Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

If Souttar helps us to Europe and a cup win and if the manager thinks he is in the right frame of mind to play then that’s all that matters. What I or we think is irrelevant. As soon as he wears their colours he can GTF but he is a professional 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, SM Sheffield said:

If Souttar helps us to Europe and a cup win and if the manager thinks he is in the right frame of mind to play then that’s all that matters. What I or we think is irrelevant. As soon as he wears their colours he can GTF but he is a professional 

Ah, common sense instead of emotional breakdown 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Folk like Wishart reeling off its like any other employment or job change, WTF?  In no other job do you represent a company with a following like a football club, which actually represents a community and city.  Sports people get paid handsomely by that same club at a very young age……. don’t give me this shite that it’s like changing from working at Lloyds Bank to HSBC.

13 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

If. We the fans have a say on Matchday or Night.

Jon Daly is as much of a ***** as the rat.

And a god awful coach.

No wonder him and Levein are constantly called on as mouth pieces for Hearts. The MSM love to contact their regulars to bad mouth us when they can. It's Wishart and Daly today.

Honestly, am I just being paranoid or do  other clubs outwith the OF have a list of people on speed dial for comment on their goings on? I never see it.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, merrymac said:

Who is currently backing JS decision to the hilt in the Sun,and saying that the most diehard  fans will understand his decision (well in touch there😂) It is also apparently the steal of the century.

He is also glad he has gone to Rangers. 

PHM right enough

If anyone needed any more proof about this arsehole.

HeartsandonlyHearts
6 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Folk like Wishart reeling off its like any other employment or job change, WTF?  In no other job do you represent a company with a following like a football club, which actually represents a community and city.  Sports people get paid handsomely by that same club at a very young age……. don’t give me this shite that it’s like changing from working at Lloyds Bank to HSBC.

Wishart is a T!t. He’s always been a t!t when it comes to Hearts. Lost count of the number of times he’s appeared from nowhere to comment on us. Must be the easiest job in football. Wait until Hearts are in the news then come out of hibernation.

Loser.

Where were the weegie red tops when the Celtic fans were slating Rodgers and Tierney for moving on, burning shirts for moving onto 1 of Europe's biggest clubs and securing a multi million£ transfer in tierneys case.  Or when the Huns were ranting on about Gerrard leaving as a betrayal. 

1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

£500,000 was actually the figure I quoted to my Sevco supporting mate, before it was mooted as the figure Hearts are looking for. It seems like a fair amount to me. I don't expect Sevco to offer that much though. It's not their style.

No chance Sevco will pay us any significant fee to get him now. They don’t especially need him right away, and I genuinely think signing him up on a PCA was as much to rub our noses in it as anything else.

It’s mission accomplished as far as they are concerned. They have ‘put us in our place’ and now we are left with a player who is going to a rival in 6 months, and are faced with either freezing him out, or playing him in the knowledge he will have one eye on his next payday and is unlikely to give 100%. So we are weakened, which is what they wanted. When they had money, they used to buy up anyone who starred for another club, without intending to play them, simply to weaken the opposition.

2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

No chance Sevco will pay us any significant fee to get him now. They don’t especially need him right away, and I genuinely think signing him up on a PCA was as much to rub our noses in it as anything else.

It’s mission accomplished as far as they are concerned. They have ‘put us in our place’ and now we are left with a player who is going to a rival in 6 months, and are faced with either freezing him out, or playing him in the knowledge he will have one eye on his next payday and is unlikely to give 100%. So we are weakened, which is what they wanted. When they had money, they used to buy up anyone who starred for another club, without intending to play them, simply to weaken the opposition.

Nailed it to the wall

Craig Levein on Radio Scotland just now saying that the reason Souttar chose Sevco is he wants to stay in Scotland because he has a family member who is dealing with a serious illness. 

Edited by No Idle Talk

1 minute ago, JamboAl1965 said:

Levien explaining southwest decision. Fully understand his decision. 

Apologies. Thought you were talking about CL’s piece in The Sun. 

Edited by GinRummy

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, chrystaf said:

In a nutshell.  Damned if we do and damned if we don't.  Horrible situation.

If he does play, we should just accept it (he's a pro and will still give all for Hearts on the field) and support the team.  There will be life after Souttar.

