Celtic to be served court summons

Forever Hearts

For those complaining about picking on Celtic, it's about accountability and looking after the victims.

A major organisation, one of the biggest football clubs in the world totally denying any responsibility for what happened when they kept saying the Boys Club was a key part of the club's success isn't acceptable. (And by the way, the perpetrators were also Celtic employees).

And being people interested in football, they have put the target on their own back.

It would have been fairly simple to agree compensation with victims and then Celtic would get lasting credit and praise. 

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Sir PH

• buzzbomb1958

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

N Lincs Jambo
19 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

I waited for someone to see the above post for what it was. Did no one read the bit about what his Sis-in-law told them many years ago. When she told the poster they were everywhere, did everyone think that was made up by the poster? Doesn't anyone want to know what she meant by everywhere. I can tell everyone. She was spot on. 

Thank you for posting what you did N Lincs. You gave the key to the truth in your post. Your Sis-in-law told you the truth. They were, and are now, by design, everywhere. 

Sadly Niblick this is the case.

N Lincs Jambo
19 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

I waited for someone to see the above post for what it was. Did no one read the bit about what his Sis-in-law told them many years ago. When she told the poster they were everywhere, did everyone think that was made up by the poster? Doesn't anyone want to know what she meant by everywhere. I can tell everyone. She was spot on. 

Thank you for posting what you did N Lincs. You gave the key to the truth in your post. Your Sis-in-law told you the truth. They were, and are now, by design, everywhere. 

Sadly Niblick this is the case.

• 1 month later...
buzzbomb1958
On 09/03/2022 at 14:31, Pasquale for King said:

If it helps the people who suffered this abuse then it’s all good, these horrible *******s suffering a financial hit is a good side effect. 

They won’t really suffer a financial hit , I would imagine their public liability insurance would cover any payments but I may be wrong

buzzbomb1958
On 01/03/2022 at 11:14, John Findlay said:

Was always going to be the case.

Look how other clubs have behaved, then there is Celtic FC.

Desmond McDermott better check his bank account, because he is going to be writing and signing a cheque for millions of pounds.

They have public liability insurance for that I would imagine

CF11JamTart
30 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

But the bigger risk for them would be reputational impact and damage to the brand. 

No longer the club of the underdog who sticks up for the rights of the wee guy. 

The Tackle
46 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Does liability insurance cover sexual abuse of children?

Smoked-Glass
51 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Morally you couldn't get such a thing.

Then again, Celtic are the least moral club in the country if not the universe.

Its all about money to Celtic

They dont care a jot about the victims who's life's were ruined

Could have put there hand up, with  a public apology and settled out of court 

But nope lets deny its our fault and drag it through the Courts

I hope they get hammered for millions and maybe the victims get some kinda closure 

Leaving that club humiliated  and seen for what they are 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's a shame such a serious and sad thing is being used to score points. 

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's a shame such a serious and sad thing is being used to score points. 

In the comments on the Twitter link I assume because I have not noticed it in the comments on here today

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

In the comments on the Twitter link I assume because I have not noticed it in the comments on here today

Look at the tweet, the celtic badge, the format. 

Like a big fight advertised on sky or something. 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Look at the tweet, the celtic badge, the format. 

Like a big fight advertised on sky or something. 

Never mind I just read the replies any way ……………… I am glad I live in such a completely different world to many 

Yes the graphic on that original tweet is pretty special too though

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

They won’t really suffer a financial hit , I would imagine their public liability insurance would cover any payments but I may be wrong

Premium might go up a bit if they’re hit for millions. 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Never mind I just read the replies any way ……………… I am glad I live in such a completely different world to many 

Yes the graphic on that original tweet is pretty special too though

Yeah. 

Most normal  folk will be focused on some kind of closure for the victims, however many are also more interested in it getting it pinned on celtic so they can score points. 

Tend to stay out of this kind of topic as  child abuse is a subject I'm not really wanting to discuss. 

