Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )

Maroon Sailor

17 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Pubs will be limited as well

Now changes to pubs was table service and 1 metre between groups of three households 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Last game at tynie and Dens on Saturday there were very few masks being worn inside the concourse, catering kiosks and toilets.  It was disappointing, even my 9 year old grandson commented on it. 

I always wear mine where appropriate but it’s more that it makes other people feel comfortable. Can’t really see restrictions having much effect on the spread of the virus tbh. Either shut the whole country down or don’t. Singling out large events or hospitality is just doing huge financial harm for very little reward. Folk on the dole probably don’t worry about covid so much as what they’re going to eat. 

Edited by GinRummy

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

This will be the next advice before leaving your home.

Remember to wear this

20211221_151335.thumb.jpg.d485838731ec711c66ac7c65e5ff3256.jpg

I prefer the ones with the air pump. Makes me look all fancy

jamboinglasgow

Also feels a bit mad that they talk of needing to cut to 500 people at games to stop Omicron spreading yet there is 3 Premiership games tomorrow including Celtic going to St Mirren so will be a packed crowd. Surely they would be best limiting those matches as well. Otherwise it looks arbitrary. 

I can understand having some restrictions in numbers at games, but it feels more like randomly picking a number out of the air instead of a reasoned and balanced policy where health can be protected but the right number of fans can still get in. So for example 500 at Celtic park is 0.8% capacity for the old firm match, 500 at Easter Road for the derby is 2.5%. Kelty Hearts have a derby against Cowdenbeath and 500 spectators is 23% of their capcity. Worse still is Edinburgh city play at home on the same day and 500 is 100% of their capacity.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Also feels a bit mad that they talk of needing to cut to 500 people at games to stop Omicron spreading yet there is 3 Premiership games tomorrow including Celtic going to St Mirren so will be a packed crowd. Surely they would be best limiting those matches as well. Otherwise it looks arbitrary. 

I can understand having some restrictions in numbers at games, but it feels more like randomly picking a number out of the air instead of a reasoned and balanced policy where health can be protected but the right number of fans can still get in. So for example 500 at Celtic park is 0.8% capacity for the old firm match, 500 at Easter Road for the derby is 2.5%. Kelty Hearts have a derby against Cowdenbeath and 500 spectators is 23% of their capcity. Worse still is Edinburgh city play at home on the same day and 500 is 100% of their capacity.

Dammed if they do dammed if they dont

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

If all cases reported since the beginning of December were Omicron then your argument would stand up. Delta was still the prominent variant until Friday.

I put up an illustration of the progression/doubling of the Omicron Variant on the Covid thread in the Shed, but it is worth repeating here to aid understanding.  The reported figures suggest that Delta cases are stable (R no = 1) and that the recent increase is driven by Omicron (R no >3).

Day 1 10,000 cases (9900 Delta, 100 Omicron)

Day 3 10,100 cases (9900 Delta, 200 Omicron)

Day 5 10,300 cases (9900 Delta, 400 Omicron)

Day 7 10,700 cases (9900 Delta, 800 Omicron)

Day 9 11,500 cases (9900 Delta, 1600 Omicron)

Day 11 13,100 cases (9900 Delta, 3200 Omicron)

Day 13 16,300 cases (9900 Delta, 6400 Omicron)

Day 15 22,700 cases (9900 Delta, 12,800 Omicron)

The above example shows the total number of cases doubling over two weeks, but with Omicron doubling every two days.  Without mitigating actions that doubling would lead to an exponential increase in case numbers.  The guidelines that have announced before today may already have slowed that increase as parties and events have been cancelled.

Stronger restrictions as announced today should also slow the rate of increase going forward.

That's the theory, lets hope it works in practice. 

This. 

As Sturgeon said, a week ago Omicron was 27% of cases. Today it is nearly 63% and infecting 3 or 4 times as many people as Delta. Folk like to point out that Omicron is milder than delta. If Omicron is even half as deadly as Delta that still means that within the next few weeks we would see 1000s dying every week again shortly with 1000s more taking up hospital beds. Unless restrictions are brought in. It's not hard to understand why the Gov feel they need to do something. Problem is how deadly is Omicron?

Horatio Caine

In the discussion afterwards they were talking in terms that the football will be BCD.  Does this mean that the 500 will be made up of officials and press/TV crews only with no room for ordinary punters like us?

7 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

But the three weeks isnt just for football ?

Of course !

Listen, I'm not going to get bent out of shape about this, it was coming.

The Championship, League 1 and 2 will have a lesser effect than the SPL.

League 1 and 2 actually not really affected at all going by attendance.

It's the old Hearts TV for our next two home games and taghe Derby on the box.

Plenty drink and food ! I'll cope !

