Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

If he stays and we play him (hope not) we could have a last game of the season where his future employer need 3 points for the title and automatic CL group stages next season, or we need 3 points to guarantee 3rd. Where do his loyalties lie?

Or his final game for us could be a SC final against his future employer. 

Fair enough if he had signed a pre contract down south where he wouldn’t be playing against them but when he signs for Rangers he should not pull our shirt on ever again. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Absolute rat. I understand we were obligated to support him through his injury but going to Rangers is unforgivable. 

Hope his next injury is his biggest yet. If we’re not getting a fee stick him in the reserves, **** him. 

Did we extend his contract whilst he was injured?

22 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

no problem with him playing by the transfer rules but with his injury record he would have to be the dumbest idiot in scotland to be going for any 50/50, he cant possibly line up for us.

as for the fans getting on his back, walker got it tight for watching a sevco game, he's got no chance of escaping, the 1st missed tacle/ goal against he will cop it. that all drags down the atmospere towards the whole team, the crowd will spend all their time having a go rather than supporting us. sitting in the stand till his contracts up is the only sensible thing to do.

This sums it up for me. We will rightly slaughter him and it will have a detrimental effect on the rest of the team. 

Do the right thing Robbie and sit him for the season

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Robbie is going to play his strongest 11 and that will include Souttar. Whether we like it or not

It doesn’t now. 

Moore or Smith who want to play for us are now in front him. 

MR INCREDIBLE

This is the ideal opportunity for the club to show some backbone and announce that Souttar will not play for Hearts again and will train with the youth team.

The board better read the room as this could get ugly!!

I don't want to see Souttar in a Hearts jersey again. He has gone about it the wrong way and didn't even have the courtesy to tell Hearts he had signed / was getting a medical.

By all accounts Hearts found out about when Rangers announced his signing.

Greed takes over when it comes to these situations.

Hope Robbie now signs a replacement and drops him for the rest of the season.

Talk about sh**ting on us and our medical team.

Just now, skinnybob72 said:

If he stays and we play him (hope not) we could have a last game of the season where his future employer need 3 points for the title and automatic CL group stages next season, or we need 3 points to guarantee 3rd. Where do his loyalties lie?

Or his final game for us could be a SC final against his future employer. 

Fair enough if he had signed a pre contract down south where he wouldn’t be playing against them but when he signs for Rangers he should not pull our shirt on ever again. 

So don't play him against The Rangers. Problem solved 😌 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

It doesn’t now. 

Moore or Smith who want to play for us are now in front him. 

Exactly. Boys who are invested in the Club and its progression, have to be picked before him

Just now, tazhearts said:

I don't want to see Souttar in a Hearts jersey again. He has gone about it the wrong way and didn't even have the courtesy to tell Hearts he had signed / was getting a medical.

This is just getting worse. If thats true I’m actually offended. 

Just now, jr ewing said:

So don't play him against The Rangers. Problem solved 😌 

Or just do not play someone that that doesn’t want to play for us. 

11 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Surely it’s not official yet?

C513CC65-66BC-48D3-904D-126285D0F914.jpeg

Behind the scenes they better be telling him/them he won't kick a ball for 6months and jeopardise his form and Scotland place..

Say what you will about Vlad but he wouldn't have entertained this

How much would you take for him now?  I'd probably take £300,000. As low as that sounds it would could at least be used to buy us a decent player or pay for a two year Haring contact.

However I can't even see Rangers offering us that much.

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Take £200k with a 20% sell-on and drive him to govan tonight. 

They won't, and dont need to give us any sell on clause.  It will be a token payment and that's all.   This is Rangers remember.  

Bazzas right boot

He's a dirty hun bassa now.

However, if he sores another last minute winner v Celtic before going and rangers pay more than £500k for him then he'll go without any hate.

Naisys Tackle

How much would you take for him now?  I'd probably take £300,000. As low as that sounds it would could at least be used to buy us a decent player or pay for a two year Haring contact.

It will be around that figure, and transfer fee undisclosed imo. 

No way. Chill the rat in the stand unless they stump up 500k minimum. 

4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Did we extend his contract whilst he was injured?

Pretty sure we did, that's how I remember it. 

Neilson will show his true colours here! He wants 3rd Place and will sell his and our soul to get it and continue to play John Souttar. That's my guess,I hope I'm wrong.

We can get 3rd place without him!

incredible lack of loyalty/respect shown here by Souttar. Prick!

Spitonastranger
4 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Exactly. Boys who are invested in the Club and its progression, have to be picked before him

This drop him don't want him pulling on the famous Jersey again. 

