Celtic to be served court summons

Forever Hearts

21 hours ago, XB52 said:

And that says so much about you. You don't give a toss about child abuse, you just want to have a go at these nasty catholics

And you just desperately want to have a go at "these nasty loyalists", no matter if you have any idea about anything you're talking about or not. 

You are a bigger bigot than anyone that you are trying to accuse of being one.

How on earth can people like you exist in the modern world? 

Edited by tian447

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Sir PH

• buzzbomb1958

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Media coverage can sometimes be counterproductive to trials as the reporting can be seen to cause prejudice in the minds of those involved . I just assumed that was what was at play here . The comments from a few posters above about the inquiry request does seem a bit weird to not have included sports in with the rest . It appears that the reason they are giving is more to do with the victims staying with parents or guardians and not under the protection of an organisation or care home . I assumed that many of these incidents would have taken place while the kids were away with the team , so thought that might have brought it under the remit of the broader child abuse investigation 

The main reason campaigners want an inquiry is that while there is a big list of abusers, it's believed the abuse was much worse and involved more people. Its still been a very ad hoc situation with a few convictions and a patchy campaign by a few people. While the case has built with the lawyers coordinating evidence (an example being reading every Celtic View magazine where the Boys Club was presented as part of the club) most victims haven't come forward. Apart from a few victims eg Alan Brazil no Celtic employee has spoken about it.

54 minutes ago, Black Swan said:

Alex Thompson from C4 was on the case for a while but somehow seemed to back off.

The UK media seems to revel in all sorts of sex scandals, but have been very reticent to dig into Celtic

The UK media don't ever let go of a story either.

I think its pretty common knowledge that the media will hold onto a story until the time comes when it suits their agenda to bombard us with it.

There's a bundle of unsavoury Shit that eminates from Celtic Park and its vile support thats been going on for decades.

It does make you wonder what the media are afraid of.

16 hours ago, CMc said:

We’re gonna need a bigger boat, boys. 

16 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

No plaice for that in this thread.

15 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Correct, it's just a load of codswallop

Oh no I didn't mean to start this. 😁

manaliveits105
13 hours ago, Sir PH said:

You need to go and do your homework on this. The man responsible for the SFA inquiry/whitewash was a former business partner of one of Scotland’s worst ever paedophiles and the former Secretary of Celtic East Boys Club. Martin Henry lead the inquiry and his business partner was Neil Strachan. 

The Scottish media will be all over this 

rest assured 

56 minutes ago, tian447 said:

And you just desperately want to have a go at "these nasty loyalists", no matter if you have any idea about anything you're talking about or not. 

:spoton:

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Well said!

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

:spoton: 

gorgierulesapply88

They've always claimed to be a separate entity. ScotGov are not interested in the 'case/cases' for me this goes beyond football there should be more punishment than court cases against the club. They should be expelled from the SPFL & SFA.

Disgusting abhorrent football club, and any adult who allows their child to follow/support them needs mentally assessed.

gorgierulesapply88
1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

The UK media don't ever let go of a story either.

I think its pretty common knowledge that the media will hold onto a story until the time comes when it suits their agenda to bombard us with it.

There's a bundle of unsavoury Shit that eminates from Celtic Park and its vile support thats been going on for decades.

It does make you wonder what the media are afraid of.

They are attacking 1 man for an apparent case 20 years ago( and other alleged ones too), because he spoke out against the elites....

15 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

They are attacking 1 man for an apparent case 20 years ago( and other alleged ones too), because he spoke out against the elites....

No they aren't FFS.

What deep insight does that man have?

gorgierulesapply88
11 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

No they aren't FFS.

What deep insight does that man have?

Oh I can assure you it's a media witch hunt... That is clear for all to see.

But they won't do it with ra sellick.

5 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Oh I can assure you it's a media witch hunt... That is clear for all to see.

But they won't do it with ra sellick.

I'm not entirely sure what they're meant to do with Celtic now. Everyone knows the story.

Do you really think this person doesn't deserve what he's getting ?

1 hour ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Who is the one man you are referring to

gorgierulesapply88
1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I'm not entirely sure what they're meant to do with Celtic now. Everyone knows the story.

Do you really think this person doesn't deserve what he's getting ?

There must be something, they are bringing the Scottish game into disrepute by admitting guilt?

Na I don't as he's a weirdo anyway but it's expected.

4 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Russell Brand I think. 