👍

Jambof3tornado
24 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I feel for you but I think when it comes to vacs what makes these youngsters so special that they don’t vac if they don’t vac they should be dubbed up in their homes it’s because of them this is being spread

When i said younger i mean u50s too.

My 24 year old son got his booster yesterday.

Its not twentysomethings that are ****ing this up.

6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Is that the only colour it comes in.

How much can it hold? 

3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

St Mirren still have the covid expert stewards from when they played us in March 2020 tbf

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

This. 

As Sturgeon said, a week ago Omicron was 27% of cases. Today it is nearly 63% and infecting 3 or 4 times as many people as Delta. Folk like to point out that Omicron is milder than delta. If Omicron is even half as deadly as Delta that still means that within the next few weeks we would see 1000s dying every week again shortly with 1000s more taking up hospital beds. Unless restrictions are brought in. It's not hard to understand why the Gov feel they need to do something. Problem is how deadly is Omicron?

Omicron is nowhere near half as dangerous. More vaccines in arms and better medication and understanding of the disease will see us through.

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Test rate percentage is the number of positive tests divided by the total number of tests conducted multiplied by a hundred.  Only two factors in the calculation - number of tests conducted, number of those tests that come back positive. Not sure how you don’t understand that both elements equally drive the %age outcome. 

Based on what you say, if it’s correct, how can this possibly end in three weeks? 

I'm pretty sure he meant positive test rate percentage.  Which is not affected by the number of tests

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Think sturgeon said 80% of cases were 20-24 year olds. And that that demographic are least vaccinated. Generally fine if they just spread it amongst themselves of course.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Majority are they don’t mask up on transport or shops a lot of them don’t give one they would if they lost a relative then they’d be rolling their sleeves 

Just saw this on the news.  Much prefer the restriction to games being postponed but I understood that is you were triple vaccinated, omicrom was nothing to worry about.

Bit confused really.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Omicron is nowhere near half as dangerous. More vaccines in arms and better medication and understanding of the disease will see us through.

Hopefully you are right, but where is that info coming from?

HeartsandonlyHearts

I say call the league now just to hear the Celtic hypocrisy in full. We’ll take third thanks. And the #obos can have their usual $#!te pay out for being crap.

The SPL should now follow suit and bring the winter shutdown forward to the 26th, this way the fans might have a chance of attending these games later in the season.  Far to sensible for Doncaster to consider this in my view. 

Ainsley Harriott
7 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

This. 

Jesus can't believe your actually listening to and taking serious a word that woman says.

husref musemic
14 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

They have done this with no data to back it up, just the same erroneous modelling. Cases in SA already falling and virtually no uptick in hospitalisations and just to remind people only 26% of the population in SA are two dose vaccinated. But yes lets get booster 4, 5, 6…

So what goves you any confidence this will be lifted in three weeks. If they don’t even need data now to put restrictions on our freedoms, then they certainly wont use the data to give us them back. 

Utterly disgraceful decision. 

i found this helpful when reflecting on today's goon show announcement :

Edited by husref musemic

23 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Why would you not have tested without an email? The advice was to test twice a week without symptoms and that changed recently to test whenever you put yourself into a social situation like meeting family and friends.

Thats true, I test once a week or more if I am going/been somewhere but I wouldn't have tested on Monday as I was working from home. Drives home your point though :thumbs_up:

1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Jesus can't believe your actually listening to and taking serious a word that woman says.

I don't take her, Boris or any petition seriously. I'm fair to them all.

31 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Test rate % has nothing to do with number of tests. It's a % not a number. If it goes up then it means it's spreading through more people.

The other markers you mention won't show any increase for a couple of weeks from now. 3 weeks ago when Omicron appeared here there were a handful of cases, usually hospitalisation follows 2 weeks later and deaths weeks after that. Of course hospitalizations won't be increased yet as only a handful had it.

Now we are at 1000s picking it up a day so if there is to be an increase we will see it going forward.

Hopefully it doesn't increase and these restrictions come to an end after 3 weeks.

At that stage the Scottish Gov can make plans to come up with a long term plan as this isn't sustainable.

% of positive cases isn’t necessarily reliable data for ‘trends’ at this time of year tbh. Those actually getting tested at the moment will more then likely be genuinely ill and needing confirmation if it’s this or that, the number of people who’ve got a slight cough or a bit of headache ‘just checking’ will have declined massively because they can’t be arsed risking getting a positive and missing Christmas.

There wasn’t consequences to ‘just checking’ a month ago, now there is. 

1 minute ago, Bing1874 said:

And who decides what variant you have??its a swab up the beak not blood tests..made up propaganda from a failing government 

Nose and throat.

You don’t just get DNA in blood..

8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

This. 

