Should Scotland be an independent country?

Alex Kintner

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

505 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don’t know/ Abstain/ Spoil ballot

Roxy Hearts
9 hours ago, Ulysses said:

In what way are we fractured?

Sectarianism Ulysses. I'm part Irish myself as my Grandad and Great Grandmother were born there. A few stories were told! I meant the whole island anyway. I just hope all of Ireland can find real peace. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• JudyJudyJudy

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

5 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

She's planning in her words an 'advisory' referendum. It will have no legal weight and ignored by the international community. Very catalan style so fingers crossed we can jail her if she does.

Nah, I can't see her entertaining that idea at all. They would look ridiculous when only one in three voters want a referendum next year and most of electorate boycotted it.

You're also assuming that the SNP government, who can't even run a census successfully and has to paint windows onto half built ferries would even be capable of running it.

I have my doubts. 

Ainsley Harriott
4 minutes ago, pablo said:

Nah, I can't see her entertaining that idea at all. They would look ridiculous when only one in three voters want a referendum next year and most of electorate boycotted it.

You're also assuming that the SNP government, who can't even run a census successfully and has to paint windows onto half built ferries would even be capable of running it.

I have my doubts. 

Agree with all that. Also not sure how she would aquire the use of public buildings from the unionists council to host the votes.

manaliveits105
12 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good to see SNP showing example of what we can expect from them should they govern Scotland unchecked.

Oct 2017 - Ian Blackford confirms SNP Westminster group will have zero tolerance of unacceptable behaviour.

June 14 2022 - SNP parliamentary leader Ian Blackford tells Westminster SNP MP'S 'Patrick's going to face a number of challenges and so he should our absolute support.'

Despite the denials from their followers, they're no different to Tories. 

Absolute hypocrites and not to be trusted.

Scottish Nonce Party 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

She's planning in her words an 'advisory' referendum.

Ah, like the brexit referendum

kingantti1874

In the unlikely event Scotland votes to become independent - Does anyone think your are going to “vote” to remove someone’s nationality! To separate families and it will just be accepted ? 

This is a very dangerous path. 

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The late great Norm McDonald refused to do Trump jokes. That was partly because he was a Republican supporter in the past, but also because they were just too easy. The No campaign has little credibility, but neither, to my eyes, does the Yes one. The Westminster crew are beyond parody, while the SG and those who support them, seem to believe that their cause is righteous and have, IMO, a kind of zealousness that needs popping now and again. 

Now get back dem fields ‘fore masser sees us a-conversin’.

It doesn’t and you know it. You’re using the  the fringe bammers and smearing the whole movement with it which is something you never do with the other side. 
Have you ever listened to LBC and JOB when there’s any indyref chat? The smart, intelligent callers are always from the Yes side. Always. Then compare it to anything you hear on the BBC or that anti Scottish drivel GBeebies. I saw some dreadful woman on it the other day (it appears in my YouTube recommended for some reason I’d never watch it) a real hoose jock who had lived more half her life in London she looked late 40’s anyway and it was offensive and derogatory. Saying things like “how the hell is Scotland going to pay for anything) Does any other country on this earth produce people like this? What is inherently wrong here? Cult members?  If there was ever anything even remotely that anti English on our screens id be cringeing yet you get some “Scots” lapping this up. 
A daft hun mate of mine sent me a clip from

that channel of Nigel Farage slating NS. Nigel ****ing Farage! :lol: 
Who’s the cult again? 

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

In the unlikely event Scotland votes to become independent - Does anyone think your are going to “vote” to remove someone’s nationality! To separate families and it will just be accepted ? 

This is a very dangerous path. 

What is being invented now? Removing your nationality? Is it being suggested that everyone are “foreigners” again? 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

What is being invented now? Removing your nationality? Is it being suggested that everyone are “foreigners” again? 

Well your current nationality is British. This vote will change that. No? 

As well as the clear economic consequences of this madness, you had better be prepared to deal with the consequences.

Scotland will end up more like Northern Ireland than Norway.

Space Mackerel
5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I think some people have trouble understanding what the UK is and what British is. 

jack D and coke
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

As well as the clear economic consequences of this madness, you had better be prepared to deal with the consequences.

The same fear mongering as before then I see. Who is going to do this? See if you moved to australia and became an Aussie citizen for example what happens to your passport? 
You’ve recently had your rights removed to live and work in 27 other countries but that’s cool is it? 

jack D and coke

The one great thing about independence is we’d never end up with the dinosaurs from NI after ireland unifies. It’ll be wales or England for them😊

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You’ll still be Scottish and British after. 
Just like Norwegians are Norwegians and Scandinavian after they became independent. 

