Should Scotland be an independent country?

Alex Kintner

505 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don’t know/ Abstain/ Spoil ballot

10 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Disgraceful 

This is really poor. 

We see this behaviour when those who are extremists for their version of nationalism start acting like a-holes. It was the same with Brexit.

That aside - Cook is a bang average journalist who has checked boxes throughout his career. 

Edited by Mysterion

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• JudyJudyJudy

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Well yeah, and this is a thread called "Should Scotland be an independent country?"

Obviously there are a mixed bag of opinions - let's have some of them rather than this shit.

It's a serious topic, future generations' lives.

Edited by jack D and coke

manaliveits105

Fair play to Nicky for her part condemnation but she needed to condemn the attacks on conservatives attending the event too - or political gatherings will become open season for bampots on both sides

she needs to distance herself from the smurfs including ours or maybe she is happy that they are turning people off the indy movement with their ignorant aggression.

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, Percival King said:

Some will say yes, some will say no, some will spend a lifetime saying yes regardless of the economic conditions etc at any given time and some will spend a lifetime saying no regardless of the economic conditions etc at any given time. Seems to be that for every person who wants independence there's around one other person who doesn't want it. 

I was Yes in 2014 purely based on an emotional level . I’m now thinking more out of the box and it’ll more than likely be a no from me after I consider all the arguments 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Fair play to Nicky for her part condemnation but she needed to condemn the attacks on conservatives attending the event too - or political gatherings will become open season for bampots on both sides

she needs to distance herself from the smurfs including ours or maybe she is happy that they are turning people off the indy movement with their ignorant aggression.

Yes it was half hearted condemnation really . Needed to go further .

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

We’ve just seen it in full flow. No thanks. 😂

Exactly what I’ve been saying . 

Unknown user

Things happen under the current situation.

Dazo blames a situation that isn't in place.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Things happen under the current situation.

Dazo blames a situation that isn't in place.

I’ve been pretty clear before this situation Smithee. I don’t think we should hand the keys to Scotland to racist backward thinking lefties. 😊 

I’m a more inclusive sort who thinks people should be able to walk down the street without being called scum or a traitor because of your accent or have a different opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I’ve been pretty clear before this situation Smithee. I don’t think we should hand the keys to Scotland to racist backward thinking lefties. 😊 

I’m a more inclusive sort who thinks people should be able to walk down the street without being called scum or a traitor because of your accent or have a different opinion. 

Well said

Konrad von Carstein

Define "leftie" please...and in your head are all indie supporters "backward thinking racists"?

Your 2nd para is spot on, although I'd include not subjecting people who have an opposite view to you to broad brush insults on a football fans forum :)

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You don't think Scotland should be able to hold its government to account?

jack D and coke

The union loving brits have been so welcoming to all comers especially the Irish immigrants that have only been here for 300 years😐

Their annual marches make it clear. 

2D99A71A-95B8-4894-A29D-5C6350293447.jpeg

Unknown user
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

The union loving brits have been so welcoming to all comers especially the Irish immigrants that have only been here for 300 years😐

I like what they've done with your hair @Dazo

Unknown user

"I don’t think we should hand the keys to Scotland to racist backward thinking lefties."

Hell of a way to describe the Scottish electorate

20 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Only problem with that, D, is the last time there was a ref, it was the right bams who caused all the trouble, even tearing saltires away from wee lassies.

I'm glad the Nats have manned up !

😂

But seriously, Indy or no, there are divisions in Scotland and always will be...because of the above. 

Edited by Boab

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

whos he ?

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Well, the poll hasn't budged an inch so I'd say the good people of KB say yes !

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

whos he ?

:lol: 

I have no idea what this is other than a Brit bigot.

The biggest bigots that inhabit Scotland. 

They hate Scotland every bit as much as they hate the bad kaffliks that have Irish blood. 

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Another village idiot. 

26 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Define "leftie" please...and in your head are all indie supporters "backward thinking racists"?

Your 2nd para is spot on, although I'd include not subjecting people who have an opposite view to you to broad brush insults on a football fans forum :)

Not all indie supporters just the vocal majority.

Come on Konrad, broad brush insults are the staple diet of this thread. 😊

24 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Don’t even want to know what you Googled to come across that or was it already in your camera roll ? 😂

Unknown user
Just now, Dazo said:

You don't want a government that's accountable to the Scottish electorate because they're not right wing enough for you.

TF is that?

18 minutes ago, Boab said:

Only problem with that, D, is the last time there was a ref, it was the right bams who caused all the trouble, even tearing saltires away from wee lassies.

I'm glad the Nats have manned up !

😂

But seriously, Indy or no, there are divisions in Scotland and always will be...because of the above. 