The Grim Reaper
11 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

He'll be high fiving Halliday and McCulloch tomorrow in training.

Disgusting isn’t it. Want them all gone asap. 

If he's done this in a snakey way, how can we trust he'll still be fully committed on the football field now the pre-contract is sorted?

He'll put his future career with Rangers ahead of committing himself too much with Hearts.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, RENE said:

What's the sense of a pre contract.   At the end of the season say Blackburn get promoted and come back for him on Premier League wages.  He can say to Rangers 'Sorry I've changed my mind', or Rangers have changed there mind and pull out of pre contract.  Why would he put himself through the hassle of the rest of the season?

It’s legally binding, he’s their player from whenever it starts and any club would need to negotiate a fee for him to be released. 

He can’t be part of the squad anymore…..the ill feeling from the stands could upset the team spirit.

I suspect he’ll be away next week.

Pre-Contracts to teams within the same association shouldn’t be a thing….certainly not with half a season and two trophies to play for.

20 minutes ago, Boab said:

Remember Paul Ritchie !!

Wouldn't put it past sevco to be onto a money making enterprise.

In a previous incarnation, sevco got Ritchie for nothing on a Bosman, never played him, and punted him to Man City for half a mill !

Andy Webster as well.  It’s nothing new 

Clark Griswold
Just now, DH1986 said:

He can’t be part of the squad anymore…..the ill feeling from the stands could upset the team spirit.

Pre-Contracts to teams within the same association shouldn’t be a thing….certainly not with half a season and two trophies to play for.

Agreed. 

Just now, kila said:

If he's done this in a snakey way, how can we trust he'll still be fully committed on the football field now the pre-contract is sorted?

He'll put his future career with Rangers ahead of committing himself too much with Hearts.

I think so too. Precontracts during the season are pretty underhanded, and as it looks like the club were to some extent blindsided, I don't see how Robbie or the team can trust him to give 100%. Others have made the point that precontracts are a commitment from the player not the club, so if he gets injured the huns would be entitled to walk away. Beyond that, I'd like Taylor Moore to stay, and I think giving him the nod now might serve us well, especially if we can try and get something sorted with Bristol this window. 

That said, I don't think his snakey ways should be rewarded with the club accepting ANY transfer offer from rangers under any circumstances. He should be benched/stuck in the reserves and forgotten about. Robbie shouldn't play him again and the wee rat can try and recover his Scotland career playing 2nd fiddle/bench warmer at Ibroke. 

8 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

No way. Chill the rat in the stand unless they stump up 500k minimum. 

Absolutely jackladd. 

The club need to have the backbone to follow through on this and do what's right by hearts now

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

However, if he sores another last minute winner v Celtic before going and rangers pay more than £500k for him then he'll go without any hate.

So is our coaching staff and manager, but we back them? 

14 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Source for your last sentence? 

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He'll get absolute pelters no matter what happens from here.

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Could someone start a poll if he should play again.

Might send a message to the club !!!

Just like it did when over 90% of us wanted Robbie out after Brora?

16 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

This is the ideal opportunity for the club to show some backbone and announce that Souttar will not play for Hearts again and will train with the youth team.

The board better read the room as this could get ugly!!

We own the room !

Think it's a bit poor to move to our rivals and with no fee guaranteed. We've looked after John, he hasn't looked after us. Just about accept this for a move out of Scotland, but to Rangers is just pish poor. Hope it's a ton of money John.

I'd still play him, fwiw, and prefer not to release him this window.

Dismal shite this, thought better of him.

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Andy Webster as well.  It’s nothing new 

Aye and Webster was a better player.

I liked Souttar as a player but in my opinion he wouldn't have started in our 3 cup winning sides.

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I just don’t think pre contracts should be allowed. Players shouldn’t be allowed to speak to other clubs until their contracts have run out or a transfer fee is agreed between clubs.

clubs essentially end up with a player who isn’t committed and therefore can’t be committed 100% to the cause

Central Belt 1874

Very disappointed with this news. Knew he was going to leave but I'm still quite surprised at this. 

Unless we can squeeze some money out of Rangers then this is another all round poor deal for Hearts. 

We are trying to build something here, something strong and long lasting. I'm definitely in favour of the club making it clear in future contract negotiations with new players that PCA's will not be tolerated, especially to those two in Glasgow. 

Statement from club saying he will only leave this window if the right deal comes in. Does that mean he can still leave for or a fee and opt out of the Rangers deal? 

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)