Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

32 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He's clearly our best defender.  No point in saying otherwise. 

Depends what you're saying. 

Is he the best Hearts player at defending? No.

But if you look at Hearts defenders, is he the best player? Probably.

So yes and no for me.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

40 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

That sort of behaviour is a team thing. I cannot see a player sandwiched between Craig Gordon and Cammy Devlin managing to get away with being like that...

Many of you are playing into Rangers hands with the above votes...

Dont know how you come to the conclusion about playing in to The Rangers hands. 

If the Huns don't stump up a suitable fee then they get an unfit short of match practice player. 

BTW the suitable fee has just gone up to a million quid. 

SectionDJambo
3 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Even subconsciously there is no way he can give 100% commitment What happens if we play Sevco in the Scottish Cup or the league particularly if the bigot brothers are vying for automatic entry for Champions league qualification. 

What happens if we’re due to play Rangers in the last 5 fixtures, if they need the win for their chances of winning the league and we need it for a 3rd top finish. Do we trust him not to divulge planned tactics or team selection to Rangers? He’ll want to play in the Champions League. Anyone naive enough to think that Rangers wouldn’t be asking him?

Do Hearts keep him involved in first team training that week?

16 minutes ago, Jumper said:

Been out for a long walk. Got back to told someone on the radio has said JS was signed from D Utd on a pre-contract so for some it’s a bit of pot calling the kettle black. I don’t know what was involved in that, but it shows he has previous anyway. 

He'd been moved to midfield, lost his way and dropped out of the team when we went in for him so not exactly the same but I get what you're saying about previous

Nelly Terraces
7 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Even subconsciously there is no way he can give 100% commitment What happens if we play Sevco in the Scottish Cup or the league particularly if the bigot brothers are vying for automatic entry for Champions league qualification. 

Exactly. He wouldn't be human if he didn't have some some of conflicted interest when playing them. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I feel this is all getting personal. 😄

How did you guess ? 

Dont tell me you haven't sent in your review of Soapy's coffee shop yet 😂

Just now, luckydug said:

How did you guess ? 

Dont tell me you haven't sent in your review of Soapy's coffee shop yet 😂

I can imagine what they are like. 🥸

Just now, Jambos56 said:

It said on the radio we signed Souttar on a pre contract surely that is wrong?

We signed him in the January window

Just now, Smithee said:

We signed him in the January window

Did we pre-contract him first then agree terms with DU? Honestly can’t remember. 

Biggest kept secret in Scottish football this. 

He will go before the window closes. All a matter of upfront money. Rangers waiting on uefa money from qualifying. Due to be paid 28th January 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Did we pre-contract him first then agree terms with DU? Honestly can’t remember. 

I seem to remember it was last day of the window but no more than that

17 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Hearts paid Dundee Utd a six figure sum for what was then a raw youth. 

Hardly the same. 

I am not trying to take anything away from your point however I think we had to pay a compensation fee because he was with them from a young age. I believe he was a youth player from 2006 - 2013 and a senior player from 2013 - 2016 when we signed him.

So around 10 years with Utd which is why we had to pay the fee.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Best for all concerned if the clubs can come to agreement and let him go this month! Very disappointed but if he plays for us again i certainly wouldn't boo him.

9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He'd been moved to midfield, lost his way and dropped out of the team when we went in for him so not exactly the same but I get what you're saying about previous

👍

Horatio Caine
11 minutes ago, Jambos56 said:

It said on the radio we signed Souttar on a pre contract surely that is wrong?

I think that is wrong.  It was a (literally) 11th hour dash to Tynie to sign on the last day of the window.  Pre contract my arse.

55 minutes ago, Morgan said:

He's good, yes.

To compare him in ability to these two however, is sheer folly

“Sheer folly” 😂😂😂😂😂👏🏻

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

It’s a definite no for me.

The biggest reasons being the reaction from the fans will have a detrimental effect on the rest of the team.

It’s a distraction we don’t need at this vital stage of the season.

This is where I'm at.

portobellojambo1

I understand much of what people are saying. There is naturally a lot of disappointment that he appears to be going to Rangers, and that we will get no finance from that movement. He isn't going to go during this window unless there is a significant amount of money received for him (imo). In that circumstance , and the fact we need to do everything we can to retain third place in the league and if we don't have a replacement for him then we have to make use of his continued participation in the back 4.

If the club feel someone can just slot in then so be it. Even at the moment it is just a pre contract agreement and come the end of the season they (Rangers) may decide not to proceed with it or Souttar himself may decide not to move it from an agreement to a contract.

Losing a good player is bad enough, potentially losing third place while trying to make a point would be equally disappointing.

49 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Not that good...not better than Elvis, nor Webster

Ok, that’s my opinion. 
not knocking yours, but disagree. 👍🏻

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I understand much of what people are saying. There is naturally a lot of disappointment that he appears to be going to Rangers, and that we will get no finance from that movement. He isn't going to go during this window unless there is a significant amount of money received for him (imo). In that circumstance , and the fact we need to do everything we can to retain third place in the league and if we don't have a replacement for him then we have to make use of his continued participation in the back 4.