That’s the problem Boab, the country is completely divided. It isn’t great either way. 

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, Dazo said:

Ah ken :lol: but I think you mean vocal "MINORITY":mellow:

And your opinion on what constitutes a leftie? :whistling:

jack D and coke
Just now, Dazo said:

Don’t even want to know what you Googled to come across that or was it already in your camera roll ? 😂

It appeared on my twitter feed around the 12th marches and thought I’d save it for a special occasion 😂

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

That’s the problem Boab, the country is completely divided. It isn’t great either way. 

I have no truck with division, only that our particular problems stem, in part, because of this bullshit. 

Every country has differing views, but idiots abound with views based on what football team they support.

It's a bit depressing.

35 minutes ago, Boab said:

Well, the poll hasn't budged an inch so I'd say the good people of KB say yes !

I remember a similar poll carried out in 2014 prior to the independence referendum. Think it was 85% were yes . Dropped a fair bit 😂

1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

I remember a similar poll carried out in 2014 prior to the independence referendum. Think it was 85% were yes . Dropped a fair bit 😂

Typical Kickback !

Arseholes !

😂

26 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Ah ken :lol: but I think you mean vocal "MINORITY":mellow:

And your opinion on what constitutes a leftie? :whistling:

Leftie, a blame and expectation on the government to sort your life out or pay for everything. Over taxing people or businesses because the earn a decent wage or profit. 

Konrad von Carstein
7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Leftie, a blame and expectation on the government to sort your life out or pay for everything. Over taxing people or businesses because the earn a decent wage or profit. 

I'd describe them as wasters TBH.

The UK tax system needs a root and branch review, I read somewhere that it's complexity is a boon to tax avoidance.

Everyone should pay their fair share, tax avoidance schemes should be banned, and loopholes that the super rich use to avoid paying tax on earnings made in the UK should be closed.. All on my opinion of course 🙂

7 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I'd describe them as wasters TBH.

The UK tax system needs a root and branch review, I read somewhere that it's complexity is a boon to tax avoidance.

Everyone should pay their fair share, tax avoidance schemes should be banned, and loopholes that the super rich use to avoid paying tax on earnings made in the UK should be closed.. All on my opinion of course 🙂

I don’t really disagree Konrad, I hate the tax the rich tagline spouted out. Sone people seem to forget that well paid people who aren’t rich incidentally are rich already pay a lot of ****ing tax. They’ve paid they’re share but also take the least back. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Well if Scotland became an independent country the working class will certainly be no better off because of it, just even more tax, new made up tax schemes and hot air 

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Scottish

Conservative

Unionist

Minority

:leveinproblem:

FFS how long did it take you to do that ? :) 

image-23-10-21-11-03-4.jpeg

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

You don't think Scotland should be able to hold its government to account?

It can hold it's government to account, buy chooses not to.

The Scottish Independence movement is sn anti Conservative party movement. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Edited by pablo

Shooter McGavin
2 hours ago, Dazo said:

Were we an independent nation yesterday?

Edited by Shooter McGavin

Unknown user
Just now, pablo said:

The Scottish Independence movement is sn anti Conservative party movement. Nothing more, nothing less. 

IMG_20190330_014009.jpg

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

IMG_20190330_014009.jpg

You always do. But then you're absolutely blinkered in this debate and offer nothing.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, pablo said:

Conservative

You spelt  a word wrong mate . Ill leave you to guess what word it should be. 

1 minute ago, Hunky Dory said:

A solitary bampot represents a movement? Deary me. At best that makes you look like a fool, at worst it makes you look like a tunnel-visioned zealot.

I recall that during the referendum, nearly every single prosecution ranging from a pregnant women being kicked to threats of murder were found to be unionists.

When you think of the dregs of society, such as BNP, National Front, UKIP, etc., remind me if they were for or against Scottish Independence? Those are the type of people that you're standing alongside, representing your political cause. And if you think that's an unfair comparison, then don't tag Scottish Independence supporters with solitary mouthy bampots.

Desperate desperate stuff.  Political debate in Scotland is toxic and that's not because of the National Front or BNP.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Well yeah, and this is a thread called "Should Scotland be an independent country?"

Obviously there are a mixed bag of opinions - let's have some of them rather than this shit.

It's a serious topic, future generations' lives.

Fundamentally, there’s nothing to debate. Whatever we’re told is subject to change, or potentially lies. No-one can look at Better Together and think the Union is now offering what they said it would when the first vote took place. The UK is a mess. No-one can look at Yes camp’s chat about the value of oil to an Indy Scotland and think they had any idea what they were talking about either. It’s all total horseshit.

Far better to decide if the idea of independence floats your boat ideologically. If it goes, go for it. If it doesn’t, vote no. The technical debate around it is just white noise.