Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

46 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

I still think the huns arrogance is being overlooked - almost as if they couldn’t wait to rub hearts face in it publicly. Doesn’t take much to work out why everybody hates the huns

I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain we waited to announce Halketts precontract? Something about waiting until Livi's top flight status was secure or there abouts?

The way this has been done has been really bad and a total slap in the face IMO. Its contemptable. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Is Souttar a good player yes, do we have a good team yes. 

Can every player in our team be replaced yes, some find it hard to grasp. 

The player we needed to sign a new contract was Gordon. 

Agree on Gordon. Also think next most important position for us this window was wing back, so hopefully Atkinson turns out to be a good signing.

Absolute Scenes
30 minutes ago, Ked said:

Who do we have that's better that will take his place.

Craig Halkett and Taylor moore, Michael Smith. All very able replacements

Absolute Scenes
32 minutes ago, Ked said:

Souttar is a professional football player .

That for your information is how he pays his Bill's.

Your post is shit

That you John?

44 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No way is it a dig at Bob, if you see i included jig and Naismith too. 

Just pointing out our club has quite a few huns. 

Mentioned this earlier in thread but pretty sure Robbie was St Mirren not Rangers, not that it's a big deal.

Maybe in future, we shoud put non-disclosure agreements in players contracts so if they do sign a pre-contract with another club, it cannot be announced until after the last game of the season. 

The Huns knew exactly what they were doing announcing this, and they know that they're likely to get him for a cut price deal now that the damage is done and the fans have turned, rather than what it would have cost them had they just tried to buy him outright. 

I hate those *******s. 

We either get the fee we want or he plays no part anywhere this season. 

Firstly it will underpin our desired stance on weak fees from the ugly sisters. 

Secondly if he’s in the line up he’s gonna be dreaming of Ibrox… he will be wearing Maroon when he clearly preferred an immediate move…. He will be cautious about injuries ahead of his move… and he’ll be getting grief left right and centre…. All while taking a shirt off of someone else.

personal opinion but madness to play him. 

Edited by Mollo

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

What seals it for me is the amount of players in the past who just couldn’t be arsed playing for us or were obviously not committed. Now he’s made his choice, he can **** off tbh. 

I think he’ll be away by Tuesday anyway but always a chance he won’t be. 

👍

2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

What happens if we’re due to play Rangers in the last 5 fixtures, if they need the win for their chances of winning the league and we need it for a 3rd top finish. Do we trust him not to divulge planned tactics or team selection to Rangers? He’ll want to play in the Champions League. Anyone naive enough to think that Rangers wouldn’t be asking him?

Do Hearts keep him involved in first team training that week?

homer-and-apu-season-5-episode-13-simpso

Souttar in the changing room that week... :whistling:

14 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Mentioned this earlier in thread but pretty sure Robbie was St Mirren not Rangers, not that it's a big deal.

I'm pretty sure he was rangers but from Paisley.

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

The fans will react badly. Doesn’t really matter what’s said on here, it matters what happens in the ground. Dismissing anyone who raises their voice  as an angry teenager is just shitting on anyone’s opinion except yours. Fan anger over lots of things has happened for as long as I can remember at a host of clubs. This won’t be any different.

Well seriously, what else are they? The guy have us 6 years even if only 3 of them were uninjured. So he's decided that his next club should be Rangers. So what? We got him on a free too... Yes he was worth money if under contract and I previously said I hoped he would sign a deal then leave but he chose not to. One day he may explain why but at the moment we don't know why he chose to move on other than that he is probably quadrupling his wages, and with an injury history like his that is probably a very wide decision.

Exile fae Main Street

Think people are being naive if they think JS will have the same commitment, I get that he's professional and all that but his loyalties lie along the M8, it's blatantly obvious,

TM played twice in his position when he was injured=2 clean sheets. JS wasn't blameless when he played, bad habit of switching off, Aberdeen's equaliser at Tynie earlier this season spring to mind, and of more recently the Huns 2nd goal against us. Of course our other defenders make mistakes too, but nobody is indispensable. 

So he doesn't play.Either he goes this month or serves coffee for 4 months and that'll be as close as he gets to cups for a while.

