Celtic to be served court summons

Forever Hearts

Oh well , that non political post has turned this thread in to a political one , then ………….. shame , it was actually surprisingly well posted up until then 

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Sir PH

• buzzbomb1958

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fozzyonthefence
17 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Celtic and the SG both in denial to any accusations.  Not our fault, blame everybody else

And just to prove my earlier point!  How is it the SG’s fault that children were getting sexually abused at football clubs?  We didn’t even have a SG when most of these crimes were getting committed!

6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

And just to prove my earlier point!  How is it the SG’s fault that children were getting sexually abused at football clubs?  We didn’t even have a SG when most of these crimes were getting committed!

I am comparing the reaction of both to accusations. Not saying the SG should be involved in Celtic, tho to be fair they wouldnt want to do or say anything to upset a lot of their supporters

• Moderators

If members want to get into detailed political aspects in this thread then I'll be moving it to the Shed. 

Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/09/2022 at 11:18, Sooks said:

I dislike Celtic as much as the next person , quite possibly more than most , but I think those first two paragraphs are a wee bit off the mark . I do not think the club as an entity think raping children is okay and I do not think the majority of Catholics do either

They are despicable for dragging this out and trying to weasel out of their responsibilities though ................. I think the reasons for that are financial though rather than them thinking it is okay to rape kids 

We’ve crossed swords before, Sooks, but I was impressed by your comments here which I think are balanced and objective. We certainly need more of that, so here’s a “well done” from me.

13 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

We’ve crossed swords before, Sooks, but I was impressed by your comments here which I think are balanced and objective. We certainly need more of that, so here’s a “well done” from me.

I think people should be able to agree on some things and disagree on others . Things like common decency and attitudes towards child rape should more often than not more often than not lead to almost universal agreement

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Actually a positive step forward.

Greater weight of evidence will hopefully force them to abandon their desperate attempts at self preservation , and just make the first decent and appropriate step towards settlement with the victims 

The real establishment club, long may they suffer for the hurt they have inflicted on the vulnerable. 

They truly are a vile organisation. 

2 hours ago, sac said:

Gorgie Ultras future banner alert!

I'd rather we didnt stoop low enough to try to make fun of this particular situation. 

2 hours ago, sac said:

Gorgie Ultras future banner alert!

I'm sure that will be very tasteful and comforting for the victims. 😏

postage-stamp
Just now, davemclaren said:

I'm sure that will be very tasteful and comforting for the victims. 😏

It's too late for the victims.  Gotta stop it happening again 

1 minute ago, postage-stamp said:

It's too late for the victims.  Gotta stop it happening again 

The victims are still alive. Scoring petty points at a football match helps no-one, in my opinion. 

24 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The victims are still alive. Scoring petty points at a football match helps no-one, in my opinion. 

Well said Dave, listening to our fans gleefully singing about the sexual abuse of children is stomach churning. 

40 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

14 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Well said Dave, listening to our fans gleefully singing about the sexual abuse of children is stomach churning. 

:spoton: i would post my views on those who believe it is acceptable to do this but dont want a ban

51 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

I'd rather we didnt stoop low enough to try to make fun of this particular situation. 

Me too . How ever , Celtics behaviour to try and avoid the responsibilities connected to what happened is deplorable , and they SHOULD be called out for it 

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Me too . How ever , Celtics behaviour to try and avoid the responsibilities connected to what happened is deplorable , and they SHOULD be called out for it 

That part I do agree with. Their attempts to distance themselves from their boys team and accepting no moral responsibility to, at the very least, apologise for the actions of these monsters does need public awareness.  

1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

Exactly. It’s petty point scoring. Anybody claiming different is a liar imo. Vile and deplorable bengaviour from Celtic in the wake of this but leave them to stew in their own lies.  

2 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

Me too , it is not a thing to sing or chant about 

Ex member of the SaS
19 hours ago, Sooks said:

Greater weight of evidence will hopefully force them to abandon their desperate attempts at self preservation , and just make the first decent and appropriate step towards settlement with the victims 

Unfortunately that won't happen, whilst I agree Celtic football club and all those who were involved or knew what was happening, should be hung drawn and quartered, they won't spend a penny that are not ordered to. Spending money on this will reduce their dominance over the Hun and possibly put them well down in terms of getting and paying top players. Not the way I would want them toppled from the top of the league but will take it if it happens. The whole scummy mob should be made to pay ( not just in monetary terms  ) and pay handsomely.

Ronald Villiers
On 30/09/2022 at 08:55, Fozzyonthefence said:

I think the post was in relation to Celtic trying to sweep this under the carpet and the SG's reluctance to even comment on it.  

• 5 months later...

The latest is Celtic are checking old HR records to try to prove they didn't employ some of the abusers. Court hearing delayed again but this is still more positive than negative. I notice Celtic FC have employed a safe pair of hands as manager perhaps to help handle the outcome of the court case. 