Definitely,we’ve lost better players. Will need to wait and see what the manager does. 

Elvis is a Hearts legend who loved the club and spoke out when the club was an absolute shambles - he got kicked to the curb for his troubles. Yes he made an emotional mistake but he was hurt by his discarding by the club. Folk talking about him in the way I have seen above just highlights the high contingency of idiots we sometimes have in our supporters ranks - these tits are probably the same idiots who look back at the shambolic and nearly club ending Romanov era fondly.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’d have preferred if he moved to an English Championship club but I’m not going to blame him for deciding to stay in Scotland (no idea if he has a wife or kids to consider), if it suits his circumstances as well as financially.  What I would have liked to have seen is him to do the same as Calum Paterson and negotiate a sell on fee for us.  I think that’s pretty unusual though with out of contract players but would have been a classy touch.  Maybe he has done that, we don’t know.

Let’s hope so 

2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the rangers and the glasgow press have orchestrated the whole situation. They want Soutar at the end of the season but will take him now if they don't have to pay much, so they turn the fans against him then we'll have to sell now for peanuts rather than have a disruptive situation dragging on. They have lots of previous for this sort of thing. 

3 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Craig Levein on Radio Scotland just now saying that the reason Souttar chose Sevco is he wants to stay in Scotland because he has a family member who is dealing with a serious illness. 

So the reason is to move closer to the ill relative that lives in Glasgow.

Oh, a tug on the old Heart string.

OOPS i am so sorry for abusing the God.

The problem here is that we’d all just like him to leave so we can put all this behind us, but the way it’s been done guarantees the story will drag on for another 6 months and cause us endless problems. Which is doubtless precisely the intention.

5 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

That's sad to hear, but he could stay in Scotland without signing a pre contract

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I’m assuming Newco had this information. If only Hearts did. Last I heard he wanted to push himself by moving South. Is Glasgow South of Edinburgh?

I remember years ago a certain Roger Clemens leaving the Red Sox to move closer to family in Texas. He went to Toronto. Another Judas.

9 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Seems a decent reason. Wonder why he didn’t move back to Dundee United. His family are from that area I believe. 

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Seems a decent reason. Wonder why he didn’t move back to Dundee United. His family are from that area I believe. 

About  600000 reasons I'd guess

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Craig Levein talking people business on Radio, giving away reasons for this and that. That guy is the reason why Dopey is in this position.

The Informer was born in Aberdeen

Edited by Factuer Moi

Nucky Thompson

If the Huns don't give us what we want, I would make Souter train with the youths and insisted that he sits in the stand at Tynie on a match day.

Make the next few months as uncomfortable as we can

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

The weegie red tops have gone into overdrive aided by gullible idiots like Levein. Only thing missing is the violins playing a lament in the background and crocodile tears. 

No longer active

We are Hearts fans. There is nothing wrong with discussing a transfer and how that will affect our team or any other team.

There is nothing wrong with showing our disappointment when a player leaves. But I don't get this traitor bs!

We are in danger of making us all look like idiots the way some of us are posting about a player leaving Hearts albeit for a competitor in the league and hoping he injures himself or whatever.

I reckon if he is here 'til the summer then he will expect to get a fair amount of flak from the stands, he will appreciate that there is disappointment with his decision; but let's not look like bitter twisted idiots. We are Hearts fans! 

11 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

The problem here is that we’d all just like him to leave so we can put all this behind us, but the way it’s been done guarantees the story will drag on for another 6 months and cause us endless problems. Which is doubtless precisely the intention.

it is only day three and i am pissed right off with Dopey and his admiring wall flowers

7 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

The weegie red tops have gone into overdrive aided by gullible idiots like Levein. Only thing missing is the violins playing a lament in the background and crocodile tears. 

The only thing I know is if I had a family member who was ill enough to make me stay in the country I’d be looking for a job more local than the one I had, not farther away. Money isn’t everything in these situations so for that reason, I’m sorry for anyone who has an ill family member because I know what that is like but I’m calling bullshit on Craig Levein. 

Edited by GinRummy

Fire_At_The_Disco
16 minutes ago, Arfur said:

Elvis is a Hearts legend who loved the club and spoke out when the club was an absolute shambles - he got kicked to the curb for his troubles. Yes he made an emotional mistake but he was hurt by his discarding by the club. Folk talking about him in the way I have seen above just highlights the high contingency of idiots we sometimes have in our supporters ranks - these tits are probably the same idiots who look back at the shambolic and nearly club ending Romanov era fondly.

