Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Souttar hardly played last season due to serious injuries. If we had offered him a three deal folk would have been going ape. 

They were quick enough to give Damour and Martin massive contract and Aidy White. Also Colin Doyle for job security with his family under the pervious regime.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

7 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

He should be investigated for matchfixing given the amount of space he gave Aribo to score against us. Clearly had this move planned all along. 🖕🐍

Hilarious 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No im in reality that, the only way we will ever get close to Rangers or Celtic, is to secure investment or make it by selling assets. 

Reality is we aren't on Celtic and Rangers level, but hopefully we can work towards that. 

Tbh you're not wrong, we need to start to flip players more consistently so we can then in turn reinvest in the club to hopefully maximise our revenue streams (enabling increased sustainable income which then allows the first team quality to increase - in theory). 2 Players in 7/8 years which have went for 7 figures? Poor. 

Am I the only one who has consistently worried he is only one tackle away from, yet another, serious injury. I’m not sorry to see him go ….it just the timing and lack of cash that a bummer!!

3 minutes ago, Steak said:

We paid for his recovery. Is your argument here if he couldn't play again would we still pay him 5kish a week? Mental

No I am saying that it was 50/50 at one point and nobody would be questioning the clubs "loyalty" if we dumped him 

With the extra subs now, surely we can bring him on just for 5 minutes abuse

I would never wish anyone to get an injury or anything like that as it is horrible. 

However, if the injury problems that plagued his time at Hearts continue at Rangers I won't be too upset.

33 minutes ago, john thomas said:

As long as he plays for us he should be supported 

I do agree it is probably best if he goes , partly because of the rabid comments on here 

At least you’re reading the room correctly then. **** him, rat ******* that he is 👍🏼

7 minutes ago, Bozi said:

**** TheRangers and **** Souttar but if anyone thinks we would have not dumped him if injuries had finished his career is deluded. This might be his only big pay day, its shite but it's life 

He had three serious injuries and we didn't dump him.

He's a rat. get rid now.

48 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Good luck getting a lot of people sharing that opinion. 

I care not a jot what others think.  The boy will be playing champions league on a much much higher salary, why wouldn’t he?  Those that think he should have signed for an English club, why?  Would you move to England?  I wouldn’t.  If a competitor comes in and offers me three times my salary and I stay in Scotland of course I’m going to go.

10 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

no idea mate.  not enough anyway so fair play to the club for telling them to bolt as it it was obviously peanuts.  

I don’t think they have told them to bolt, as yet. 

1 minute ago, Hesh said:

Hilarious 

I think there was a dose of irony in that post mate. Or I hope so.

Love these threads, so many folk getting bent out of shape, it’s just a job to him. You do your best while your with your current employer, you get a new one you do your best with them.

Personally not happy with that choice of employer but that’s my problem. Suspect no one will give a toss anyway by the end of the year. 

Edited by Hesh

These pre-contracts should be illegal during a season within the same league, as is the process in other leagues. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I can't see anything good coming out of this outcome as we are left with a player making sure, in his head at least, not to risk injury. Yes he would still have to impress to keep his Scotland place but he might do that selectively. 

He really needs to go now and allow us to bring in another player. No way will the vast majority of supporters get behind him and we will almost certainly make our feelings known. 

2 minutes ago, Holtie said:

Am I the only one who has consistently worried he is only one tackle away from, yet another, serious injury. I’m not sorry to see him go ….it just the timing and lack of cash that a bummer!!

No always worried me too, not now he's signed a pre contract though , not our problem.

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He gets injured badly and Rangers can walk away.

A pre contract is a commitment by the player, not the club. 

Thanks. I didn't appreciate that. 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, davemclaren said:

I don’t think they have told them to bolt, as yet. 

I think he will go for peanuts this window.  They've tried to get him on the cheap and get him in today though, we've told them to bolt in that respect. 

He has potential to be brilliant but also 1 tackle away from being finished completely, not the best centre back we ever had and won't be the last that chase the old scum pound 

2 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Hilarious 

To be fair, I think it's hilarious Rangers are signing him on the back of that performance.

I'm not overly fussed about him going partly because of his injury history.

Leveins Battalion

Would not surprise me to see Souttar injured again soon and be out for the season,only averages 20 games a season.

Just get the finger out and sign a replacement.

10 minutes ago, OTT said:

**** Souttar and his horrible selfish snakey ratlike decision. Hope his next shites a hedgehog and the strain snaps his achilles. 