Will be interesting what happens tho and hopefully some kind of closure is reached by the victims of the horrible *******s who abuse children. 

10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yeah. 

Most normal  folk will be focused on some kind of closure for the victims, however many are also more interested in it getting it pinned on celtic so they can score points. 

Tend to stay out of this kind of topic as  child abuse is a subject I'm not really wanting to discuss. 

Will be interesting what happens tho and hopefully some kind of closure is reached by the victims of the horrible *******s who abuse children. 

Think most people just want justice Re of the team 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Yeah, not exactly sure if this would qualify, but certainly you cant insure a risk that is against public policy.

The main example of this is if a company has to pay a fine then it cant recover the amount of the fine through insurance. As this is a civil case rather than a criminal case, I suspect that it might not be seen as against public policy. Could also come down to the terms of policy, if the board knew this risk existed and did not disclose it to the insurer when their current policy became valid then they might deem it as not a valid claim.

29 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yeah. 

Good post 

Smoked-Glass
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah, not exactly sure if this would qualify, but certainly you cant insure a risk that is against public policy.

The main example of this is if a company has to pay a fine then it cant recover the amount of the fine through insurance. As this is a civil case rather than a criminal case, I suspect that it might not be seen as against public policy. Could also come down to the terms of policy, if the board knew this risk existed and did not disclose it to the insurer when their current policy became valid then they might deem it as not a valid claim.

Everyone knew the risks with that club.

These things seem to be most prolific at institutions where there is a culture of placing complete and unquestioning trust in people because of their position ……… priests celebrities politicians musicians presenters doctors coaches ……. It makes certain vocations attractive to your predatory types because they have a good chance of hiding in plain sight

5 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Maybe the insurers will question their total denial of responsibility. Wonder if that could invalidate any insurance. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

These things seem to be most prolific at institutions where there is a culture of placing complete and unquestioning trust in people because of their position ……… priests celebrities politicians musicians presenters doctors coaches ……. It makes certain vocations attractive to your predatory types because they have a good chance of hiding in plain sight

Yip. 

On 05/06/2022 at 16:36, The Tackle said:

In short, no, unless there is an "abuse" extension to the cover and that would have needed to have been taken out and in force at the time of the alleged abuse.  

I'd say it's pretty unlikely that they have any insurance protection.

On 05/06/2022 at 17:30, Smoked-Glass said:

You can.

buzzbomb1958
1 hour ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

In short, no, unless there is an "abuse" extension to the cover and that would have needed to have been taken out and in force at the time of the alleged abuse.  

I'd say it's pretty unlikely that they have any insurance protection.

I would say as any business would have a duty of care to anyone using or being part of the infrastructure including players of all ages and employees belonging to that business there will be some sort of insurance covering all eventualities, maybe won’t be worded as sexual abuse as such but may come under employees misbehaviour (I am not making light of the suffering these guys endured btw) or a duty of care by the club themselves. Being a multi million pound business they will have it covered some way or another IMO

• 3 months later...
Riga Party Bus

I used to until recently follow a guy on Twitter who has been dismantling Celtics claims the boys club was separate and nothing to do with them. He's been posting numerous articles from The Celtic View at the time and these guys were at the very heart of the club and Celtic even welcomed people back who'd been convicted. Whether or not the victims win , there is going to be massive reputational damage.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Case has been adjourned until December 19th.

God who would want that hanging over them at Christmas . Not a very happy holidays for the victims

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

God who would want that hanging over them at Christmas . Not a very happy holidays for the victims

The case is making progress and getting closer to a resolution hopefully. 

Yet again Celtic asked for case to be dismissed and that was refused. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

The case is making progress and getting closer to a resolution hopefully. 

Yet again Celtic asked for case to be dismissed and that was refused. 

Thanks did not know all the details I just think that would be a horrible time of year for the victims to have the coals raked over

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Thanks did not know all the details I just think that would be a horrible time of year for the victims to have the coals raked over

It hinges on the relationship between the Boys Club and the Football club. Celtic say they were definitely separate though they say they have lost the documents that they say prove that. 

