Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )

Maroon Sailor

If Omicron is so infectious why wait until after Christmas. let's be honest most of us have only been near a church if we are going to a wedding. yet everyone has this big everything must be done to save Christmas day .mental

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

5 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Our website is still pushing ticket sales for the Derby and Ross County Games, which to me proves clubs got little or no notice

Think they have taken the tickets off e etickets 

King Of The Cat Cafe

"Omicron is nowhere near half as dangerous. More vaccines in arms and better medication and understanding of the disease will see us through."

The difficulty is the next variant is Pi. That will be 3.14 times worse.

I'll get my coat...

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

"Omicron is nowhere near half as dangerous. More vaccines in arms and better medication and understanding of the disease will see us through."

The difficulty is the next variant is Pi. That will be 3.14 times worse.

I'll get my coat...

Thats not too shabby,  but its going to be called Chi,  so it sounds like China, but an hour later you fancy catching it again

5 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

If Omicron is so infectious why wait until after Christmas. let's be honest most of us have only been near a church if we are going to a wedding. yet everyone has this big everything must be done to save Christmas day .mental

If it's that bad why didnt she act before the cup final    oh wait!!

3 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Not sure about NHS hospitals but when I went in for surgery just over a year ago here, I raised my concerns with my surgeon and was assured I was in the best possible place with respect to being safe from covid at that time. Went in had my op got out the next day. All well covid wise. Maybe this new variant is different beast though. 

There's folk with little or no immune system though mate. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

There's folk with little or no immune system though mate. 

Aye. Mine is not the best either. Hence my concerns raised to the surgeon. 

August Landmesser

If Celtic have requested it, likely to be a good chance it'll happen.

Handy for all their hamstring injuries too.

Just now, Hagar the Horrible said:

Celtic Statement O'Clock

Pray this hasn’t affected them too badly. They’ve been victims often enough. 

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Lawwell will have a word with Lawwell and this will be approved.  

2 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Why the **** are they going all public like this ? I’m guessing they’ve already been told to bolt and getting the victim card in early ? 

33 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

Once again the Scottish administration gives football a kicking after we've obeyed all the rules of mask wearing and vaccination certification for weeks. The SPFL should act now and postpone all football until the end of January at least. I know it's Hibs who will suffer financially from playing behind closed doors but a shutdown like this is just not fair an home clubs.

Clearly you haven't been to Tynecastle for the last few games. Despite Scott Wilson's reminders before the game and at half time for everyone to wear a mask whilst moving about in the stadium it seems that a very significant number don't bother adhering to this guidance

Does it not make sense to bring forward the winter break, then the fans dont miss out? Yeh Celtic might get a few injured players back but it does make sense to me

Edited by MrBones

Ok decision has been made wether fans like it or not but surely the SPFL and clubs come to a sensible decision and bring forward the winter break and play these fixtures midweek so fans can go to the games and the club's don't lose out financially.

Just now, August Landmesser said:

So, what happens if this thing is still here in the start to middle of February? We have 3 games that could be played now, albeit effectively BCD. However, if we get to a situation where we are having to cram in an extra 3 fixtures. and possibly more with cup games, we will be back to 2019/2020 situation and we all know how that went. Wouldn't be so bad for us now, but it would still be unacceptable. Play the 3 games without crowds and let's see where we are in a few weeks.

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Lawwell will have a word with Lawwell and this will be approved.  

😂😂 they’re beyond parody. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Why, Rangers don’t want it. 

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Ok decision has been made wether fans like it or not but surely the SPFL and clubs come to a sensible decision and bring forward the winter break and play these fixtures midweek so fans can go to the games and the club's don't lose out financially.

I can’t think of any restrictions since the start of the pandemic that have only lasted for the initial period suggested by either the Scottish or Westminster government. What if it’s ten weeks or twenty?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I can’t think of any restrictions since the start of the pandemic that have only lasted for the initial period suggested by either the Scottish or Westminster government. What if it’s ten weeks or twenty?

Exactly, I’m sure the club will now plan for BCD until next season. 

5 minutes ago, MrBones said:

Does it not make sense to bring forward the winter break, then the fans dont miss out? Yeh Celtic might get a few injured players back but it does make sense to me

Makes sense to me too and I hope it happens but will it make sense to sky TV when they don't have games to show next week.

Personally think its a joke decision. 

At least our neighbours were able to watch their team doing what they do best at Hampden. Totally bottling as per usual. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aye there is that right enough.I honestly always think it's a shambles how things are done 50k at Hampden ok but a few days later 500 at all grounds.It just seems mental they have the data they must know a game at Hampden can't have been good if a decision like this has been made days later.

ScandinavianJambo
11 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Clearly you haven't been to Tynecastle for the last few games. Despite Scott Wilson's reminders before the game and at half time for everyone to wear a mask whilst moving about in the stadium it seems that a very significant number don't bother adhering to this guidance

This! Saw the bus caches going from Edinburgh full of Hibees, not a single one wearing masks. I dare to say many of our fans are the same ..

Malinga the Swinga

Bit convenient Celtic bringing out their statement. Just a coincidence that they have injuries that need time to heal.

I'm sure their feeder clubs, Hibernian and St Mirren will be along shortly to agree.

What a ****ing country we live in.

Jambo_jim2001
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Bit convenient Celtic bringing out their statement. Just a coincidence that they have injuries that need time to heal.

I'm sure their feeder clubs, Hibernian and St Mirren will be along shortly to agree.

