Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

57 minutes ago, simplesimon said:

I genuinely don't see why we would continue to rehabiltate Souttar to benefit Rangers and incur appearance fees etc.  He's good at bringing the ball out of defence, so will suit Rangers possession game.  I dont think he's that good defensively, slow to turn, slow sprint, prone to misjudgent.  He's no Levein, Weir or Maclaren, more a donkey dave

I think he’s average there is not a game goes by when one of his team mates helps him out the shit , I’ve seen milk turn quicker and his positional sense is woeful also there’s no telling when the career ending tackle will hit .Take what we can get now and play the guys who want to play for us , I think he will have splinters in his arse the time he’ll warm the bench at the shithole that is ibroke

Edited by buzzbomb1958
Spelling

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

Just now, jambopilms said:

Of course it is, you don't hire staff or players because they are Hearts supporters. Hearts supporter are by definition Hearts supporter not Rangers wannabes 

But they are still Huns? 

In the same way we don't hire players because they are Hearts supporters? 

6 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

People keep saying it’s a short career, but he is easily on 4 grand a week 🤔 so 200 grand a year so to play 10 year more that makes 2 million but we could now call it at least 4 million now 😣 and obviously what ever he has earned up to this point. Short career but more money than 99% of most of us will ever earn, so I get that after everything Hearts have done to stick by him, was it that hard to sign a years extension 🤔 and give that little bit back.

Spot on👏

This is the harsh reality of being a sports fan supporting businessmen who play the game, all players are going to go where the best money is if they can, we don't have to like it but that is the way it is in every professional sport, it's not about loyalty, it's about money! This particular move is made worse by him going to a rival, a rival which shouldn't even exist after their financial mismanagement,  I really hate this and don't think he should wear our famous shirt again!

The Treasurer
8 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I hope he goes now. We need to keep squad unity and how would Moore or Smith feel if souttar continues to play in front of them. Big part of season coming up don’t need distractions 

Exactly. 

He's no longer a first choice player 

7 minutes ago, Dsjambo said:

That’s right and I’m pretty sure that’s why they made donkey noises at him every time he touched the ball for years after that game 

I'm sure it bothered him. 

You could count the amount of times that Motherwell beat Hearts on one hand during the period that Big Dave played for us. They were Hearts' whipping boys. 

The more I think on it the more difficult I find it to picture him playing rest of season. Having been at a number of games when we aren’t playing well (think Motherwell away) and how fast things turn with the fans it’s hard to imagine that mixing well with the Souttar situation. Basically an unhelpful distraction. 

He’s a non person now. There’s good leavers and bad leavers and he’s bad. Would’ve liked him playing for a decent English side and been so proud of seeing him in a Scotland shirt. Not now. Good riddance and enjoy that sectarian case pit.

Maiden Gorgie
14 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

People keep saying it’s a short career, but he is easily on 4 grand a week 🤔 so 200 grand a year so to play 10 year more that makes 2 million but we could now call it at least 4 million now 😣 and obviously what ever he has earned up to this point. Short career but more money than 99% of most of us will ever earn, so I get that after everything Hearts have done to stick by him, was it that hard to sign a years extension 🤔 and give that little bit back.

I get the feeling that he knows his carrer isn't going to last the norm and is just getting as much cash in the bank now.

12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

But they are still Huns? 

In the same way we don't hire players because they are Hearts supporters? 

I can't be bothered with this

4 minutes ago, Maiden Gorgie said:

I get the feeling that he knows his carrer isn't going to last the norm and is just getting as much cash in the bank now.

I actually think he looks fitter than he has ever been but let’s say he signs that 1 year extension and we get a couple of million and he will be getting 12 grand a week that’s nearly 2 mill 😳 poor JS 😂👍🏻

bigsuperslim1874
20 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Of course it is, you don't hire staff or players because they are Hearts supporters. Hearts supporter are by definition Hearts supporter not Rangers wannabes 

Totally. And Robbie is a self confessed Hearts man anyway.

Francis Albert
49 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

we don’t have the luxury of waiting to find that out, we can’t afford to drop three points right now. 

he stays in the stands and we play the players that want to be here. 

We play the players who contribute most to the team. 

8 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I think he’s average there is not a game goes by when one of his team mates helps him out the shit , I’ve seen milk turn quicker and his positional sense is woeful also there’s no telling when the career ending tackle will hit .Take what we can get now and play the guys who want to play for us , I think he will have splinters in his arse the time he’ll warm the bench at the shithole that is ibroke

Pretty succinct summing up there Buzzbomb. You’d think he was Cannavaro the way some are reacting to his departure. He’s a decent player but I’ve seen many superior defenders in maroon. Levein, McPherson, McLaren, Weir, Pressley, Berra, Bruno, Jardine. Even now Halkett and Kingsley are as good, if not better. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Rudolf said:

Pretty succinct summing up there Buzzbomb. You’d think he was Cannavaro the way some are reacting to his departure. He’s a decent player but I’ve seen many superior defenders in maroon. Levein, McPherson, McLaren, Weir, Pressley, Berra, Bruno, Jardine. Even now Halkett and Kingsley are as good, if not better. 

agreed. Would t feature in my top 10 /15 tbh.  Good player but we’ve lost better

Cant believe the amount of dafties saying they want him out the club for a nominal fee, that's exactly what Souttar and Rangers want.

We simply state he is our player and we will use him as we see fit till the end of the season.

For me he is back up to Moore the Smith .He's played his cards , we play ours .

43 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Controversial but is it any different to having a hun manager and coaching staff? 

Slaver. 

