Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Sir PH

• buzzbomb1958

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Celtic accepting liability is a decent result for victims. Celtic not having this in court with all the publicity and getting credit for paying compensation is a very very good result for Celtic. 

I don't think Celtic have accepted any liability, they are just seeking to settle this out of court so that, as you say, they avoid the damaging publicity that would bring. Thomson's, the lawyers representing the victims, are going to have a big decision to make, presumably based on whatever settlement Celtic's insurers come up with and given what instructions they've agreed to with the victims. Do they negotiate the best settlement possible or say no chance, see you in court. That could be complicated by the number of victims and naturally the different feelings on financially what is enough and maybe more importantly what closure each victim requires. Having said that I'm sure that Thomson's will have known that this scenario has been probable so it's likely that has all been discussed well ahead of time. 

Edited by Luckies1874

One of my friends went through something similar at school

I dearly hope that Celtic have to take the blame and that the survivors take them for every Penny they have 

Get scum like this punished and the reputation of those who committed the crimes, or defended them , sat right underneath the glaring spotlight 

First priority is to the victims , and I hope they get closure and verdicts

Second priority is making sure that every weasel ***** who put the reputation of CFC before justice gets punished and exposed 

Edited by Sooks

Not one person on here gives a **** about victims. They just want to prove they are more loyalist than the others. Sad doesn't cover it

8 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Not one person on here gives a **** about victims. They just want to prove they are more loyalist than the others. Sad doesn't cover it

Including me ? Make your case please 

10 minutes ago, XB52 said:

It is really depressing to read such an ignorant post on here . I am genuinely really annoyed about this total mess of a post 

Loyalist? Fully paid up member of the future independent republic of Scotland. I'm not even protestant either!

We just hate Celtic and are disgusted by the cover up they have been involved in. Nothing 'loyalist' about that.

Geoff Kilpatrick
13 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Shite troll is shite 

14 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Really?

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Do not normally get annoyed by such total ignorance but the boy @XB52 is so far beyond out of order for that pile of steaming shite post

To say that everyone is only commenting because they are loyalist is extreme to say the least but let's not kid ourselves on, there are a few that jump on this with  a loyalist agenda, no doubt the same people that sing songs about child abuse for a laugh, turns my stomach 

5 minutes ago, lou said:

To say that everyone is only commenting because they are loyalist is extreme to say the least but let's not kid ourselves on, there are a few that jump on this with  a loyalist agenda, no doubt the same people that sing songs about child abuse for a laugh, turns my stomach 

I will take everything after your use of but and we can talk about that separately 

It was a totally stinking post by @XB52 and I am insulted by it . Probably the most ignorant thing I have read on here since I joined 

32 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Perhaps your deflecting from the story to prove how Republican you are....

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Do not normally get annoyed by such total ignorance but the boy @XB52 is so far beyond out of order for that pile of steaming shite post

😀😀😀😀 who gives a ****

11 minutes ago, lou said:

Exactly. It's like every other topic on here. Loyalists on one side, others on the other side

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I will take everything after your use of but and we can talk about that separately 

It was a totally stinking post by @XB52 and I am insulted by it . Probably the most ignorant thing I have read on here since I joined 

Get a life 😀😀😀😀

3 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

Perhaps your deflecting from the story to prove how Republican you are....

And there we have the proof. You don't give a **** about victims, you just want to prove how much of a loyalist you are. Totally pathetic

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

😀😀😀😀 who gives a ****

I give a ****

Just now, XB52 said:

Get a life 😀😀😀😀

Wod you say that to the victims of this child abuse case too ? Or would you assume they were making it up because they do not like Catholics or whatever other ludicrous and ignorant point you are embarrassing yourself with 

Honestly you need to step away from the internet today 

39 minutes ago, XB52 said:

20220122_100634.jpg

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

And there we have the proof. You don't give a **** about victims, you just want to prove how much of a loyalist you are. Totally pathetic

I stated above that I have a friend who suffered from a very similar crime . Is my anger at your embarrassing ignorance also because I am a “ loyalist “

Just now, Sooks said:

I stated above that I have a friend who suffered from a very similar crime . Is my anger at your embarrassing ignorance also because I am a “ loyalist “

To be quite honest, i don't give a ****

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

To be quite honest, i don't give a ****

What do you not give a **** about

Your total shameful ignorance

Your lack of intelligence to miss the target so badly on a topic that many people reading your shite will have actual experience of

The fact that you are unable to separate your political leanings from some of the most abhorrent crimes possible

You are having a total apocalypse of a day on here just now 

What a weird wee hill to die on. 

Potshots and accusations at fellow posters.

Clearly rattled his favourite club aren't perfect. I'd empty the Celtic *****. 

Just now, Sooks said:

What do you not give a **** about

Your total shameful ignorance

Your lack of intelligence to miss the target so badly on a topic that many people reading your shite will have actual experience of

The fact that you are unable to separate your political leanings from some of the most abhorrent crimes possible

You are having a total apocalypse of a day on here just now 

An absolute spectacular case of irony from that poster. 

