Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )

Maroon Sailor

9 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Now the Scottish Government has received funds from the UK government, I can see us moving to lockdown again after Xmas and the Ross Co, St j and hobos games being cancelled. I'd prefer if we just got on with things 😪

I think we will carry on until the winter break after the vermin game. Not sure if any additional funds have been realised seemed to be a bit of deflection and bluster from Westminster.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

Spoke to someone earlier who had a one - one conversation with Jason Leitch today.

Chat seemed to suggest no planned shutdown for sports at this stage 

It's getting from A to By that might be a problem for some on Boxing Day and the 29th. 

Already thinking of binning at least one because of trains. 

The ST pass looks rather attractive at the minute. Few drinks, Turkey curry !

🤔

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

It's getting from A to By that might be a problem for some on Boxing Day and the 29th. 

Already thinking of binning at least one because of trains. 

The ST pass looks rather attractive at the minute. Few drinks, Turkey curry !

🤔

I can't find the ST pass. Do you have a link?

1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

Now the Scottish Government has received funds from the UK government, I can see us moving to lockdown again after Xmas and the Ross Co, St j and hobos games being cancelled. I'd prefer if we just got on with things 😪

Don't think games will be cancelled.maybe a chance games might go closed doors again 

The festive season is absolutely my favourite part of the football year. I’d be gutted if our fixtures were postponed, although I wouldn’t have any complaints about it under the current circumstances. Nothing quite like a Boxing Day fixture when you’re still reeking from the previous day.

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Only a matter of time before we have more games affected too. 
Why we are playing Ross County on Boxing Day is unbelievable. Why not just put clubs in 3 groups of 4, RC/AB/DU/Dundee, Us/Hibs/St J/Livi and the other 4, let them all play each other over the week where three games are played to keep travel down at this time of year and this point in history. 

Aberdeen & Dundee teams can get to Edinburgh quicker than they can get to Dingwall.

True story! 😍

Just now, leginten said:

The festive season is absolutely my favourite part of the football year. I’d be gutted if our fixtures were postponed, although I wouldn’t have any complaints about it under the current circumstances. Nothing quite like a Boxing Day fixture when you’re still reeking from the previous day.

Especially when the trains are off and I'm having to drive from Newcastle!

6 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Sorry, mate, bit of a technophobe ! 😳

I had to e-mail club on the tickets e-mail to request my code. 

iwasthere1954
4 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Christmas Eve 1977 I was up at Arbroath dreaming of a White Christmas.

Got a dream scoreline instead

Arbroath 0-7 Hearts

I don't think they play football on Christmas Eve now either, even if it fell on a Saturday.

I remember wandering about in Boots in the town centre looking for last minute ideas.

28 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Seems strange to jump straight to closed doors. Even stranger if pubs clubs ect are still open

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, His name is said:

Seems strange to jump straight to closed doors. Even stranger if pubs clubs ect are still open

Drakeford has been hard work for Wales throughout this. Night clubs shut from 27th - further restrictions on pubs and restaurants as well then

Keep windows open in your house and buses but can't go to a sporting event outside.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, iainmac said:

Aberdeen & Dundee teams can get to Edinburgh quicker than they can get to Dingwall.

True story! 😍

Well yes but there has to be a better solution than the current set up. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, His name is said:

Indeed, pubs will be heaving instead unless more restrictions are reintroduced about social distancing etc. 

What's the chances of our game being off? Is it a genuine possibility? I live outside the uk so have no idea what's going on there.

3 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

What's the chances of our game being off? Is it a genuine possibility? I live outside the uk so have no idea what's going on there.

check the news. High chance of cancellation 

Maroon Sailor
3 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

More chance of it being played BCD than being off

9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

SG meeting this afternoon. With Wales going closed doors for sport, can't see NS being far behind in acting.

Games tomorrow might be okay but after Christmas it will be no crowds. They'll give excuse as to stop travel.

****ing nightmare being governed by small minded people who put interests of minority over that of majority.

I’ll be shocked if she pulls that trigger already. I think she will go for hospitality first. 

Suspect the SG update today will mean curtailed crowds or no crowds at all for remaining fixtures before winter break. I hope we at least get Sundays game, but given Wales announcement, I don’t think we will 😫

We have a winter break coming up. Surely it’s not beyond us to push back the fixture list by 2 weeks and have the break now. 

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We have a winter break coming up. Surely it’s not beyond us to push back the fixture list by 2 weeks and have the break now. 

The peak is meant to be end of January/ start of February though?

