Celtic to be served court summons

Forever Hearts

20 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Any other private company, (which Celtic is), would be destroyed by these findings.

Aye but you can't twist folk's disgust about it happening en masse at Pizza Hut for example into some weird religious/political grandstanding.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Sir PH

• buzzbomb1958

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The question to answer (and there are plenty people still alive who could answer it such as Jack McGinn, Fergus McCann, Davie Hay) is why did Celtic re-employ abusers it had identified. 

I totally sympathise with organisations facing this. The abusers are very clever at hiding their tracks. But once you discover it the minimum is to report to the Police, update your procedures and keep the abusers as far away as possible. But the abusers were welcomed back and even promoted at Celtic. 

I agree with this . Any one who covered it up , turned a blind eye or enabled it is as guilty of child abuse as the physical perpetrators as far as I am concerned and they should be treated as such 

47 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

You're the one on and on about loyalists and all the other pish. 

More concerned with defending the image of Celtic than the abuse victims so don't give me your pish. I don't care what religion they were. 

You need watching ya creep. 

😀😀😀😀

3 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Weaponising the trauma of child abuse by implying it’s a “Celtic” and/or “Catholic” problem isn’t a good look.

No it's an all things.

However predominantly in Boston, Ireland and Scotland it has mostly been institutions with very close ties to the Catholic Church or the Catholic Church itself. Even( and you can't deny this) the Pope and the Vatican have turned a blind eye to the abuse and have been complicit in the covering up of the abuse.

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

And that says so much about you. You don't give a toss about child abuse, you just want to have a go at these nasty catholics

I’m not sure anyone has mentioned nasty catholics and has focused on the Catholic Church as an institution which allowed sexual abuse of children to continue through inaction. 

You are also trolling and using laughing face emojis on a subject as serious as this. Are you that politically driven or stupid? 

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

You just have to look at the high profile cases to see the pattern . Look at the organisations it has happened in and look at what they have in common . They are organised and they work as a network . They look for organisations where there are weaknesses in the trust and supervision policies and where they can position themselves as trusted and above reproach - Priests , Scout Leaders , Teachers , Coaches …….. One of them gets in to a position of trust and then they communicate the opportunities to their mates in the ring . I suspect Celtic probably gave these men too much authority and not enough supervision and they exploited that 

They re-employed Jim Torbett AFTER they sacked him for sexually abusing children. And continued to give his Trophy Centre company contracts worth hundreds of thousands. Celtic knew kids were being abused and they enabled it. It was nothing to do with not enough supervision. They KNEW

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/BOYS+CLUB+PERVERT+DUMPED+BY+CELTIC%3B+Club+axes+contract+with+Torbett...-a094570226

Edited by Sir PH

Say the UK population is around 65 million and just 1% are paedos, that gives us around 650,000 thousand of the ****ers living amongst us, working among us, probably unknown.

I reckon there are far more than 1% though, maybe between 5 and 10%. Now they number in the millions. 

As has been mentioned, they identify the places where they can hide in society and identify where they can target youngsters. 

They are clever and secretive and while Celtic deserve all the criticism in the world for the woeful lack of care, and for re employing some of them, it could also be any employer, anywhere who employs them. 

For what it's worth, when I played football for my local team down south aged 14, the manager was eventually sent down for sexually abusing and raping a young player within the club. He had also drilled holes in the changing rooms.

This was a guy who had been in my parents house and took me to be registered as a player. He was a nice enough guy as well.

They are ****ing everywhere. 

I think what bothers me about this (over and above the obvious) is the underhandedness of Celtic in trying to string the process out and generally just make it ****ing painful. Now they're trying to avoid giving the victims their day in court. Its slimy. 

Its the marketing themselves as some sort of special unique and caring club, when in reality something utterly despicable has happened and rather than hold their hands up and admit they dropped the ball and badly let down these boys and their families, they've instead tried the "separate legal entity" bollocks. 

I think fans of all colours could have had a begrudging respect for Celtic if they behaved in a transparent and accountable way, throughout this and actively took a positive role in the process - i.e admitting fault, apologising profusely and essentially opening the books for an independent investigation. Instead they've went about this in the most underhanded and corporate sneaky way imaginable. Almost wonder if they were hoping more victims would have passed away before they'd finally have to pay out settlement money. Its just vile. 

