Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )

Maroon Sailor

The game on Boxing Day and the 29th will be held behind close doors I reckon.

Typical as I have just bought tickets for games to both of those matches.

Will Hearts refund if the game has to be played behind closed doors, can you go to another future game instead or is the ticket money just non-refundable?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The Welsh bloke opened up the floodgates, John. 

Played right in to her hands

Maroon Sailor

It is understood much of the concern around sporting fixtures in Scotland is centred on fans travelling to and from matches and close contact with other people in queues and toilets.

I would rather the games where called off and played at a later date. Playing behind closed doors gives the hobo's an advantage as they have pretty much being doing this all season at the methodrome.

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It is understood much of the concern around sporting fixtures in Scotland is centred on fans travelling to and from matches and close contact with other people in queues and toilets.

The next 3 games are getting played behind closed doors. Just need to accept it I suppose.

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Lambo85 said:

The next 3 games are getting played behind closed doors. Just need to accept it I suppose.

Looks pretty nailed on

InternationalJambo
7 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Who said they’d blame the travel?? BINGO. What a joke. 

InternationalJambo
40 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

There really is no need to do that, there really isn't.

Shocking isn’t it?

20 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Masks have been proven time and again to reduce the spread of infection. 

Many of us have chucked the idea of wearing a mask at Tynecastle when moving to/from seats - might be time to get the head in the game around this and do what we all can to keep the show on the road. 

scott herbertson
44 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Gives Hibs an unfair advantage

They're already used to it

Pasquale for King

Not looking good at all, with no furlough it’s lockdown by stealth and all restrictions that can be put in place will be. 

How can you ban football matches but keep nightclubs etc open. Absolute shambles. Its all a lot of nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Played right in to her hands

Yes because politicians just love to make unpopular , vote losing decisions .

I'm as dopy as the next man , how can people not see it is a simple numbers game 

Reducing the amount of close contact between huge numbers of people reduces the amount of infection .

The non vaccinated , non mask wearing arseholes running around infecting people ?

Maybe a concentration camp on Leith links ?

Pasquale for King
Just now, Negan said:

How can you ban football matches but keep nightclubs etc open. Absolute shambles. Its all a lot of nonsense. 

I think they will be closed too, maybe curfews reintroduced in pubs also. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think they will be closed too, maybe curfews reintroduced in pubs also. 

We have literally not moved on one bit since the start of all this. This basically means they dont trust the vaccines or the passport checking system. Madness.

Ex member of the SaS
2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The problem is pal that the games aren't drawn in a manner that  football fans and present circumstances would determine would be the best way to do it. It all revolves around the OF, and any derby matches fitting in somewhere over New Year. Logic has never ever been taken into account in such things.

I'd hope that games will be allowed to go ahead, and if people follow the guidelines then things should be OK I'd imagine. Again though there are those who aren't vaccinated, either through choice or indeed because an existing health situation, or their age means they don't need to be. But you would think or hope that those who fall into any of those categories would apply a little common sense at this time and look for alternative means of watching games during this coming period. 

It can be spread by the vaccinated too so why single out those who are not? If people are careful and stay home with even the slighted doubt then things should be fine. It boils down to people not being selfish and staying in if there is any indication they may have it.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Negan said:

We have literally not moved on one bit since the start of all this. This basically means they dont trust the vaccines or the passport checking system. Madness.

More like they don’t trust anti vaxxers and those that don’t wear masks, every country is the same unfortunately. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

It can be spread by the vaccinated too so why single out those who are not? If people are careful and stay home with even the slighted doubt then things should be fine. It boils down to people not being selfish and staying in if there is any indication they may have it.

Because they’re the ones that are dying and clogging up the NHS, if everyone in the world was vaccinated,like they are for other things like Polio, it would help virtually eradicate this eventually. 

Tokyo Drifter

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but if there's a fan ban on the cards there's no way the SPFL will go along with it until after Celtic have played Rangers - unless they're ordered to by the government.

7 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but if there's a fan ban on the cards there's no way the SPFL will go along with it until after Celtic have played Rangers - unless they're ordered to by the government.

I suspect that may come today

6 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Are you suggesting that the Old Firm game will be allowed to go ahead on the Sunday as normal with a fan ban starting on the following day?

25 minutes ago, Negan said:

They'll be shut too.

21 minutes ago, Negan said:

Had Omicron not shown up we would be cruising through Christmas fine. Stuff has been open pretty much normally for months.

Omicron did show up though and now they are keeking it. Can understand it for now but we need a long term plan now. Variants are always going to come and go. At what point do you just get on with it?

MaskedMarauder

Just seen this news that we are probably getting shut down and feel like I’ve been punched in the gut. Soul destroying having the football taken away from us again after all this we’ve done with vaccines etc. Total nonsense! Feel like just greeting right now tbh 

Theme From Sparta F.C.
30 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

But the amount of NHS Staff having to self isolate is going up. Leaving the Hospitals etc short staffed.