The case against Celtic is what Celtic said at the time from the 60s to the 90s which was that the Boys Club was integral to Celtic. And things like all the relevant Boys Club coaches were also employees of Celtic. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It hinges on the relationship between the Boys Club and the Football club. Celtic say they were definitely separate though they say they have lost the documents that they say prove that. 

The case against Celtic is what Celtic said at the time from the 60s to the 90s which was that the Boys Club was integral to Celtic. And things like all the relevant Boys Club coaches were also employees of Celtic. 

Yes I did follow that much of the case and it leaves a bad taste that they are not taking responsibility

My comment was more about the victims having to think about things like that over Christmas 

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Seems strange to have documents that prove they were separate, Surely if they were separate there would be no reason for such documents to exist.

Everybody with half a brain knows the boy club was part of Celtic Football Club PLC or more commonly known as pacific sheif. I truly hope the club is hammered financially to the point that they perish. Horrible institution.

Edited by leeumboyce

A decent club would admit guilt apologise and compensate victims several clubs down south have done this but with this club what else would you expect.      

On 05/06/2022 at 21:33, Mikey1874 said:

Maybe the insurers will question their total denial of responsibility. Wonder if that could invalidate any insurance. 

you cant insure against  the consequences of a criminal act

11 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

you cant insure against  the consequences of a criminal act

This is a civil claim.

Celtic are playing a stalling game here.

Behind the scenes they will be offering the victims what many would consider derisory offers to settle, but Celtic won't consider them derisory, and insisting on NDAs too, but the victims lawyers will be telling them not to accept anything out of court.

The last thing celtic and their lawyers want is the truth coming out in court and being liable for millions and millions in compensation. They are not willing to pay fair compensation privately.

Disgusting behaviour from them, full stop.

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

This is a civil claim.

Celtic are playing a stalling game here.

Behind the scenes they will be offering the victims what many would consider derisory offers to settle, but Celtic won't consider them derisory, and insisting on NDAs too, but the victims lawyers will be telling them not to accept anything out of court.

The last thing celtic and their lawyers want is the truth coming out in court and being liable for millions and millions in compensation. They are not willing to pay fair compensation privately.

Disgusting behaviour from them, full stop.

Celtic are mounting the same defence the catholic church did in USA  the financial liability  and actions of individual diocise  had nothing to do with the Vaticans fortunes 

Just now, Colonel Kurtz said:

Celtic are mounting the same defence the catholic church did in USA  the financial liability  and actions of individual diocise  had nothing to do with the Vaticans fortunes 

Yup, that was disgusting behaviour too.

Just a reminder that the real criminals are the perpetrators. 

However being complicit in both cover up and ignoring complaints is as bad if not in some ways worse.

Celtuc .FC

They were victims of paedophilia  which sought refuge in a space which allowed them to prey.

But they knew they allowed it to happen then shamefully take no responsibility. 

No point scoring only justice.

Vile club

As a reminder Glasgow Rangers did not have anything near the scale of the problem at Celtic. But their position is they are not responsible because from 2012 they are a new club. 

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

As a reminder Glasgow Rangers did not have anything near the scale of the problem at Celtic. But their position is they are not responsible because from 2012 they are a new club. 

Both clubs the same shite flies fly round.

3 hours ago, leeumboyce said:

Everybody with half a brain knows the boy club was part of Celtic Football Club PLC or more commonly known as pacific sheif. I truly hope the club is hammered financially to the point that they perish. Horrible institution.

Aye, but if you had the other half of your brain, you'd have an inclination as to how company law works ...

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Aye, but if you had the other half of your brain, you'd have an inclination as to how company law works ...

Though if one body controls the other what is that

18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Though if one body controls the other what is that

Even if they overcome the company law hurdle they still have the test for vicarious liability to overcome. 

• davemclaren locked this topic