15 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Exactly. It's like every other topic on here. Loyalists on one side, others on the other side

No, there are many posters who are not interested in either side of the divide and who are capable of thinking and posting subjectively and humanely about this and to call all your fellow supporters loyalists is incredible 

Edited by lou

18 minutes ago, XB52 said:

But the point is, mate, it’s not everyone on here. Just some. No problem if had said some loyalists and not “ not one person.”

The devil is in the detail.

23 minutes ago, XB52 said:

No it is not . I am not a loyalist and I find your post to be among the most ignorant and nauseating posts I have ever read on here . What is actually wrong with you 

11 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

An absolute spectacular case of irony from that poster. 

Genuinely never seen the like and the fact it was from someone with assuming fly similar political views to myself about Scottish self determination makes it all the more galling 

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Completely agree 

There we have it folks, one of the worst posts that you will ever see on Kickback, ever.

Stunningly awful.

2 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

An abhorrent and disgusting football club. Utter scum. 

You have to remember the lawyers will also go after Sevco, Hibs and Dundee Utd because of the employees they had guilty of the same thing

3 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

You have to remember the lawyers will also go after Sevco, Hibs and Dundee Utd because of the employees they had guilty of the same thing

Thompsons have a court case currently against Rangers. Expected to go to court this year. 

Celtic denied responsibility because they claimed Celtic Boys Club was a separate, independent organisation. Rangers are denying responsibility on the grounds they are a new club and the old club liquidated in 2012 is liable. 

A horrifying story breaks in Scottish football and football fans are loyalists for discussing it...

17 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Yep think the same lawyers are dealing with all clubs, rightfully so. 

Carl Fredrickson

I hope that Celtic need to take responsibility and I imagine that many of the victims will want them to do so. 

I read some of the victims that have spoke out about their experiences have suffered online abuse by some Celtic fans. This is deplorable and I hope if it goes to court the victims get lots of support. 

Re the pay out, I would be amazed if this is covered by any insurance that the club has - can you imagine the discussion when renewing the policy asking for "child abuse payments" to be added? I dont think their announcement yesterday of record profits will help their cause as Thompsons will see them as cash rich and will be going for maximum compensation.  

The cases in England may be used to gauge the compensation but I am unaware of the value of any of those payments. Unsure if money will help the victims other than to provide material comforts that may not otherwise afford. 

3 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I hope that Celtic need to take responsibility and I imagine that many of the victims will want them to do so. 

I read some of the victims that have spoke out about their experiences have suffered online abuse by some Celtic fans. This is deplorable and I hope if it goes to court the victims get lots of support. 

Re the pay out, I would be amazed if this is covered by any insurance that the club has - can you imagine the discussion when renewing the policy asking for "child abuse payments" to be added? I dont think their announcement yesterday of record profits will help their cause as Thompsons will see them as cash rich and will be going for maximum compensation.  

The cases in England may be used to gauge the compensation but I am unaware of the value of any of those payments. Unsure if money will help the victims other than to provide material comforts that may not otherwise afford. 

You can buy insurance to cover criminal acts by directors and employees. Whether Celtic had it at the time is another matter. 

joondalupjambo
33 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Thompsons have a court case currently against Rangers. Expected to go to court this year. 

Celtic denied responsibility because they claimed Celtic Boys Club was a separate, independent organisation. Rangers are denying responsibility on the grounds they are a new club and the old club liquidated in 2012 is liable. 

I thought a Judge had already ruled that they were the same club so they could their titles, cup wins etc.  Then not the same club so they did have to carry over the liabilities. Very confusing.

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Loyalist? Fully paid up member of the future independent republic of Scotland. I'm not even protestant either!

We just hate Celtic and are disgusted by the cover up they have been involved in. Nothing 'loyalist' about that.

The above could have been written by me. Indeed I am a practicing RC, but religion and politics should never have anything to do with football. It makes me almost vomit the way that the two big Glasgow clubs exploit sectarianism for their own ends. Celtic apparently have £70m in the bank. Every penny should be shared out amongst the victims of the vile club responsible for allowing abuse go unhindered for years destroying countless young lifes.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Shite troll is shite 

Indeed. First post didn’t get any bites so went for it with the second and gets the desired result. Weird subject to get your cheapies over mind you. 

Carl Fredrickson
30 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You can buy insurance to cover criminal acts by directors and employees. Whether Celtic had it at the time is another matter. 

Thanks Dave.

1) I bet it isnt cheap

2) I wonder if the policy would need to be in place when the crime takes place

3) If Celtic are not accepting liability, then I wonder why the insurance firm would pay out. I am sure others will know more than I.

Apologies if I have went off at a tangent as I want to try and keep focussed on the many, many victims over such a long time.

29 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It will depend ,you are correct in one way you can have a moral liability insurance which usually is more or less what is put in place to avoid multi million pound settlements depending on how much blame is dependant on the proportion of blame which will be the fault of Celtic at the time of the crimes , It looks like they will not admit liability so they obviously come to an agreement how much compensation will be paid by the club and that of the insurance companies, for all those people hoping it will leave them potless it ain’t going to happen 

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Roaster.

• davemclaren locked this topic