they conclude a deal this week. Whatever the outcome   we will need our fans behind the team at this exciting time with full stadiums and I intend to enjoy it, the atmosphere can be our twelfth man, Souttar must not be allowed to be the focus, he will not be for me, I will support our team regardless.

1 hour ago, Marczero said:

Cant play for us again

Either stimp up some cash or he sits in stand and ruins his world Cup hopes 

World cup isn't until November, so the rest of this season is unlikely to matter. Assuming we qualify of course. 

14 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

he is going to get absolutely massive abuse.  He could have been the difference.  Not now

This is usually why in some instances that these deals are kept private until the end of the season. It's disappointing that JS has allowed it to become public. 

If he remains our player and I think that may happen as Rangers wont want to pay what we want, then JS will need to get used to playing while getting constantly boo'd.

Will be interesting what the fans reaction will be if he scores a late winner. 

2 hours ago, RussAsia said:

Simple if they don't give us 500k he can sit and rot in the reserves. Through the foundation we put in more than 100k per month anyway so we don't need to pander to them if they offer us a pittance.

Ball is in their court. Do they want someone who hasn't kicked a ball in anger for 6 months or do they just want to give us they money we want now.

I think I read somewhere that we're looking for a minimum of 500k plus future incentives like sell on etc. Which we're quite right to do. He's our player for the next 6months and if they want him then they gotta meet our demand. 

Out the team and training with the under 18s.

Sod developing a player for Rangers. They can take on a player who hasn't played a game for 6 months.

16 minutes ago, Mirror said:

This is usually why in some instances that these deals are kept private until the end of the season. It's disappointing that JS has allowed it to become public. 

If he remains our player and I think that may happen as Rangers wont want to pay what we want, then JS will need to get used to playing while getting constantly boo'd.

Will be interesting what the fans reaction will be if he scores a late winner. 

I hope it’s met with silence. **** him.

The best way of achieving Rangers aims for them is to remove your support for a current Hearts player once he enters the pitch. Your rage increases the likelihood of a positive outcome for them.

5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Out the team and training with the under 18s.

Sod developing a player for Rangers. They can take on a player who hasn't played a game for 6 months.

This.  Let him join Sevco having missed the Scotland Internationals and having no match fitness.  Give him no game time at any level.

37 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What is the way of doing it?  You’re not going to suggest if your employer paid your full wages for 6 months while you were off sick then another employer came along and offered to to triple or quadruple your wages, without having to uproot your family, that you would turn them down out of loyalty?  Would you ****!

Folk need to get real on here. Yes, it’s hugely disappointing to get **** all yet again for an international player.  But it was unusual circumstances with Souttar, you can’t really blame the club for not risking a longer contract with Souttar, given his injury history but in this case it has bitten us on the arse.  I hate this pre contract pish in the same country - they have it right by not allowing it in England.  It benefits the uglies far more than any other clubs up here as there’s only 2 clubs up here a player like Souttar can go to.

We do need to look at getting our top players on longer term deals and looks like that is the way we’re going now if Kingsley and Halkett are anything to go by. Apparently Souttar, despite his injuries, is getting a 4 year deal, the same as Rangers offered Scott Wright when they got him on a 4 year deal.  This is the way Rangers are doing it and means they’ll get top dollar when selling but it’s a risky model, especially with unproven players like Wright.  They also look like they’re going to get shafted with Goodson so at least that is pleasing.

Dont agree with folk sticking up for Souttar after all he is now a Hun and as such is now in the enemy camp. 

The last few months of his contract have been lost to us. 

Perhaps all the non OF clubs should present a case to the SPFL to stop players agreeing terms with other (usually larger) clubs in the same league until the season ends. 

It's ludicrous that it's allowed a player could be playing against his new employer in vital end of season games. 

43 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He could have said ‘.. I won’t be extending my Hearts contract, but I’ll give them everything for the next 6 months and review my options then.’

I think we would all, at least, have respected that. 

Instead he’s made the mistake of thinking he’s worth more to them than he actually is. 
And now we have THIS situation that’s benefits nobody except sevco. They have an international player, for free and disrupted the 3rd place team into the bargain. It’s the OF way. 