The restrictions will make little difference. In 4 days time the entire country will be spending 4 or 5 hours in each other living rooms with no masks. A week later a sizeable proportion will be crammed into each other houses at New Years parties and then a couple of days after that everyone will toddle off back to work and school. 

Saving the NHS by asking folk to stay a metre apart in pubs or to not go to football is utter nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

% of positive cases isn’t necessarily reliable data for ‘trends’ at this time of year tbh. Those actually getting tested at the moment will more then likely be genuinely ill and needing confirmation if it’s this or that, the number of people who’ve got a slight cough or a bit of headache ‘just checking’ will have declined massively because they can’t be arsed risking getting a positive and missing Christmas.

There wasn’t consequences to ‘just checking’ a month ago, now there is. 

You're probably right tbh. Though I'd say from my experience the test centres are probably one of the least likely places you are going to catch it. Unless there are big queues I suppose.

Just now, hearts00 said:

No booster for me.

Not taking part in an emergency medical research regime any longer for a mild cold. 

And they better not come for the kids. 

😆

Just now, Ibrahim Tall said:

Nose and throat.

You don’t just get DNA in blood..

Aye mate i know that it goes in a bag then in a bin afterwards not taking away for tests 🤣

5 minutes ago, goader said:

The SPL should now follow suit and bring the winter shutdown forward to the 26th, this way the fans might have a chance of attending these games later in the season.  Far to sensible for Doncaster to consider this in my view. 

Doncaster is an arse but he’s hamstrung as he’s under contract with SKY to show these games on the scheduled dates - why are people not getting this! 🤷‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

In the discussion afterwards they were talking in terms that the football will be BCD.  Does this mean that the 500 will be made up of officials and press/TV crews only with no room for ordinary punters like us?

Depends who you know 😎

3 minutes ago, Bing1874 said:

And who decides what variant you have??its a swab up the beak not blood tests..made up propaganda from a failing government 

PCR tests show up various things. One of them is a characteristic that Omicron is present. Unless of course you are a conspiracy theorist who won't believe anything.

4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I don't take her, Boris or any petition seriously. I'm fair to them all.

Both need removed from office. There is a psychosis now in decision makers. The only infection they should be worrying about is the one in their minds.  

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Doncaster is an arse but he’s hamstrung as he’s under contract with SKY to show these games on the scheduled dates - why are people not getting this! 🤷‍♂️

Bet he doesn't even ask

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

They could postpone all other fixtures though. 

Fxxx the SPFL
19 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

usual attendance

I’m amazed at how upset people are about missing a few football matches. 

There is so much other stuff going on which is well worth getting upset about, yet some are greeting that their Christmas plans have been disrupted. 

This ultimately about saving lives and preventing the NHS from collapse. Think about that if you have to dial 999 this Christmas. 

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

PCR tests show up various things. One of them is a characteristic that Omicron is present. Unless of course you are a conspiracy theorist who won't believe anything.

Yup. There are 3 target gene markers for the PCR tests and Omicron seems to be missing one, S gene dropout, so they can use PCR tests to estimate Omicron cases. 

Just now, Mister Dee said:

There is so much other stuff going on which is well worth getting upset about, yet some are greeting that their Christmas plans have been disrupted. 

This ultimately about saving lives and preventing the NHS from collapse. Think about that if you have to dial 999 this Christmas. 

How many lives are these new measures going to save?

Do you think Hearts will still try and allow 500 season ticket holders to attend?  Will the 500 include players, officials, media, etc. etc.

1 minute ago, Mister Dee said:

People don’t see the big picture mate until one of their friends or family have been affected Christ some of them still believe that it’s a hoax

Fxxx the SPFL

Just looked at the LFT tests that the wife gets through her work produced by Zhejiang Orient Biotech based in guess where China hey ho the'll be making billions population of over 1 billion very few deaths hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Heartsmad1874
3 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

:bolt: 

AlphonseCapone
4 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

I don't think that attitude is helpful. Plenty people struggle with mental health issues, especially around Christmas and football is an outlet that provide relief. 

There are too many covid nutters on one side and too many self-righteous folk on the other. Learn some compassion and understanding that folk might have different problems than you do in life. 

4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Yup. There are 3 target gene markers for the PCR tests and Omicron seems to be missing one, S gene dropout, so they can use PCR tests to estimate Omicron cases. 

Sounds very accurate 👌 

2 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Just looked at the LFT tests that the wife gets through her work produced by Zhejiang Orient Biotech based in guess where China hey ho the'll be making billions population of over 1 billion very few deaths hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I do love shit like this though. 

27 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

They’re still pitching up in small numbers at ER!

0190BFFD-C2CB-4D53-BAAC-8F81672E4C57.jpeg

Edited by Thomaso

• davemclaren changed the title to Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )
  • JKBMod 3 locked this topic