Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

husref musemic
2 minutes ago, Kxf51 said:

He had three serious injuries and we didn't dump him.

He's a rat. get rid now.

correct!

Two non playing years we rehab'd & supported him when he could well have been finished. To then sneak out the door for nothing to those tramps is really disappointing.

Hopefully something can be arranged & he gets to F before Tuesday.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

Just now, soonbe110 said:

You are just making that up. Of course the club knew about it. He can’t go through a medical with another club without current employers ok’ing it. 

I'm going by the tone of the statement. I'm not making anything up, just going by my own interpretation of what the club said. 

'Heart of Midlothian Football Club notes Rangers Football Club’s announcement', Prior knowledge would have a different wording, notes is present/current, like they're finding out now too.

Anyway, I'm going to go back to bashing the belly crawling snake. 👍

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

In an ideal world they ***** go bust again and Soapy shites on them like McGregor and goes down South when the next Craig Whyte comes along. 

As much as I've not got time for a certain former manager I feel for him tonight.  He will be raging and upset the amount he personally has put into Souttars career and Hearts have given him for it to end up like this. 

Good point, hadn’t thought of that. Especially considering the setbacks he had, support he got and loyalty he showed. 

no problem with him playing by the transfer rules but with his injury record he would have to be the dumbest idiot in scotland to be going for any 50/50, he cant possibly line up for us.

as for the fans getting on his back, walker got it tight for watching a sevco game, he's got no chance of escaping, the 1st missed tacle/ goal against he will cop it. that all drags down the atmospere towards the whole team, the crowd will spend all their time having a go rather than supporting us. sitting in the stand till his contracts up is the only sensible thing to do.

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

And what does that tell you?

It tells me whoever was dishing out 3/4 year deals to utter crap we scouted or watched on YouTube must of been blind. Regardless if Souttar was injured they knew his prospects and could of had some belief he came over it and got back to his best. 

No point getting upset over it he has signed the pre contract and I think Hearts off the park is ran a lot different than we were two years ago for the better.

3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

He's not a total idiot, he knows full well he's incured the wrath of the entire support.

He's stuck 2 fingers up at the club and every single supporter with his actions.

He's also done it looking into the eyes of team mates who've commited themselves to the club.

He has no place left at the club.

Get rid asap.

at the same time, he'll be saying to the Sevco fans, stuff Hearts, it's only Sevco I care about. You got £16m for a reserve right back and got me a Scottish international for nowt. He'll be saying to them "It's Sevco and only Sevco that I care about". plus of course the dosh in his pocket. He couldn't give a stuff about Hearts

Robbies right hand man

Get him training with the youth squad for the rest of the season, and sitting in the stands.

He will he concerned about getting another injury before moving to that horrible institution.

His heart won’t be in it either. 

Also, **** him. We showed him loyalty and he showed us none.

Edited by Robbies right hand man

2 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

no problem with him playing by the transfer rules but with his injury record he would have to be the dumbest idiot in scotland to be going for any 50/50, he cant possibly line up for us.

as for the fans getting on his back, walker got it tight for watching a sevco game, he's got no chance of escaping, the 1st missed tacle/ goal against he will cop it. that all drags down the atmospere towards the whole team, the crowd will spend all their time having a go rather than supporting us. sitting in the stand till his contracts up is the only sensible thing to do.

Put the creep on toilet cleaning duty until his contract is up! Feck him!

How on earth can he ever play for the us again ffs, no chance, if he did, one slip and he will get utter pelters, get him out the door.

Let him train with the kids for the rest of the season. Would imagine he will be on around £3k or so a week with us x 20 weeks left until the end of the season so will only cost us about £60k. Would prefer to pay that than letting him join the huns for sweeties now. Sends a message to them that they can't feck us over. Also, means he loses out on 20 weeks x £20k at der hun = £400k from now til may. They both lose out. May also affect his Scotland place. Feck him. He made his bed. If he'd agreed to join Blackburn or Stoke, we could have been more accommodating. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Tail end of last season he came back and looked good, that was the time to do it. If a deal wasn't forthcoming then getting rid over the summer while we had time on our side was the smart thing to do. 

Not enough games for a club to gamble on.

Stuff him, by agreeing to the pre contract before a January fee he is basically saying he is prepared to be frozen out and give up his Scotland place for now. That was our bargaining chip to get a satisfactory fee.

If rangers don't cough up then we need to have the balls to follow through and send him to train with the youths 

5 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

It tells me whoever was dishing out 3/4 year deals to utter crap we scouted or watched on YouTube must of been blind. Regardless if Souttar was injured they knew his prospects and could of had some belief he came over it and got back to his best. 

No point getting upset over it he has signed the pre contract and I think Hearts off the park is ran a lot different than we were two years ago for the better.

Fair enough. 👍

The Grim Reaper
23 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

So on that basis would you have been happier if our statement had said we would now be talking to Souttar with the aim of immediately terminating his contract by mutual consent?

I actually think the most likely option is that Rangers will aim to get him for a pittance but won't want to pay a decent amount for him unless Goldson or someone else moves on this window. In that scenario I think the club may want to keep him and play him. This season has to be about coming 3rd given the potential European implications. As the 3rd best team in the country we also have a half decent chance in the cup. It is easy to ask 'why play him over someone committed long-term to the club?' But for Neilson the answer is obvious, because we are more likely to win games with him in the team than a lower standard player on a longer contract (or in the case of Taylor Moore the same length of contract).

The whole situation is a mess. I completely acknowledge there are mitigating circumstances with regards to  Souttar, injuries, demotion etc. 

I do however think he’ll go to Rangers for **** all which is massive kick in the nuts. Hopefully this is the last time we allow top players at our club to run down their contracts and leave for nothing. 

