Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )

Maroon Sailor

Just now, InternationalJambo said:

All fair points on the other side of the coin but what I want to know - that no one has been able to answer so far is - where’s the endgame? 

I understand we need to do all we can to help protect the vulnerable and that is our responsibility but at what cost? Without meaning to get political how long are you willing to let the Scottish and even to an extent the UK government make these types of decisions that are screwing over the vast majority of the population? What is their basis on bringing in restrictions again when their own words were back to normal when you get the vaccine? Now it’s the booster… Wonder what’ll be next? 

We’re doomed ,doomed I tell you

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

All fair points on the other side of the coin but what I want to know - that no one has been able to answer so far is - where’s the endgame? 

I understand we need to do all we can to help protect the vulnerable and that is our responsibility but at what cost? Without meaning to get political how long are you willing to let the Scottish and even to an extent the UK government make these types of decisions that are screwing over the vast majority of the population? What is their basis on bringing in restrictions again when their own words were back to normal when you get the vaccine? Now it’s the booster… Wonder what’ll be next? 

I'm definitely at the stage where I think they need to move on now. How they go about that is anyone's guess. 

Hagar the Horrible

So Doncaster right now will be flying about like a fly trying to get out of an open window, and avoiding not being hit by a tea towel.  he must have surely asked via the JRG wtf is going on.  So they will do something reactive and whatever the non common sense approach is?  They might as well shut down now for 3 weeks and have the games postponed until then

Or declare us champions as we are top on the FFP league

InternationalJambo
4 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

We’re doomed ,doomed I tell you

If you’re happy letting the government dictate your life for the rest of time then yes, you most definitely are doomed 👍

I think it the right decision. 

From a selfish point of view its shite but you've got to think of the auld folk, those that are vulnerable and the impact on the NHS. It's a sensible decision.

If you’re happy letting the government dictate your life for the rest of time then yes, you most definitely are doomed 👍

I’m not happy but I’m lucky I’ve not lost anyone but people have so in the scheme of things football is a game it’s not life 

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

From a selfish point of view its shite but you've got to think of the auld folk, those that are vulnerable and the impact on the NHS. It's a sensible decision.

All the old and vulnerable people I know are jabbed to the eyeballs now. Trying to work out the logic on that one. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

What a sensible post 🥸🥸

Everyone will moan about it until it's them needing a hospital bed or someone they give a shit about, then they'll change their tune.

1 hour ago, ericb said:

So I have my ST for boxing day, hospitality for 29th, a derby ticket, and an event on hogmany, and lost them all, Merry Christmas Nicola.

So should we put everyone else's health at risk so you can have a few days out, I don't think so.

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to give the hospitality punters first dibs on the 500 spectators who will be allowed, your s/t covers the other home game, and the Derby ticket is just tough t***y, at least costs H1b5 rather than us,

Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

All the old and vulnerable people I know are jabbed to the eyeballs now. Trying to work out the logic on that one. 

It’s not so much that it’s to stop the services collapsing under the weight of absences and not knowing enough about the varient

InternationalJambo
4 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I’m not happy but I’m lucky I’ve not lost anyone but people have so in the scheme of things football is a game it’s not life 

Correct. But I’ll ask again what is the endgame? 

Edited by InternationalJambo

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Everyone will moan about it until it's them needing a hospital bed or someone they give a shit about, then they'll change their tune.

Spot on

Correct. But I’ll ask again where is the endgame? 

There isn’t one until everyone is jabbed or we nuke China 

Just now, buzzbomb1958 said:

It’s not so much that it’s to stop the services collapsing under the weight of absences and not knowing enough about the varient

Which these restriction won’t achieve? Surely nobody in their right mind thinks they will. 

InternationalJambo
Just now, buzzbomb1958 said:

So we will be stuck getting boosters for the rest of our lives and if folk oppose this will be the new norm? 

35 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

They’re still pitching up in small numbers at ER!

0190BFFD-C2CB-4D53-BAAC-8F81672E4C57.jpeg

That's a big crowd for them. Look at the state o them 🤣

• JKBMod 3 changed the title to Festive Fixtures - 500 crowd limit ( updated )
Jambof3tornado
53 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Hopefully you are right, but where is that info coming from?