If that gets worse then the NHS will be overwhelmed with capacity greatly reduced.

14 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Had Omicron not shown up we would be cruising through Christmas fine. Stuff has been open pretty much normally for months.

Omicron did show up though and now they are keeking it. Can understand it for now but we need a long term plan now. Variants are always going to come and go. At what point do you just get on with it?

THIS!!!

We need to know what the long term plan is ASAP.

We have all be vaccinated and are getting our boosters.

We cannot be having nation wide lockdowns every year for years to come.

2 minutes ago, Theme From Sparta F.C. said:

But the amount of NHS Staff having to self isolate is going up. Leaving the Hospitals etc short staffed.

If that gets worse then the NHS will be overwhelmed with capacity greatly reduced.

The government guidelines on self isolating are what is causing the problem, not Covid itself!

4 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

The government guidelines on self isolating are what is causing the problem, not Covid itself!

NHS and other critical workers are exempt from the Gov isolation rules. They only need to provide 1 negative PCR test, even if a household member is positive. So it's not the guidelines causing the shortages.

Edited by hughesie27

7 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

NHS and other critical workers are exempt from the Gov isolation rules. They only need to provide 1 negative PCR test, even if a household member is positive. So it's not the guidelines causing the shortages.

Interesting valid point but that's not the way the media are reporting this.  

Maroon Sailor

Welsh sport closed to the public

English sport still open to the public

Scottish sport ?

45 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

They done it before. The day before the game was due to take place.

If there is a halt on big events then fairest thing to do is have the winter break now and avoid matches in empty stadiums.   I would rather wait until we can all go back when this fizzles out.

2 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

If there is a halt on big events then fairest thing to do is have the winter break now and avoid matches in empty stadiums.   I would rather wait until we can all go back when this fizzles out.

Fairest thing is to call the league now !?

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, TexasAndy said:

That's the problem with postponing these matches.

When will it be safe to start up again ?

Could be March when you factor in that the players will need to get some football in them before the season restarts

6 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

THIS!!!

We need to know what the long term plan is ASAP.

We have all be vaccinated and are getting our boosters.

We cannot be having nation wide lockdowns every year for years to come.

Not everyone has or will be vaccinated, unfortunately. I was until Saturday working sorting the Christmas Post in Edinburgh after a couple of weeks a few people went off with Covid, was telling the guy I worked closest with we should be OK as we've mostly been jagged and boosted he ( a guy in his late 50s) then tells me he's not had single jag "as he's scared of needles" also he never self tests and, in my view, even if he did wouldn't self isolate unless he had really bad symptoms. He's free to go to any boozer , shopping centre and restaurant in Scotland.  The day after I found out I asked my manager to move me to another work area who agreed but there's nothing to prevent bams like him getting a job anywhere or in any business sector.

So long as there is travel between countries variants will arise the whole world needs to be vaccinated.

Anyway given what the Welsh government are doing looks like the writing is on the wall for football fans until February.

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Could be March when you factor in that the players will need to get some football in them before the season restarts

Just until the Winter Break is over. 

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Just until the Winter Break is over. 

Prof Leach thinks it might be at it's peak then

Nobody really knows so hard to nail down any date.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

My half sister

I can see Celtic wanting to cancel their New Year game rather than play BCD and Dundee will probably support them in any vote.

5 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I think the booster is the game changer this time.  Pretty sure games will start up again early february especially if the severity of Omicron is proven to be mild.  We can do what England has done and scrap Scottish Cup replays that way we would have a clear 2 games a week to catch up.  It's not perfect but I'd rather be at Tynecastle than watch online. 

Edited by TexasAndy

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, My half sister said:

I can see Celtic wanting to cancel their New Year game rather than play BCD and Dundee will probably support them in any vote.

Assuming Celtic check their junk folder

Edited by Maroon Sailor

2 minutes ago, My half sister said:

I laughed out loud at this.  Superb.  

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, InternationalJambo said:

Who said they’d blame the travel?? BINGO. What a joke. 

Yeah, I win

MaskedMarauder

500 people what a total joke. Thanks a lot for nothing to the Scottish government. People’s mental health is going to be seriously affected by this! 

10 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The problem with mass postponement is that it’s open ended. If you stop now, when it’s safe to resume ? And very soon you have pressure to end the season. We’d be on the right side of that this time obviously and Celtic would get shat on. Almost worth wishing for it for that alone but if it wasn’t fair last time, it’s not fair this time, no matter what clubs are effected. It’s not a place football will want to go again, so they will undoubtedly opt for BCD if they can get away with it. Clearly hoping they can eek it out till the winter break

• davemclaren changed the title to Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )
  • JKBMod 3 locked this topic