Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

Dead

To

Me

Never want to see him in a Hearts shirt ever again & if I do, he will be getting as much abuse as I can get away with!
Just GTF!!!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

kingantti1874
Just now, Humblerogue said:

Reports says he has completed a medical, surely we would have had to agree a fee for that to happen. 

nope. Can do what he likes.. entitled to have a medical before signing pre contract

Just now, Humblerogue said:

Reports says he has completed a medical, surely we would have had to agree a fee for that to happen. 

Nah,maybe they covered his petrol. I doubt those devious *******s forked out anything more. 

Clark Griswold

His position at hearts is now untenable in my opinion, either he goes now or is out on gardening leave. Might be petty but I can’t see how having him around now can have a positive affect on the team, fans or coaches. 

1 minute ago, john thomas said:

Well said 

Many of the comments made are a disgrace 

He got injured playing for Hearts (and Scotland . 

People complaining that we looked after him ! Wtf do people suggest we could have done instead ?

He has the right to pick the move that suits him and his family 

On a personal level I hope he does well . 

I also hope his new club implodes .

Again

Yip. Some of the injury comments are disgraceful.

That said, the manager is not going to play him again hopefully as the distraction and very obvious dissent from the stands, would be too damaging to the team.

I hope he's played his last game for that reason.

A pre contract with Rangers … it’s the worst possible outcome for the club. He’s spent the majority of his time with us injured and he goes and does that. :seething:

24 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How do you stop it if that’s what they want to do?

You don't. You can take a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

The Grim Reaper

Club saying they want him to stay until the end of the season unless a satisfactory offer is received. Really is a joke. He’ll leave for FA 

7 minutes ago, OTT said:

Tail end of last season he came back and looked good, that was the time to do it. If a deal wasn't forthcoming then getting rid over the summer while we had time on our side was the smart thing to do. 

He played 4 times last season. Realistically how much do you think we'd have got for a player who had played 15 games in two seasons because of injury on top of previous injuries, on top of previous injuries, wasn't in the national squad, and was with a team that had just got promoted from the second tier.

My view is even in the last 6months he has been worth more to Hearts than the fee we would have received for him last summer. It's just bad luck that getting free of injuries, returning to form, and playing in a strong team all coincided with the final year of his contract. Shit happens.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, 3fingersreid said:

Hope the door hits him on the arse on the way out . 
If he plays on Tuesday I don’t think it’ll be pleasant for him , 

Yeah,  if he thinks Tuesday will be a fond farewell he's in for a surprise. 

It's gonna be a side show and effect the team, he can't play. 

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Yip. Some of the injury comments are disgraceful.

That said, the manager is not going to play him again hopefully as the distraction and very obvious dissent from the stands, would be too damaging to the team.

I hope he's played his last game for that reason.

Don't disagree but any player selected to play for us should not be abused 

Dennis Reynolds

He can't be in the team. Even if he is "fully committed", which is bullshit, imagine he makes a mistake? Which tbh isn't out the realms of possibility. The fans will already be all over him and that would turn the atmosphere toxic.

If Rangers don't want to pay for him now let him train with the kids and stick him in the stands. 

StevenNaismith

Rangers are going to have to stump up some decent cash this month or Souttar is gonna be sat on his arse for the next 6 months. I’d rather get nothing and freeze him out in all honesty.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, john thomas said:

Is calling him a rat, hun ******* abuse tho? 

Seems pretty factual now.🤷‍♂️

As we still own his contract I'd sell him to Plymouth Argyle for a fiver and tell him to **** right off.

There's ways of getting a move, this underhand sleekit boot the club in baws that's stuck by you on the way out, ain't one he'll get respect for anywhere except at the hunnery where this kind of behaviour is encouraged.

Karma will bite him on the arse. I guarantee it.

Like I said, if he came back and looked a shadow of the player we would have let him run down his contract and maybe even paid if off, no loyalty in football but hurts when he chooses that scum club 

2 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Club saying they want him to stay until the end of the season unless a satisfactory offer is received. Really is a joke. He’ll leave for FA 

Of course that is what we have said. What do you expect us to say, that we now are desperate to get rid of him this window? It would be an interesting negotiating tactic.

Drop him immediately. His head is elsewhere and his ambition is literally zero. 

Be prepared for a lousy £75,000 bid tomorrow to get him in sooner. 

Cairneyhill Jambo

I know he has signed a pre-contract with that shower from the West, but what if Hearts now received an offer of say, a million quid from another club, what is the position? Could we accept it? Or given the fact he has signed the pre-contract  is that it? 

3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

He played 4 times last season. Realistically how much do you think we'd have got for a player who had played 15 games in two seasons because of injury on top of previous injuries, on top of previous injuries, wasn't in the national squad, and was with a team that had just got promoted from the second tier.

My view is even in the last 6months he has been worth more to Hearts than the fee we would have received for him last summer. It's just bad luck that getting free of injuries, returning to form, and playing in a strong team all coincided with the final year of his contract. Shit happens.

Totally agree. 

2 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Why,what respect has he shown the club?

Just now, Bluesy1874 said:

Robbie is going to play his strongest 11 and that will include Souttar. Whether we like it or not

yup

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Is calling him a rat, hun ******* abuse tho? 

