Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

Don’t want any hearts player playing week in & week out when on a pre contract with the old firm. Sell him now or bench him. We will be without him next anyway, might as well start now. 

Take money from rangers, get a sell on fee & additional instalment if they win the league or get champs league group stages. 

1 minute ago, H2 said:

He's human, he's done what the majority of you would have done and looked after his interests first and foremost. How many of you would stay with your employer when another will triple your wages?

Good luck to him.

🤢

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Absolutely no way should we allow him to go to Rangers now regardless of what some on here are saying .

We play him till his form drops then we bench him

That is the only way we can play this now.

big 50:50 challenge you think he goes in full bloodied? I’m torn as to whether to sell or just bench him to set a future precedent.  Either way he can’t play.  

2 minutes ago, H2 said:

He's human, he's done what the majority of you would have done and looked after his interests first and foremost. How many of you would stay with your employer when another will triple your wages?

Good luck to him.

If my employer stuck by me through a potential career ending injury and paid for my recovery I'd show them a good amount of respect.

I get the career aspirations etc but it just doesn't sit right with me how he's gone about it

Edited by Steak

Morgaro Gomis
1 minute ago, H2 said:

Good luck to him.

Except he had offers which would have been as good as, if not better than, from down south. Good luck to him? Nonsense. I hope his career nosedives.

5 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Incorrect. Someone that's just signed a pre contract with them deserves full barrel from every side of tynecastle. Thankfully you're in the minority here and he'll get what he deserves. 

Absolutely. 

Also think this is piss poor behaviour and it will be disappointing to see us accept a bid. Should be looking to let him endure the abuse his choice has earned him. You don't reward piss poor behaviour by giving him an out by accepting whatever pathetic bid the bigots toss our way. 

I hope its made very clear to him on Monday morning that he won't be training with the first team again and that no bids from rangers under any circumstances will be accepted as a result of the precontract. 

1 minute ago, H2 said:

Good luck to him.

He didn't have to sign a pre contract mid season he could have simply ran his contract down,  that's the Salient point here 

11 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Don't disagree but any player selected to play for us should not be abused 

I think we need to realistic, mate. 

If he does play, there will be dissent.

Just now, Morgaro Gomis said:

Except he had offers which would have been as good as, if not better than, from down south. Good luck to him? Nonsense. I hope his career nosedives.

:spoton: 

The Grim Reaper
9 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Of course that is what we have said. What do you expect us to say, that we now are desperate to get rid of him this window? It would be an interesting negotiating tactic.

We’ll get **** all. Dreaming if you think otherwise. 

1 minute ago, john thomas said:

Don't be stupid . 

Who made you the smart one? Tell me then,what kind of consideration has he shone towards a club that has supported him throughout his injuries and now has to pay his wages whilst not daring to play a defender not 100% committed to the team?

I appreciate his need to secure his future but he knows full well that this pre-contract option is the option that does us more harm financially, whilst once again allowing the bigoted zombies to rape another less wealthy scottish team of its assets. Scottish football is ****ed as long as those two arse checks can continue to do so. And he has done his bit to make sure it continues.

Disappointed he’s signing for them. However wages on offer , signing on fee and not uprooting family etc all understandable.  
Id like to get a fee now send him off and get a replacement in.  
Most on here would take a big hike in salary and move in an occupation with such a short career.

Just gutted its them

Naisys Tackle
17 minutes ago, Humblerogue said:

Reports says he has completed a medical, surely we would have had to agree a fee for that to happen. 

To sign an agreement with Rangers, he took one last night. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

big 50:50 challenge you think he goes in full bloodied? I’m torn as to whether to sell or just bench him to set a future precedent.  Either way he can’t play.  

If he pulls out he's subbed then dropped that's the salient point. 

Letting him go for peanuts sets the president. It would be suicide .

Jean Louis Valois

What an utter Rat, expected much better from him. Literally shown our club zero respect. Neilson can say what he wants about playing him, but the fans don't want him, would rather see a youth player get a shot ahead of him. 

2 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

:spoton:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Won’t get a game.  Will end up one of those pointless Hun signings.  

