Celtic to be served court summons

Forever Hearts

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Presumably the victims lawyers will balance the likelihood of winning and getting more in court against any settlement offer. 

Hopefully that is the case, still feels wrong a bit of cash could give them the ‘nowt to do with us’ line.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Sir PH

• buzzbomb1958

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ex member of the SaS

Don't know if it's been mentioned but Celtic won't be paying a penny. It's all down to their insurers. Disgusting that every policy holder will be footing their bill.

New Town Loafer
21 minutes ago, kevin_hmfc said:

Celtic park is probably just the tip of the peadodomb

My thoughts, too. This is likely linked to a much wider-reaching scandal.

Agree with others too that point scoring over this is stupid and it could easily have been an employee of Hearts . Would not totally rule it out yet either . The only important thing here is that the survivors get compensated and Celtic face up to their responsibilities 

11 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned but Celtic won't be paying a penny. It's all down to their insurers. Disgusting that every policy holder will be footing their bill.

So Celtic are admitting liability? 

You can get insurance for lots of things, but I'm not sure a policy would have been in place all those years ago to compensate for child sexual abuse. 

Even now 'Directors and Officers liability insurance' doesn't cover the organisation, just those individuals named in the policy, and for certain offences.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Agree with others too that point scoring over this is stupid and it could easily have been an employee of Hearts . Would not totally rule it out yet either . The only important thing here is that the survivors get compensated and Celtic face up to their responsibilities 

Surely that would have came out by now?

Just now, AndyNic said:

Maybe , but you never know do you . Point is the crimes are not synonymous with a single football club through an association of culture . This could have happened at any club and beyond football

Where Celtic are disgusting here is by wriggling and slithering to try and get out of taking responsibility  

2 hours ago, TallPaul said:

The lack of coverage this entire revolting, shameful story is given by the Scottish press is staggering.

Absolutely.  This is the biggest scandal,not just in Scottish football,but in Scottish society...

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Anyone who scores points over child abuse is a lowlife - almost as if you don't really think the crime is that serious.

I know it's not up to the scale of abuse at Celtic, but we employed Graham Rix so not much of a moral highground there. Rangers and Hibs have had abusers involved at their clubs too. Then there is Rangers' beloved royal family who do it at the expense to the public purse.

3 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Anyone who scores points over child abuse is a lowlife - almost as if you don't really think the crime is that serious.

I know it's not up to the scale of abuse at Celtic, but we employed Graham Rix so not much of a moral highground there. Rangers and Hibs have had abusers involved at their clubs too. Then there is Rangers' beloved royal family who do it at the expense to the public purse.

Maybe need to explain your definition of scoring points.

Not being up Celtic's arse perhaps. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Maybe need to explain your definition of scoring points.

Not being up Celtic's arse perhaps. 

Worth remembering that the victims were also 'Cetlic minded' young people. People who taunt other fans with songs about child abuse are lowlife scum.

4 hours ago, XB52 said:

Not one person on here gives a **** about victims. They just want to prove they are more loyalist than the others. Sad doesn't cover it

I think you’re being a bit silly. Historic child abuse is big news worldwide. There have been countless documentaries and an oscar winning film about cover ups within various organisations. 

1 hour ago, SUTOL said:

So Celtic are admitting liability? 

You can get insurance for lots of things, but I'm not sure a policy would have been in place all those years ago to compensate for child sexual abuse. 

Even now 'Directors and Officers liability insurance' doesn't cover the organisation, just those individuals named in the policy, and for certain offences.

They are not admitting anything they have decided to dodge court and pay the money , but not a penny will be paid by them their insurance will pay from their company liability insurance which covers accidental death and has morality clauses included in case of multiple cases or class actions, anybody thinking this will cost Celtic is wrong, also now Sevco , Hibs and Dundee Utd will be looking on with interest because they are next up

1 minute ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Amazed how this doesn't get the same national media coverage as Russell brand or hew Edwards 😳

Incredible eh? 

Probably cos the news didn't want to look like they were point scoring or something...

henrysmithsgloves
4 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Incredible eh? 

Probably cos the news didn't want to look like they were point scoring or something...

🤔🤔🤔🤔

Cameronstheman
4 hours ago, XB52 said:

Not one person on here gives a **** about victims. They just want to prove they are more loyalist than the others. Sad doesn't cover it

Gutless comment and pathetic ..Jesus wept

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

On what basis would insurance pay out if you’re accepting no liability?

Companies do it all the time to stop going to court and keep costs down which the insurance companies would agree to take the smaller hit, Once the victims or even someone who was injured in an accident accepts the payment they will also have to sign an NDA which means nothing is talked about and the payment is final no more action can be taken

12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

On what basis would insurance pay out if you’re accepting no liability?

Insurance companies regularly settle out of court.  If the claim against the company is accepted as an insured risk the insurer will look to minimise their loss. No idea if insurers are involved in this. 

Cameronstheman

I bet those vile scumbags at CP will offer the bare minimum, lets face it, the club like no other had to be shamed into offering the living wage

1 hour ago, Gundermann said:

Worth remembering that the victims were also 'Cetlic minded' young people. People who taunt other fans with songs about child abuse are lowlife scum.

