Should Scotland be an independent country?

Alex Kintner

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

505 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don’t know/ Abstain/ Spoil ballot

Unknown user
Just now, jambomjm74 said:

Sorry but you did directly and via other posts. 
“zlatanable, the piss take laughing emojis and squeal” I could add more. 

I can't keep up, so are you zed?

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• JudyJudyJudy

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

Just now, Smithee said:

I can't keep up, so are you zed?

Another abusive plonker. 
i was warned to expect a pile on .. here it comes. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, jambomjm74 said:

Another abusive plonker. 
i was warned to expect a pile on .. here it comes. 

Yet I asked a question, and you're calling me a name 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Smithee said:

Yet I asked a question, and you're calling me a name 🤷‍♂️

Yep it wasn’t a piss take.. at all .. come on … 
Time to leave this thread to you guys 

Unknown user

Yep it wasn’t a piss take.. at all .. come on … 
Time to leave this thread to you guys 

I'm asking if you used to be zlatanable. You did, didn't you?

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I'm asking if you used to be zlatanable. You did, didn't you?

You are now going way beyond having a laugh .. behave yourself. Thanks 

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Dawn, buddy. You were talking to yourself there.

Oh aye, deviants sticking together, might've kent.

Actually, took a bacon baguette up the hills the other day with, gulp, chilli ketchup on it.

Stick in Jonesy pal, you'll get there in the end, look on this as the first step in a rehabilitation programme, one day at a time👍

Just now, jonesy said:

I went home and flogged myself for hours.

I do that regularly but don't worry, if onanism gets you through, you bash on.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I went home and flogged myself for hours.

I was out in the sun enjoying the views earlier, pulled a muscle in my groin when I got home 

Unknown user
16 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

Time to end this chat, thanks 

Is there a subtext I'm unaware of? It is you, isn't it? We were great pals weren't we?

Just now, Smithee said:

Is there a subtext I'm unaware of? It is you, isn't it? We were great pals weren't we?

Have we got a problem here ??

I assume you understand that I’ve asked you twice to be polite and move on…  again thanks 

Unknown user

Have we got a problem here ??

I assume you understand that I’ve asked you twice to be polite and move on…  again thanks 

I don't do requests, not in public anyway. You're free to stop responding Z.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I don't do requests, not in public anyway. You're free to stop responding Z.

I’m not requesting anything. 
Please no more Z comments, I’m assuming it’s an attempt at a piss take…

you must know after 3 time it’s trolling

Jeffros Furios
10 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

That's NOT how you spell "Fisted

:groundhog:

Unknown user

I’m not requesting anything. 
Please no more Z comments, I’m assuming it’s an attempt at a piss take…

you must know after 3 time it’s trolling

Did you used to be Zlatanable on here though?

I'll take further avoidance as an affirmative, good to see you again 

Just now, Smithee said:

Did you used to be Zlatanable on here though?

I'll take further avoidance as an affirmative, good to see you again 

I’ve warned you and tried to be polite..

Are you looking for a Problem here ? It seems you are .. 

are you trying to be funny or other ? 

Unknown user

I’ve warned you and tried to be polite..

Are you looking for a Problem here ? It seems you are .. 

are you trying to be funny or other ? 

Well I hope you're well, have fun

A Boy Named Crow

I was wondering the other week what had happened to the Z-Man. For a while I thought he and MAI105 were the same person... who knows?

There is a pattern on here with the 'single issue' posters. You know, the ones, they obsess about one topic, are prolific posters on specific threads,  and are utterly dogmatic, unable to engage in reasoned debate and show very little empathy.

We have them across multiple topics, there's independence / unionist tragics, fake Tory trolls,  trans rights (or otherwise) obsessives, US politics extremists... they all share a common trait though,  I don't believe any of them would be that obnoxious in real life, it's just not how people are...not without risking facial injury anyway. 

I miss how kickback used to be,  a bunch of creepy deviants stalking a woman some bloke met at a night club,  a guy who shat in a field, kicking a fox to death,  the fantastic "row 44 of the Wheatfield" entrapment... this place was genuinely entertaining.

I can see why the mods keep the roasters around,  more members, more posts,  more advertising dosh,  but I would love there to be a kickback without them, it would just be more... pleasant 🤠

I know there's an ignore function,  but it doesn't work. Even if you don't see the post that started it, the ensuing car crash plays out across whatever thread they have polluted.

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

The Mighty Thor
4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I remember people saying this was nonsense too. 

71013492-EB2C-4D0D-A3E4-4549C374934F.jpeg

Oh!

Why would they need Scotlands water when something wibble Manchester millions of gallons wibble.

I remember that conversation clearly. 

I think it becomes clearer as to why they want to keep the sweaties under their heel. Resources. They've got F all 

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Oh!

Why would they need Scotlands water when something wibble Manchester millions of gallons wibble.

I remember that conversation clearly. 

I think it becomes clearer as to why they want to keep the sweaties under their heel. Resources. They've got F all 

England need to increase water storage, the last reservoir built in England was in 1991, there's about 10million more people now, there's plenty of water available in England, some of the wettest places in the UK are down here, there's not enough storage, that's the problem. 

