Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

LarrysRightFoot
12 minutes ago, H2 said:

He's human, he's done what the majority of you would have done and looked after his interests first and foremost. How many of you would stay with your employer when another will triple your wages?

Good luck to him.

I agree to an extent but the fact we stood by him through 3 major injuries it feels like he owed us something. Also, I don’t want him to do well there. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Won’t get a game.  Will end up one of those pointless Hun signings.  

I don’t normally get bothered about players leaving , even to the old firm (it’s the nature of the game),  but something doesn’t sit right with this one.  

Too soon after nursing him back from serious injury, I think?

Its vile. Morally the right and proper thing to do was to sign an extension and go either now, or in the summer down south for a fee. 

He's done the club stinking and by the tone of the statement on our website he didn't even have the decency to let them know ahead of time he'd signed a contract already. 

I hope we make him see out his contract for doing that.

Clarke won't pick players who aren't playing, so he can have fun in the reserves training with the kids whilst Gordon and our other internationals go off. 

Absolute welt of a laddie. 

A Shoreditch Heart

he's a good footballer and I wish him a long and injury free career, but get him out of our club now and send him packing to that horrible shower of bigoted nonsense toot sweet - goodbye John!

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Scott Leitch said:

Booing him when/if he plays for us again will really help the rest of the players! 

it certainly won’t.. and that’s why he must be sold 

or benched..

He cannot play.  

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

will last for one game.. and then the strength of the fan reaction will alter that stance. 

Taylor -Moore or smith should start ahead of soapy 

I totally agree.  He should gtf. 

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I'm not a gambling man.   Told you though. 

How much money are we getting?

19 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Hearts releasing a statement is ****ing pathetic. Why we coming out saying he’s an important member of the 1st team squad.

He shouldn’t be anywhere near our team from now on. The fans will be on his back until the summer, any mistake he makes will be down to him not wanting to be here, and when we play Rangers he’ll be accused of not trying (& against Celtic he’ll be trying to hard) 

Send him out on loan (like Walker) until his contract runs down, or sit him in the stand & train on his own. 

Robbie always bullshits about transfers,  if he says we are after 5 then it weakens our position, same with transfers out

If TheRangers want him now it will cost them 

Jean Louis Valois

Call me a cynic, and I hope this isn't the case. But I hope the few ex sevco players we have in our club haven't been in his ear encouraging this move. 

16 minutes ago, H2 said:

He's human, he's done what the majority of you would have done and looked after his interests first and foremost. How many of you would stay with your employer when another will triple your wages?

Good luck to him.

Good luck my arse. **** him .

Jean Louis Valois

Call me a cynic, and I hope this isn't the case. But I hope the few ex sevco players we have in our club haven't been in his ear encouraging this move. 

Jean Louis Valois

Would rather he went down England, Rangers taking a risk but if he can stay fit, there's a good chance they will get a fee for him. 

15 minutes ago, H2 said:

Good luck to him.

Not many people give 6 months notice to their existing employers though. It's a job like others to players but to fans it's beyond that.

Any player that signs a pre contract with a team in the same league and thinks they can continue to turn out for their current team whilst everyone watching knows they’ve ran their contract down and committed to rival is ****ing deluded. 

A Shoreditch Heart
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

it certainly won’t.. and that’s why he must be sold 

or benched..

He cannot play.  

there is no way he will play for us again 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

How much money are we getting?

no idea mate.  not enough anyway so fair play to the club for telling them to bolt as it it was obviously peanuts.  

Morgaro Gomis
5 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Are they though? Sky likes to convince the world the championship is this ‘amazing’ league that’s the envy of all but when it comes down to it it’s still a second division.
I hate the OF as much as anyone but it’s ****ing sad hearing Scots claim playing for mediocre English 2nd division side that competes to be relegated from the Premiership the following year is somehow ‘above’ regularly winning Scottish trophies and playing in Europe. Money is literally the only reason to go there. 

Sorry - I was talking purely money in regards to my post given then person I responded to was talking about quadrupling his wages.

He should be investigated for matchfixing given the amount of space he gave Aribo to score against us. Clearly had this move planned all along. 🖕🐍

26 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Robbie is going to play his strongest 11 and that will include Souttar. Whether we like it or not

The abuse from the stands will

mean the team will ultimately be upset. He may play 1 or 2 games but I cant see the point. Hes gone, his head is elsewhere, we need to play without him sooner or later. Be as well being sooner or upset the dynamic of this team and see performances suffer. Theres no point in him hanging about like a bad smell infecting the place. Hes a dead man walking. 
He needs to go or train with the laddies for the sake of the rest of the team. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Would rather he went down England, Rangers taking a risk but if he can stay fit, there's a good chance they will get a fee for him. 

You’re obsessed with churning over players for profit. 

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

Its vile. Morally the right and proper thing to do was to sign an extension and go either now, or in the summer down south for a fee. 

He's done the club stinking and by the tone of the statement on our website he didn't even have the decency to let them know ahead of time he'd signed a contract already. 

I hope we make him see out his contract for doing that.

Clarke won't pick players who aren't playing, so he can have fun in the reserves training with the kids whilst Gordon and our other internationals go off. 

Absolute welt of a laddie. 