Totally agree with your last sentence, but the points you raise in your previous post are very much whatabootery in a poor attempt at deflection from the topic of the thread 

17 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Totally agree with your last sentence, but the points you raise in your previous post are very much whatabootery in a poor attempt at deflection from the topic of the thread 

But entirely pertinent. People in glass houses etc...

21 minutes ago, Black Swan said:

It's unlikely that insurance will cover this

Of course it will it’s much the same as employers liability insurance the lawyers will have covered everything from accidental death to the roof falling down . In big companies there will also be a morality clause in case of sexual assault by anyone working or employed casually by the company 

Edited by buzzbomb1958

3 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Are you sure?  There are statutory restrictions placed on insurers related to illegal act claims and payments.

Ricardo Quaresma
3 hours ago, Sooks said:

I don't think so mate, fact is it wasn't also

1 hour ago, Gundermann said:

That's just a ridiculous comparison and your acknowledgement isn't enough, did you even think before you hit submit?

Romanov appointed rix, I'm not going to compare what he did to this case, it's irrelevant

Ridiculous post

Celtic Football Club deserve to be castigated for how they have reacted to this . That is separate from making out that these sort of crimes are somehow synonymous with the club or that it is ingrained in their culture 

10 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Are you sure?  There are statutory restrictions placed on insurers related to illegal act claims and payments.

Chances are they do not have insurance protection for this.  Its not impossible, but I'd guess not.

They would need to have had "abuse" cover, either specifically written in to their public liability cover or silent in the policy (I.e. not mentioned, but not excluded) and probably not a "claims made" basis.

Sorry, bit of jargon in there.

Edited by Black Swan

1 minute ago, Black Swan said:

Chances are theyndo not have insurance protection for this.  Its not impossible, but I'd guess not.

They would need to have had "abuse" cover, either specifically written in to their public liability cover or silent in the policy (I.e. not mentioned, but not excluded) and probably not a "claims made" basis.

Sorry, bit of jargon in there.

Possibly why they are trying to settle? Offer peanuts, no admission of liability. Hope they get told to ram it.

8 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

That's just a ridiculous comparison and your acknowledgement isn't enough, did you even think before you hit submit?

Romanov appointed rix, I'm not going to compare what he did to this case, it's irrelevant

Ridiculous post

The point I am making is , these disgusting and evil people target organisations where they can groom kids because they are placed in a position of power and trust . It could have happened at any football club

Just now, Boris said:

Possibly why they are trying to settle? Offer peanuts, no admission of liability. Hope they get told to ram it.

It's interesting timing, especially as they have just announced huge profits.

It's hard not to be suspicious of their change of approach. Perhaps they have discoverd  evidence themselves that indicates guilt? 

The general overall tendency was not to report perpetrators to the Police. We know it happened at Hibs where abuser was sacked and got job at Rangers.

But Celtic was a whole different degree.

40 years it went on. 

20230919_200933.jpg

20230919_200945.jpg

17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The general overall tendency was not to report perpetrators to the Police. We know it happened at Hibs where abuser was sacked and got job at Rangers.

But Celtic was a whole different degree.

40 years it went on. 

20230919_200933.jpg

20230919_200945.jpg

Institutionalised noncery. 

Hope the victims press them for every penny. Will never heal those scars but i hope it brings them some sort of happiness. 

coatbridgejambo
2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Institutionalised noncery. 

Hope the victims press them for every penny. Will never heal those scars but i hope it brings them some sort of happiness. 

In a nutshell 

18 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Are they following the Andrew route?

Settle even though they aren't guilty and it will all go away. 

Seems like that is the plan , and they should be treated with total contempt for it . The crimes may be historic but their behaviour now is deplorable 

4 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

You don't get insurance for child abuse. Of course it will cost Celtic money, the same as it's cost every other club money that's held their hands up and admitted liability. Celtic have already paid out a huge sum of money to a victim who took them to court. 

4 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Possibly. But it doesn’t rule out the possibility, does it?

The point is, despite attempts by some at weaponising this issue, this isn’t something peculiar to “Celtic”.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

You do know there's been NINE coaches associated with Celtic found guilty of child abuse? 

1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Ridiculous post

Sure, Rix isn't the same scale. Truth is, we knowingly employed a nonce. Not the finest moment in our history. My point is, abuse like this is rife.

3 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Sure, Rix isn't the same scale. Truth is, we knowingly employed a nonce. Not the finest moment in our history. My point is, abuse like this is rife.

Not arguing morality here but Rix was tried and served his sentence 

9 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

You do know there's been NINE coaches associated with Celtic found guilty of child abuse? 

I did not actually know that . I assume though that they obviously had an issue which made them easy prey ? Surely people are not suggesting that the club encouraged this sort of thing as just part of being at Celtic ? That is a bit far fetched if you ask me 

16 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Just a reminder that most were employed by Celtic Football Club as well as the Boys Club. Separate clearly.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I did not actually know that . I assume though that they obviously had an issue which made them easy prey ? Surely people are not suggesting that the club encouraged this sort of thing as just part of being at Celtic ? That is a bit far fetched if you ask me 

20230919_200933.jpg

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

20230919_200933.jpg

Genuinely horrific . So many young lives potentially ruined and then there is the families . They obviously found a way to operate there that was easier than other clubs . Just makes me feel so sad to think about what those kids went through 

• davemclaren locked this topic