:rofl:

Not decided yet if I'm fully on board with this sentiment, but it's a marvellous turn of phrase.

7 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

They were quick enough to give Damour and Martin massive contract and Aidy White. Also Colin Doyle for job security with his family under the pervious regime.

And what does that tell you?

31 minutes ago, ramrod said:

He didn't have to sign a pre contract mid season he could have simply ran his contract down,  that's the Salient point here 

Not really.  Rangers don’t need him now. He has been signed as Goldsons replacement for next season. If he hadn’t signed the deal with them they might not have come back for him in summer. 

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I think he will go for peanuts this window.  They've tried to get him on the cheap and get him in today though, we've told them to bolt in that respect. 

Depends what you term peanuts for someone with 6 months to run on their contract. 

This astounds me. Look at where McGinn is now after turning his back on the uglies. Souttar could’ve done the same with Blackburn. 🤷🏻‍♂️But no, I’ll head west to the fishbowl. Truly baffling.

heartgarfunkel

Play him every game, NEVER sub him unless very seriously injured.  He can prove his professionalism and heart by running 90 minutes plus for his current employer at every opportunity as he is such a committed employee.

Naisys Tackle

Thing is there's loads of clubs that hate the huns.  All it takes is one mad challenge from Celtic player, Hibs player, Aberdeen player, Dundee Utd Player ( he bumped them) and he's lying on his arse playing for a team injured that he's shiting on to join they rats.

25 minutes ago, Homme said:

I reckon he will be playing. 

We are always banging in about doing things the right way so that players want to come to our club.

Imagine trying to convince new players to sign because you've spat the dummy and isolated a player because he wants to move on.

We've got other players who can fit in and will be here next season. Play them.

Our message to prospective players shouldn't be 'come here and walk all over us without any consequences'. It should be 'come here, do right by us and we will do right by you'.

We have shown more than enough support to Souttar over the years with sticking by him through multiple long term injuries and as soon as he gets a decent injury free run he buggers off. You can argue that that's just a result of it coinciding with the end of his contract, but you can be damn sure that if his contract still had 18 months left then Rangers would be knocking on the door and he would be pushing for a move. At least then though we would get some value from him.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, davemclaren said:

Depends what you term peanuts for someone with 6 months to run on their contract. 

We know with the huns history it will be mate. 

Just now, heartgarfunkel said:

Play him every game, NEVER sub him unless very seriously injured.  He can prove his professionalism and heart by running 90 minutes plus for his current employer at every opportunity as he is such a committed employee.

Agreed. I’m sure he will put a shift in.

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

Funny watching you all getting uptight.  He’s a footballer doing what’s right for him.  We move on.

Would it be funny for you if it was Celtic? 

27 minutes ago, OTT said:

Boak. 

Theres a right and proper way to go about your business and he's absolutely not done that. 

Club not even informed by the looks of things. The same club that nursed him through 3 serious injuries and has paid his wages for the last 6 years.

You are just making that up. Of course the club knew about it. He can’t go through a medical with another club without current employers ok’ing it. 

4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Think you’re right on that mate. ***** just spent £100m to win their first trophy so you can understand their penny pinching. 

He's not a total idiot, he knows full well he's incured the wrath of the entire support.

He's stuck 2 fingers up at the club and every single supporter with his actions.

He's also done it looking into the eyes of team mates who've commited themselves to the club.

He has no place left at the club.

Get rid asap.

All roads lead to Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Play him at Auchinleck Talbot to get him cup tied. 

He would probably pull a mystery muscle when told to warm up, old squirm players past and future are known to do that. 

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Play him at Auchinleck Talbot to get him cup tied. 

use him as a sub for the last 5 minutes, that  would be best

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Zico said:

Think you’re right on that mate. ***** just spent £100m to win their first trophy so you can understand their penny pinching. 

In an ideal world they ***** go bust again and Soapy shites on them like McGregor and goes down South when the next Craig Whyte comes along. 

As much as I've not got time for a certain former manager I feel for him tonight.  He will be raging and upset the amount he personally has put into Souttars career and Hearts have given him for it to end up like this. 

It's a tricky one, rangers are a basket case of a club and will offer nothing for him, they don't actually need him just now anyway, they also will offer no sell on clause either, why would they? I suspect he is staying put and hearts will play him, could backfire massively as fans will turn on him and it'll get ugly. Will be interesting on Tuesday night

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)