Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

Just now, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I meant if we don’t cup tie him and then he goes to Newco this window for a pittance. I will be ripping. 

Gotya  

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

42 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Apologies if already posted but saw Joel Sked tweeted this.

Souttar was actually the third best performer out of our 3 centre halves.

Not saying he won't be missed but it's maybe not the blow we might have anticipated at the start of the season.

Is Souttar a good player yes, do we have a good team yes. 

Can every player in our team be replaced yes, some find it hard to grasp. 

The player we needed to sign a new contract was Gordon. 

45 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Best for all concerned if the clubs can come to agreement and let him go this month! Very disappointed but if he plays for us again i certainly wouldn't boo him.

Sensible.  I can rage at our players and manager when things are not going well, but I will never boo a Hearts player regardless of provocation.  And if he plays (and I hope he doesn't) he is still a Hearts player. 

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Faddy thinks the Huns will have an injury clause in pre contract. 😈 🤕😁

If that's  the case he wouldn't be going in for 50/50's...garden leave for me

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Is Souttar a good player yes, do we have a good team yes. 

Can every player in our team be replaced yes, some find it hard to grasp. 

The player we needed to sign a new contract was Gordon. 

Its insane Joe and Robbie were able to keep Kingsley, my hope is that him and Halkett have been the real linchpins of our defence.

Despite losing the rat, a you've got to appreciate how successful we've been in keeping our core group together otherwise. 

6 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Exactly. There are too many "unknowns" to make a balanced judgement at this time.

Surely no-one on here would make a decision without the full facts........

The facts are Souttar now has his heart and head with The Rangers. 

That's all the facts I need. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Exactly. There are too many "unknowns" to make a balanced judgement at this time.

Surely no-one on here would make a decision without the full facts........

Seeing into the future isn't facts. 

He's not committed to Hearts, he's literally just committed himself to Rangers. 

He's not been our best defender this season. 

Don't know about 3rd. 

So for me, the facts say bin the hun *******. 

If he goes to the Tribute Act this month then surely the club should insist on full payment up front. We got shafted for the balance of the Lee Wallace fee when the late Rangers FC now deceased went to the wall. Sevco are living a hand to mouth existence with loans and share issues so we don’t want shafted this time. 

Just now, OTT said:

Its insane Joe and Robbie were able to keep Kingsley, my hope is that him and Halkett have been the real linchpins of our defence.

Despite losing the rat, a you've got to appreciate how successful we've been in keeping our core group together otherwise. 

Spot on we move forward 👍

it's no use crying over spilled milk,” 

1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

Cup tie him first though 

If we want to get a decent amount of money for him from The Rangers in this transfer window, it's better that he's not cup tied. They won't make any kind of offer for him if he's not able to play in cup competitions. 

Byyy The Light
Just now, Firefox said:

If we want to get a decent amount of money for him from The Rangers in this transfer window, it's better that he's not cup tied. They won't make any kind of offer for him if he's not able to play in cup competitions. 

Im petty. Don’t really care about a piddly couple of hundred grand. 

I still think the huns arrogance is being overlooked - almost as if they couldn’t wait to rub hearts face in it publicly. Doesn’t take much to work out why everybody hates the huns

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I’ve done a poll a couple of times. What would the options be?

Should he stay or should he go now, a wee song in there.

lost in space
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Seeing into the future isn't facts. 

He's not committed to Hearts, he's literally just committed himself to Rangers. 

He's not been our best defender this season. 

Don't know about 3rd. 

So for me, the facts say bin the hun *******. 

Fair enough. That will be majority view and was my knee jerk reaction. However, if we don't sign another CB, and huns don't make an acceptable offer, and Souttar shows an on-field commitment - we may need him when we get a couple of injuries, especially if the sheep or hobos get closer to us.

We shouldn't cut of our nose etc.

Howdy Doody Jambo

If Souttar does play again for us which I very much doubt, he will have to be 100% committed otherwise he runs risk of being injured he must know you can't play half hearted into challenges as that is how players get hurt 

If we don't play him he will lose his Scotland place and he will have barely have played any football in 9 months once he joins Rangers which isn't any good for any player 

I would expect an offer to conclude the transfer on Monday 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Fair enough. That will be majority view and was my knee jerk reaction. However, if we don't sign another CB, and huns don't make an acceptable offer, and Souttar shows an on-field commitment - we may need him when we get a couple of injuries, especially if the sheep or hobos get closer to us.

We shouldn't cut of our nose etc.

Agree last sentence and it's why I'd take almost any fee for him to free up his wage. 

He shouldn't and imo won't play for us again now. 

He's a dead weight. 

Defensively wise I'm not too bothered Tbh. 

I think we'll be stronger with our new rwb and with Moore / Smith in at ch. 

9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

:berra:

Souttar leaves, you turn into into a Snidey dig at Bob. 

You are some cookie. 

No way is it a dig at Bob, if you see i included jig and Naismith too. 

Just pointing out our club has quite a few huns. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Ainsley Harriott
2 hours ago, lost in space said:

It depends.

Are we signing an other CB?

Is Souttar going to continue to be committed to us?

Will we have a better chance of retaining third?