I don’t normally get bothered about players leaving , even to the old firm (it’s the nature of the game),  but something doesn’t sit right with this one.  

Too soon after nursing him back from serious injury, I think?

4 minutes ago, H2 said:

Good luck to him.

Except I wouldn't take a crap in the staff kettle on the way out. There's ways to do so without crapping over a team that's supported you through injury. 

I reckon he will be playing. 

We are always banging in about doing things the right way so that players want to come to our club.

Imagine trying to convince new players to sign because you've spat the dummy and isolated a player because he wants to move on.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, H2 said:

Good luck to him.

agree with all of this right up to the good luck part.  I may have done it.. but I certainly wouldn’t expect to be thanked for it.. 

he knows what’s coming. 

Telford_jambo123

as soon as a decent epl club offer him the money he will be away again. if he had any decency he would of signed an extension letting us earn some money that we spent on his medical care 

kingantti1874
Just now, Homme said:

We are always banging in about doing things the right way so that players want to come to our club.

Imagine trying to convince new players to sign because you've spat the dummy and isolated a player because he wants to move on.

we can’t isolate him.  He should train and we should treat him fairly.

but he can’t play, we can’t have 18,000 abusing someone in a maroon shirt.

No way Rangers will pay a penny for him now. They have what they want for when they need him. 

But let’s not lose our shit over it. 

we need to:

- Bench him,

- concentrate on getting new backline playing together

I’m not one for the hate, but he’s made his bed and needs to lie in it. 

Thanks for the memories, but I hope you’ve peaked. 

If he pulls on the Maroon after agreeing to go there, he's getting boo'ed. 

He could have gone anywhere.  Joining either of the Glasgow clubs is a kick in the stones. 

He's a shitebag. A Tory and a hun. 

Good riddance. 

Two options, he either leaves now and we get money for him or he trains by himself until the end of the season, either way he clearly cant play for us again and I just hope the club realise this.

Let me say from the off. I am pissed off that John Souttar has signed a pre-contract with that shower from Govan.

In my eyes he is much better than them.

However until he pulls on their strip then he is a Hearts player, and as such he will get my support and encouragement as I am above all else a Hearts dupporter.

If John Souttar plays against St Johnstone on Tuesday he will get my support as he will be wearing a Hearts strip. If he scores against St Johnstone I will cheer as it means Hearts have scored.

Again, however the day he comes back to Tynecastle in a Sevco strip my support ceases and he will get it tight.

5 minutes ago, H2 said:

Good luck to him.

Boak. 

Theres a right and proper way to go about your business and he's absolutely not done that. 

Club not even informed by the looks of things. The same club that nursed him through 3 serious injuries and has paid his wages for the last 6 years.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

But that’s just the nature of the game?  Likewise we use the same phrase for players exploiting a scenario.  He can’t play, imo.   It’ll affect morale and the atmosphere around the ground.  I really couldn’t care less for Souttar. He’s as good as away. 

Let’s cheer the committed players. 

SectionDJambo

It's been said many times, by some on here, that we as Hearts fans get more upset when a player goes to Celtic than if they go to Rangers.

I think that wee theory is going to disappear now.  

Very disappointing that Souttar has allowed Rangers the opportunity to crow over us losing him for nothing. He could have waited until the summer. There was no prerequisite for him to make it public where he was going this early. Any stick he gets from us now is of his own doing. It might be best to leave him out so that he doesn't become a distraction to the well being of the team.

In my opinion, he is replaceable. He is not of the calibre of Alan McLaren, Dave MacPherson, Craig Levein or Andy Webster. He's a very good player but still makes far too many mistakes and gets bullied by tough opponents.

We replace him and move on.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

we can’t isolate him.  He should train and we should treat him fairly.

but he can’t play, we can’t have 18,000 abusing someone in a maroon shirt.

Indications are he will still be playing until a fee is agreed.   

kingantti1874
Just now, John Findlay said:

Let me say from the off. I am pissed off that John Souttar has signed a pre-contract with that shower from Govan.

However until he pulls on their strip then he is a Hearts player, and as such he will get my support and encouragement as I am above all else a Hearts dupporter.

