Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Sir PH

• buzzbomb1958

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 02/03/2022 at 15:47, Musemic said:

I'm not sure it would be appropriate for the FM or her government to comment on what would appear to now be a live court case.

Exactly

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Never commented on it when it wasn't a live court case. 

Did she or they comment before Goodwillie was a live court case

john thomas
8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Did she or they comment before Goodwillie was a live court case

Of course they didn't . Nor could they .

I would have thought , basically , that was common knowledge

Just now, john thomas said:

Of course they didn't . Nor could they .

I would have thought , basically , that was common knowledge

As would I but for some reason people are hinting that the first minister and Scottish government are guilty of duplicity or lack of parity 

Spitonastranger
On 02/03/2022 at 12:11, John Findlay said:

Funny that as the head of that government, was not slow in coming forward to condemn David Goodwillie.

how can she discuss an ongoing case :bwcornette:

john thomas
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

As would I but for some reason people are hinting that the first minister and Scottish government are guilty of duplicity or lack of parity 

Yes certainly some reason 

Rogue Daddy
30 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

More people have come forward

Good news. The more brave souls that come forward the better... this should never be forgotten, allowed to happen again, nor swept under any carpet. Here's hoping they get some form of justice (or peace) out of this tragic episode.

“The court has made this a real, live litigation and Celtic have been given a clear sign they need to stop their obfuscation.

“There can be no hiding behind legal technicalities and trying to evade their responsibilities through delaying tactics.

“The decision has given more people the strength to come forward.

“That’s what we’ve heard from former boys club players in the last few days.”

Jambo_jim2001

Hope they get nailed to the wall, disgusting how this is getting dragged on and on🤬

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Good news. The more brave souls that come forward the better... this should never be forgotten, allowed to happen again, nor swept under any carpet. Here's hoping they get some form of justice (or peace) out of this tragic episode.

“The court has made this a real, live litigation and Celtic have been given a clear sign they need to stop their obfuscation.

“There can be no hiding behind legal technicalities and trying to evade their responsibilities through delaying tactics.

“The decision has given more people the strength to come forward.

“That’s what we’ve heard from former boys club players in the last few days.”

To be fair ‘legal technicalities’ tend to just be ‘the law’.  

Hagar the Horrible

Now that names can be legally kept from trhe public more will come forward, the real number will never be known

11 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Now that names can be legally kept from trhe public more will come forward, the real number will never be known

In previous cases of this nature what sort of arrangements were made over payment schedule to the victims in a successful outcome? 

Pasquale for King

If it helps the people who suffered this abuse then it’s all good, these horrible *******s suffering a financial hit is a good side effect. 

47 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair ‘legal technicalities’ tend to just be ‘the law’.  

I’m no expert but the legal technicalities here are Celtic FC proving they had no link to the boys club. Whole case hinges on that one point.

TyphoonJambo
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

More people have come forward

proving they had no link to the boys club. Whole case hinges on that one point.

This picture seems to make that argument a weak one.

3 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

You’d think but they’re Point blank refusing to admit any link, in fact going out their way to prove otherwise.

Hagar the Horrible
16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

In previous cases of this nature what sort of arrangements were made over payment schedule to the victims in a successful outcome? 

Its a grey area the law only came into effect in 2020, before that each case was dealt individually, and after the first case bankrupedcy would have kicked in.  I think Celtic have ring fenced money, but David Goodwillie was ordered to pay £100k in compensation (not sure if that was even paid?)  but this was ritualistic and kids were trafficked and abused more than once.  even if thay all end up with circa £200k thats still £6m  Celtic still have £20m in the bank

Rogue Daddy
12 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

yep. ...and the fact that they "cannae find ra papurwurk"  - proving they were two entities. 🙄

davemclaren
21 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I’m no expert but the legal technicalities here are Celtic FC proving they had no link to the boys club. Whole case hinges on that one point.

And the courts will take a legal decision on that. 

Has Ally Brazil mentioned this case recently because I remember him talking about it previously and his connection to what went on. It really is soul damaging to think about

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

And the courts will take a legal decision on that. 

They’ll will indeed. At least it’s got this far.

davemclaren
35 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

They’ll will indeed. At least it’s got this far.

Yip, it’s right that the victims get their day in court. 

Celtic Boys Club might technically have been separate. But this is one of the bigger problems Celtic have with denying responsibility

Not just Celtic that are in denial. It's mostly a wall of silence from ex Celtic employees. But maybe see more of this too. 

On 09/03/2022 at 15:04, Sooks said:

Has Ally Brazil mentioned this case recently because I remember him talking about it previously and his connection to what went on. It really is soul damaging to think about

you might be thinking about Alan Brazil, Ally Brazil played for the Lochenders

No Idle Talk

I only have two comments on this topic.

1. What happened was atrocious and Celtic's attempts to distance themselves from it are both immoral and disgraceful. In the end they won't get away with it.

