Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

Walter Bishop
13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not on a Pre contract as they didn’t exist then. 

Were pre contracts not introduced on back of Bosman ruling? Once a player was into last 6 months of his contract he was free to sign a contract elsewhere?

Edited by Walter Bishop

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

Ffs.

How anybody can back him is beyond me.

He knew there would be a backlash, he knows exactly what he's doing.

He's Shitting all over ever single supporter who pays their money to watch him play in a maroon shirt.

He's behaved appallingly and deserves to spend the next few months sitting at home wondering what might have been.

As for the "no loyalty in football" pish. No, there's no loyalty shown by shitebags like JS.

He doesn't deserve to wear the shirt ever again. Get him away from everybody at the club.

2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Ffs.

He's Shitting all over ever single supporter who pays their money to watch him play in a maroon shirt.

He's behaved appallingly and deserves to spend the next few months sitting at home wondering what might have been.

As for the "no loyalty in football" pish. No, there's no loyalty shown by shitebags like JS.

He doesn't deserve to wear the shirt ever again. Get him away from everybody at the club.

Agree with every word. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Were pre contracts not introduced on back of Bosman ruling? Once a player was into last 6 months of his contract he was free to sign a contract elsewhere?

What I read said it was Webster that really instigated the part of being able to leave in the last year of your contract..They weren’t really used that much back then apparently, I’m not even sure the term was coined until about 2010. 

Im not sure how England manage to get around this by saying you can’t sign one for another English club when it’s been law for 27 years, they really are outliers on many issues. 

Spitonastranger
31 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

It is the pre contract that pisses us off

Why not just keep it stoom and say to the club he is not going to sign has an option. Why announce it mid season. If it isn't to weaken disturb and basically make us look like easy rides.

This event is gutting, just weeks ago Dopey was halfing ThUmb boy

You let your club die

39 minutes ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

Just to follow on to my post, the comments that are being said are an absolute disgrace

What if he is picked to play on Tuesday and shows the same application and effort he has shown all season, will that change your mind? It is not John Souttar who is an embarrassment to our club but the people who would boo a Hearts player while he is wearing the colours, or even worse wish injury on him

Rangers enabler IMO. 

Brick Tamland
12 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Ffs.

I agree with this but I would like him to start against Auchinleck in the cup and get the hook in the first minute just to **** both him and Sevco off. 

Walter Bishop
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What I read said it was Webster that really instigated the part of being able to leave in the last year of your contract..They weren’t really used that much back then apparently, I’m not even sure the term was coined until about 2010. 

Im not sure how England manage to get around this by saying you can’t sign one for another English club when it’s been law for 27 years, they really are outliers on many issues. 

1999 Steve McManaman

In January 1999, it was reported that McManaman was talking to Real with the player reportedly offered £60,000 a week and nearly £2 million as a signing-on fee. On 30 January, McManaman passed a medical and signed an official pre-contract with the club which would make him the best-paid British footballer to date

I'v had mixed feelings about soapy probably same as everybody else but the way I see it is if he doesn't go now and we try to play him he will get bood he's stabbed us in the back tbf it's only natural but on the other hand rangers must be thinking the same so it's in there interests to get him in this window cos they don't want a player who's going to arrive there unfit in the summer especially an injury prone player arriving unfit so I expect 1million and a high sell on clause just my opinion 

2 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

I agree with this but I would like him to start against Auchinleck in the cup and get the hook in the first minute just to **** both him and Sevco off. 

Disagree.

He stays until the summer so no need to cup tie him. He wants away now, that's plainly obvious.

He's under contract and can train on his own to fulfil the clubs contract obligations then he can piss off home every day.

Take the hit on his wages and **** him.

49 minutes ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

Just to follow on to my post, the comments that are being said are an absolute disgrace

What if he is picked to play on Tuesday and shows the same application and effort he has shown all season, will that change your mind? It is not John Souttar who is an embarrassment to our club but the people who would boo a Hearts player while he is wearing the colours, or even worse wish injury on him

Totally agree with your assessment and personal opinion on this .

Can't argue with the factual part of your posts . Simple reason , they are actually facts .

Not seen one of the bammers address these things . Probably never will 

3 hours ago, OTT said:

We're not a club with creditors battering down our door. I don't particularly want their money under these circumstances. I'd rather the club showed a bit of back bone and self respect and told the huns the way they've went about this has been disgusting and the he's not for sale. Then stick the rodent in the reserves and they can have fun trying to get him match fit again next season. 

The right and proper way to do this would have been to sign a fresh 12 month deal on better terms with a gentleman's agreement the club won't stand in his way in the summer. He gets paid more for 6/7 months, and is protected in case he gets injured so can entirely focus on finishing this season strongly (which would have likely increase the quality and volume of options for him in the summer). 