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

They are only a government in name. They are actually a devolved assembly 

This is the sort of stupid trolling that demeans andcundermines any legitimate arguments the unionists might have. A lot of on the fence voters will be persuaded to vote if that is all the no lot have to counter the yes campaign. 

kingantti1874

The same fear mongering as before then I see. Who is going to do this? See if you moved to australia and became an Aussie citizen for example what happens to your passport? 
You’ve recently had your rights removed to live and work in 27 other countries but that’s cool is it? 

It’s not fear mongering.  I grew up in these communities and I’ve lived, studied and worked in the west. You seem to think it will all be handshakes and moving on .. the guys are fiercely patriotic - it won’t be forgiven. 100% guaranteed that at some stage this results in violence.  

an economic and social disaster.

i

jack D and coke
Just now, jonesy said:

Have a beer, mate.

What is LBC? And JOB? Or even GBeebies for that matter? I think I’m out the loop.

What do you want? The piss taken out of the Hoosers? Last I read on here I was one of them because I was one of the undecideds. Now, there’s a time and a place for self-defecating humour, but this isn’t it. It’s a serious thread now, as announced by @Ked yesterday.

Oh I will be later don’t worry😉

LBC and James O’Brien who has morning slot on there. 
It’s a great show you should tune in. 
Wait have you heard of DAB (digital radio) seeing you’re out of all the loops? 
Well it’s on there👍🏼

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Would be interesting to get an opinion poll up on how many people will vote in Elsie McSelfie's wildcat referendum vs abstain 

Dear god shes not trying to do that is she? 

2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

She's planning in her words an 'advisory' referendum. It will have no legal weight and ignored by the international community. Very catalan style so fingers crossed we can jail her if she does.

Desperate measures really from her. Obviously the vote would be completely skewered.  On the positive side,,,,,,

287584595_5435836069830124_3172831534331967503_n.jpg

jack D and coke
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

It’s not fear mongering.  I grew up in these communities and I’ve lived, studied and worked in the west. You seem to think it will all be handshakes and moving on .. the guys are fiercely patriotic - it won’t be forgiven. 100% guaranteed that at some stage this results in violence.  

i

Yep the unionists will be the violent ones I’m in no doubt. They’re the real bams in this country but it’s never painted that way is it.
We shouldn’t have one now because we have to fear the unionists now? Is this another reason? The reasons are getting steadily worse btw. 

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Dear god shes not trying to do that is she? 

Desperate measures really from her. Obviously the vote would be completely skewered.  On the positive side,,,,,,

287584595_5435836069830124_3172831534331967503_n.jpg

The new Yoon policies. Jailing leaders and terrorism. 

That’ll work. 😁😁😁

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Yep the unionists will be the violent ones I’m in no doubt. They’re the real bams in this country but it’s never painted that way is it.
We shouldn’t have one now because we have to fear the unionists now? Is this another reason? The reasons are getting steadily worse btw. 

Looks like the positive case for the Union has fallen apart a wee bit now. 

il Duce McTarkin
9 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I think I have trouble understanding. 

:spoton:

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Oh I will be later don’t worry😉

LBC and James O’Brien who has morning slot on there. 
It’s a great show you should tune in. 

I have to turn off when that Shelagh Fogarty bint comes on.

dobmisterdobster

The Scottish Government can hold a referendum on whether to Annex the Moon. Doesn't mean anything.

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Have a beer, mate.

What is LBC? And JOB? Or even GBeebies for that matter? I think I’m out the loop.

What do you want? The piss taken out of the Hoosers? Last I read on here I was one of them because I was one of the undecideds. Now, there’s a time and a place for self-defecating humour, but this isn’t it. It’s a serious thread now, as announced by @Ked yesterday.

Hes probably  still having a few lol 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

i

your right. how do they think people might respond if they next vote was a yes and they had voted no at the last one ?  

jack D and coke
Just now, Dirk McClaymore said:

:spoton:

I have to turn off when that Shelagh Fogarty bint comes on.

Can’t listen to her either. 
Even Nick Ferrari is less grating than her. 

il Duce McTarkin
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Yep the unionists will be the violent ones I’m in no doubt. 

If they're dragged out of a union against their will then roughing up a few fieldies would be a justifiable course of action imo.

il Duce McTarkin

Even Nick Ferrari is less grating than her. 

Only just. 

Quite like Eddie Mair on after her, though.

He's got a voice like a mug of hot chocolate after a day grafting on a roof in the snow.

jack D and coke
Just now, Dirk McClaymore said:

If they're dragged out of a union against their will then roughing up a few fieldies would be a justifiable course of action imo.