The patients we are seeing in the hospital and reputable online resources regarding how hard south africa has been hit without it having much impact even though they have much higher rate of vaccine hesitancy. A less serious variation of covid is a good thing and is not unexpected.

2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

But everyone won’t get jabbed so what’s the endgame then?

do we go on like this forever everytime there’s a new variant?

2 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

So we will be stuck getting boosters for the rest of our lives and if folk oppose this will be the new norm? 

It’ll be the new norm even with boosters imo. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, escobri said:

Clubs are in talks about bringing forward the winter break, not sure if it would help in any major way though.

Presumably bringing it forward would mean restarting earlier ? Or is just extending it, starting now ?

Once again the Scottish administration gives football a kicking after we've obeyed all the rules of mask wearing and vaccination certification for weeks. The SPFL should act now and postpone all football until the end of January at least. I know it's Hibs who will suffer financially from playing behind closed doors but a shutdown like this is just not fair an home clubs.

3 minutes ago, escobri said:

Clubs are in talks about bringing forward the winter break, not sure if it would help in any major way though.

It’s all about getting a crowd in for the old firm game. 

1 minute ago, InternationalJambo said:

It’s like other pandemics one day they are here next day they are gone ,when that day is nobody knows

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Thats life though, even precovid, people dont give a crap about xyz until it directly impacts them.

Always will be.

Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

You know the jab doesn't give complete protection? It merely lowers the risk of hospitalisation.

Secondly, the first two doses only protected against the 1st variants of covid, I'm sure I read that vaccination only gives 27% protection against this variant. 

So it doesn't matter if you're vaccinated, it still has the potential to affect many and cause hospitalisation. 

Again, there is a limited amount of beds, a limited amount of staff that the NHS can throw at this and you have to remember there are people who get injured daily and who suffer from other illnesses that need a hospital bed. We can't afford to allow covid to double or treble those needing hospital treatment or the NHS will collapse. It's about protecting people and services, it wasn't a decision to pass on folks chips. It's necessary. 

At the end of the day, we can still watch the football on the telly from the comfort and safety of our own homes.

This variant spreads easily but is less harmful ,nevertheless I'm sure our NHS wouldn't cope if restrictions weren't brought in .

I'm isolating as 2 people in our household have tested positive and even though I'm negative must isolate as well. 

The break should be brought forward immediately, its only going to get worse in the next few days. 

Hibs stealing a march on us again 🙁

First in Europe

Scoreboard

Floodlights 

And been playing in front of 500 fans for weeks now 

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'm very disappointed that I won't get to the games next week and I do think it's a bit of an over reaction, but the SG are on a hiding to nothing with this so no point in getting too wound up about it. They're doing what they think is right and that's what they're there to do so we'll have to let them get on with it.

Just now, dav1e said:

This variant spreads easily but is less harmful ,nevertheless I'm sure our NHS wouldn't cope if restrictions weren't brought in .

I'm isolating as 2 people in our household have tested positive and even though I'm negative must isolate as well. 

The break should be brought forward immediately, its only going to get worse in the next few days. 

Yes it’s the damage this does to the infrastructure they are worried. about also with people having to self isolate meaning no trains no buses and less essential services 

I just had omicron and it was totally fine - I had hardly noticed I had any symptoms, just a bit tired and the odd sneeze.

The data suggests that there are loads of cases (insane amounts) but that hardly anyone gets unwell... almost all people who have a reaction beyond a bit of a cold are unvaccinated which are a tiny proportion of our overall population with 89% having had the first dose, 83% having the second and I think more than half now having the booster.

Why have restrictions when we know the above? There is no point.

Why have restrictions at all when it isn't bad enough? It is a very slippery slope to go down if you subscribe to the premise that we should all be locked up or similar 'just in case'. There are so many 'just in case' scenarios that we'd be under house arrest far too often.

But what does one expect from Nicola? Nothing rational is my answer.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Most of the old people dying as covid statistics are not dying due to covid, they are simply testing positive near the end.