I think your second question asnwers itself 

Dopey Souttar should never train never play for Hearts again

It is very simple to answer why

Andy Halliday gets dogs abuse for being a Rangers Fan while playing for Hearts. Dopey though takes it further by actually signing for the competition..

Get him out of the club 

lost in space
Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

I think your second question asnwers itself 

He has committed himself to the huns. He may be able to continue to show commitment to us on the park though. He will need to play well if he wants a Scotland place - so if his standards drop he will lose out.

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Dayman said:

Should our best defender play? Of course. 

Kingsley and Halkett already do. Souttar isn’t our best defender 

Souttar plays unless someone is better.

Our target is Europe and hopefully a cup.

He can help us do that.

Next season he plays for another club.

Until then unless his form dips he plays.

Check out my picture Paul Hartley's Tits

A player i admire adore respect , a former Hibsedit.

A true Jambo legend

Signed for the scum

Yeah it is a tricky life being a Jambo.

5 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Dopey Souttar should never train never play for Hearts again

It is very simple to answer why

Andy Halliday gets dogs abuse for being a Rangers Fan while playing for Hearts. Dopey though takes it further by actually signing for the competition..

Get him out of the club 

Souttar is a professional football player .

That for your information is how he pays his Bill's.

Your post is shit

5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Kingsley and Halkett already do. Souttar isn’t our best defender 

Who do we have that's better that will take his place.

HeartsandonlyHearts
22 minutes ago, Firefox said:

So we don’t cup tie him? He turns out to be decent for them and starts every game? We get them in a later round of the cup at their strongest?

No thanks. Needs to be cup tied as soon as is possible. 

1 minute ago, Ked said:

Souttar is a professional football player .

That for your information is how he pays his Bill's.

Your post is shit

Nothing to do with Me or You

Dopey compromised himself

Quicker he goes the better, he's shown no respect to Hearts or the fans, looks like all he cares about is the money.

If he was moving south that would be different but to another team in our league, bang out of order.

BTW where's his coffee shop. ?

Raymond Reddington

No point on continuing to develop a player who is now a rival's player. Taylor Moore should be given the chance at RCB if its not working out then Smith should be played there only if we have an injury crisis should he come back into the fold. I'd make John and Sevco aware of this as i doubt 6 months without a game will do him any good. Therefore its in all parties interest to pay what Hearts want for the player.

Exile fae Main Street

Player is an injury time bomb, anything we get from The Huns would be a bonus. But he himself knows that he's injury prone so wouldn't now be willing to risk an injury before he actually signs for them. It's simply untenable, he must not play.

TBH I'd offer him a mutual termination just to get his wages off the books.

:getout:

Or send him on loan to a diddy English club in the 5th tier for next 6 months.

Edited by Cade

The Treasurer
29 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No way is it a dig at Bob, if you see i included jig and Naismith too. 

Just pointing out our club has quite a few huns. 

I'm sure we have players that support a number of teams, as long as they are 100% committed when playing (or managing) Hearts then it's not a problem. 

Can't ever recall Robbie bigging up sevco 

38 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

I still think the huns arrogance is being overlooked - almost as if they couldn’t wait to rub hearts face in it publicly. Doesn’t take much to work out why everybody hates the huns

Have been thinking the same. The amount of gloating going on is really a bit sad. They wanted to put us in our place at least as much as they wanted the player.

Ainsley Harriott

Moore joined on loan because he wanted to play for hearts. The Rat wants to play for sevco. That should make team selection straight forward

Yes for now. Even as sub with Moore starting 

Re-evaluate after transfer window

If we get a new CB, make him train with U18s and hopefully miss out on Scotland squad

If we don’t, keep him on bench just in case Halkett and Moore get injured or covid or whatever 

Do not want to go into crucial games near end of the season with full backs or Haring having to play CB. Or what if Gordon/Boyce got injured as well and we are a complete mess.

It’s not ideal but without a replacement i’d be hesitant to completely get rid

Although my mind changes quite a bit, it’s difficult  

Let him rot

He will lose his place in the Scotland squad which is just deserves

Its plain and clear he signed this contract and didn't even have the courtesy to give the club the heads up about it after everything we have done for him and his career

I totally understand that for financial if no other reasons he, like us all, has to make the right decision for him and his family.

What he cannot expect though, having made the decision he has, that the fans will meekly accept his decision and make his life easy and say “woe is me”. He must surely have thought about that before making his final decision, so he needs to fully accept what will come his way if he plays in a Hearts strip again. I personally will never boo a player in a Hearts strip during a match, but also totally accept others will take a different view and approach. I can also accept they have every right to do so if they wish. I feel their pain believe you me, but I also have the right to behave the way I will too.  

As an aside I am not sure it is a great policy by us to allow players, particularly ones with real value, to get to 6 months before their contracts run out. I hope that is something the Board and Savage address going forward. 

48 minutes ago, Mad Dog Logan said:

"Very average over priced coffee which is not as good as it thinks it’s is.

Will promise to be good and show lots of potential however shows lack of ambition to be very good.

Tye coffee machines will probably break down during your next visit which has happened a few times recently but they will still want paid for half of a service."

👏🤣

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)