Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, martoon said:

So is the answer, GR.

What seals it for me is the amount of players in the past who just couldn’t be arsed playing for us or were obviously not committed. Now he’s made his choice, he can **** off tbh. 

I think he’ll be away by Tuesday anyway but always a chance he won’t be. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

Captain Lithuania
Just now, lost in space said:

It depends.

Are we signing an other CB?

Is Souttar going to continue to be committed to us?

Will we have a better chance of retaining third?

He’s committed to Rangers. End of story. 

15 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

It's a no from me. If there's a **** off ya ungrateful rat option I'll take that one as well.

…don’t forget @Japan Jambos ‘hang him from a lamppost by the danglies!’ 👍

scott herbertson

My answer would be don't know, until the club or the player make it more clear what has happened. eg if the player has received a pre-contract offer through his agent, and told Hearts, but Rangers haven't, and if the manager and player believe he can give his all in games against teams other than Rangers, my answer would be yes. If the player didn't inform the club about the pre-contract agreement in advance, my answer would be no.

I would rather we got Gary Locke out of retirement and play him than have Souttar playing again. Only those that are 100 percent committed to Hearts shout have the privilege of wearing the badge. 

Gillsland jack

Sorry folk's, not buying all this Judas/rat stuff, its really difficult to make it as a professional in the modern game, its a short career if you manage to make it at a pro club in the first place, the reality is that so many players will get lost to the pro game by the age of 21-23, on the scrap heap, dreams shattered but worst of all, treated like absolute shite by the clubs they have probably been with since the age of 12 or 14 or younger, so nope, don't give me all this loyalty tosh, if a player has a chance to control his own destiny, then he should look after himself and his family without a backward glance.

It’s a definite no for me.

The biggest reasons being the reaction from the fans will have a detrimental effect on the rest of the team.

It’s a distraction we don’t need at this vital stage of the season.

1 minute ago, Gillsland jack said:

Sorry folk's, not buying all this Judas/rat stuff, its really difficult to make it as a professional in the modern game, its a short career if you manage to make it at a pro club in the first place, the reality is that so many players will get lost to the pro game by the age of 21-23, on the scrap heap, dreams shattered but worst of all, treated like absolute shite by the clubs they have probably been with since the age of 12 or 14 or younger, so nope, don't give me all this loyalty tosh, if a player has a chance to control his own destiny, then he should look after himself and his family without a backward glance.

Far to sensible a post for this thread.

Apologies if already posted but saw Joel Sked tweeted this.

Souttar was actually the third best performer out of our 3 centre halves.

Not saying he won't be missed but it's maybe not the blow we might have anticipated at the start of the season.

I put no on the basis we don't  have to play players in the wrong position while he sits on his arse.

Ideal world we sign a decent replacement and move on, but I don't want us losing points to make a point 

Edited by jambopilms

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What seals it for me is the amount of players in the past who just couldn’t be arsed playing for us or were obviously not committed. Now he’s made his choice, he can **** off tbh. 

That sort of behaviour is a team thing. I cannot see a player sandwiched between Craig Gordon and Cammy Devlin managing to get away with being like that...

Many of you are playing into Rangers hands with the above votes...

Edited by Spellczech

2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

That sort of behaviour is a team thing. I cannot see a player sandwiched between Craig Gordon and Cammy Devlin managing to get away with being like that...

Many of you are playing into Rangers hands with the above votes...

I doubt the club, rangers or Souttar will pay the slightest bit of attention. When did Ann Budge pander to the fans?

Don’t think you can play Souttar now. Looks very bad on Neilson to play players who don’t want to be here & are leaving over players who want to play. 

Backed in to a corner unfortunately. 

NO. Don't want him anywhere near the first team or Tynecastle for that matter. He’s made it clear where he wants to be. 

1 hour ago, Mister Dee said:

Souttar is one of the best young defenders we’ve had since the days of Maclaren and Levein. 

He's good, yes.

To compare him in ability to these two however, is sheer folly

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I doubt the club, rangers or Souttar will pay the slightest bit of attention. When did Ann Budge pander to the fans?

Ann Budge isn't the one who'll be trying to negotiate a fee with Rangers. If the fans react furiously to Soapy if he is played then it either forces us to bench him and pay him, or accept pretty much any pittance Rangers offer...Support the team and ignore Souttar would be the best reaction to this. Give the club it's best chance of getting the £500k they are apparently seeking. That is what our role is. Not to behave like angry teenagers. Tynecastle is a great stadium for supporting the team but it is a terrible one if we don't do what we are meant to do.

Edited by Spellczech

Naisys Tackle
12 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Apologies if already posted but saw Joel Sked tweeted this.

Souttar was actually the third best performer out of our 3 centre halves.

Not saying he won't be missed but it's maybe not the blow we might have anticipated at the start of the season.

He's clearly our best defender.  No point in saying otherwise. 

Just now, Spellczech said:

Ann Budge isn't the one who'll be trying to negotiate a fee with Rangers. If the fans react furiously to Soapy if he is played then it either forces us to bench him and pay him, or accept pretty much any pittance Rangers offer...Support the team and ignore Souttar would be the best reaction to this. Give the club it's best chance of getting the £500k they are apparently seeking. That is what our role is. Not to behave like angry teenagers.

The fans will react badly. Doesn’t really matter what’s said on here, it matters what happens in the ground. Dismissing anyone who raises their voice  as an angry teenager is just shitting on anyone’s opinion except yours. Fan anger over lots of things has happened for as long as I can remember at a host of clubs. This won’t be any different.