Yes this is an alarming reality because the way it is being represented is not entirely accurate. This also gives people a reason to listen to silly people more often as well because the journalists don't have great credibility... 

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, escobri said:

I can see this happening as Celtic won’t want to feel disadvantaged by having only 500 fans at the OF derby.  

Tom Hardy’s Dug
16 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If you need a hospital bed to operate to remove a tumour that will otherwise become incurable or for an unvaccinated covid (the huge majority of covid beds) - who should get it?

4 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I'm very disappointed that I won't get to the games next week and I do think it's a bit of an over reaction, but the SG are on a hiding to nothing with this so no point in getting too wound up about it. They're doing what they think is right and that's what they're there to do so we'll have to let them get on with it.

Sorry but allowing the SG to continue to make so many decisions unsupported by data and evidence is just ridiculous. Where does it all end. Enough is enough quite frankly. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Yes this is an alarming reality because the way it is being represented is not entirely accurate. This also gives people a reason to listen to silly people more often as well because the journalists don't have great credibility... 

until a month ago had I been knocked over and killed by a bus I’d have been a covid death statistic. Mental.

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Unfortunately, true. 

3 minutes ago, JamboBoy said:

You are missing the whole point here. It is about civil liberties being abused. What is the point of us all having these jabs and our lives are screwed anyway? There are no facts provided on what exactly the impact of the omicron variant is in terms of infections and more importantly hospital admissions and deaths. Provide the facts and the data and we can all make our minds up on what risks we are prepared to take on an individual basis. We are being totally controlled by control freaks who love the influence they are being allowed to apply every single one of our lives. Enough is enough and please don’t tell me the NHS is on its knees. No it isn’t - nowhere near it. It is just PR spin to justify certain people’s actions. End of!

Try going to A +E  at the moment the places are overrun with ambulance patients lying in corridors ,I’ve seen it myself had to wait 5hours to be seen so don’t talk crap

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I can see this happening as Celtic won’t want to feel disadvantaged by having only 500 fans at the OF derby.  

Celtic are reported to be one of the teams. 👏

2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Try going to A +E  at the moment the places are overrun with ambulance patients lying in corridors ,I’ve seen it myself had to wait 5hours to be seen so don’t talk crap

Hope you got the treatment you needed. 

Hagar the Horrible

Our website is still pushing ticket sales for the Derby and Ross County Games, which to me proves clubs got little or no notice

Edited by Hagar the Horrible

2 minutes ago, JamboBoy said:

Sorry but allowing the SG to continue to make so many decisions unsupported by data and evidence is just ridiculous. Where does it all end. Enough is enough quite frankly. 

The data and evidence for this new variant doesn't exist yet. That's the whole point surely. They are looking and the worst case scenario. They are on a hiding to nothing whatever way they jump. I wouldn't have her job for anything.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Hope you got the treatment you needed. 

Was my wife but yes eventually but walking out I felt heart sorry for the staff who looked out on their feet they are heroes

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If you need a hospital bed to operate to remove a tumour that will otherwise become incurable or for an unvaccinated covid (the huge majority of covid beds) - who should get it?

There's people with vulnerable immune systems that need operations but sometimes they cannot because covid is rife within hospitals. So the choice is , cancel or delay the operation and they might die or go to hospital for the operation with the risk of catching covid and they might also die.

1 minute ago, 1953 said:

The data and evidence for this new variant doesn't exist yet. That's the whole point surely. They are looking and the worst case scenario. They are on a hiding to nothing whatever way they jump. I wouldn't have her job for anything.

Nobody can really think these latest restrictions will have any meaningful effect though? I mean how could they possibly?

1 minute ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Was my wife but yes eventually but walking out I felt heart sorry for the staff who looked out on their feet they are heroes

Yeah, until you’ve been in hospital you don’t realise what a fantastic job they do. 

• Moderators

Can we try and focus on the football specifics. There are threads in the Shed where people can post on and have bunfights around the general political and virological issues they see around it. Posts and members will be removed from this thread for serious and/or recurring breaches of this. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )
  • JKBMod 3 locked this topic