FTOF

Whatsthefuture

JS has decided his future, Hearts need to factor the wider impact his choices have on the remainder of the season. If accurate and JS did not have the courtesy, for him or his agent, to inform Hearts. He has placed a barrier or planned to use it in the hope Hearts look to part ways sooner. John is a smart guy and understands the passion the fans have and the wider ownership the fans share.

Business and financial considerations vs the disruption leave 3 options in my mind.

1. Set the severance that has minimum returns meeting our expectations.

2. Play John, and i do believe he will try to be professional ( however he will have demons, knowing his next run, tackle could impact his new contract and its commencement.

3. John is sidelined impacting his fitness, and Scotland aspersions. John has made his decision for the well-being of his future financially

Hearts now have to be clear in how we  manage our own and manage expectations moving forward ( i will comment John was a risk injury wise and still is for a significant investment. we see constant debate on poor contracts, and player agreements that spit the fans) so waiting was the correct decision in my opinion. For me Rangers meet our expectations or John sits the remainder of the season away from the core team activities and waits for his new employer’s. 

number witheld
14 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

If you don’t understand that then you’re not much of a Jambo.

Sorry mate. I didn’t realise you have to be blinkered to be a fully fledged supporter of the club. We did what we needed to do under his contract. I don’t remember us offering him a new contract while he was injured. Less of the insults please. 

John Souttar & his agent have engineered this situation. Rangers want him for pennies or free. 
Acoording to this poll, the vast majority dont want to see him in a Hearts shirt again. I agree. Get him training with the kids and nowhere near Tynecastle on match days. Not anywhere near our first team. Hes not a Jambo anymore. We offer him training facilities and nothing more. 

9 hours ago, john thomas said:

And I get criticised for calling some 'fan's hammers !

I could answer all your points but you seem incapable of answering any points anyone makes

Perhaps if you weren't so insulting folk might 'debate' with you. 

Most of the 'bammers' as you like to describe Hearts fans have just been responding to your derogatory remarks to posters. 

He’s not going to give one feck over the next 6 months, on one side you say he shouldn’t play for us, another he shouldn’t also be protected from the deserved abuse from the stands.

He’s the son of Pressley - ****ing snake

Edited by Armageddon

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Wise words here. 

He could have signed a pre contract with someone and continued to play for us. But because Rangers are in the same league and a rival, then a definite no from me.

9 hours ago, tian447 said:

I got that too a couple of pages back :rofl:

Then a "let's agree to disagree" comment in return, without any other points to be made to my reply. 

Best ignored. 

What did you want me to do. Go back and forth with multiple posts when we clearly are not going to agree. 

Feelings are running high about this and it's not worth getting a ban by letting disagreements get out of hand. 

That poster you replied to has been slagging off other posters, that's why I replied to him in the way I did. 

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

What I’m not reading about is how sevco are treating their new signing. We’ve given them our terms to let him go this month… but if they’re not prepared to meet them, what does that say about rangers and the treatment of their new player?

Are they happy for him to rot in the stands for 6 months jeopardising his national call up chances, while receiving a completely un-match fit player in 7 months? 
Alternatively, are they happy for a player with glass legs to continue playing full time for the next 6 months for a rival team?

If I was JS I would be asking ‘why are you not meeting Hearts demands to get me now?’… he can’t be happy with any of the above. Enjoy sevco JS, you’re just another number!
It all just stinks of sevco trying to, and succeeding in disrupting a rival team mid-season. Luckily, as many are saying, he’s replaceable -we’ll be fine… what I don’t understand are our fans that seem to be totally ‘fine’ with this whole scenario… and can’t seem to get their heads around why most of us are angry. 

Suspect they don't give a shiny shit, he may not even make the starting line up depending on how Goldson plays out. It's about giving them the option to cash in on Goldson, weakening us and picking up an asset on the cheap. By signing the pre contract soapy has handed the whip hand to Rangers which legs us over hugely, it'll also leave him exposed to bad outcomes should we not acquiesce to whatever few crumbs they offer.

Easy to accept that he wants to move on to secure his financial future but to go there and in this manner really sticks in the craw, it really is a bit of a **** you move imo. Management should decide and do what is best for Hearts without caring one jot for what JS/Rangers now want.