If the club feel someone can just slot in then so be it. Even at the moment it is just a pre contract agreement and come the end of the season they (Rangers) may decide not to proceed with it or Souttar himself may decide not to move it from an agreement to a contract.

Losing a good player is bad enough, potentially losing third place while trying to make a point would be equally disappointing.

We've pissed third.

Build for next season/Europe beginning now.  That doesn't include the Arbroath Rat. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
32 minutes ago, Jumper said:

Been out for a long walk. Got back to told someone on the radio has said JS was signed from D Utd on a pre-contract so for some it’s a bit of pot calling the kettle black. I don’t know what was involved in that, but it shows he has previous anyway. 

We didn’t sign him on a pre contract if we paid for him. Just as Newco won’t be signing him on a pre contract if they pay for him. It’ll be a transfer window signing were we receive cash. Unless he re-signs with Hearts I hope he never plays again for us.

1 minute ago, 132goals1958 said:

Don't see JS playing for Hearts this season now, also think Hearts and Rangers will be talking about how much or how little it will take to get him off our books and on there's.

Playing him in the cup would devalue him to Rangers, but get reason for playing him as it would make him less valuable to Rangers but the **** him **** Rangers could cost Hearts 100-150k.

Central Belt 1874

It's not just us that are not impressed with how this has developed. I've spoken with a couple of Rangers fans over the last 24hrs and they are not happy with how Rangers have handled this either. They just want Rangers to stump up the cash and get it done in this window.

I'm not sure who in this saga is pulling the strings, but this dosent benefit Hearts, Rangers or Souttar. 

Considering this is a transfer between two big rival clubs and an international player, the whole things been a farce.

Edited by Central Belt 1874

3 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

We didn’t sign him on a pre contract if we paid for him. Just as Newco won’t be signing him on a pre contract if they pay for him. It’ll be a transfer window signing were we receive cash. Unless he re-signs with Hearts I hope he never plays again for us.

£180Th.  

8 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I think that is wrong.  It was a (literally) 11th hour dash to Tynie to sign on the last day of the window.  Pre contract my arse.

That's how I remember it too

No from me, let him sit and watch box sets at home, it’s no good for him , no good for squad morale and not good for the fans having him stink up the place with his hun attitude.

1 hour ago, SectionN said:

Don’t think you can play Souttar now. Looks very bad on Neilson to play players who don’t want to be here & are leaving over players who want to play. 

Backed in to a corner unfortunately. 

Has to pick Moore. Surely?

14 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I respect your opinion but if we play him midweek then the game is going to be embarrassing for all concerned. This could affect the morale of the team if the fans are booing one of our players instead of getting behind the team. 

11 minutes ago, OTT said:

Has to pick Moore. Surely?

I would. But Souttar has been a mainstay in this team which has done well so far.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, lost in space said:

It depends.

Are we signing an other CB?

Is Souttar going to continue to be committed to us?

Will we have a better chance of retaining third?

We have the same defensive options as we have all season in terms of numbers. 

Smith/ Moore replaces Souttar, aki replaces Smith. 

We are more than fine without another centre half ( although I'd like one) 

No one will know that for sure. 

No one knows about 3rd either! 

3 minutes ago, SectionN said:

I would. But Souttar has been a mainstay in this team which has done well so far.

If I was Gordon I'd want to make sure my defence is 100% committed and not going to shirk 50/50s. Frankly, I don't think he can be trusted. Beyond that, the wee shit has created a circus so will in all likelihood face severe abuse from most corners of the stadium. 

I think if we really want to keep Moore this is how we show it. 

Best to part ways. The fact it’s a club in the same division there’s no way he won’t be thinking ahead no matter how professional he is.  Loan him to them, they can pay his wages and he doesn’t play against us this season. With the caveat of a sell on percentage

lost in space
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We have the same defensive options as we have all season in terms of numbers. 

Smith/ Moore replaces Souttar, aki replaces Smith. 

We are more than fine without another centre half ( although I'd like one) 

No one will know that for sure. 

No one knows about 3rd either! 

Exactly. There are too many "unknowns" to make a balanced judgement at this time.

Surely no-one on here would make a decision without the full facts........

1 hour ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

If we play him against Saints and bench him in the cup game I will absolutely loose my $#!t.

Why would we? He doesn't go until the end of the season. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
Just now, jr ewing said:

Why would we? He doesn't go until the end of the season. 

I meant if we don’t cup tie him and then he goes to Newco this window for a pittance. I will be ripping. 

7 minutes ago, OTT said:

If I was Gordon I'd want to make sure my defence is 100% committed and not going to shirk 50/50s. Frankly, I don't think he can be trusted. Beyond that, the wee shit has created a circus so will in all likelihood face severe abuse from most corners of the stadium. 

I think if we really want to keep Moore this is how we show it. 

Better to get him signed. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)