If John Souttar plays against St Johnstone on Tuesday he will get my support as he will be wearing a Hearts strip. If he scores against St Johnstone I will cheer as it means Hearts have scored.

Again, however the day he comes back to Tynecastle in a Sevco strip my support ceases and he will get it tight.

I think you will be in a big minority.. 

1 hour ago, henryheart said:

He may be thinking one of two things. By signing a pre contract agreement if he has a good agent then he will be covered well into the future in the case of another injury between now and the end of the season. Alternatively, he may be desperate to go and he may be thinking that by signing the pre contract agreement that he is forcing our hand. He has looked after himself, which he is entitled to do; it is now Hearts turn to do what is its best interests. I'd be looking for a lot of dosh to test how keen Rangers really are. We should not sell ourselves short, especially knowing that Rangers is not the most financially savvy of businesses. If they don't pay up, then so be it.

As for playing Souttar again; no chance. He is damaged goods and as a Hearts player he has no credibility going forward. If he has any brain in his head then he will see this. Some on here rate him highly, others don't but that is neither here nor there. If he stays and plays the baggage that will go with it will only serve as a distraction and we don't need that.  

He gets injured badly and Rangers can walk away.

A pre contract is a commitment by the player, not the club. 

5 minutes ago, Homme said:

Players wouldn’t be put off by that. They’ll be aware clubs disagree and bad situations happen. It’s not as if we constantly **** players over. Quite the opposite. 

Edited by GinRummy

What's the sense of a pre contract.   At the end of the season say Blackburn get promoted and come back for him on Premier League wages.  He can say to Rangers 'Sorry I've changed my mind', or Rangers have changed there mind and pull out of pre contract.  Why would he put himself through the hassle of the rest of the season?

kingantti1874
Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Indications are he will still be playing until a fee is agreed.   

will last for one game.. and then the strength of the fan reaction will alter that stance. 

Taylor -Moore or smith should start ahead of soapy 

Rangers know that with 99% of the Hearts support pledging to boo his every touch, Robbie can't play him and we will be forced to accept a derisory offer that will be publicised as a nominal fee. 

Only way we can get a reasonable fee in January is if we all accept his decision and make it clear we will support him playing for us til the summer. But there's no way that will happen.

Best scenario is if we can loan him to an English club for the rest of the team and save his wages. But that seems unlikely.

The most telling part of the club statement is the word squad in “ John remains an important part of the first team squad...”

We'll see if he plays on Tuesday !

3 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Except he had offers which would  have been as good as, if not better than, from down south. Good luck to him? Nonsense. I hope his career nosedives.

Are they though? Sky likes to convince the world the championship is this ‘amazing’ league that’s the envy of all but when it comes down to it it’s still a second division.
I hate the OF as much as anyone but it’s ****ing sad hearing Scots claim playing for mediocre English 2nd division side that competes to be relegated from the Premiership the following year is somehow ‘above’ regularly winning Scottish trophies and playing in Europe. Money is literally the only reason to go there. 

Gimme an H...

You can’t tell me there’s not a conflict of interest if he plays for us for the rest of the season knowing he’s going to Rangers for the next part of his career? 

He shouldn’t play for us again this season if we can’t agree a few with Sevco.

Edited by Gimme an H...

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I respect your magnanimity. However I'm less tolerant and I think he's a rat arsed *****. So I'll boo him.

He won't be playing for long. The fans won't allow it. Have to give the time to other committed players.

I also believe a fee will be agreed with Rangers, as they won't want to risk yet another injury with us.

12 minutes ago, H2 said:

Good luck to him.

I agree with this until your final sentence. 

I hope he bombs big style through in that cesspit. 

Just now, Scott Leitch said:

Booing him when/if he plays for us again will really help the rest of the players! 

Will make them realise not to do the same.

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Almost gone and soon forgotten.

Hearts have seen him through some terrible injuries,  and his choice is understandable and predictable and I look forward to seeing him pecching out his backside as our new speedy centreforward streaks away for the winning goal.

Neatly summarised.

Jambo_jim2001
10 minutes ago, H2 said:

Good luck to him.

True but 16000 plus don't turn up and pay hard earned to watch you work..most on here including me could handle it if he signed for anyone else but one of the ersecheeks 

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)