Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, adiphmfc said:

Statement from club saying he will only leave this window if the right deal comes in. Does that mean he can still leave for or a fee and opt out of the Rangers deal? 

Nope 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

Just now, jambo mark said:

I just don’t think pre contracts should be allowed. Players shouldn’t be allowed to speak to other clubs until their contracts have run out or a transfer fee is agreed between clubs.

clubs essentially end up with a player who isn’t committed and therefore can’t be committed 100% to the cause

That would mean a player can’t earn for a period of time which I suppose isn’t fair. I’m sure I read for a similar deal in England it’s can only be done within the last month of the contract…..that is definitely a better option.

36 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Why did we bother to help him in his time of need. Not pleased with this at all. Loyalty means nothing nowadays 

He had a contract. The club had a responsibility to honour the contract. No-one knows his reason for leaving, maybe he wasn’t offered what he wanted or indeed his family and future needed.

Walter Bishop

The club better not accept anything less than 500k. Anything less would be an insult to our fans, especially after the managers comments. 

I and I’m sure many others would happily up our foundation subs to cover 100k or whatever derisory offer Rangers give us to see Souttar spend the rest of the season in isolation. 

number witheld
52 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm going by the tone of the statement. I'm not making anything up, just going by my own interpretation of what the club said. 

'Heart of Midlothian Football Club notes Rangers Football Club’s announcement', Prior knowledge would have a different wording, notes is present/current, like they're finding out now too.

Anyway, I'm going to go back to bashing the belly crawling snake. 👍

You go for it mate. Do let us know how you go. Hope it’s a happy ending. 😊 

Edited by number witheld
Quote failure!

I don't want to see him in a Hearts shirt again.  We should remember he joined us from utd in a similar way, so this type of exit isn't a suprise.  500k and a 10% sell on and he can go.  Otherwise he only plays if we have no other optiins.

PhoenixHearts

Got a bad feeling this whole thing could have a knock on effect for the rest of the season. It'll be a subconscious thing but I can see it weighing in the heads of the players and coaching staff and we may find it much tougher. We've seemingly had great chemistry on and off the pitch with a tight knit group but this is gonna throw it all off kilter. Just like how the fans are arguing, there will be players and coaches both commending or resenting Souttar over this move. And we may falter as a result.

All because one player has decided to be a selfish prick and put himself before the club.

5 minutes ago, adiphmfc said:

Statement from club saying he will only leave this window if the right deal comes in. Does that mean he can still leave for or a fee and opt out of the Rangers deal? 

Let’s hope so but I doubt it. Pretty sure we could loan him out tho, do Peterhead need a centre half?

Holyrood_Hearts
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

You can’t force him to go on loan. The statement is a negotiating position. 

Sorry Dave I did know he can’t be made to go on loan. 

Sit him in the stand then 

29 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

No he not an important member of the first team he’s a rat that should be run out of town. Don’t play him, don’t let him train with the first team, don’t even let him sit in the canteen.

I'm glad we have such rational and logical fans. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

The club better not accept anything less than 500k. Anything less would be an insult to our fans, especially after the managers comments. 

I and I’m sure many others would happily up our foundation subs to cover 100k or whatever derisory offer Rangers give us to see Souttar spend the rest of the season in isolation. 

Now our other defenders have signed, on balance we should sell now but I agree for a bigger fee. If he stays, no-one will care he's going to Rangers in summer if he and the team continues to play well. I mean it would be just weird to keep raging about this if his and the team's performances stay high. Hopefully Robbie assesses where his head's at and takes it from there. Soapy did repay us once already by signing a new contract. He owes Robbie a lot though and IMO will be professional when picked. No reason to see Soapy as anything other than one of the good guys (until he turns out in blue obviously).

Personally I think he'll regret this. As they've got him for nothing or next to nothing, the Rangers manager will have no reason to stick by him if he plays badly. He'll be replaced in a second.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Holyrood_Hearts
23 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Honestly baffled by any Hearts fan who thinks we should continue to play him. 

Absolutely agree. Baffling anyone can think he’ll still be as committed now 

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I’m glad most fans understand what a Rat move this is.

Guest ToqueJambo

Just let everyone get it out now. Then get behind the team. You don't need to cheer Soapy but you don't need to boo him as well. That would be incredibly self-defeating, but then some of our fans have previous for doing self-defeating things.

Just now, Holyrood_Hearts said:

First goal saving tackle will help. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Now our other defenders have signed, on balance we should sell now but I agree for a bigger fee. If he stays, no-one will care he's going to Rangers in summer if he and the team continues to play well. I mean it would be just weird to keep raging about this if his and the team's performances stay high. Hopefully Robbie assesses where his head's at and takes it from there. Soapy's one of the good guys though and he did repay us once already by signing a new contract. He owes Robbie a lot though and IMO will be professional when picked. No reason to see Soapy as anything other than one of the good guys (until he turns out in blue obviously).

He might try extra specially hard against celtic. If he can break one of them before he goes he gets my blessing 

8 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

I'd prefer Tuesdays game to be all about 3 points. Imo souter should be nowhere near the bench. Terracing and team concentrate on win.

This. Move on, leave the ****er out the squad, get a big win. Give him no headlines from our side. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Because he's a professional, he has mates in the Hearts team, he knows he owes Robbie, and it's hard to hide in training and on the pitch? It's not like an office job where you can hide, take massive long lunch breaks when you can and pretend to work while working your notice 😃 

Amazed this has been done without a fee being agreed.

Hopefully we can name our price and it is met or he can train with the kids and kiss goodbye to getting selected for the Scotland squad at the end of March. 