Meanwhile there is a new information summary through the lawyers taking the case.

And one of the key participants who gave evidence at some of the court cases that led to jail has died. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Portable Badger
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The latest is Celtic are checking old HR records to try to prove they didn't employ some of the abusers. Court hearing delayed again but this is still more positive than negative. I notice Celtic FC have employed a safe pair of hands as manager perhaps to help handle the outcome of the court case. 

Meanwhile there is a new information summary through the lawyers taking the case.

And one of the key participants who gave evidence at some of the court cases that led to jail has died. 

Begs the question why Celtic have not checked their HR records before now - they’ve had plenty of time. The cynic in me would suspect delay tactics and also to your last comment - some of the ‘accusers’ are sadly passing away as the timeframe stretches on and on.

13 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

Begs the question why Celtic have not checked their HR records before now - they’ve had plenty of time. The cynic in me would suspect delay tactics and also to your last comment - some of the ‘accusers’ are sadly passing away as the timeframe stretches on and on.

It shows they are under pressure. The main defence has been 'separate club', 'nothing to do with us'. It was said they can't prove that as they can't find the documents.

One of the main points made by the campaigners has been that most of the abusers at Celtic Boys Club were also employed by Celtic. Anyone looking at that will take one main conclusion.

So being forced to look at old HR records suggests the debate (if you can call court proceedings that) has moved on. 

John Findlay

Celtic's behaviour since this became public knowledge has been totally abhorrent.

Their sole objective has been to avoid paying millions of pounds in compensation to the victims.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I do feel its coming. That it will reach a point in the court case that Celtic will settle. When they have exhausted all their attempts to prove Celtic Boys club was separate. 

It would be sensible too..

• 2 months later...
joondalupjambo
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I said this would happen. The case was becoming undefendable.

Lucky they made 47m profit last year.

2m each.

Sorted.

Hagar the Horrible

Looking to save themselves embarrassment. Make no mistake they have no shame it will be the survivors fault. There is no doubt there will be a caveat that they get their money but they get to distance themselves from this.  The BBC and Channel 4 taking the Brand thing seriously but this needs a public enquiry 

In the seventies, the alleged perverted boys club scenario was a "standing joke" among other footer fans and a barb with which to taunt Celtic punters.......it seems that the allegations back then didnt exactly stop the nefarious goings on for years to come ......surely the "rumours" back then should have been enough for the then Celtic bosses to seriously look into things ? Now that in itself should be looked into !!!

I see it as them admitting guilt by agreeing to make a settlement with the victims…scared they could get screwed for more when (not if) found guilty if it went all the way.

probably offer lowball settlements too!

It's very noticeable how this case is not everywhere and never has been.

It's had less coverage than an allegedly unwanted kiss of a Spanish footballer.

1 minute ago, Oda be a JT said:

I see it as them admitting guilt by agreeing to make a settlement with the victims…scared they could get screwed for more when (not if) found guilty if it went all the way.

probably offer lowball settlements too!

Presumably the victims lawyers will balance the likelihood of winning and getting more in court against any settlement offer. 

2 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

It's very noticeable how this case is not everywhere and never has been.

It's had less coverage than an allegedly unwanted kiss of a Spanish footballer.

True and disgusting.

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Presumably the victims lawyers will balance the likelihood of winning and getting more in court against any settlement offer. 

Assume it's not just about money to the victims. . .

Just now, Section Q said:

Assume it's not just about money to the victims. . .

That works both ways though. It won’t be easy for them revisiting all the evidence again during a civil case. 

It's really sad that a topic on child abuse turns into a political and religious dogfight. Our 'loyal' supporters showing their great interest in getting justice for alleged victims of child abuse???? 

That works both ways though. It won’t be easy for them revisiting all the evidence again during a civil case. 

Some of these victims, (not all), might want to have their day in court....

Celtic accepting liability is a decent result for victims. Celtic not having this in court with all the publicity and getting credit for paying compensation is a very very good result for Celtic. 

They might well. However, as you say, I’d assume there’s a lot of mixed feelings about it all in that class action group. 

5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

It's really sad that a topic on child abuse turns into a political and religious dogfight. Our 'loyal' supporters showing their great interest in getting justice for alleged victims of child abuse???? 

Facts are facts. Over 40 years of abuse and 30 years of denial.

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Celtic accepting liability is a decent result for victims. Celtic not having this in court with all the publicity and getting credit for paying compensation is a very very good result for Celtic. 

I think the focus should be on what is the best outcome for the victims rather than what is the worst outcome for Celtic 

I think the focus should be on what is the best outcome for the victims rather than what is the worst outcome for Celtic 

Hopefully both!

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You focus where you want

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Their whole association/connection with paedophile clergy and beyond will ensure they are well primed for every eventually. I hope this gets media coverage for a long time. Not because they're a football club, but because of the damage that's been done to young promising boys who had the potentially to be a success in sport at an elite level. 

• davemclaren locked this topic