Jesus Christ ……………… honestly do not know where to begin with this guy . He coaches kids and has some ****ing seriously dangerous views 

gorgierulesapply88
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Jesus Christ ……………… honestly do not know where to begin with this guy . He coaches kids and has some ****ing seriously dangerous views 

Alleged to have committed, nobody dare speak out against the elites or they will be cancelled.

4 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Alleged to have committed, nobody dare speak out against the elites or they will be cancelled.

who are the elites in this scenario of yours 

Ex member of the SaS
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

who are the elites in this scenario of yours 

Not into this conspiracy thingy but there are lots in the media claiming it's a witch hunt due to Brand's attacks on President Biden and big pharma due to this coronora virus jab. Brand has lots to say ( and it's not good for these folk.) Whether that is enough to cover what he is allegedly charged with is up for debate. They are dragging up stuff that was acceptable back then and putting today's values on them.

8 hours ago, tian447 said:

It's called being a decent human being. Not a brain dead bigot

Cameronstheman
10 hours ago, tian447 said:

Guys a screamer mate 

I'm a catholic and offended by his comments, hes a joke 

gorgierulesapply88
4 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Guys a screamer mate 

I'm a catholic and offended by his comments, hes a joke 

Not a fan of religion. People believe what they believe. I don't believe in anything. 

Hope you don't cry before bed tonight tho because someone said a hurty word on the Internet.

Cameronstheman
2 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Not a fan of religion. People believe what they believe. I don't believe in anything. 

Hope you don't cry before bed tonight tho because someone said a hurty word on the Internet.

LOL am no really .. Gorgie Loyal at Heart , hope that helps me sleep later and no hurty me  

gorgierulesapply88
4 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

LOL am no really .. Gorgie Loyal at Heart , hope that helps me sleep later and no hurty me  

Ffs. 

Anyway back on topic. The US case of this could literally be worth alot more than the profit they've made.

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

It's called being a decent human being. Not a brain dead bigot

Cool. Maybe you should try it out too. 

Cameronstheman
3 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Ffs. 

Anyway back on topic. The US case of this could literally be worth alot more than the profit they've made.

I aint either  bud lol

7 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Do you not believe in HH / 88 then mate

Ricardo Quaresma
On 21/09/2023 at 06:59, XB52 said:

That was me and I admit I went over the top. However it is obvious certain posters are revelling in attacking celtic for reasons far removed from support for abused children. Hopefully the victims can still have their day in court and the guilty parties get their just desserts. 

Absolutely, but it seems that the 'gameplan' is that the victims in this never see any sort of justice or they would have had that already

The torture given to these people who suffered, by way of lack of closure, which in their case will consist of merely moving on to the next stage in processing what happened, which may mean nothing as it's already long past the stage where it's irreprably damaged them, is the worst part of this

Never ending torture, absolutely inexcusable to the extreme

Brutally sad if this doesn't just end

Ricardo Quaresma
22 hours ago, Deevers said:

They are totally backed into a corner with all of this and that’s why after years of being in denial that they are now offering cash settlement. These of course will come with non disclosure agreements.  They are screwed and they know it. I hope that the majority of the complainers opt for their day in court and that their solicitors don’t pressure them to accept a pay off.  The Scottish Media won’t be able to hide if there is a court case. They will have to report it.

If that's true and I hope it is, then it is an admission and maybe the victims can move on, but for many it's too late, I'm sure, in one way or another

As for NDAs, I can't see that being accepted, as most of the victims will demand acknowledgement and maybe will want to publish certain facts, so maybe this will be too big a problem, they may want, quite rightly, as you mention, a public statement

My concern there, is that people we may know from celtic may have been complicit and will be put in a very awkward position

30 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good to know it was not just ignored by the media . Good on her, Ferguson and Beaton for ploughing on 

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Good to know it was not just ignored by the media . Good on her, Ferguson and Beaton for ploughing on 

Shows how long this has been going. The only real action has been by the Police and the courts helped by some of the media.

Since 1996 no one at Celtic has said anything about it (we just know they deny responsibility) and they have benefited by the omerta from all employees past and present.

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I disagree with the not going to court part. 

Settlement let's Celtic of the hook a great deal to me.

They should be exposed in court.

Very difficult for the abused I know, but celtic deserve to be fully exposed and held to account by a court of law.

16 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I disagree with the not going to court part. 

Settlement let's Celtic of the hook a great deal to me.

They should be exposed in court.

Very difficult for the abused I know, but celtic deserve to be fully exposed and held to account by a court of law.