I don't think this is going to be a good move for him tbh and its going to be hilarious to watch. 

Oh yes 😀😀

I don't want to get drawn into a wishing debate but what's worse for the rat's chocolate achilles?

It could be worse for Rangers if he doesn't kick a ball in anger for 6 months.

3 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Totally agree with your assessment and personal opinion on this .

Can't argue with the factual part of your posts . Simple reason , they are actually facts .

Not seen one of the bammers address these things . Probably never will 

Chucking insults at fellow hearts fans who are angry at Souttar slithering along the m8. That’s all the Souttar supporters have been doing all day. Add in a few ‘what if he does this’ or ‘what if this happens’. Just slavers in defence of a guy who has left in the worst possible way to one of the worst possible clubs. 

There are always folk on here who really just come on to claim some sort of high ground. God knows why. 

bigsuperslim1874

He shouldn’t play for us again. 2 of our CBs and our auxiliary CB in Smith have extended deals and are the future we build with. Souttar doesn’t want to be part of that future so adios - feeling bitter and disappointed but not going to wish injury on the guy (we are better than that)….get rid this window or a case of vlad flu is the way to go.

Edited by bigsuperslim1874

Worthing Jambo
4 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Thank **** Kickback decides nothing. Be in the Lowland League by now 

Without some of the fund raising championed on here we probably would be 😘

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Chucking insults at fellow hearts fans who are angry at Souttar slithering along the m8. That’s all the Souttar supporters have been doing all day. Add in a few ‘what if he does this’ or ‘what if this happens’. Just slavers in defence of a guy who has left in the worst possible way to one of the worst possible clubs. 

There are always folk on here who really just come on to claim some sort of high ground. God knows why. 

They're all over Facebook as well. 

Why don't we all calm down. The boy has moved club to increase his salary and which probably suits his circumstances. Give him a break.

How's about **** off. Rat *****.

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

They're all over Facebook as well. 

Why don't we all calm down. The boy has moved club to increase his salary and which probably suits his circumstances. Give him a break.

How's about **** off. Rat *****.

Yeah, it’s not even an argument. The fact that Souttar has looked after his own interests is about the one thing everyone can agree on. I wish him the same success as I’d wish any other rangers player and don’t want to see him in maroon again. 

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

1999 Steve McManaman

In January 1999, it was reported that McManaman was talking to Real with the player reportedly offered £60,000 a week and nearly £2 million as a signing-on fee. On 30 January, McManaman passed a medical and signed an official pre-contract with the club which would make him the best-paid British footballer to date

Good stuff, happy now, can we move on. 

I believe the decision, although I’m not happy with it has a lot to do with family ☹️ Moving to England is not on the agenda so where else would your agent sell your soul 🙄 although I’m not happy, I have to remember he is nota an avid fan but a guy making money 😫 

HeartsandonlyHearts
14 minutes ago, wishawjambo said:

I'v had mixed feelings about soapy probably same as everybody else but the way I see it is if he doesn't go now and we try to play him he will get bood he's stabbed us in the back tbf it's only natural but on the other hand rangers must be thinking the same so it's in there interests to get him in this window cos they don't want a player who's going to arrive there unfit in the summer especially an injury prone player arriving unfit so I expect 1million and a high sell on clause just my opinion 

In my opinion there is no way Newco improve our bank balance now or in the future by giving us a million with additional based on his potential next move. They are not in the business of helping other Scottish teams. They are scum, they take care of #1. Something we should be doing.

Today we focus on one thing and one thing alone: Only Hearts

Thats what we posted when we sued to have our demotion reversed. Time to start living up to the quote.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

In my opinion there is no way Newco improve our bank balance now or in the future by giving us a million with additional based on his potential next move. They are not in the business of helping other Scottish teams. They are scum, they take care of #1. Something we should be doing.

Today we focus on one thing and one thing alone: Only Hearts

Thats what we posted when we sued to have our demotion reversed. Time to start living up to the quote.

Well said, £100-200k at most is what they will bid. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

I believe the decision, although I’m not happy with it has a lot to do with family ☹️ Moving to England is not on the agenda so where else would your agent sell your soul 🙄 although I’m not happy, I have to remember he is nota an avid fan but a guy making money 😫 

Once again though there’s a way of doing it and this isn’t it. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They did this last year. Sign a pre contract then pay £150-200k which might be as good as we can get. 
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/scott-wright-completes-rangers-transfer-23420046

That's what Hearts fans contribute in a month.

I see it as Hearts having stabilized the balance sheet to avoid accepting derisory.offers. if they are serious about 3rd and consider themselves a big club you make it ****ing clear what is expected of this player until the end of his contract.

Edited by Riccarton3

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

That's what Hearts fans contribute in a month.

Fair point.

Its as much we are getting for the Rat. 