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

I’m glad most fans understand what a Rat move this is.

Of course it is, but what's the ****ing point in bringing the entire atmosphere of a game down to being about one player, and moaning like **** for 90 minutes instead of supporting the team?  I'm not about to let one person ruin the rest of my season and next season whenever we play them. 

**** that. 

Soutar shouldn’t be playing anymore games. Not because I have anything against him leaving or even choosing to go to Rangers but purely from a club perspective. 

1.-  His mind is elsewhere now. He will be playing within himself to reduce his chances of getting injured. 

2.- The fans will be raging and Soutar playing is only going to create a toxic atmosphere at tynecastle. We don’t need that. 

3- we need to find the right balance with what we have going forward. Soutar isn’t going to be part of that. 

4.- how do the team feel about Soutar leaving for a rival club? 

5.- why do we want to continue to develop and help a player who will be playing for a rival club? 

6.- can we trust soapy now? His heart is elsewhere now and will he risk a 50/50 for us now? Doubt it. 

Let John train, stay fit, use our facilities but he is ofski and that’s how we need to to treat this. 

number witheld

I don’t buy the ‘club looked after him thing’. He was out asset and rightly we rehabbed him, but he has no reason to not do what he is contractually and legally allowed to do. If he had signed for another year he may not have got the rangers deal as that might have put them off. Lad has to look after himself. That said I wish he was off down south. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Because he's a professional, he has mates in the Hearts team, he knows he owes Robbie, and it's hard to hide in training and on the pitch? It's not like an office job where you can hide, take massive long lunch breaks when you can and pretend to work while working your notice 😃 

Spot on if rangers don't get him this window, it's in his best interests to keep up his form. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Just let everyone get it out now. Then get behind the team. You don't need to cheer Soapy but you don't need to boo him as well. That would be incredibly self-defeating, but then some of our fans have previous for doing self-defeating things.

I think some of our fans are only truly happy when there's something to get upset about. 

Getting ****ing tedious now.  But nah, let's just boo John Souttar for 90 minutes instead of actually going to a game to support the team, or organise synchronised booing in certain minutes. That can't possibly have any impact the rest of the team.  Not a chance. 

Fwiw anyone condoning a injury to him is an arsehole. Simple as that. He is a human being first and foremost, a family man. This is only football there is more to life than a ****ing transfer. 

Guest ToqueJambo

There was huge seethe when Webster returned. However aside from one guy I remember yelling at him for 90mins in the Gorgie Stand at his first game back, everyone just forgot about it.

24 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Source for your last sentence? 

Did you read our statement? Pretty clear by the wording that the rat has not told us this was happening. 

Edited by JamboRossi79

2 minutes ago, bigdav said:

That dafty Porteous will do it in the Derby. Win win. Soutar crocked and dafty sent off.

Or their their new boy Rocky. Go in like a freight train son. 

Holyrood_Hearts
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

He’s also capable of making mistakes, only now if he does it’s because his heart isn’t in it. 

He’s better out the team & out the club asap

6 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

First goal saving tackle will help. 

A winning goal against the wee team from him would make me not so angry as to how he has completely shat on us.

number witheld

I think some of our fans are only truly happy when there's something to get upset about. 

Getting ****ing tedious now.  But nah, let's just boo John Souttar for 90 minutes instead of actually going to a game to support the team, or organise synchronised booing in certain minutes. That can't possibly have any impact the rest of the team.  Not a chance. 

Tbf I had tongue a little in cheek when I suggested the booing in the 4th min. Might have a wee grumble when his name is announced though 

Walter Bishop
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hopefully Souttar doesn't look at his social media for the next wee while because... knob ends with something new to be furious about.

Hi John 👋🏻 

Jambof3tornado
16 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

I'd prefer Tuesdays game to be all about 3 points. Imo souter should be nowhere near the bench. Terracing and team concentrate on win.

Souttar wont be anywhere near tynecastle come tuesday.

Just now, number witheld said:

Tbf I had tongue a little in cheek when I suggested the booing in the 4th min. Might have a wee grumble when his name is announced though 

I could genuinely see it happening though :lol:

3 minutes ago, JamboRossi79 said:

Did you read our statement? Pretty clear by the wording that the rat has not told us this was happening. 

Didn’t read that in it at all. We knew he was going for a medical. We must have known that if he passed the medical he would sign a pre-contract. 

Just now, jr ewing said:

Not nearly enough. 

I know, but just a gut feeling. We'll try and get at least something in.
Maybe even get the young lad King from them on loan.

Just now, Ponky Jambo said:

I know, but just a gut feeling. We'll try and get at least something in.
Maybe even get the young lad King from them on loan.

We? Them? 

Heart of Midlothian Football Club notes Rangers Football Club’s announcement of John Souttar’s pre-contract signing.

The club reiterates that John is an important member of the first-team squad and will remain so until the end of the season unless a significant and satisfactory offer is made during the January transfer window.

No further comment will be made at this time. 

My reading of that statement is we didn’t know much if anything about it. It’s an unhappy with John statement.

Captain Sausage

Disappointing to lose our best defender across the M8. 

His positioning isn’t the best, but he’s a damn good centre back. He will do well at Rangers where they’ll use him to build from the back. 

Players hold all the cards these days - it’s emotive for fans but if you’re in his shoes, who wouldn’t grab the cash and security?! 

Only thing we can do is make a choice on whether to play him or not. He’s our best defender, but is he likely to shirk out of challenges in case of injury? 

If we drop him, he will likely miss out on selection for the WC qualifying squad and potentially the WC itself. It’s probably the only card the club has left to play. 

Sad times. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)