On 14/01/2022 at 16:09, Thomaso said:

Spot on!

Personally I would play him for 30 minutes on Tuesday. Let him know exactly how the fans feel - get him subbed to an earful of abuse, and then put him in the stand for the next 6 months.

If what has been muted that he didn’t actually inform hearts and they only found out about the pre contract through the Rangers statement, then the boy is a disgrace and has made his bed. I just hope the fans get a chance to show him exactly how we feel about his sneakiness.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I answered it up there, haven’t blamed the club in any way and you can’t force players to sign long term contracts as you also might want to replace them. In todays game managers and players change more often, tactics can work against certain players. Souttar in a back four in the CL 😆, can’t wait.

There’s better ways to leave a club and not be despised, many have done it and been welcomed back. 

Imagine if the match Sponsors vote him man if the match and he then has to come into the Gorgie to collect it 😂

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

What I’m not reading about is how sevco are treating their new signing. We’ve given them our terms to let him go this month… but if they’re not prepared to meet them, what does that say about rangers and the treatment of their new player?

Are they happy for him to rot in the stands for 6 months jeopardising his national call up chances, while receiving a completely un-match fit player in 7 months? 
Alternatively, are they happy for a player with glass legs to continue playing full time for the next 6 months for a rival team?

If I was JS I would be asking ‘why are you not meeting Hearts demands to get me now?’… he can’t be happy with any of the above. Enjoy sevco JS, you’re just another number!
It all just stinks of sevco trying to, and succeeding in disrupting a rival team mid-season. Luckily, as many are saying, he’s replaceable -we’ll be fine… what I don’t understand are our fans that seem to be totally ‘fine’ with this whole scenario… and can’t seem to get their heads around why most of us are angry. 

Which is why in my opinion we should flat out refuse to allow him to go. This entire affair has lacked class from JS and the huns. Lets see how they get on when he's not kicked a ball in 7 months. Hopefully they get to experience their very own Vanecek. 

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Which is why in my opinion we should flat out refuse to allow him to go. This entire affair has lacked class from JS and the huns. Lets see how they get on when he's not kicked a ball in 7 months. Hopefully they get to experience their very own Vanecek. 

Sounds like a plan but if I’m honest I’d rather things were brought to a head and he just ****ed off in the next few days. The issue is that what is now good for Rangers and the rat is also best for us. The damage is already done.

Souter has looked after No1 but forgets football is a highly emotional job and loyalty through the good and bad goes a long way. We took Souter from Utd when he was a bit of a gamble. He’s spent as much time on the table as on the park and we have looked after him throughout such times. My feelings are that genuinely if it was me and I had other options I wouldn’t go to a competitor of Hearts out of respect. He’s had good offers down south and chose to go to a vile vile club. 

Honestly don’t want him playing for Hearts again and I concur with many of my fellow fans that he is indeed nothing but a snake rat. 

good riddance

Jean Louis Valois

This is probably really petty of me, but I don't care. I'm also raging at the fact that Gino has liked Sevco's instagram post announcing they've signed Souttar. Just why? He play's for us ffs

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Sounds like a plan but if I’m honest I’d rather things were brought to a head and he just ****ed off in the next few days. The issue is that what is now good for Rangers and the rat is also best for us. The damage is already done.

Its not about that for me, its about making it clear to rangers and future players that if you go about your business in a classless fashion then you'll be treated accordingly. 

I think on some level, the fans need to see a bit of backbone here. 

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t believe a word he says, he’s a serial liar like his old boss.

Who is currently backing JS decision to the hilt in the Sun,and saying that the most diehard  fans will understand his decision (well in touch there😂) It is also apparently the steal of the century.

He is also glad he has gone to Rangers. 

PHM right enough

8 minutes ago, OTT said:

I wouldn’t disagree with this. He should definitely NOT pull on a Hearts again, that’s for sure.  We have an able replacement in TM.

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Its not about that for me, its about making it clear to rangers and future players that if you go about your business in a classless fashion then you'll be treated accordingly. 

I think on some level, the fans need to see a bit of backbone here. 

