Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If he is contributing to the team and giving his all he plays and if not he doesn't. 

we don’t have the luxury of waiting to find that out, we can’t afford to drop three points right now. 

he stays in the stands and we play the players that want to be here. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

We all know that (no matter what your view is) he will get utter dogs abuse if he plays again, also I think the club will be well aware this will happen,so better for everyone if he moves sooner rather than later, 

my view is he shouldn’t play again for us , I only want players that are 100% committed to hearts and he’s not in that category now.

Be interesting to see what happens if Goldson leaves this month.  If he does the ball is back in our court.  Make them pay what they get for Goldson.

Big Dave was a great Hearts player but Rangers fans thought he was rubbish, dippy dave they called him.   Fully expect Souttar to be a angers boo boy target.  Not a rolls royce but a good hearts player.

3 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Well said. Dave McPherson was a great servant to HMFC and is a cup winning legend. 

Also had 27 Scotland caps including 6 games at the 1990 World Cup and 1992 euro championships. Souttar has a long way to go to match big Slim.

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

As a Scotland fan I do!

Hope Scotland do well. Couldnt give 2 shiney shites if JS is involved. 

I might be wrong but suspect that he will speak to RN on Monday and asked to be dropped (if fee hasn’t been agreed) as his head isn’t in right place for playing football and will remain like that until we’ve either agree a fee or until February if no fee agreed and he’s wants to play to keep his national team dream alive

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

A lot of anger on here. But for me if Rangers don't make an acceptable offer he plays out the season and he plays on the same basis as every other player ... If he is contributing to the team and giving his all he plays and if not he doesn't. 

We have lost a lot better players than Soutter too cheaply.

I don't think there's any question he'd give his all, he's a professional player.  But his presence in the team is likely to be detrimental regardless as he'd be getting dog's abuse every week.

Had he gone down south it would’ve been with with mine and probably 99% if Hearts fans best wishes. Moving along the M8 is a massive **** You to Hearts as a club. He would’ve made just as much if not more moving to Blackburn and potentially either getting promoted to Premiership or signed by Premiership club if he performs well.

I don’t think we should play him 1 more minute in the first team, he’s made his bed so deal with it. It’s not our place to help his international career, we’ve done our bit helping him get through his injuries. It’s in everyone’s best interests to get him out the door in January as if he stays and plays he’ll get pelters from the stands if he makes any mistakes or caught out of position leading to a goal against us it’ll have negative effect on rest of the team.

MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, 22games nro said:

We all know that (no matter what your view is) he will get utter dogs abuse if he plays again, also I think the club will be well aware this will happen,so better for everyone if he moves sooner rather than later, 

my view is he shouldn’t play again for us , I only want players that are 100% committed to hearts and he’s not in that category now.

Agreed. But I’d Put him on for auchinleck to cup tie him in case he goes. 

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Also had 27 Scotland caps including 6 games at the 1990 World Cup and 1992 euro championships. Souttar has a long way to go to match big Slim.

Scored plenty too. 

He was Rangers top scorer in Europe until the mid 90s. 

1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

I might be wrong but suspect that he will speak to RN on Monday and asked to be dropped (if fee hasn’t been agreed) as his head isn’t in right place for playing football and will remain like that until we’ve either agree a fee or until February if no fee agreed and he’s wants to play to keep his national team dream alive

At which point Neilson says Na you are alright thanks

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Based on my reading of the Clubs statement I wonder if Sevco could be done for tapping up a player?

Rangers were allowed to speak to him and offer a contract. Unless you mean they spoke to him before January 

That fact he’s going to rangers is a disappointing but if that’s what he wants to do then fine. It’s the pre-contract to a rival club that angers me. It’s the most disrespectful thing he could do. He’s committed to another team in the league whilst still drawing a wage here. He ran his contract down knowing that the result is hearts receive nothing as a result and to add insult to injury he signs for another club with half the season to go and puts us in the position where we are damned if we play him and damned if we don’t. 

1 minute ago, Savage Vince said:

Scored plenty too. 

He was Rangers top scorer in Europe until the mid 90s. 

Was also the master of the dribble Out from the back then collapse to win us a free kick half way up the pitch😂

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Unless you mean they spoke to him before January 

It was mentioned earlier on in this thread. Obviously could be complete ballocks but it makes you wonder as it seems the Club were blindsided by this news. 

14 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

He couldn’t lace big Slim’s boots 

Agree with that 100%, big slim gave everything he had for best part of ten years, absolute legend in my eyes

Just now, The Grim Reaper said:

He’ll go for about £200K.

Only if that's OUR valuation. 

He's still our player unless The Rangers meet the fee. 

Handy player but some on here are taking a Hibsesque view of him. He is very injury prone... he has spent more time not playing for us than he has playing for us. Whatever way anybody thinking there is one shred of loyalty in a modern football player should think again . He could end up at Rangers play a few games and get yet another injury, not that I am wishing that on him. However the talk of him in the EPL... get a grip for god sakes.

The Grim Reaper
2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Only if that's OUR valuation. 

He's still our player unless The Rangers meet the fee. 

Dreaming. 

11 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

I don’t magine he’s not been in that category for a couple of months, at least. 

2 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Handy player but some on here are taking a Hibsesque view of him. He is very injury prone... he has spent more time not playing for us than he has playing for us. Whatever way anybody thinking there is one shred of loyalty in a modern football player should think again . He could end up at Rangers play a few games and get yet another injury, not that I am wishing that on him. However the talk of him in the EPL... get a grip for god sakes.