2. Supporters of other clubs who revel in this are behaving in a way that does not sit right with me. It seems to me that they aren't that bothered about the victims but are using the whole subject as a vindication for hating Celtic. This won't be true for everybody but I am sure in quite a few cases it is true.

I hope Celtic do get done for this and that the victims receive an amount of money that will help them to move on with their lives. No amount of money will ever erase the horror of what happened to them but it can help in some way. A formal apology from Celtic would also help. Not just Celtic, but all the other clubs in Britain who have had a part in this. Sadly it was a very widespread thing. Hopefully it is something that no longer happens but I have my doubts.

4 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

1. What happened was atrocious and Celtic's attempts to distance themselves from it are both immoral and disgraceful. In the end they won't get away with it.

2. Supporters of other clubs who revel in this are behaving in a way that does not sit right with me. It seems to me that they aren't that bothered about the victims but are using the whole subject as a vindication for hating Celtic. This won't be true for everybody but I am sure in quite a few cases it is true.

I hope Celtic do get done for this and that the victims receive an amount of money that will help them to move on with their lives. No amount of money will ever erase the horror of what happened to them but it can help in some way. A formal apology from Celtic would also help. Not just Celtic, but all the other clubs in Britain who have had a part in this. Sadly it was a very widespread thing. Hopefully it is something that no longer happens but I have my doubts.

:greatpost:

8 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Good post. Goes way beyond football. I’d want victims of abuse to get justice regardless of which individuals, companies or organisation were culpable. This is no different and just like other large organisations in similar circumstance, Celtic have behaved despicably in trying to weasel out of it. 

Edited by GinRummy

Rogue Daddy
9 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Very good post mate. Other clubs have acted 'appropriately' (not sure if that's the right word here)... and have at the very least 'owned' their part in these tragic episodes.

Celtic, unfortunately, are acting like Celtic. They are an absolute disgrace of an institution. The current incumbents of Celtic Park can't change a single thing in the past... they can, however, act with some humility and try to offer some level of comfort to these poor souls. Starting with an apology. But this is Celtic we're talking about. They would rather distance themselves, absolve themselves of all blame and drag the real victims through the courts reliving their horrible pasts... in many ways, Celtic today are every bit as bad as back then. THIS is why most are singling Celtic out. If Hearts were behaving this way I would be disgusted beyond belief!

Guest ToqueJambo

This is no doubt why they reigned in their spending and failed to take the opportunity to completely pull away from Rangers. They probably have a large pot of money in reserve for this and the victims' legal team will know it. As others have said this hasn't been confined to Celtic but Celtic have acted especially badly in not accepting any responsibility at all. I assume that has made things much worse for the victims, which is pretty despicable to be honest. Considering their whole brand image revolves around them being champions of the downtrodden, they're going to struggle to recover. Although as we saw with them not paying a living wage and having someone like John Reid as Chairman that image has always been a myth.

On 09/03/2022 at 12:13, Sooks said:

I'm no fan of Nippy but her hand was kinda forced into making a comment when Val McDermid took her understandable action by removing her sponsorship of Raith. 

The Celtic case is a live case and whatever Sturgeon may have been accused of before this action was launched she'd be ill-advised in the extreme to comment on it now.

8 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Very good post mate. Other clubs have acted 'appropriately' (not sure if that's the right word here)... and have at the very least 'owned' their part in these tragic episodes.

Celtic, unfortunately, are acting like Celtic. They are an absolute disgrace of an institution. The current incumbents of Celtic Park can't change a single thing in the past... they can, however, act with some humility and try to offer some level of comfort to these poor souls. Starting with an apology. But this is Celtic we're talking about. They would rather distance themselves, absolve themselves of all blame and drag the real victims through the courts reliving their horrible pasts... in many ways, Celtic today are every bit as bad as back then. THIS is why most are singling Celtic out. If Hearts were behaving this way I would be disgusted beyond belief!

100% nail on head. 

3 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

I'm no fan of Nippy but her hand was kinda forced into making a comment when Val McDermid took her understandable action by removing her sponsorship of Raith. 

The Celtic case is a live case and whatever Sturgeon may have been accused of before this action was launched she'd be ill-advised in the extreme to comment on it now.

Celtic abuse wasn't always in court. That is only very very recently. 

Leaving aside Sturgeon, the campaigners supporting the victims (some of whom were victims) have had several unpleasant exchanges online with SNP politicians who have all refused to make any comment regarding Celtic.

If it was 20 years ago maybe same would have happened with Labour politicians. 

Celtic have a lot of power. 

Edited by Mikey1874

7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Celtic abuse wasn't always in court. That is only very very recently. 

Leaving aside Sturgeon, the campaigners supporting the victims (some of whom were victims) have had several unpleasant exchanges online with SNP politicians who have all refused to make any comment regarding Celtic.

If it was 20 years ago maybe same would have happened with Labour politicians. 

Celtic have a lot of power. 