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Think there is a good chance we will follow the Welsh and play behind closed doors from 27 Dec (probably only for a period up to the end of the winter break) although I think the games will continue behind closed doors.

Edited by happyjam

12 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

heartstv.heartsfc.co.uk  You should have a login and a season code.  I used it recently for Dundee Utd game as I was up north.  It seemed to go straight in without prompting for log in

15 minutes ago, happyjam said:

As it's the panto season "Oh no it's not"

Interesting you should mention that. Pantomimes have been cancelled all across the UK including Scotland after covid outbreaks, and half of theatres in the West End closed. Just another indicator to the politicians. 

Absolutely gutted (but not surprised) by the Welsh news.

Is there any real data on outbreaks from outdoor sport events? So tired of this.

17 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m sure they outed themselves when we were challenging our demotion and admitted they send the dates and teams to a guy in Florida who makes them up. 

This guy...

fixture.jpg

Maroon Sailor

Professor Leitch says he was less concerned about 50,000 being in Hampden on Sunday than an indoor gig.

Drakeford pulls the plug on fans on outdoor sporting events over the festive period

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, savage said:

I think she will go for no crowd at today's announcement.  I will be gutted 

There's a kind of inevitability about it now

Worst case would have to be behind closed doors. Players are testing daily so would be criminal to cancel the games altogether.  

22 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Shame for Joey but was it really that clever going though all those airports and train journeys during a pandemic? 
Especially to see Coventry. 

Ex member of the SaS

As much as the Scottish Government seem to be doing the opposite of Boris ,I think a big indicator was the English leagues staying open. Not even closing the lower leagues shows either they think it will be OK or Sky has put too much pressure on them.

portobellojambo1
19 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Only a matter of time before we have more games affected too. 
Why we are playing Ross County on Boxing Day is unbelievable. Why not just put clubs in 3 groups of 4, RC/AB/DU/Dundee, Us/Hibs/St J/Livi and the other 4, let them all play each other over the week where three games are played to keep travel down at this time of year and this point in history. 

The problem is pal that the games aren't drawn in a manner that  football fans and present circumstances would determine would be the best way to do it. It all revolves around the OF, and any derby matches fitting in somewhere over New Year. Logic has never ever been taken into account in such things.

I'd hope that games will be allowed to go ahead, and if people follow the guidelines then things should be OK I'd imagine. Again though there are those who aren't vaccinated, either through choice or indeed because an existing health situation, or their age means they don't need to be. But you would think or hope that those who fall into any of those categories would apply a little common sense at this time and look for alternative means of watching games during this coming period. 

Would it not be better if the games were postponed rather than played behind closed doors?  Just from a match day revenue side of things.  If something has to happen, that would be my preferred option.

Maroon Sailor
8 minutes ago, Gards said:

Would it not be better if the games were postponed rather than played behind closed doors?  Just from a match day revenue side of things.  If something has to happen, that would be my preferred option.

How many games do you postpone ? This might not peak until February

Then the players will have to get some bounce matches in before the season restarts

BCD is better than nothing 

Edited by Maroon Sailor

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

How many games do you postpone ? This might not peak until February

We're only talking about 3 games until the winter break.  Got to be able to find a way to reschedule those.  Edinburgh Derby with no fans again - no thanks.

1 hour ago, Beave1874 said:

Worst case would have to be behind closed doors. Players are testing daily so would be criminal to cancel the games altogether.  

To force a postponement would effectively be forcing a business to close which would require compensation/support that there is no funding for.

I suspect behind closed doors is imminent and actual postponements will continue to follow the same guidelines as now based on actual cases at clubs, etc.

1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

heartstv.heartsfc.co.uk  You should have a login and a season code.  I used it recently for Dundee Utd game as I was up north.  It seemed to go straight in without prompting for log in

Thanks. 

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The problem is pal that the games aren't drawn in a manner that  football fans and present circumstances would determine would be the best way to do it. It all revolves around the OF, and any derby matches fitting in somewhere over New Year. Logic has never ever been taken into account in such things.

I'd hope that games will be allowed to go ahead, and if people follow the guidelines then things should be OK I'd imagine. Again though there are those who aren't vaccinated, either through choice or indeed because an existing health situation, or their age means they don't need to be. But you would think or hope that those who fall into any of those categories would apply a little common sense at this time and look for alternative means of watching games during this coming period. 

Definitely, even then we might all be watching games on our laptops and phones.,

• davemclaren changed the title to Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )
  • JKBMod 3 locked this topic