1 minute ago, SectionN said:

Don’t think you can play Souttar now. Looks very bad on Neilson to play players who don’t want to be here & are leaving over players who want to play. 

Backed in to a corner unfortunately. 

Winka won't be going full into challenges either especially against his zombie rulers.

2 hours ago, Mister Dee said:

Souttar is one of the best young defenders we’ve had since the days of Maclaren and Levein. 

it’s a short career -especially with his injuries. 
We’ve supported and looked after him through his injuries, and developed him from a player with potential, to a full internationalist. 

This is how he thanks us. 

**** him. Judas ****

Not that good...not better than Elvis, nor Webster

Can’t really answer this as my preference is to agree a settlement and let him go in the window.

However, if we don’t do that whethe he plays none, any or many matches I’ll leave to the club if they think he will improve the team. My view is it will likely be too much of a distraction for everyone involved if they play him. 

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Ann Budge isn't the one who'll be trying to negotiate a fee with Rangers. If the fans react furiously to Soapy if he is played then it either forces us to bench him and pay him, or accept pretty much any pittance Rangers offer...Support the team and ignore Souttar would be the best reaction to this. Give the club it's best chance of getting the £500k they are apparently seeking. That is what our role is. Not to behave like angry teenagers. Tynecastle is a great stadium for supporting the team but it is a terrible one if we don't do what we are meant to do.

Pretty much this. The club are playing hard ball to get a decent fee and they don't need us screwing it up.

Everybody losing their shit here 

Hearts knew he would go.

They know that Winning the league is totally essential for Rangers so are gonna play as hard as possible over letting him

leave in Jan.

Its a game and it takes time to play it out

Goldson could get a nasty injury in next game and the situation changes again.

no point in everyone demanding stuff.

27 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Hi Mr McNamara 

Bolt ya radge. 

What a ****ing ridiculous post. 

Edit - that I see you've been rightfully pulled up for now. 

Edited by tian447

41 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Which makes me wonder - does it help or hinder the rest of the team if fans boo Souttar?

Because, like all of us here, I want this team to succeed.  Hearts are bigger than one player.

Robbie has to keep Snakey away from the squad. 

He's no use to us now damaged goods if you like. 

Playing Souttar midweek and inviting all the abuse and bad feeling to affect the team would be a huge mistake from Neilson. 

Take him down to Auchinleck and give the last two minutes of the cup tie. 

A_A wehatethehibs
9 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Who's this Souttar character a'body is talking about?

Some SPL crock dud Rangers signed on peanuts for a backup role to play away at the fir park type grounds etc after the champions league games when the big names get rested 

1 minute ago, jambo-in-furness said:

I have voted yes,  he won’t get a career ending injury sitting in the stand.

I understand this thinking… and TBH, if he plays or if he’s sent to train with the youths, both scenarios could be bad for sevco. If they don’t meet our demands - they’re playing roulette with their new signing.

If we don’t play him (which is my option) sevco will get a very un-match fit player, whose Scotland caps could diminish. If we do play him, not only could Tynie turn poisonous (which would be bad for the team) … but, as you say, he could pick up an injury. 
I really don’t know why sevco would take the chance either way. They’re not helping their player. I just hope we stand firm… we still have a hand in this. 

17 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He's clearly our best defender.  No point in saying otherwise. 

Not according to these stats this season, although I think at his best he has the most quality of the 3.

Just thought interesting how this season has played out so far

Been out for a long walk. Got back to told someone on the radio has said JS was signed from D Utd on a pre-contract so for some it’s a bit of pot calling the kettle black. I don’t know what was involved in that, but it shows he has previous anyway. 

Nelly Terraces

One way or another, I just can't see how this guy can play for Hearts again, he's effectively a Sevco player now. Either get rid to them in this window (even if we got 300K it would free up a wage as well)  or keep & don't play him until his contract with us runs out.

Just now, Jumper said:

Been out for a long walk. Got back to told someone on the radio has said JS was signed from D Utd on a pre-contract so for some it’s a bit of pot calling the kettle black. I don’t know what was involved in that, but it shows he has previous anyway. 

Hearts paid Dundee Utd a six figure sum for what was then a raw youth. 

Hardly the same. 

30 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think he'll leave before the window closes. Not sure about the circumstances of how it will come to pass but being a Hearts player from now until May is untenable, imo.

Nominal fee/Rangers player on loan...I think something has to be sorted.

Failing that, he sits in the stand. No way should he play ahead of players who have committed to the club or those, like Cochrane and TM, who perhaps will.

• JKBMod 3 changed the title to John Souttar Poll
1 minute ago, Nelly Terraces said:

One way or another, I just can't see how this guy can play for Hearts again, he's effectively a Sevco player now. Either get rid to them in this window (even if we got 300K it would free up a wage as well)  or keep & don't play him until his contract with us runs out.

Even subconsciously there is no way he can give 100% commitment What happens if we play Sevco in the Scottish Cup or the league particularly if the bigot brothers are vying for automatic entry for Champions league qualification. 

No. He'll get pelters every time he touches the ball. Rather he ****ed off to rangers this month.

Edited by Sir Craig Gordon

Just now, GYL said:

On the bench next Saturday and made to warm up in front of the Hearts fans....unused subs are still Cup Tied🤤

I feel this is all getting personal. 😄

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)