Punks No Deid

If you can still do it …I’d have him employed carrying the hamper for the various kids teams to the most remote venues possible. Probs not allowed to do that anymore but that’d be my preference. When or if he plays for them …nothing but the absolute worst wishes for/to him. 

8 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Cant believe the amount of dafties saying they want him out the club for a nominal fee, that's exactly what Souttar and Rangers want.

We simply state he is our player and we will use him as we see fit till the end of the season.

For me he is back up to Moore the Smith .He's played his cards , we play ours .

I'm in 2 minds. Maybe we try an get him off the wage bill so we can use that for a new signing.

But then, we can't allow ourselves to be bullied. Sets a bad precedent 

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Also had 27 Scotland caps including 6 games at the 1990 World Cup and 1992 euro championships. Souttar has a long way to go to match big Slim.

A long way !

Remember the Bayern game when he could have buried a chance late on to make it 2-0 but trundled the shot !

A collective groan but the big guy was liked and respected at Tynecastle.

26 minutes ago, Rannoch said:

He’s a non person now. There’s good leavers and bad leavers and he’s bad. Would’ve liked him playing for a decent English side and been so proud of seeing him in a Scotland shirt. Not now. Good riddance and enjoy that sectarian case pit.

I’m on this train. No danger he is giving Hearts 100% knowing an injury could end his career before he goes there.

I’d rather a player who wants to be here played.

Will he play against them ?

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Spot on

kingantti1874
45 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

People keep saying it’s a short career, but he is easily on 4 grand a week 🤔 so 200 grand a year so to play 10 year more that makes 2 million but we could now call it at least 4 million now 😣 and obviously what ever he has earned up to this point. Short career but more money than 99% of most of us will ever earn, so I get that after everything Hearts have done to stick by him, was it that hard to sign a years extension 🤔 and give that little bit back.

I think you’d be surprised at how many people are on that kind of money. 

he will list 50% on tax, will likely chunk another 20% away in a pension.   Cost ****ing 640k for a 3 bedroom house in Linlithgow.  

id move to the huns and kiss the ****ing badge for 12k a week.

id expect abuse for it though and rightly so 😆

5 minutes ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

I'm in 2 minds. Maybe we try an get him off the wage bill so we can use that for a new signing.

Defo 

We set our price, whatever it is and stick to it.

We've been royally shafted but we play it our way from now on .

Don't get drawn into a media frenzy, he's simply our player and we'll use him as we see fit unless our asking price is met, the end.

MarkDevriesScores4

With teams allowed to make 5 substitutions, I’d be tempted to start him against auchinleck and then pull him off after 5 mins. Cup ties him and is embarrassing for the player. 

2 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

With teams allowed to make 5 substitutions, I’d be tempted to start him against auchinleck and then pull him off after 5 mins. Cup ties him and is embarrassing for the player. 

Absolutely this

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Halliphax said:

we don’t have the luxury of waiting to find that out, we can’t afford to drop three points right now. 

he stays in the stands and we play the players that want to be here. 

If our manager and coaches can't tell after a week at Riccarton  whether he wants to play then maybe they shouldn't be there.

5 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

This has been done, guys.

Pre-contract. He's not going till next season.

1 hour ago, Rannoch said:

Shame because all Jambos would’ve taken such pride and followed him with excitement in the English Prem. Now, he can GTF

This is how I feel.

Jambo_jim2001

Funny my rangers mates and my blue nosed family are now saying how much a great signing he is,yet not too long back he was a nobody in a wee diddy team.

8 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Vlad would've 100 percent pulled a stunt like that. 😆 

Say what you want about Vlad but he wouldn't let that lot, or any player take the pi55

13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think you’d be surprised at how many people are on that kind of money. 

he will list 50% on tax, will likely chunk another 20% away in a pension.   Cost ****ing 640k for a 3 bedroom house in Linlithgow.  

id move to the huns and kiss the ****ing badge for 12k a week.

id expect abuse for it though and rightly so 😆

I wouldn't. 

12 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

This.   Play him in the cup tie then let him rot on the bench.

4 hours ago, john thomas said:

Well said 

Many of the comments made are a disgrace 

He got injured playing for Hearts (and Scotland . 

People complaining that we looked after him ! Wtf do people suggest we could have done instead ?

He has the right to pick the move that suits him and his family 

On a personal level I hope he does well . 

I also hope his new club implodes .

Again

Not like you to offer the contrary view. 

I wonder if there's a clause in his pre-contract regarding him getting injured between now and the official transfer day. 

41 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

I actually think he looks fitter than he has ever been but let’s say he signs that 1 year extension and we get a couple of million and he will be getting 12 grand a week that’s nearly 2 mill 😳 poor JS 😂👍🏻

Instead he gets maybe £500k signing on fee and £15k per week over four years. That’s £3.5m 

16 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

:thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I wonder if there's a clause in his pre-contract regarding him getting injured between now and the official transfer day. 

🤞

section s heart
10 minutes ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

We need to be extending contracts before they get down to the last 6 months - by now we've realistically only about 4 months of the season to go. Not everyone is going to sign extensions, but at least if we're active 18 months out, we have more control over our options. 

In the circumstances, we've done well to keep CG, MS, SK and CH - can only imagine the uproar if CG had suddenly signed a pre contract with a main rival.

Souttar will know what's ahead for his time with us/ Scotland if there isn't a fee agreed, and that can still be a bargaining advantage for us. Also if they sell someone like Goldson, they might have more need to get Souttar in now. We might end up holding out the month to see what happens, but I'd want to get the best fee/ sell on we can squeeze and use the money to improve the team, rather than keeping him.

It's not great, and Souttar could/ should have repaid a bit of loyalty, but it's the football world we live in, and most of us would change job for double/ treble the money. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)