TBF Grant Hanley plays in the EPL.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Was also the master of the dribble Out from the back then collapse to win us a free kick half way up the pitch😂

🤣 Big Davie giraffe on stilts. His legs would just fold under him as he went down in stages - always assumed he'd just ran out of puff. Great player for us and Scotland. Was at the game in Sweden in 92 when he missed an absolute sitter against Germany in a game we humped them but lost 2-0.

43 minutes ago, JamboRossi79 said:

How could you not read that when we literally refer to the announcement by Sevco ? Cmon really? The club doesn’t even wish him well or thank him for his service, FFS we even wished Roberts well at Well. This has ended badly from the clubs point of view no doubt about it.

Heart of Midlothian Football Club notes Rangers Football Club’s announcement of John Souttar’s pre-contract signing

He hasn’t left us yet so why would the club thank him? 

We must have known and approved that he was going for a medical. Don’t know why we wouldn’t think he would sign after passing medical. 

39 minutes ago, Texaco said:

That is why he should be no where near Tynecastle on Tue. If he plays and we don't win a big rift will be torn between the club and the fans. The whole thing will become a bigger mud slinging mess. Is Neilson ready to gamble that much? My view is the players that have re-signed will try thier hearts out on Tue to prove a point and the fans will be right behind the team.  Use dropping Souter as positive motivation to galvanize the team and fans. 

Agree.  It's a sad situation...just a pity he chose the Hun ahead of teams down south.

It will be intriguing to see how things pan out.  Will Rangers be willing to pay a fee to get him how or hold off until the season ends, in which case what does Souttar do until then? 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

For a player we've had for 6 years I won't be following him that closely like others who leave. Probably more a consequence of being out injured so long.

7 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I remember a match at Fir Park where we were 3-1 up and he just passed the ball back and forward to Henry for 30 minutes. The Motherwell fans were absolutely seething. 😀

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

🤣 Big Davie giraffe on stilts. His legs would just fold under him as he went down in stages - always assumed he'd just ran out of puff. Great player for us and Scotland. Was at the game in Sweden in 92 when he missed an absolute sitter against Germany in a game we humped them but lost 2-0.

I think it was the nose bleed as he passed the half way line that toppled him over 😂

I was in Turin in 1990 the night him and Levein lined up against Brazil, another story of what could’ve been, I think it’s was Stevie Nicol that missed an absolute sitter that night.

heartgarfunkel
13 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

At least it’s made the diet huns in our support happy. Wishing him the best for Rangers and Scotland. 

:sick:

I'm now hoping the Hoops win every league game apart from ones against us.

This is what all PHM desire. 

Just now, heartgarfunkel said:

I'm now hoping the Hoops win every league game apart from ones against us.

This is what all PHM desire. 

I know it’s been an emotional day but that’s taking it too far!

Signing a pre contract with the hun is beyond the pale. As of now he's John Souttar, prick.

On the plus side, they'll have a defensive weak link we can target

Just now, Des Lynam said:

At least it’s made the diet huns in our support happy. Wishing him the best for Rangers and Scotland. 

:sick:

Controversial but is it any different to having a hun manager and coaching staff? 

14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Rangers were allowed to speak to him and offer a contract. Unless you mean they spoke to him before January 

Nucky they all speak to players before they should one way or another. Its just not a public knowledge thing as such

16 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Agreed. But I’d Put him on for auchinleck to cup tie him in case he goes. 

Yup put him on for 30 seconds!

I would love it if we finished above them this season. Love it. Would love it any season but please, let this sideshow ****ing melt to oblivion.

Francis Albert
19 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

I don't think there's any question he'd give his all, he's a professional player.  But his presence in the team is likely to be detrimental regardless as he'd be getting dog's abuse every week.

So the problem is the fans. I doubt his fellow professionals will be giving him dogs abuse ... Unless he deserves it.

Maiden Gorgie
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Of course it is, but what's the ****ing point in bringing the entire atmosphere of a game down to being about one player, and moaning like **** for 90 minutes instead of supporting the team?  I'm not about to let one person ruin the rest of my season and next season whenever we play them. 

**** that. 

Absolutely this 👍

People keep saying it’s a short career, but he is easily on 4 grand a week 🤔 so 200 grand a year so to play 10 year more that makes 2 million but we could now call it at least 4 million now 😣 and obviously what ever he has earned up to this point. Short career but more money than 99% of most of us will ever earn, so I get that after everything Hearts have done to stick by him, was it that hard to sign a years extension 🤔 and give that little bit back.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

So the problem is the fans. I doubt his fellow professionals will be giving him dogs abuse ... Unless he deserves it.

The problem is Souttar not the fans. 

9 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I remember a match at Fir Park where we were 3-1 up and he just passed the ball back and forward to Henry for 30 minutes. The Motherwell fans were absolutely seething. 😀

That’s right and I’m pretty sure that’s why they made donkey noises at him every time he touched the ball for years after that game 

I hope he goes now. We need to keep squad unity and how would Moore or Smith feel if souttar continues to play in front of them. Big part of season coming up don’t need distractions 

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Controversial but is it any different to having a hun manager and coaching staff? 

Of course it is, you don't hire staff or players because they are Hearts supporters. Hearts supporter are by definition Hearts supporter not Rangers wannabes 

31 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

we don’t have the luxury of waiting to find that out, we can’t afford to drop three points right now. 

he stays in the stands and we play the players that want to be here. 

Find out on Tuesday. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)