14 hours ago, Boab said:

Not necessarily. There was a lot of discussion, pre-ref, on how the EU would deal with Scotland had Yes won. Mainly on Articles 48 and 49 of the EU treaties. 

It was the UK government that didn't want to proceed with the advice as they maybe suspected the EU might give Scotland the green light. It was never resolved as the No vote negated any discussion.

I know that much. To say we would have been out, full stop, is..lies and bullshit !

Ha haha.....this is particularly brilliant

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

England need to increase water storage, the last reservoir built in England was in 1991, there's about 10million more people now, there's plenty of water available in England, some of the wettest places in the UK are down here, there's not enough storage, that's the problem. 

So no investment since 1991 or really not a penny invested since Thatcher sold it all off to her mates for pennies 🤔

Not a very forward thinking race the English. Mind you centuries of just taking everyone else's resources (usually at the end of a gun) probably leads you to think you dont need to invest in your own. 

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

So no investment since 1991 or really not a penny invested since Thatcher sold it all off to her mates for pennies 🤔

Not a very forward thinking race the English. Mind you centuries of just taking everyone else's resources (usually at the end of a gun) probably leads you to think you dont need to invest in your own. 

The British you mean. There's that them and us again. 

The Mighty Thor
Just now, pablo said:

The British you mean. There's that them and us again. 

No I mean the English. They're running out of water and haven't invested since that vile old boot Thatcher sold off the water boards in 1989.  

Scotland has a nationalised water company which invests heavily in a precious natural resource to ensure that when I turn on the tap it comes out. 

So no I mean the English. 

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

No I mean the English. They're running out of water and haven't invested since that vile old boot Thatcher sold off the water boards in 1989.  

Scotland has a nationalised water company which invests heavily in a precious natural resource to ensure that when I turn on the tap it comes out. 

So no I mean the English. 

The backwards looking colonists comment attributed to the English when you should have said British. 

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, pablo said:

The backwards looking colonists comment attributed to the English when you should have said British. 

So England only started land and resource grabbing after the union of the crowns?

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

So England only started land and resource grabbing after the union of the crowns?

No, but then Scotland had a shot too. And seeing as neither England nor Scotland have existed for over 300 years and we were all baws deep in creating the British Empire, good luck airbrushing that one.

Konrad von Carstein
21 minutes ago, pablo said:

No, but then Scotland had a shot too. And seeing as neither England nor Scotland have existed for over 300 years and we were all baws deep in creating the British Empire, good luck airbrushing that one.

:wtfvlad:

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, pablo said:

So just to confirm, yes they did?

England exists mate, it's just down the road from here, starts round about Berwick upon Tweed. 

Top Tip: Whilst you might find nodding heads with your go to Scotland is a region nonsense, you'll not get far saying England doesn't exist. 

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Christ, and to think I got a ban for making a joke about a Chinese name. 

Thor, I'm disappointed in you.

apologies for the analogy but it's uncollected rainwater off a ducks back to me. 

1 hour ago, pablo said:

You come across as a bit of a Scotland hater! Rejoice in your unionism as that's what it is. Try being more philosophical about your political choices. Have a great day and a beer or 2.

6 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I remember people saying this was nonsense too. 

71013492-EB2C-4D0D-A3E4-4549C374934F.jpeg

Maybe just me but countries within the union sharing resources shouldn’t really be a negative thing. 

Regardless I think I’ve been hearing about England running out of water for my whole life. Think they will be okay. 

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

All correct, buy still doesn't mean that England needs Scotland's water, I've asked you before and you never answered, why are United Utilities building a pipe to take water from the Lake District to Manchester and not from Scotland?

13 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

So just to confirm, yes they did?

England exists mate, it's just down the road from here, starts round about Berwick upon Tweed. 

Top Tip: Whilst you might find nodding heads with your go to Scotland is a region nonsense, you'll not get far saying England doesn't exist. 

Obviously they exist. But not as sovereign nation states which I thought was pretty obvious what I meant and is undeniably true.

11 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

You come across as a bit of a Scotland hater! Rejoice in your unionism as that's what it is. Try being more philosophical about your political choices. Have a great day and a beer or 2.

I don't believe in Unionism. Other than in the union between Great Britain and Northern Ireland. 

Scotland hater? Deary me.

The Mighty Thor
14 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

All correct, buy still doesn't mean that England needs Scotland's water, I've asked you before and you never answered, why are United Utilities building a pipe to take water from the Lake District to Manchester and not from Scotland?

No idea mate. We've got sufficient water to supply our country thanks to a stat owned water company that re-invests. 

Clearly whatever united utilities are doing is a bit late no?

It’s a wee bit funny how those who were mocking and/or raging about Sunak and his plans to ‘outlaw’ criticism of the UK get their knickers in a twist about your Scottishness unless you’re a full on woad-faced kilt-wearing Irn-Bru-swilling freedom-hollering nationalist.

I agree.

I'd rather vilify individuals rather than a nation.

Especially that wee **** !