Should Scotland be an independent country?

Alex Kintner

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

505 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don’t know/ Abstain/ Spoil ballot

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Thought that was how debate went with you

Well, I'm shocked...

That you can spell debate even though it's meaning is lost on you as you never enter one in good faith. :cowboy:

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• JudyJudyJudy

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

21 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Last paragraph apart!

And the first two are a UK phenomenon not just limited to Scotland.

America too. I've been talking to folk from the USA and told them San Francisco is a great city but they said not the same now also New York, Oregan and San Diego. Full of junkies, drop outs and drunks was their description. 

I'd like to know an answer to 2 questions. Why do Westminster and England need Scotland if it's full of reprobates and supposedly skint?  Why do unionist sympathisers take great glee insulting our country?

Konrad von Carstein
22 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

America too. I've been talking to folk from the USA and told them San Francisco is a great city but they said not the same now also New York, Oregan and San Diego. Full of junkies, drop outs and drunks was their description. 

I'd like to know an answer to 2 questions. Why do Westminster and England need Scotland if it's full of reprobates and supposedly skint?  Why do unionist sympathisers take great glee insulting our country?

A lack of self respect and IQ?

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

They don't. They're doing us a great service by looking after us :chinese:🙄

The British state need Scotland but I'd like it explained. Our resources, economy etc not the GERS crap. A proper breakdown.

10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'm sure both Scotland and the rUK will probably manage along without each other. Whether that's in a stronger position for either/both or not, is harder to predict.

I can't understand the lies that eminate from the state, well I can as it's propaganda but some respect for us wouldn't go amiss!

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

The British state need Scotland but I'd like it explained. Our resources, economy etc not the GERS crap. A proper breakdown.

Not long to wait now until we find out how big our imaginary deficit is this year. 

The annual release of just how much money our colonial masters have run up on our 'credit card' gets released on Friday with this year's GERS numbers. 

This thread will be swarming with the crayon munchers. Nap. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
On 18/08/2022 at 22:50, periodictabledancer said:

🤣😅😅😂🤣

She doesn't make the case , the SNP was established nearly a century ago to campaign for it.

So, let's get Indy done and get rid of NS.

PS "oil" .

😅😂🤣

I heard she was their front woman, although she does tend to act like an inbred ned so hard to tell 

39 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Not long to wait now until we find out how big our imaginary deficit is this year. 

The annual release of just how much money our colonial masters have run up on our 'credit card' gets released on Friday with this year's GERS numbers. 

Usual childish comments from unionist politicians too no doubt. Scotland bad, SNP bad. What's England's GERS, 2 trillion debt!

5 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Wasn't meant convince anyone...just a real life example of talent keen to flow the opposite direction described by Annti, my company employs a multitude of nationalities. 

Worked with quite a few graduates throughout my working life...and I must say the majority of them were clueless a#@$holes who lived in a dreamworld

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, sinks said:

Worked with quite a few graduates throughout my working life...and I must say the majority of them were clueless a#@$holes who lived in a dreamworld

Oh, we have a few of those too, all brains and no common sense! :lol:

15 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Oh, we have a few of those too, all brains and no common sense! :lol:

I take it you've met my son then 😀

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Well, I'm shocked...

That you can spell debate even though it's meaning is lost on you as you never enter one in good faith. :cowboy:

:laugh2:

1 hour ago, sinks said:

I've got to deal with graduates regularly, some very well meaning, intelligent people but lacking in any practical skill or hands on experience and often don't listen to experienced people who don't have a degree, trying to explain a relatively simple job and the pro's and con's can be infuriatingly difficult with some, a few I've dealt with have been good and willing to take on board advice.

manaliveits105

And then there was Nicola Sturgeon taking time out from her busy Festival Fringe programme telling us that these wicked protesters weren’t speaking in her name. Of course they weren’t, for then they’d have had to have found a stageand an audience of festival fluffers in some tented venue.

In the absence of any meaningful political or social achievement in the most self-indulgent and ornamental tenure of any UK political leader, Sturgeon lives for these contrived opportunities and grasps them.

:gocompare: Poetry 

The Mighty Thor
35 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

And then there was Nicola Sturgeon taking time out from her busy Festival Fringe programme telling us that these wicked protesters weren’t speaking in her name. Of course they weren’t, for then they’d have had to have found a stageand an audience of festival fluffers in some tented venue.

In the absence of any meaningful political or social achievement in the most self-indulgent and ornamental tenure of any UK political leader, Sturgeon lives for these contrived opportunities and grasps them.

You should always put the source of the articles you use in your post.

Not that anyone thought you were capable of the big words in it but it helps contextualise the article. 

15 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Colonial masters 😃

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Ssh... Calling out the victim narrative doesn't go down well with the chip-on-both-shoulders essenpee bams.

I thought you were on calling out divisive language duty today Jonesy, did manalive phone in sick?

9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Ssh... Calling out the victim narrative doesn't go down well with the chip-on-both-shoulders essenpee bams.

To be fair.. I don't think he really believes that. But agree the constant victim narrative isn't healthy and obviously leads to events such as those seen in Perth last Tuesday night.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, pablo said:

To be fair.. I don't think he really believes that. But agree the constant victim narrative isn't healthy and obviously leads to events such as those seen in Perth last Tuesday night.

You guys reek of "my life's ok, what are they moaning about?"

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

You guys reek of "my life's ok, what are they moaning about?"

You guys reek of ugly Farage style false claims of victimisation and bullying. 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, pablo said:

I want democracy and self determination mate

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, pablo said:

No Farage is a racist.

I'm not sure even your myopathy is going to allow you to play that card. 

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

At least having one on each shoulder provides balance, I suppose.

I'm delighted at being elevated to 'bam' status. 

It just shows what hard work and determination can do. 

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Keep at it. One day, you may get to 'throbber', 'weapon' or 'tool' status.

It's part of my longer term strategy as we head towards the referendum. 

Don't want to peak too soon. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

This is spot on. However, Westminster politics has exactly the same problem 

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Replace Farage's use of Europe for The UK and his use of The UK for Scotland, and you've pretty much got a bonnier looking Sturgeon in the above video.

I really don't care about sturgeon, I just want democracy and self determination for Scotland.

18 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

No Farage is a racist.

I'm not sure even your myopathy is going to allow you to play that card. 

Nicola Farage.....SNP and UKIP. No real difference.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I get that. But don't be surprised if people find that to be a similar argument that UKIP were banging on about.

Most people are smart enough to see they're not really analogous at all, I'm fine with that.

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, pablo said:

Ah, it's you who's taken over from Manalive.

The Mighty Thor
10 minutes ago, pablo said:

I doubt you're that stupid. 

It's a reasonable effort, maybe 4/10 at a push. 

jambos are go!
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I really don't care about sturgeon, I just want democracy and self determination for Scotland.

Now you know that it's economic nonsense.

Unknown user
32 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Now you know that it's economic nonsense.

It doesn't matter if Westminster's an economic basket case, it's the right to self governance.

For sure we'd likely be far more responsible and accountable financially, but there's more to it than that.

Ainsley Harriott

I can't wait until the supreme court rule that next year's pretendyredum is indeed out with the power of the Scottish Government (pretendy government).

20 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I can't wait until the supreme court rule that next year's pretendyredum is indeed out with the power of the Scottish Government (pretendy government).

You really hate Scotland, we know that so give it a rest! 

Ainsley Harriott
7 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

You really hate Scotland, we know that so give it a rest! 

Nope I hate the Nationalists that are all about division and bigotry and can't come to terms with the fact Scotland chose it's place in the UK 😁