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, Ked said:

Souttar is a professional football player .

That for your information is how he pays his Bill's.

Your post is shit

Souttar is now a hun *******. 

part_time_jambo
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I doubt the club, rangers or Souttar will pay the slightest bit of attention. When did Ann Budge pander to the fans?

When she employed Stendel.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

If we can get £500k and it helps bring in a striker and another CB then get him to ****.

No way they’re giving us that amount I’m afraid, £200k max. 

8 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Well seriously, what else are they? The guy have us 6 years even if only 3 of them were uninjured. So he's decided that his next club should be Rangers. So what? We got him on a free too... Yes he was worth money if under contract and I previously said I hoped he would sign a deal then leave but he chose not to. One day he may explain why but at the moment we don't know why he chose to move on other than that he is probably quadrupling his wages, and with an injury history like his that is probably a very wide decision.

I’d be willing to bet nearly every group of supporters would be grumbling if they lost a player to a rival in the same way we have lost Souttar to rangers. If that makes me and them an ‘angry teenager’ in your eyes I’m not too bothered.

I fully understand that Souttar has looked after his own interests and only his own interest. Fans, rightly couldn’t care less that he’s done the right thing for himself. He’s now committed his future to a bitter rival at a key part of the season. Never going to be popular was it? 

edit. I think we paid a small fee for him but that’s not important. 

Edited by GinRummy

20 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Maybe in future, we shoud put non-disclosure agreements in players contracts so if they do sign a pre-contract with another club, it cannot be announced until after the last game of the season. 

The Huns knew exactly what they were doing announcing this, and they know that they're likely to get him for a cut price deal now that the damage is done and the fans have turned, rather than what it would have cost them had they just tried to buy him outright. 

I hate those *******s. 

I really think the club needs to stick to a point of principle here and make the odious wee rat see out his deal.

Otherwise, the huns will just keep doing it. 

Offer him a mutual termination or find someone willing to take him on loan for 6 months.

Just get his wages off the books.

Paid him two years wages for laying on the physio's couch, he's not due another penny.

If that's  the case he wouldn't be going in for 50/50's...garden leave for me

The garden’s too good for that ungrateful rat - toilet cleaning duty for him!

4 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

Goodbye Judas, thank you as a club/part owner for sticking by us through your your treble injury crisis.

FTFY👍

How can anyone defend a CURRENT player signing a pre contract agreement with one of of main rivals, not sure if that is against the clubs policy's or wishes.

To defend such betrayal midway through the season, knowing the clubs ambitions. How does it help Us or is it in anyway acceptable for Us to consider allowing the said player to mingle train or even play for Hearts again ?

29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No way they’re giving us that amount I’m afraid, £200k max. 

Aye you are probably right.He is clearly a Goldson replacement for next season and not really needed for now.

3 hours ago, Gillsland jack said:

Sorry folk's, not buying all this Judas/rat stuff, its really difficult to make it as a professional in the modern game, its a short career if you manage to make it at a pro club in the first place, the reality is that so many players will get lost to the pro game by the age of 21-23, on the scrap heap, dreams shattered but worst of all, treated like absolute shite by the clubs they have probably been with since the age of 12 or 14 or younger, so nope, don't give me all this loyalty tosh, if a player has a chance to control his own destiny, then he should look after himself and his family without a backward glance.

That works both ways though. Players can leave for Celtic as Hartley did, yet still maintain a bond. Souttar's departure is a complete rejection of Hearts and the support will naturally reciprocate that and reject him.

Repeating myself but it's such a shite rule. Disruption of a club and player when they still have 6 months left and a lot of football still to play.

30 minutes ago, Cade said:

Offer him a mutual termination or find someone willing to take him on loan for 6 months.

Just get his wages off the books.

Paid him two years wages for laying on the physio's couch, he's not due another penny.

You can’t force a player to go on loan somewhere. 

I've voted No.

But that doesn't mean I think we should get rid of him this month, for any less than they believe he is worth.

Very much a case of cutting the nose off to spite the face here. But we have to be principled in the face of the OF trying to mug us off and show that we will not be pressed into giving them our best players on the cheap.