What a ****ing country we live in.

This,,,sadly true,victims have spoke,bet we go into early winter lockdown now

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

You know the jab doesn't give complete protection? It merely lowers the risk of hospitalisation.

Secondly, the first two doses only protected against the 1st variants of covid, I'm sure I read that vaccination only gives 27% protection against this variant. 

So it doesn't matter if you're vaccinated, it still has the potential to affect many and cause hospitalisation. 

Again, there is a limited amount of beds, a limited amount of staff that the NHS can throw at this and you have to remember there are people who get injured daily and who suffer from other illnesses that need a hospital bed. We can't afford to allow covid to double or treble those needing hospital treatment or the NHS will collapse. It's about protecting people and services, it wasn't a decision to pass on folks chips. It's necessary. 

At the end of the day, we can still watch the football on the telly from the comfort and safety of our own homes.

Sensible post. 

Less folk travelling, drinking, working going to sporting events equals less accidents as well so the NHS are less stretched in that regard. 

This is quite a big benefit of restrictions that folk don't realise. 

NHS staff are also isolating so at any one time there are less staff than normal. 

Football, or going to it is not essential. You can watch it from your house. Massive crowds meeting all over then dispersing all over the country to then to mix with their own communities is clearly the worst thing. 

Most of all, any Proactive measures will appear to some as too much, but the last two years has proven that pro active is far better than being reactive. 

We should have planned for this in the summer, it was talked about and common sense dictated that some sort of restrictions even without this new variant was going to be required. 

However, the UK government has a track record of sitting on their hands until the problem slaps them in the face. 

**** knows what the long term solution is tho. 

A planned, supported break every winter? 

20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Pray this hasn’t affected them too badly. They’ve been victims often enough. 

Think of the children......oh 

6 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Aye there is that right enough.I honestly always think it's a shambles how things are done 50k at Hampden ok but a few days later 500 at all grounds.It just seems mental they have the data they must know a game at Hampden can't have been good if a decision like this has been made days later.

All of it will pale into insignificance with groups of folk celebrating Christmas and new year in each other’s houses. Look at last year. Football crowds or the lack of them won’t make much difference to the spread at this time of year imo. 

3 minutes ago, Rannoch said:

She just can’t hold back. Football stadiums should be the safest place as all are checked for double vaccination status and sit in the fresh air.  But no, the screw is turned again to deny working class folk a bit of enjoyment over the festive season. 
Guess we’ll all be watching Sky sports English football as our own game gets even more impoverished. Of course all right for her to swan about taking selfie’s during the Cop 26 trying to impress the liberal elites. But that’s her kinda gig and her kind of people. Just how long will Scottish people put up with her.

Mine wasn't checked before the United game, was fumbling about with my phone but was waived through.

Regards football stadia, I don't disagree that they are outdoors so in theory safer places.  But 20000 people need to get to that one spot, so public transport, bars, supporters buses etc etc all have a high influx of people in confined spaces.

In other words, it isn't the stadia, it's the getting to the event that would appear to be the issue.

"Liberal Elites" - :rofl:  

The Treasurer
19 minutes ago, JWL said:

So, what happens if this thing is still here in the start to middle of February? We have 3 games that could be played now, albeit effectively BCD. However, if we get to a situation where we are having to cram in an extra 3 fixtures. and possibly more with cup games, we will be back to 2019/2020 situation and we all know how that went. Wouldn't be so bad for us now, but it would still be unacceptable. Play the 3 games without crowds and let's see where we are in a few weeks.

Correct. 

Let's not kid ourselves. This is about getting a full house for the bigot fest, nothing else 

AlphonseCapone
59 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

So we will be stuck getting boosters for the rest of our lives and if folk oppose this will be the new norm? 

Not outwith the norm, we do it with flu. Probably become an annual combo flu and covid for over 50s. 

Fozzyonthefence
29 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Obvious this would happen as they won’t be happy about not having a full house for the Rangers game.  It probably makes sense to bring forward the winter break but **** Celtic!

42 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

What Christmas got to do with church?

Shocked, utterly shocked to see St Mirren follow Celtics lead with regards to wanting an early winter break.

Celtic are ravished with injury and need fans for their OF fixture, that's their only concern.

Hopefully some other clubs kick this shit into touch.

I'm trying to work out this proposed bringing the winter break forward thingy. If they bring it forward to this weekend, then the two week break would be up to the weekend of the 8th. All good I hear you say but the SG have already said there will be a three week period of reduced fans so they would have to reduce it to two surely ?

Nothing on the club website or Twitter about reduced capacity or what people who have bought tickets will be doing, so I'm guessing they didn't really expect this to happen and still need to figure it out.

Hopefully find out tomorrow.

Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Correct. 

Let's not kid ourselves. This is about getting a full house for the bigot fest, nothing else 

First thought that came in to my head

1 minute ago, Homme said:

Shocked, utterly shocked to see St Mirren follow Celtics lead with regards to wanting an early winter break.

Celtic are ravished with injury and need fans for their OF fixture, that's their only concern.

Hopefully some other clubs kick this shit into touch.

Yep there is no basis for postponing given so many games have been played behind closed doors in the last big wave. Granted it's not ideal but this is just punting a problem down the line with no idea whether we will be able to resume at all.

Clearly some clubs are trying to capitalise on the situation for their own personal gain and I hope these clubs are told to GTF.

38 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

There you have it, the probable truth behind the request.

• davemclaren changed the title to Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )
  • JKBMod 3 locked this topic