Agree. There’s this whole bull##### about some fans and the wider football public accepting this is just the scenario and it’s viewed that players can act without decency and a conscience.  “It’s about their livelihood”

I know clubs can stiff players too but there has to be a balance.  As you say, all he had to do was sign an extension to help the club, show a bit class and respect towards the club.  No one would’ve bothered as much.  

Edited by Debut 4

**** TheRangers and **** Souttar but if anyone thinks we would have not dumped him if injuries had finished his career is deluded. This might be his only big pay day, its shite but it's life 

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah,  if he thinks Tuesday will be a fond farewell he's in for a surprise. 

It's gonna be a side show and effect the team, he can't play. 

He’ certainly won’t be getting a thank you and good luck from me on Tuesday night 😡😡😡

I do think it could be a problem if he plays , need to be focussing on the team rather than that rangers fud 

Just now, neilnunb said:

He should be investigated for matchfixing given the amount of space he gave Aribo to score against us. Clearly had this move planned all along. 🖕🐍

Wow that's Celtic level right there 

27 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Robbie is going to play his strongest 11 and that will include Souttar. Whether we like it or not

Another reason fur Neilson to bolt

11 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

We’ll get **** all. Dreaming if you think otherwise. 

So on that basis would you have been happier if our statement had said we would now be talking to Souttar with the aim of immediately terminating his contract by mutual consent?

I actually think the most likely option is that Rangers will aim to get him for a pittance but won't want to pay a decent amount for him unless Goldson or someone else moves on this window. In that scenario I think the club may want to keep him and play him. This season has to be about coming 3rd given the potential European implications. As the 3rd best team in the country we also have a half decent chance in the cup. It is easy to ask 'why play him over someone committed long-term to the club?' But for Neilson the answer is obvious, because we are more likely to win games with him in the team than a lower standard player on a longer contract (or in the case of Taylor Moore the same length of contract).

1 minute ago, Bozi said:

**** TheRangers and **** Souttar but if anyone thinks we would have not dumped him if injuries had finished his career is deluded. This might be his only big pay day, its shite but it's life 

Life my arse! 

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t care if he’s a good guy. I don’t care if Morelos rescues baby kittens or McGregor spends his weekends working in a soup kitchen. He’s just another hun prick but added to that left in the worst possible way to one of only 3 clubs he knew the fans would be raging at. He knows fine well he’d get grief so **** him. 

Dont disagree with a word of that 👍.

In fact you have basically made the same point in more emphatic terms 😁

Clark Griswold
28 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

In that case it’s going to be a toxic atmosphere on Tuesday 

1 minute ago, Bozi said:

We paid for his recovery. Is your argument here if he couldn't play again would we still pay him 5kish a week? Mental

11 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Rangers know that with 99% of the Hearts support pledging to boo his every touch, Robbie can't play him and we will be forced to accept a derisory offer that will be publicised as a nominal fee. 

Only way we can get a reasonable fee in January is if we all accept his decision and make it clear we will support him playing for us til the summer. But there's no way that will happen.

Best scenario is if we can loan him to an English club for the rest of the team and save his wages. But that seems unlikely.

John Souttar also knows this, which makes his decision even worse. No thought for Hearts at all, infact the opposite, how much he can help the huns and inturn **** us over. 

Edited by EH11 2NL

1 minute ago, Bozi said:

Really? Because I'm fairly certain both Dale Carrick and Angus Beith who have both had their careers utterly ruined by injury have both been well looked after by the club, employed as youth coaches and been put through their badges. 

**** Souttar and his horrible selfish snakey ratlike decision. Hope his next shites a hedgehog and the strain snaps his achilles. 

Just now, OTT said:

Really? Because I'm fairly certain both Dale Carrick and Angus Beith who have both had their careers utterly ruined by injury have both been well looked after by the club, employed as youth coaches and been put through their badges. 

**** Souttar and his horrible selfish snakey ratlike decision. Hope his next shites a hedgehog and the strain snaps his achilles. 

I can get on board with this post

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

You’re obsessed with churning over players for profit. 

No im in reality that, the only way we will ever get close to Rangers or Celtic, is to secure investment or make it by selling assets. 

Reality is we aren't on Celtic and Rangers level, but hopefully we can work towards that. 

Just now, Baxfee said:

Hope hearts play hardball. If no big fee, keep him till the last minute of his contract. Piss soapy and the huns off 

Yeah, 100% I'll be gutted if we take the blue pound and let that rodent off with an easy shift. 

6 months, wall to wall abuse. Hope he enjoys it. 

Graeme Russell

Sorry to see him leave but the club are in the best position in years thanks to Savage.

Hope he stays injury free for the rest of his career and good luck.

13 minutes ago, Boab said:

The most telling part of the club statement is the word squad in “ John remains an important part of the first team squad...”

We'll see if he plays on Tuesday !

Correct. 😎

The only way we should see him in a Hearts strip again, is if there a major covid outbreak and we have no choice.

Under Budges Hearts we're too soft to do that though. We seen it with Zlamal going to St Mirren. "Only Hearts" is nothing  more than a marketing slogan.

Let him train with the kids. No privileges and.no win bonuses

Edited by Jonkel Hoon

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)