Equally we need to take a stand to let players know that signing a pre-contract with a Glasgow club (especially under the circumstances Souttar has) isn't going to be viewed favourably by Hearts.

Is dropping him while paying his wages the best move ove the next 6 months? Probably not the wisest use of finances but I would be stubborn here.

Rangers are not getting anyone on the cheap from us and Souttar is not going to disrupt the first team by playing half arsed while being boo'd from the stands.

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good shout, I think we are at 4 now so not what I would term as “plenty”. 

No its certainly not a market we've been very active in down the years.

Tam Flogel, S Adam I'm thinking as possible pre contracts and under Levein first time Mark De Vries/Dennis Wyness and Paul Hartley. Memory is hazy so maybe free agents rather than  pre contract 

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Craig Halkett and Taylor moore, Michael Smith. All very able replacements

Souttar in the mix with our other defenders makes us better.

I know it's important to think of building a team for 2/3 seasons but right now it's about this season.

Souttar is a Hearts player till season end.

A contract signed by both parties.

He owes us nothing but respect.

I think the real bug bear is because hes going to Rangers and I think that's a mistake.

But it's his choice.

I'm only bothered about Hearts.

And unless he shows the disrespect we witnessed from Lafferty or Pressley on his return I bear no grudge.

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Repeating myself but it's such a shite rule. Disruption of a club and player when they still have 6 months left and a lot of football still to play.

the rules are a joke, but so is scottish football, farcical at the very best, we have clowns running our game, as we know.

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You can’t force a player to go on loan somewhere. 

Can we loan him to the under 18’s at Hearts?

He shouldn’t play for the first team again.

Just on principle. 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's not been our best defender this season. 

Don't know about 3rd. 

Speaking of third, would it actually be fair to say, he's been our third best centre half in a back 3?

He did start the season well and we were singing his praises early on but Halkett has been a rock at times and seems to have improved as the season went on and Kingsley has been outstanding at either end of the park.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No way is it a dig at Bob, if you see i included jig and Naismith too. 

Just pointing out our club has quite a few huns. 

Aye, you were really, really... Really clever the way you worded it.

Only you. 

3 hours ago, GYL said:

On the bench next Saturday and made to warm up in front of the Hearts fans....unused subs are still Cup Tied🤤

This for me, and for the rest of the season 😄

wattie exploited

unless rangers offer 600,000 at least we should keep him then play him for 2 home games so he can get what the fans think off his shit move to rangers then bin him to the under 18 for the rest of the season really 2 years of being paid a wage then he could have signed a extension so we got at least the money he is worth but he never snake boy !!!!

its a shame as I really like him as a player  but he does owe hearts a wee bit of loyalty and the fact rangers up to their normal steal your best player for jack shit $ankers !!!!:rifle:

4 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Can we loan him to the under 18’s at Hearts?

He shouldn’t play for the first team again.

Just on principle. 

I imagine he won’t be here that much longer. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain we waited to announce Halketts precontract? Something about waiting until Livi's top flight status was secure or there abouts?

The way this has been done has been really bad and a total slap in the face IMO. Its contemptable. 

Rangers don't give a shit for any other club.

I doubt they even had meaningful talks to transfer this month.

Convince JS to sign pre-contract firstly, Hearts bargaining is completely diminished.

See fans cause uproar against JS, offer derogatory money to remove bad smell.

Job done.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

TBH I'd offer him a mutual termination just to get his wages off the books.

:getout:

Or send him on loan to a diddy English club in the 5th tier for next 6 months.

Scottish league 2 side would be my preference for him.

SectionDJambo
4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I just can't remember Hearts announcing a pre contract agreement with any club playing in the Scottish top league, in it's many guises and names, in January. I'm happy to be reminded, but the likes of Hartley and Wyness were announced after their clubs' seasons had ended.

It is a bad rule, as you say, and goes against any sporting integrity that richer clubs can disrupt a promising season of a rival club by announcing that they are taking a star player for nothing, from that club, for the next season. It really should only be applied to players playing in a different country.

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)