Celebrate Independence day every year with a good old punch up in boozers up and down the country🤛🏼
This is sounding better all the time. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Only just. 

Quite like Eddie Mair on after her, though.

He's got a voice like a mug of hot chocolate after a day grafting on a roof in the snow.

Is he on last? I’ve usually sacked it for the day by the time he comes on☺️

Jeffros Furios

Apart from a few inbred toothless weegie bigots nobody would be protesting or causing trouble if yes won a vote .

Civil unrest :gok:

The Real Maroonblood
58 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

😁😁😁

The wee coke heid takes a pasting. 

That's a belter.

23 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Apart from a few inbred toothless weegie bigots nobody would be protesting or causing trouble if yes won a vote .

Civil unrest :gok:

What is more likely is that when the courts tell Jimmy to go back to Westminster for the right to hold a referendum we will see the tartan shortbread brigade marching up and down the country expecting that to change anything!

Personally I'd let them hold it now and let them get absolutely crushed by the No vote.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

What is more likely is that when the courts tell Jimmy to go back to Westminster for the right to hold a referendum we will see the tartan shortbread brigade marching up and down the country expecting that to change anything!

Personally I'd let them hold it now and let them get absolutely crushed by the No vote.

Yes what’s all the dithering and delay about . If she’s so confident it’s “ the will of the people “ don’t just talk about it do something ‘ legally request a. Section 30 then It’s game on . 

Lord Montpelier
17 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

1C870FFB-A9BF-4ECA-8975-6EF65010041B.jpeg

A picture of your food cupboard SM if independence is achieved. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

😂😂👍

Jeffros Furios
20 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I agree with holding a vote asap as I'd imagine that's what a large chunk  of SNP voters want . 

If they don't deliver a referendum then what's the point in voting for them ?

They are shit at thier jobs and they were shit at running Edinburgh council .

Can't keep on voting for them on the never never .

Space Mackerel
19 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

No food now as well as jailing political leaders and terrorism. 😁😁😁

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

This is the sort of stupid trolling that demeans andcundermines any legitimate arguments the unionists might have. A lot of on the fence voters will be persuaded to vote if that is all the no lot have to counter the yes campaign. 

It's not trolling through. By definition a government holds absolute power over an independent state. Hollyrood doesn't and Scotland isn't independent 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

They rioted in George Square after they WON last time round. 😂

Once you understand the type of zombie halfwit that'll follow the status quo just because likesy, then you understand that there's an almost Darwinist evolutionary process underway in Scotland. 

We've got tenuous ties to a people who hark back to a time over 150 years ago, when Britannia ruled the slaves. That's their direction of travel. To their safe space of two world wars and one world cup. 

On the other side you've got people who can see the world becoming ever smaller and integrated and who want to be a part of how that's all going to go. 

It's not a difficult choice if you've got any functioning synapses is it?

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

It's not trolling through. By definition a government holds absolute power over an independent state. Hollyrood doesn't and Scotland isn't independent 

It's shite trolling. It's what you do. 

Ainsley Harriott
Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

It's shite trolling. It's what you do. 

It's not though it's a fact. You and your nationalist half wit bregade can't handle facts so dismiss them as trolling it's pathetic.

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

It's not though it's a fact. You and your nationalist half wit bregade can't handle facts so dismiss them as trolling it's pathetic.

No you're a shite troll. It's as plain as that. 

Right down to your avatar. Trolling. 

You haven't the wit to be clever about it. It's beyond your ken. 

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

By definition a government holds absolute power over an independent state. Hollyrood doesn't and Scotland isn't independent 

You make a mighty fine argument for independence my friend.

Lord Montpelier
19 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

No food now as well as jailing political leaders and terrorism. 😁😁😁

Not sure what jailing political leaders and terrorism has to do with my quip, but there you go each to their own I suppose. 

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Not sure what jailing political leaders and terrorism has to do with my quip, but there you go each to their own I suppose. 

You need to follow the thread properly Lord Monty.

What incentive is there for the UK to grant a section 30 when most people don't want another referendum?

I genuinely don't get it? Surely it makes more sense to win by 60/40 in several, maybe even 10 years time than either winning or losing one by a couple of points in 18 months? It would be carnage. 

Lord Montpelier
26 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

You need to follow the thread properly Lord Monty.

OK, silly me. Get storing your cans of baked beans in your pantry Spacey, if you get what you wish for your going to need them. 

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

OK, silly me. Get storing your cans of baked beans in your pantry Spacey, if you get what you wish for your going to need them. 

You need to get out in the Scottish countryside more, Scotland is heaving with fresh produce, fish, seafood and meat.