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They did this last year. Sign a pre contract then pay £150-200k which might be as good as we can get. 
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/scott-wright-completes-rangers-transfer-23420046

Take it and move on. Our bargaining position is weak. 

Or we make training down Gullane everyday for John till the summer. 🤣

29 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Who are you talking about ?

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I'd be quite happy to pay an extra £20 in February on top of my regular FoH payment to stop him going to the Huns in January. If we collectively matched any derisory offer from them Hearts would have no reason to sell him in this window. He can then rot in the squad as a non picked first team player and hopefully this will **** up his international future. 

Let's do it.

Just now, john thomas said:

Who are you talking about ?

You for one. Calling Hearts fans bammers. Sure sign you don’t have an argument when you’re chucking random insults about. 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Once again though there’s a way of doing it and this isn’t it. 

Nobody wanted him to sign for them but he decided to . As is his right .

What was he supposed to do ?

13 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Bargaining position for the club: stable finances/no need to sell and  Souttar is contracted to Hearts. Unless you think 150k outweighs the above plus  the monies on offer for 3rd and European qualification

Edited by Riccarton3

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

You for one. Calling Hearts fans bammers. Sure sign you don’t have an argument when you’re chucking random insults about. 

I've stated lots of facts , made sensible points . If you like debated (argued) on this subject .

Are you saying the ones that want Souttar's Achilles to explode etc have an argument ?

People who post bammy stuff are , by definition surely , bammers ?

Just now, john thomas said:

I've stated lots of facts , made sensible points . If you like debated (argued) on this subject .

Are you saying the ones that want Souttar's Achilles to explode etc have an argument ?

We’re you jumping on folks backs when they wanted Morelos injured, Scott Brown, Porteous? 

I don’t want anyones ‘Achilles to explode’ but the need for some hearts fans to jump on here and name call fellow fans in defence of that rat just baffles me. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

I'd be quite happy to pay an extra £20 in February on top of my regular FoH payment to stop him going to the Huns in January. If we collectively matched any derisory offer from them Hearts would have no reason to sell him in this window. He can then rot in the squad as a non picked first team player and hopefully this will **** up his international future. 

Let's do it.

Sounds good to me 

18 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Let's do it.

I just don't think there's any need to let him go. Club has already stated it would take an offer Rangers seem unlikely to pay so looks like he's staying. We don't need their money but we want 3rd. Souttar even as a back up player on the bench might be an asset if Neilson goes for those truly committed. 

Edited by Riccarton3

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Then it's rejected

It’s the only thing I’m unsure about, is it worth it to take it and move on or reject it and have us all arguing or lingering about the squad unsettling things. It could detail the season but hopefully Savage can get it sorted. 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I think so. 
He wouldn’t last a week down there. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

It’s the only thing I’m unsure about, is it worth it to take it and move on or reject it and have us all arguing or lingering about the squad unsettling things. It could detail the season but hopefully Savage can get it sorted. 

Take what you can and get him to **** is my opinion. I’m not really buying into the ‘would stop them doing it again’ chat. We need to get good assets tied up on longer contract where possible. That’s the only way to prevent or at least make it rarer for this shit to happen. 

10 hours ago, GinRummy said:

The question is clear 

If we sign a suitable replacement (and TRFC don't stump up the cash), we should use the next 6 months getting the " new" defence to gel.

As far as Souttar is concerned, we should do what's best for our interest, not his.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Nobody wanted him to sign for them but he decided to . As is his right .

What was he supposed to do ?

Ask if there was any chance they could put a bid in for him, ask for a sell on fee to be agreed, show some respect and tell Hearts before it was announced on Twitter, agree to sign but wait a few months. 
There’s been quite a few of our players went to the uglies in my lifetime but I can’t remember this kind of vitriol when it’s been announced, only after Pressley did what he did on the pitch. 

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I'm talking while ignoring  all the rancour about his pre contract. Rangers might be quite relaxed about waiting till summer believing their defence is adequate. But you would think the capture of JS in January would be desired esp with the rewards for winners this year. The guy Balogun is 

Pish, Goldson and Tavernier prone to moments, Helander in and out. Patterson sold

Hearts have their own ambitions with financial rewards at the end so a fee acceptable to Hearts is what needs to be paid else he stays

Edited by Riccarton3

37 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We don't have to sell at that price. One month's FOH pledges covers that. For future situations, we should name our price & stick to it.

Rangers then run the risk of a) not getting the use of him until next season and b) their player sitting in the stand for 6 months.

8 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Are you his Dad ? 😏

This stubborn defence of snakey would suggest you are close to him. 

Now that he's fecked off to Hunbrox you can carry on singing his praises on follow follow or one one of their other horrible chat sites. 

This thread has really flushed out some superior beings with their logical defence of Souttar and his new employers. 

They are not natural. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)