Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )

Maroon Sailor

2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Ah well.

Least we still have the pubs. For the next 10 mins anyway.

The suggestion is back to table service. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, MaskedMarauder said:

500 people what a total joke. Thanks a lot for nothing to the Scottish government. People’s mental health is going to be seriously affected by this! 

They’d be as well closing down. 

1 minute ago, MaskedMarauder said:

500 people what a total joke. Thanks a lot for nothing to the Scottish government. People’s mental health is going to be seriously affected by this! 

Too right. 😐

Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

The suggestion is back to table service. 

Preferred that from my experience of it. Happy days. Apps FTW.

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Presume the 500 will need tests and vivid passport to get in. Absolute joke. Again the need to be different, even slightly, from others. Would be as well being empty.

Hopefully Hearts have plans for reduced attendances as this will be bitter blow for clubs and their cashflow.

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Presumably the Scottish Gov will be reimbursing clubs for lack of Matchday income?

They'll leave that to James Anderson

MaskedMarauder

Unbelievable (but good to see) the reaction Sturgeon is getting to this on social media. She’s really taken things a step too far for many people now. Shops, hospitality, everything else remaining open except for outdoor events.

willie wallace
7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The problem with mass postponement is that it’s open ended. If you stop now, when it’s safe to resume ? And very soon you have pressure to end the season. We’d be on the right side of that this time obviously and Celtic would get shat on. Almost worth wishing for it for that alone but if it wasn’t fair last time, it’s not fair this time, no matter what clubs are effected. It’s not a place football will want to go again, so they will undoubtedly opt for BCD if they can get away with it. Clearly hoping they can eek it out till the winter break

I can see where you are coming from with this but I hope if there are no fans then it's no games for me.

We would only be 2 games behind and if ithe situation has not improved by the end of Jan.we are stuffed anyway.

11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The problem with mass postponement is that it’s open ended. If you stop now, when it’s safe to resume ? And very soon you have pressure to end the season. We’d be on the right side of that this time obviously and Celtic would get shat on. Almost worth wishing for it for that alone but if it wasn’t fair last time, it’s not fair this time, no matter what clubs are effected. It’s not a place football will want to go again, so they will undoubtedly opt for BCD if they can get away with it. Clearly hoping they can eek it out till the winter break

Beautifully put. If it was not fair then, it ain’t fair now. If this comes to pass, we need to be the bigger team and be consistent in our views. Cannot put a price on integrity.

Forever Hearts
15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Every cloud....

So the Ross County game will be ok and the football lockdown happens after Boxing Day. Is that how it reads?

19 minutes ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Those 500 chose to support Hearts, I don't think the mental trauma can be blamed on the government

Bret the Hitman Hearts

Summer: "take your vaccines so we can get back to normal"

December: "okay so you can't go to football any more, but remember to get your booster"

:lenny:

Just now, BelgeJambo said:

So the Ross County game will be ok and the football lockdown happens after Boxing Day. Is that how it reads?

No. The opposite of that.

1 minute ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Double jagged and boosters to be back at square one. Mugs, the lot of us.

This is my take on it… what’s the point🤷‍♀️

Got my booster next week but really why should I bother if I’m getting it to be lockdown anyway. 

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

14.7% or so positive test rate is a significant increase to suggest restrictions may be necessary.

still less in hospital Hughesie

1 minute ago, theshed said:

This is my take on it… what’s the point🤷‍♀️

Got my booster next week but really why should I bother if I’m getting it to be lockdown anyway. 

The point is so if you get covid you don't die mate.  I see that as a benefit personally

2 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

still less in hospital Hughesie

Naturally that follows positive tests.

2 minutes ago, Silverwolf said:

Beautifully put. If it was not fair then, it ain’t fair now. If this comes to pass, we need to be the bigger team and be consistent in our views. Cannot put a price on integrity.

I agree.

I posted back then that I'd feel the same if it had been Hibs at the bottom and demoted and I'll stick by that.

Absolutely scandalous that clubs were punished because of Covid and unfortunate timing. And, of course, that others like Celtic, Ross Co, Killie, St. Mirren, Hamilton...were rewarded.

Scottish football is a corrupt, sick joke but that was the last straw for me.

Really tend to keep my mouth shut on public forums about Covid and stuff, but I'm seriously ****ed off with this. I toed the line and swallowed my pride during both the first and second lockdowns. In fact, I was sort of in agreement with them. But this new wave of decisions has just really ground me down. I've done almost everything I've been asked to do for the best part of 2 years, I'm double vaccinated, and while I don't read too much into the news, I thought it was quite widely accepted that this new variant is considerably weaker than the original.

My reasons for feeling like this are entirely selfish but I don't care. We're all going to have our own views on restrictions. Personally, Christmas is a shite time for me, and this year even more so. Many won't get it, but I was so excited for the festive double header at Tynie and the derby at ER. It was what was getting me through a challenging time of year. Only decent outcome of this is the matches get replayed at a later date with fans, but doesn't change the fact I'm going to spend the Christmas period cooked up at home without an escape.

****ing shite.

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

500 at games in Scotland from 26 Dec

Aberdeen will be doing cartwheels at the thought of this.

Edited by Italian Lambretta
Text

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Stupidity. 500 in 60k, 500 in 20k and 500 in 1000 seats being the same thing after all. Should be a percentage if anything.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

Forever Hearts
Just now, Diego10 said:

The point is so if you get covid you don't die mate.  I see that as a benefit personally

Is that not what the vaccines and booster were for? 

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just seen this on Scottish News link, but nothing on any pages reporting on what Holyrood are saying. Do they speak to the press before they announce it to the public ?

Btw, got my booster yesterday and I've been in bed all day today feeling awful.

W'stfp.

Edited by martoon

Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

Just seen this on Scottish News link, but nothing on any pages reporting on what Holyrood are saying. Do they speak to the press before they announce it to the public ?

Its Nicola Sturgeon talking in Parliament now, broadcast live on tv. 

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, Italian Lambretta said:

So i take it thats the hospitality for the Ross County game down the pan?

nope kicks in on 27th

Just now, Italian Lambretta said:

So i take it thats the hospitality for the Ross County game down the pan?

If they are clever maybe can get 500 in. 

If the rules make sense, people will, grudgingly, accept them.

But they don't !

Limiting fans to 500 for three weeks starting on the 26th Dec but no fixtures at all for two out of those three weeks !

Em...OK !

joondalupjambo

Is the 500 in addition to football coaching staff and other staff who need to attend the game like Directors etc ?

1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

nope kicks in on 27th

Live events limits to 500 people from 26th. 

As I said can be some of the hospitality people.

Or hospitality without the football?

Edited by Mikey1874

Jambof3tornado

I hope they have already discussed this with those running our game and the winter break can come forward.

500 is pathetic, should be percentage of ground capacity.

**** you jimmy.

Just now, **** the SPFL said:

nope kicks in on 27th

Kicks in boxing day, 26th. 

Surely the sensible option now is for the 3 fixtures from Boxing day to the winter break be postponed for all teams and rearranged to midweek/Wednesday night kick off's. Let's see if the league really do have the fans in mind this time round. 

1 minute ago, martoon said:

Btw, got my booster yesterday and I've been in bed all day today feeling awful.

Wtfp.

Got mines 2 weeks ago and I have the Vid right now. Self Isolating.

Didn't even know I had it until I got an NHS e-mail and did a test. Imagine the damage I could have done at a football match!

• davemclaren changed the title to Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )
  • JKBMod 3 locked this topic