I do get your point of view and it sounds good in theory but Rangers don’t need Souttar now they need him next season. Hoping he arrives unfit and overweight is just wishful thinking. Regardless of how we handle this both old firm clubs will come in for players who run down their contracts and there is nothing we can do about it other than tie our best players up on long deals earlier, which we couldn’t really do with John Souttar because he was injured. 

6 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Who is currently backing JS decision to the hilt in the Sun,and saying that the most diehard  fans will understand his decision (well in touch there😂) It is also apparently the steal of the century.

He is also glad he has gone to Rangers. 

PHM right enough

Levein always stood back in awe of the old firm. 

21 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Rat-o-meter:

Stephen Pressley 🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀

John Souttar 🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀

😆… I like a good ****-o-meter!

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I do get your point of view and it sounds good in theory but Rangers don’t need Souttar now they need him next season. Hoping he arrives unfit and overweight is just wishful thinking. Regardless of how we handle this both old firm clubs will come in for players who run down their contracts and there is nothing we can do about it other than tie our best players up on long deals earlier, which we couldn’t really do with John Souttar because he was injured. 

I can see both sides… if he is to go (and yes, it would be best for all) I hope Hearts stick to their guns a get exactly what we’re demanding. If not… he can get in with the youths for 6 months. We really do need to start standing up to the OF. We’re in (or very close to) the position to be able to do it. 

5 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I can see both sides… if he is to go (and yes, it would be best for all) I hope Hearts stick to their guns a get exactly what we’re demanding. If not… he can get in with the youths for 6 months. We really do need to start standing up to the OF. We’re in (or very close to) the position to be able to do it. 

I can see both sides as well if I’m honest but if players want to engineer a move to the old firm and are willing to undergo a few months of grief from our fans or a spell on the bench to achieve that then they’ll do it. The only way round it is longer, earlier contracts or sell them before the last 6 months. Putting JS on the bench or training with the reserves for 4 months is what we should do if rangers don’t buy him but rangers won’t care, they don’t need him just now. 

avhudtheteeshirt

I voted yes!

If he is being paid by the club he should play for the club.

Remember we were in a similar position with Patterson and he got injured and we lost out on a payday.

If Souttar plays and gets injured its not really our problem is it?

This may force Rangers hand in playing him!!!

It's the effect on the team a hostile reception from the fans may cause that worries me. 

I do hope Robbie doesn't have Souttar anywhere near the Stadium on Tuesday. 

Let's just get on with our season without him, after all we've had to do without him before and managed. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I can see both sides as well if I’m honest but if players want to engineer a move to the old firm and are willing to undergo a few months of grief from our fans or a spell on the bench to achieve that then they’ll do it. The only way round it is longer, earlier contracts or sell them before the last 6 months. Putting JS on the bench or training with the reserves for 4 months is what we should do if rangers don’t buy him but rangers won’t care, they don’t need him just now. 

Rangers will feel forced to stump up a decent fee, JS will be telling them he wants to move now.

Just now, ford donald said:

Rangers will feel forced to stump up a decent fee, JS will be telling them he wants to move now.

Hope so. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yep, agree. I think he’s misjudged sevcos part in this. Obviously I have no idea what’s been said behind closed doors, but I would wager that JS has had some petty awful advisors on this one. 

3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yep, agree. I think he’s misjudged sevcos part in this. Obviously I have no idea what’s been said behind closed doors, but I would wager that JS has had some petty awful advisors on this one. 

Wouldn't be the first time, remember the Walker shitshow?

Remember distinctly comments about Rangers not fulfilling their end of the bargain which scuppered the move. 

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

The best way of achieving Rangers aims for them is to remove your support for a current Hearts player once he enters the pitch. Your rage increases the likelihood of a positive outcome for them.

They already have a positive outcome. They have a current Scottish international for whatever they want to pay, for nothing at all if they wait 5 months.

Im only concerned with us looking after ourselves. For me that means not playing a Rangers player in our defence for the remainder of the season because that is what he has decided he is.

Quite simple. Quite sensible. Just tell him he isn’t playing but is staying unless we get paid. That’s more likely to force Rangers to pay up what would still be a paltry amount and if it doesn’t, feck him, we can get along without him and we’ll not have to boo players wearing maroon jerseys.

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)