A legend ??? He kissed the Celtic badge in front of our support ya madman

24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If anyone needed any more proof about this arsehole.

Noticed very poor reviews on JS new coffee shop over the last 24 hours, not sure if that's a coincidence.  

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The only thing I know is if I had a family member who was ill enough to make me stay in the country I’d be looking for a job more local than the one I had, not farther away. Money isn’t everything in these situations so for that reason, I’m sorry for anyone who has an I’ll family member because I know what that is like but I’m calling bullshit on Craig Levein. 

Funny how this story about ill relative suddenly appeared courtesy of a clown who left the club in tatters. 

6 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

We are Hearts fans. There is nothing wrong with discussing a transfer and how that will affect our team or any other team.

There is nothing wrong with showing our disappointment when a player leaves. But I don't get this traitor bs!

We are in danger of making us all look like idiots the way some of us are posting about a player leaving Hearts albeit for a competitor in the league and hoping he injures himself or whatever.

I reckon if he is here 'til the summer then he will expect to get a fair amount of flak from the stands, he will appreciate that there is disappointment with his decision; but let's not look like bitter twisted idiots. We are Hearts fans! 

I don’t wish him an injury but don’t want to see him play for hearts again so if someone wishes any other rangers player an injury on this forum it tends to pass without incident. Souttar has looked after himself here without a care in the world for the fans or the club, which is absolutely his right. As you say, if he hangs about he can expect flak, so I don’t see the problem. 

Just now, OldGorgie said:

Funny how this story about ill relative suddenly appeared courtesy of a clown who left the club in tatters. 

Convenient. What’s not convenient is he’s chose a job that needs him to travel away to Europe semi regularly and is further away from his home than the job he has. Hardly the actions of someone who has an ill family member foremost in his mind. 

50 minutes ago, Selkirk_Jambo said:

Here we go...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-souttar-rangers-transfer-traitor-25960227

It'll be 'End my Hearts hell' by the end of the week, nap. 

What qualifies that ****ing idiot to an opinion? God awful coach that couldn't even keep the team fit. An embarrassment that he thinks he's in a position to even whisper anything about our club. 3rd biggest club in Scotland relegated because of the gross incompetence of him and his colleagues. 

Every time the record puts out a Souttar headline, our asking price should go up by another £100k. 

1 minute ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

A legend ??? He kissed the Celtic badge in front of our support ya madman

Some people make your blood boil. I wasn't going to reply to that post directly. Romanov left us with a near identical debt that he took over.

I am definitely one of those idiotic tits. That Man with all his failings and terrible accountancy skills brought Us so much more than we ever thought.

We all knew it was going to be a journey getting into the limelight, Vlad done that. I give him a lot of credit for being a fan owned club.

He set us up to fall, without him we would have been a lot worse off. Two Scottish Cups, Champions League Qualifier's. No new stand with hotel. His ineptitude taught us many lessons and showed us what we had in Fan support for the club.

So yeah i am one of those idiotic tits who loved it .

wattie exploited

If we get someone in to replace him then I would make him train with the kids as he is going to get loads of hate if he plays and makes any type of error and It will not be good for the team :rifle:

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The only thing I know is if I had a family member who was ill enough to make me stay in the country I’d be looking for a job more local than the one I had, not farther away. Money isn’t everything in these situations so for that reason, I’m sorry for anyone who has an I’ll family member because I know what that is like but I’m calling bullshit on Craig Levein. 

Agree. So why didn’t he just give us everything for 6 months and make his decision in the summer🤷‍♂️? Why do it this way? We wouldn’t have liked it but at least would would have respected it.  This just stinks. 

bigsuperslim1874

If there is anything in the Ill family member thing then that’s a shame regardless of all this palaver……but why would any talks have been held with Blackburn/Sheff Utd then if it was about staying up here regardless? 🤔

Edited by bigsuperslim1874

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

Agree. So why didn’t he just give us everything for 6 months and make his decision in the summer🤷‍♂️? Why do it this way? We wouldn’t have liked it but at least would would have respected it.  This just stinks. 

Levein is an utter *****. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)