Seems pretty factual now.🤷‍♂️

As long as he plays for us he should be supported 

I do agree it is probably best if he goes , partly because of the rabid comments on here 

Ach, don't really care what happens now.  If rangers don't pay something us something worthwhile then we should keep him and make him train with youngsters.  Not sure what a reasonable fee is, who knows these days.  Something that allows us to sign another promising cb.

Holyrood_Hearts

Hearts releasing a statement is ****ing pathetic. Why we coming out saying he’s an important member of the 1st team squad.

He shouldn’t be anywhere near our team from now on. The fans will be on his back until the summer, any mistake he makes will be down to him not wanting to be here, and when we play Rangers he’ll be accused of not trying (& against Celtic he’ll be trying to hard) 

Send him out on loan (like Walker) until his contract runs down, or sit him in the stand & train on his own. 

I’m sure he is a good guy and all that but in football terms it’s a dik move and he can’t really complain if he is booed from the stands. Surely nobody will wish him good luck at Rangers, hope he flops massively

1 minute ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Robbie is going to play his strongest 11 and that will include Souttar. Whether we like it or not

No way will he play Tuesday.

Just now, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

I know he has signed a pre-contract with that shower from the West, but what if Hearts now received an offer of say, a million quid from another club, what is the position? Could we accept it? Or given the fact he has signed the pre-contract  is that it? 

We can accept any offer we like but it’s up to the player if they move or not. 

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So no player is offered a shorter contract less than 3 years? Some players don’t want longer contracts and some turn out to be not as good as you hoped for. I don’t think it’s quite as simple as that. 

Arsenal are quite good at F-ing up contracts and having players end up in their last year. Going forward we should be looking to get deals done before they go into their final year, Maybe poor management from the club who every dealt with contacts before Robbie and Joe came on board last year. 

3 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Incorrect. Someone that's just signed a pre contract with them deserves full barrel from every side of tynecastle. Thankfully you're in the minority here and he'll get what he deserves. 

adambraejambo

Souttar be a target for fans to abuse now. Hopefully a target for Cameron Devlin in training as well. I joke off course but with his injury past if I was Rangers manager I would want him ASAP and not end of season with his knee in peaces . 

Make sure  he plays  a few  minutes  v Talbot  to cup tie  him then  if they  pay enough   get  rid off.   

Cannot  play  on Tuesday  , the team  need  support  not  unneeded  distractions caused  by  him.

Naisys Tackle
On 13/01/2022 at 16:04, Des Lynam said:

With your track record I expect Souttar to sign an extension with us now. 

:clyay:

Sorry. 

1 minute ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Hearts releasing a statement is ****ing pathetic. Why we coming out saying he’s an important member of the 1st team squad.

He shouldn’t be anywhere near our team from now on. The fans will be on his back until the summer, any mistake he makes will be down to him not wanting to be here, and when we play Rangers he’ll be accused of not trying (& against Celtic he’ll be trying to hard) 

Send him out on loan (like Walker) until his contract runs down, or sit him in the stand & train on his own. 

You can’t force him to go on loan. The statement is a negotiating position. 

3 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Rangers are going to have to stump up some decent cash this month or Souttar is gonna be sat on his arse for the next 6 months. I’d rather get nothing and freeze him out in all honesty.

Wonder if he is on a high basic or a bonus heavy wage. Either way I’m inclined to agree with you. 

Just now, EH11 2NL said:

Incorrect. Someone that's just signed a pre contract with them deserves full barrel from every side of tynecastle. Thankfully you're in the minority here and he'll get what he deserves. 

Fan of the year

Just now, everton_jambo said:

I’m sure he is a good guy and all that but in football terms it’s a dik move and he can’t really complain if he is booed from the stands. Surely nobody will wish him good luck at Rangers, hope he flops massively

I don’t care if he’s a good guy. I don’t care if Morelos rescues baby kittens or McGregor spends his weekends working in a soup kitchen. He’s just another hun prick but added to that left in the worst possible way to one of only 3 clubs he knew the fans would be raging at. He knows fine well he’d get grief so **** him. 

2 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Arsenal are quite good at F-ing up contracts and having players end up in their last year. Going forward we should be looking to get deals done before they go into their final year, Maybe poor management from the club who every dealt with contacts before Robbie and Joe came on board last year. 

Souttar hardly played last season due to serious injuries. If we had offered him a three deal folk would have been going ape. 

StirlingJambo

He shouldn’t kick another ball for us. If he does then it’s only going to effect the other 10 players when our centre backs getting dogs abuse for 90 minutes. Raging is an understatement!

Absolutely no way should we allow him to go to Rangers now regardless of what some on here are saying .

We play him till his form drops then we bench him

That is the only way we can play this now.

I can understand why he's chosen to go there. It's the circumstances that make it difficult to accept. The noises coming out of the club have always been how great an attitude he has and even that he'd do right by the club. We've seen the measure of the man now though. He can't possibly be as committed to ourselves going forward in the second half of the season. He has to go now. 

He's human, he's done what the majority of you would have done and looked after his interests first and foremost. How many of you would stay with your employer when another will triple your wages?

Good luck to him.

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)