Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I think he’s average there is not a game goes by when one of his team mates helps him out the shit , I’ve seen milk turn quicker and his positional sense is woeful also there’s no telling when the career ending tackle will hit .Take what we can get now and play the guys who want to play for us , I think he will have splinters in his arse the time he’ll warm the bench at the shithole that is ibroke

👍said the same on another thread.  Nothing like the player some think he is. Certainly never had any bids of significance for him at any time in his six years with us. Think that is very telling. Fairly easily replaced, just take what we can get and move on. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

30 minutes ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

I'm in 2 minds. Maybe we try an get him off the wage bill so we can use that for a new signing.

But then, we can't allow ourselves to be bullied. Sets a bad precedent 

We are not being bullied if Rangers decide they will wait until summer for him. A move n January actually only suits us if we get a decent fee. Doesn’t suit Rangers and doesn’t suit Souttar because he won’t get a game every week if he moves this month. 

Folk who really rated John, now basically calling him crap/mediocre/slow/going to end his career early.

How very Hibs.  

:facepalm:

number witheld
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

He shouldn’t be in a position to be abused. He’s chosen Rangers and reading their statement this has been in the pipeline for some time. He could’ve signed a short extension with a release amount but no just shaft the club who looked after him. So if there’s no money coming then sit him in his house for 6 months. Not a chance he’ll be committed to us in every game, he’s a liability from this point forward.

Why would he sign an extension that may lessen his chances of getting a life changing deal? 

As previously stated, I am really not impressed by Souttar's decision to move to Ibrox. That said, some of the comments I have read on social media today have been way out of line. Wishing for the guy to suffer a career ending injury is, dare I say it, Hun like behaviour. That rubbish needs knocked on the head. It's embarrassing and totally uncalled for. I hope Souttar doesn't win a single medal as long as he pulls on a Sevco jersey but I certainly do not want to see the boy's career ended by a serious injury. Perhaps the people who are saying these things should take a look back at the career path of Dave McPherson and take a moment to reflect on the things they are saying. Just saying........

number witheld
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Folk who really rated John, now basically calling him crap/mediocre/slow/going to end his career early.

How very Hibs.  

Anyone who says he no good is wrong. He’s is very good and also a huge part of our attack. Think of his passing. He is quality. 

1 minute ago, No Idle Talk said:

As previously stated, I am really not impressed by Souttar's decision to move to Ibrox. That said, some of the comments I have read on social media today have been way out of line. Wishing for the guy to suffer a career ending injury is, dare I say it, Hun like behaviour. That rubbish needs knocked on the head. It's embarrassing and totally uncalled for. I hope Souttar doesn't win a single medal as long as he pulls on a Sevco jersey but I certainly do not want to see the boy's career ended by a serious injury. Perhaps the people who are saying these things should take a look back at the career path of Dave McPherson and take a moment to reflect on the things they are saying. Just saying........

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

1 minute ago, No Idle Talk said:

:2thumbsup:

1 minute ago, number witheld said:

Anyone who says he no good is wrong. He’s is very good and also a huge part of our attack. Think of his passing. He is quality. 

All about opinions.  Ball watcher as Aribo’s goal proved.  Bombscare moment in many games. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

👍said the same on another thread.  Nothing like the player some think he is. Certainly never had any bids of significance for him at any time in his six years with us. Think that is very telling. Fairly easily replaced, just take what we can get and move on. 

Agreed 

1 minute ago, number witheld said:

He definitely is.  👍

4 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Meh folk are just ****** off and venting. 

Dagger Is Back
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

How very Hibs.  

Spot on.

If he was as shit as some folks are saying, then why the big fuss about him leaving?

He’s a good football player and the reason folk are pissed is because his departure weakens us and strengthens them.

If he was Eartha Kitt we’d be offering to drive him there.

Bad news day for me but better players than JS have left HMFC. 

We’ll move on as we always do. 

Just a timely reminder of how far we have to go to close that gap between us and the arse cheeks.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, number witheld said:

Could you give us a list of goals he’s set up or scored in the last six years? I’m going for well under ten? He hits about one in a hundred long passes that are rarely in front of the player anyway. Totally overrated and will be found out there if they rely on him in the CL, look at the cannon fodder that were after him. 

Should be stripped of the captaincy immediately and if the Huns don't come up with what we want, he trains with the kids until his contract is done.

Incredible way to treat the club that has rehabbed him on full salary for years.

Hope he never plays for Hearts again.

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

How very Hibs.  

I rate him. He will go on to the next level and unfortunately it looks like it will be with Sevco. 
It’s a kick in the teeth especially if we have aspersions of winning the league. I do wonder sometimes who ambitions the club have when we can’t hold on to good players. I also realise it’s down to the players but sometimes we need to push the boat out to secure our assets that will win us the league. 

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

Should be stripped of the captaincy immediately and if the Huns don't come up with what we want, he trains with the kids until his contract is done.

Incredible way to treat the club that has rehabbed him on full salary for years.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

We got decent money for Macpherson and he was welcomed back, Souttar wouldn’t be. Macpherson was also a far better player. 

9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

How very Hibs.  

It is a bit, mate.

If he had extended his contract it would have been Rolls Royce of a player etc etc !

Fickle is the word !

He's a great player but still young.

Fire_At_The_Disco
2 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Nail on the head, not one stitch of loyalty shown. 

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Could you give us a list of goals he’s set up or scored in the last six years? I’m going for well under ten? He hits about one in a hundred long passes that are rarely in front of the player anyway. Totally overrated and will be found out there if they rely on him in the CL, look at the cannon fodder that were after him. 