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Robbie starts him on Tuesday and he’s booed to ****. The club then blames the fans for being forced to sell him on the cheap due to the toxic atmosphere surrounding the PCA. 

Without Craig Gordon behind him, bailing him out all the time, he’s shite - Halkett should also thrive now not covering his sidekick.

Really really felt for him with his injuries, but id laugh like fuvk if it happened again - ratty wee *****.

6 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

at the same time, he'll be saying to the Sevco fans, stuff Hearts, it's only Sevco I care about. You got £16m for a reserve right back and got me a Scottish international for nowt. He'll be saying to them "It's Sevco and only Sevco that I care about". plus of course the dosh in his pocket. He couldn't give a stuff about Hearts

Or give me a chance to play and I'll give you 100% between now and the end of the season. 

The right thing to do would have been to sign a one year extension whereby we could still have sold him in this window where we got a decent fee with a sell in clause. But he didn’t so **** him.

I’ll support him while he plays in maroon and when he moves, I seriously hope the green arse cheek win the league for the whole duration of his time with the blue arse cheek. We will never win the league whilst the duopoly remain. The best we can hope for is a few cups along the way, split between us and the rest.

Hopefully sevco win phukkk all during soapys tenure with these tax dodging bassas. This is a painful one to take but I certainly won’t abuse him whilst he still plays for us. 

50 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

We’ll get **** all. Dreaming if you think otherwise. 

We'll get something I reckon, but it won't be a fortune. The way it's all gone we'll have to take what rangers offer because he must go in this window and rangers know it and have probably engineered the whole thing.

1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

Why did we bother to help him in his time of need. Not pleased with this at all. Loyalty means nothing nowadays 

Rehabilitation for an injured player is hardly some grand noble gesture on the club's behalf.

Get rid ASAP and move on.  Much better players than him have left and he'll leave with no well wishes.  A shame, but that's his choice

south morocco

Hopefully never see him in the team again. Will cause a sideshow when we’re having a decent season. We should move on without him from now on

2 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Why did we bother to help him in his time of need. Not pleased with this at all. Loyalty means nothing nowadays 

Waste of time and money, I genuinely thought he'd sign an extension.

I wouldn't even let him train with the kids, he can train on his own.

Knew this would happen. It just makes too much sense for him. Championship clubs can pay him lots of money, but Sevco can offer him silverware, guaranteed European football and to be first choice for Scotland, as well as (somehow) paying him lots of money. And he doesn’t even have to move.

As I’ve said before, what annoys me is that doubtless he will never be injured playing for them, and be sold on for a big fee that nobody would pay us.

Walter Bishop

Makes you wonder how long this has been in the planning and questions have to be asked how committed he was when we played them last month. Also when he “smashed” Griffiths in Dundee game, what set of fans was he playing to? 🤷🏼‍♂️

C3893E2C-BE1B-4EE9-861C-DB97F8D56545.jpeg

Pretty disappointing but not surprising when it comes to Scottish players. Take the money and get rid now. I wouldn’t play him if they don’t pay what we think is fair. 

Remember Paul Ritchie !!

Wouldn't put it past sevco to be onto a money making enterprise.

In a previous incarnation, sevco got Ritchie for nothing on a Bosman, never played him, and punted him to Man City for half a mill !

Jambof3tornado

Too casual for his own good and prone to errors. Sticks in the throat that he could easily have signed an extension to ensure we got something.

We've lost much better players than Soapy.

Fitzroy Pointon

Would rather he just went now even it if is for peanuts. Don't really want him hanging around the club like a bad smell. 

30 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Play him at Auchinleck Talbot to get him cup tied. 

He wont be cup tied unless he goes there this season. Its a pre season contract not a transfer. 

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

He wont be cup tied unless he goes there this season. Its a pre season contract not a transfer. 

Oh yeah

Duh 🤪

4 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Makes you wonder how long this has been in the planning and questions have to be asked how committed he was when we played them last month. Also when he “smashed” Griffiths in Dundee game, what set of fans was he playing to? 🤷🏼‍♂️

C3893E2C-BE1B-4EE9-861C-DB97F8D56545.jpeg

Sticks in ma craw that. He can GTF. Im actually hoping Hearts play him so I can vent at him!!!

4 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Knew this would happen. It just makes too much sense for him. Championship clubs can pay him lots of money, but Sevco can offer him silverware, guaranteed European football and to be first choice for Scotland, as well as (somehow) paying him lots of money. And he doesn’t even have to move.

As I’ve said before, what annoys me is that doubtless he will never be injured playing for them, and be sold on for a big fee that nobody would pay us.

I reckon Rangers will get half a season out him or they might not even get a full pre season 🤣

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Remember Paul Ritchie !!

Wouldn't put it past sevco to be onto a money making enterprise.

In a previous incarnation, sevco got Ritchie for nothing on a Bosman, never played him, and punted him to Man City for half a mill !

This new Rangers mob aren't interested in making money only spending what they dont have.

A_A wehatethehibs

3 minutes ago, Kxf51 said:

Waste of time and money, I genuinely thought he'd sign an extension.

I wouldn't even let him train with the kids, he can train on his own.

Yep, he’s no longer a Hearts player from this moment onwards. Required to report to the Oriam during work hours then free to go but essentially on garden leave. Season is over for him at Hearts 

Captain Lithuania

Absolute rat. I understand we were obligated to support him through his injury but going to Rangers is unforgivable. 

Hope his next injury is his biggest yet. If we’re not getting a fee stick him in the reserves, **** him. 

6 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Surely it’s not official yet?

C513CC65-66BC-48D3-904D-126285D0F914.jpeg

No he not an important member of the first team he’s a rat that should be run out of town. Don’t play him, don’t let him train with the first team, don’t even let him sit in the canteen.

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)