Certainly seems as though some of the survivors at least are wanting their day in court rather than a settlement 

35 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Certainly seems as though some of the survivors at least are wanting their day in court rather than a settlement 

I certainly hope they do.

Any settlement out of court and Celtic will be insisting on NDAs.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I certainly hope they do.

Any settlement out of court and Celtic will be insisting on NDAs.

Was doing a bit of Googling on the story this morning and read some Celtic blogger with a long Irish name and his take on it . Quite an appalling take on it . Talks about it purely from a financial viewpoint and how it will be insured and not impact their success on the field and goes on about Rangers a lot ………….. then right at the end he says his thoughts are with the victims . Er really ? Did not read that way to me 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
47 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’d imagine there’s probably no price celtic won’t pay to bury this. It’s a familiar routine - 1) pretend the issue doesn’t exist 2) deny all responsibility 3) say you’ll fight your case in court 4) pay everyone off so it doesn’t go to court 5) accept no liability and tell everyone that you’ve only done this for the good of either yourself or the victims.

Example A - that ***** Gareth Thomas 

5 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’d imagine there’s probably no price celtic won’t pay to bury this. It’s a familiar routine - 1) pretend the issue doesn’t exist 2) deny all responsibility 3) say you’ll fight your case in court 4) pay everyone off so it doesn’t go to court 5) accept no liability and tell everyone that you’ve only done this for the good of either yourself or the victims.

Example A - that ***** Gareth Thomas 

This.....The chickens are coming home to roost!........no global conglomerate is going to associate themselves with a business that has something like this hanging over its head.
Celtic are a major brand, whether we like it or not.....They more than likely deal on a wide international market with some major overseas tie in's. Their board of directors have links to other external companies at senior level.
How do you think Adidas, and their other key sponsorships will react if this isn't quickly cleared up and Celtic wholly exonerated?

Celtic PLC are in a wee bit of bother here me thinks!

Edited by Hashimoto

I'm pretty sure any settlement(s) will have NDA attached, and no admission of guilt/liability. What the victims will do I don't know, but they are the ones that deserve and need help. Analysis of previous cases indicate c £1.0m per claim. How you reach a number for the horror of this is beyond me, to be honest.

21 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I'm pretty sure any settlement(s) will have NDA attached, and no admission of guilt/liability. What the victims will do I don't know, but they are the ones that deserve and need help. Analysis of previous cases indicate c £1.0m per claim. How you reach a number for the horror of this is beyond me, to be honest.

Is that not a contradiction? Why are they paying out to victims but not accepting liability/responsibility?

8 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Is that not a contradiction? Why are they paying out to victims but not accepting liability/responsibility?

"We're sorry it happened. Celtic Boys Club were separate but there were close links. We weren't liable but we want to help the victims"

(Fergus McCann and Davie Hay won't be saying anything)

17 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

It is.

Cant see it happening, it will only take one of the victim's to take it to court anyway and from what ive read a few seem very eager to do so.

Celtic will want a private settlement of course. They've shown zero moral fibre to suggest anything different.

A settlement for all and anonymity for those that choose it and a full inquiry into what was brushed under the carpet and by whom should be the case going forward.

Edited by Bull's-eye

1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

It is.

Cant see it happening, it will only take one of the victim's to take it to court anyway and from what ive read a few seem very eager to do so.

Celtic will want a private settlement of course. They've shown zero moral fibre to suggest anything different.

A settlement for all and anonymity for those that choose it and a full inquiry into what was brushed under the carpet and by whom should be the case going forward.

The issue for the victims is the cost. I imagine this might be a no-win no-fee case but the financial dynamics change when you go from 20 to, say, 5.  

53 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The issue for the victims is the cost. I imagine this might be a no-win no-fee case but the financiss ask  dynamics change when you stop from 20 to, say, 5.  

There must already be lawyers on the case.

I'm pretty sure if you went to the correct lawyer with the "desired leanings" shall we say, you could find one that will pay you to take the case on 😉

Seriously though, id imagine its much better to remain quiet and see how things pan out with regards Celtic eventually having to admit some form of liability.

They should have done the decent thing years ago and taken their medicine imo. Hopefully their heal dragging costs them multi-millions and finally gives some closure to the unfortunate young lads who just wanted to play football.

3 hours ago, Sir PH said:

No, it's fairly normal in settling cases. It's exactly what Prince Andrew did. 

Think the news reported the action as being an American style lawsuit against the perpetrators, by that I’m assuming it will be about getting huge payouts for the victims?

• davemclaren locked this topic