I doubt he'll be found out there. He is one of the best defenders in our league. If he does get found out in Europe then he will be joining a long list of SPFL defenders who have done so in the last twenty or so years. He's signed for Rangers, not Liverpool. He's a very good SPFL defender and I'm sure he'll do well at a domestic level and probably for the national team. 

Do I wish him well? Well no, I hope he's a failure there but I don't think that will be the case. 

The main thing is that he is replaceable though. He's not Paulo Maldini. 

Салатные палочки
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We got decent money for Macpherson and he was welcomed back, Souttar wouldn’t be. Macpherson was also a far better player. 

Now that I will agree with. 100x the player. 

For all parties it would be best if he leaves now. He'll get a terrible reception at Tynecastle if he plays v St Johnstone.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So is our coaching staff and manager, but we back them? 

Our backroom team have also signed a pre contract with Rangers? 

:silviodamn:

Fire_At_The_Disco
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

When was he captain? 

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

When was he captain? 

He has been captain and for the last few seasons vice captain 😉

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I doubt he'll be found out there. He is one of the best defenders in our league. If he does get found out in Europe then he will be joining a long list of SPFL defenders who have done so in the last twenty or so years. He's signed for Rangers, not Liverpool. He's a very good SPFL defender and I'm sure he'll do well at a domestic level and probably for the national team. 

Do I wish him well? Well no, I hope he's a failure there but I don't think that will be the case. 

The main thing is that he is replaceable though. He's not Paulo Maldini. 

He’s not as good as Goldson and he’s no world beater, he will be hunted by Xmas I reckon. 
There’s barely a good defender in the whole league to be honest in the true sense of the word that’s worth more than a few million in the real world. More Hickey price range than Paterson. As for the national team he’s about 7th choice when everyone’s with midfielders and left backs ahead of him. We can but wait and see. Worst rating out of our back three. 

45EB841A-970C-43BF-AAE7-F215319335C8.jpeg

4E74289A-79E1-4688-A8CE-6325CFF03DE5.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

I don’t blame the club for this situation. We offered a previous extension post injury and couldn’t offers deal until fully fit again. By the time he was back at the end of the championship it was too late. This is when he should have repaid us but only cared about his wallet. Don’t think his teammates will be too happy

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Now that I will agree with. 100x the player. 

There’s a way to deal with moving back and forward to the uglies, Souttar has gone about it the wrong way. 

2 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Poster said he should be stripped of captaincy - he isn’t captain. 

Fire_At_The_Disco
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Poster said he should be stripped of captaincy - he isn’t captain. 

Stop being picky, a vice captain is a captain. He was also full captain on many occasions when Naismith was sidelined in 2020-21 season……looks to me like your picking a fight with a respected poster so I expect you will lose anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️

Jangling Jack
12 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

For all parties it would be best if he leaves now. He'll get a terrible reception at Tynecastle if he plays v St Johnstone.

I'll be booing the bellend until my eardrums explode. 

Think signing for rangers indicates he is after the big bucks knowing that his career is one injury away from being finished. Ok he might get a few medals. Ask big dave macpherson which medal.gave him the most satisfaction

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I don’t blame the club for this situation. We offered a previous extension post injury and couldn’t offers deal until fully fit again. By the time he was back at the end of the championship it was too late. This is when he should have repaid us but only cared about his wallet. Don’t think his teammates will be too happy

I think his teammates will all wish him good luck and say players have a limited shelf life, and that he should make as much as possible before he retires. 

Personally I think that's a little bit narrow minded as players are only in their mid 30s when they finish and easily have the funds and time to have a second career.

For me souttar has gone to Rangers for the trophies, if he had true ambition to show and realise his potential he would have went down south where the real big boys play.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

You need to be in the team to be either, he’s played about 30 games in the last two and a half seasons. 

Fire_At_The_Disco
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

You need to be in the team to be either, he’s played about 30 games in the last two and a half seasons. 

He’s still vice captain no? 

1 minute ago, brux said:

I think his teammates will all wish him good luck and say players have a limited shelf life, and that he should make as much as possible before he retires. 

Personally I think that's a little bit narrow minded as players are only in their mid 30s when they finish and easily have the funds and time to have a second career.

For me souttar has gone to Rangers for the trophies, if he had true ambition to show and realise his potential he would have went down south where the real big boys play.

It’s all about opinions. Pre contracts are different to usual transfers. He could have pushed for a permanent move. Should have went down south to a championship team and more chance of playing in the premiership.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Stop being picky, a vice captain is a captain. He was also full captain on many occasions when Naismith was sidelined in 2020-21 season……looks to me like your picking a fight with a respected poster so I expect you will lose anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️

He played 4 games in the 20-21 season 🤷🏾‍♂️?

Clark Griswold

FWIW from the moment I saw Souttar play in the famous maroon jersey I thought he was class, great passer, can ping the odd diag and has been our best defender for years IMO. It’s just such a shame it had to end this way

The White Cockade
34 minutes ago, Morgan said:

How very Hibs.  

It’s the Kickback way!

Aye it’s hard to take him going there but the abuse and the career ending injury chat is an absolute joke from the keyboard warrior brigade 

Grow up ffs

46 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Not like you to offer the contrary view. 

As much of my post was factual struggling to see how it could also be contrary ?

Fire_At_The_Disco
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He played 4 games in the 20-21 season 🤷🏾‍♂️?

5 actually but nm I’m done with it 🙄

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

The way this world works it wouldn't surprise me if he comes back wearing blue and leaves on a stretcher.

Karma some might say, not me obviously.

9 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Bull. He has never been official club captain. When is a vice capt ever a captain ?  Only when the main man is missing. 

31 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Exactly! Stick him in the canteen for all i care. I do not want him anywhere near the first team again!

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)