The victims have had several unpleasant exchanges with SNP politicians on line can I ask where and when this happened as I would like to see this for myself thanks in advance

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

The victims have had several unpleasant exchanges with SNP politicians on line can I ask where and when this happened as I would like to see this for myself thanks in advance

I'm guessing mikey is referring to Dornan, the SNP guy who promised to investigate on behalf of one of the leading survivors just before an election but immediately blocked the guy on twitter the day after the election. The Spotlight site has covered it. Various snp ministers right to the very top blocked the same guy (Gordon Wood?) some time back. 

1 minute ago, JDK2020 said:

I'm guessing mikey is referring to Dornan, the SNP guy who promised to investigate on behalf of one of the leading survivors just before an election but immediately blocked the guy on twitter the day after the election. The Spotlight site has covered it. Various snp ministers right to the very top blocked the same guy (Gordon Wood?) some time back. 

Thank you I will have a look

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/03/2022 at 18:04, Mikey1874 said:

Not just Celtic that are in denial. It's mostly a wall of silence from ex Celtic employees. But maybe see more of this too. 

Torbett was always with young boys at powderhall in the 80s and 90s everybody knew he was a kiddie fiddler even back then folk I knew were always told to stay well away from him

On 11/03/2022 at 02:21, No Idle Talk said:

Great post and I’m sure many agree. If this was Marks and Spencer’s historical sex abuse or KFC or just about any other organisation there wouldn’t be the slightest bit of interest and certainly not a thread in The Terrace. This is a completely non football matter and the thread should be moved to the Shed for starters. Nasty Point scoring and hoping Celtic FC get financially disadvantaged to our benefit. You have to wonder how low some people on here will stoop

8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Great post and I’m sure many agree. If this was Marks and Spencer’s historical sex abuse or KFC or just about any other organisation there wouldn’t be the slightest bit of interest and certainly not a thread in The Terrace. This is a completely non football matter and the thread should be moved to the Shed for starters. Nasty Point scoring and hoping Celtic FC get financially disadvantaged to our benefit. You have to wonder how low some people on here will stoop

Has that been happening on here though because I may have missed it but most people are generally not stooping to that level and it absolutely is a football story

John Findlay
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Can't decide if you are being serious or have your tongue firmly in your cheek with this post. I sincerely hope its the latter.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

But not as low as the perpetrators.

It's a football matter.  Should we just ignore it? (That BTW is a rhetorical question)

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Exactly how Celtic want it. And they've been fairly successful at that so far. 

niblick1874
On 01/03/2022 at 18:07, N Lincs Jambo said:

My sis-in-law is a now retired clinical psychologist who spent 33 working years dealing with these scum perverts. I’m not talking Celtic BC but just in general. She said many years ago that paedophilia is so much more widespread than people think. It’s everywhere. They used to tell her stories thinking they would shock her. She told me that they would be pretty upset when she said she’d heard that story so many times before. Sad world we live in 

I tried to send you a privet message, however, I was told you couldn't receive any. Your post is so very important. 

Cambo_Jambo
On 11/03/2022 at 02:21, No Idle Talk said:

Spot on.

No points to be scored here, just scores of lives ruined. 

N Lincs Jambo
19 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

I tried to send you a privet message, however, I was told you couldn't receive any. Your post is so very important. 

I have made some space in my inbox so please feel free to try again.

On 23/03/2022 at 08:57, JimmyCant said:

Reads like a Celtic PR release 😏

• 2 weeks later...
niblick1874
On 01/03/2022 at 18:07, N Lincs Jambo said:

My sis-in-law is a now retired clinical psychologist who spent 33 working years dealing with these scum perverts. I’m not talking Celtic BC but just in general. She said many years ago that paedophilia is so much more widespread than people think. It’s everywhere. They used to tell her stories thinking they would shock her. She told me that they would be pretty upset when she said she’d heard that story so many times before. Sad world we live in 

I waited for someone to see the above post for what it was. Did no one read the bit about what his Sis-in-law told them many years ago. When she told the poster they were everywhere, did everyone think that was made up by the poster? Doesn't anyone want to know what she meant by everywhere. I can tell everyone. She was spot on. 

Thank you for posting what you did N Lincs. You gave the key to the truth in your post. Your Sis-in-law told you the truth. They were, and are now, by design, everywhere. 

On 10/03/2022 at 00:48, Hagar the Horrible said:

Its a grey area the law only came into effect in 2020, before that each case was dealt individually, and after the first case bankrupedcy would have kicked in.  I think Celtic have ring fenced money, but David Goodwillie was ordered to pay £100k in compensation (not sure if that was even paid?)  but this was ritualistic and kids were trafficked and abused more than once.  even if thay all end up with circa £200k thats still £6m  Celtic still have £20m in the bank

That would sound ridiculously cheap but not unexpected considering the case will be held in a Scottish court. It cost Handy Andy more than £12m for a single victim. Personally I would like to see it cost them 10 times that amount and relegation to the foot of the pyramid.

If this was Hearts I would be worried sick, particulary as we would deserve everything that was thrown at us.  Financially it would finish us.

I wish this had never happened but it was clearly rife and they deserve everyting coming to them.

• davemclaren locked this topic