The current spin seems to be that its just an insurance thing so its not actually Celtic admitting fault. I mean Jesus wept. WTF. Prince Andrew vibes. 

49 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I’m not sure anyone has mentioned nasty catholics and has focused on the Catholic Church as an institution which allowed sexual abuse of children to continue through inaction. 

You are also trolling and using laughing face emojis on a subject as serious as this. Are you that politically driven or stupid? 

What the hell has politics got to do with it? We are talking about child abuse. 

16 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think what bothers me about this (over and above the obvious) is the underhandedness of Celtic in trying to string the process out and generally just make it ****ing painful. Now they're trying to avoid giving the victims their day in court. Its slimy. 

Its the marketing themselves as some sort of special unique and caring club, when in reality something utterly despicable has happened and rather than hold their hands up and admit they dropped the ball and badly let down these boys and their families, they've instead tried the "separate legal entity" bollocks. 

I think fans of all colours could have had a begrudging respect for Celtic if they behaved in a transparent and accountable way, throughout this and actively took a positive role in the process - i.e admitting fault, apologising profusely and essentially opening the books for an independent investigation. Instead they've went about this in the most underhanded and corporate sneaky way imaginable. Almost wonder if they were hoping more victims would have passed away before they'd finally have to pay out settlement money. Its just vile. 

The current spin seems to be that its just an insurance thing so its not actually Celtic admitting fault. I mean Jesus wept. WTF. Prince Andrew vibes. 

That's actually a very good post. The fact that celtic have tried everything to distance themselves from the abuse sickens me. Other clubs have had abusers and they have owned up to their failings. Celtic have been a disgrace

24 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think what bothers me about this (over and above the obvious) is the underhandedness of Celtic in trying to string the process out and generally just make it ****ing painful. Now they're trying to avoid giving the victims their day in court. Its slimy

Me too

20 minutes ago, XB52 said:

That's actually a very good post. The fact that celtic have tried everything to distance themselves from the abuse sickens me. Other clubs have had abusers and they have owned up to their failings. Celtic have been a disgrace

That is exactly what myself and others have been saying to you since the start though . It is two separate things for me . Everyone still alive who was involved needs locked up , including enablers and those who turned a blind eye . The second separate point is Celtic are a disgusting entity for how they have dealt with this in modern times 

Edited by Sooks

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

No it's an all things.

However predominantly in Boston, Ireland and Scotland it has mostly been institutions with very close ties to the Catholic Church or the Catholic Church itself. Even( and you can't deny this) the Pope and the Vatican have turned a blind eye to the abuse and have been complicit in the covering up of the abuse.

I wouldn’t attempt to disagree with what you’ve said.

My point is that such abuse isn’t exclusive to the Catholic Church or associated bodies. 

23 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

My point is that such abuse isn’t exclusive to the Catholic Church or associated bodies. 

What saying that sort of thing does though is to excuse and defend the people being discussed. 

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

What saying that sort of thing does though is to excuse and defend the people being discussed. 

Not when every single person on this thread is in complete agreement on these people not being excused and prosecuted it does not . All any one is trying to say is it is dangerous to pretend that certain individual organisations are ingrained with it as part of their being . Parents need to be very careful and cautious about any organisation which can end up with u supervised access to their kids . Adopting an attitude that it is fine because it is not Celtic , RC Church , Scouts or the BBC is a daft thing to encourage as a thought process . Instead it is better to analyse how these rings operate and how they get away with it for so long

I am all for a thread or the side topic on this one of how ****ing deplorable CFC are for the way they have handled their responsibility for these crimes though . Sickening and they should be treated as scum and pariahs until they do the right thing 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I am all for a thread or the side topic on this one of how ****ing deplorable CFC are for the way they have handled their responsibility for these crimes though . Sickening and they should be treated as scum and pariahs until they do the right thing 

Why would it have to be a side topic? This one is explicitly about sexual abuse at Celtic. 

If folk want to get all Leeds United about folk criticising Celtic's handling of the entire situation then they'd be best bowing out of it and ****ing off back to Kerrydale Street. 

Just now, BlueRiver said:

Why would it have to be a side topic? This one is explicitly about sexual abuse at Celtic. 

If folk want to get all Leeds United about folk criticising Celtic's handling of the entire situation then they'd be best bowing out of it and ****ing off back to Kerrydale Street. 

Because as I am failing through clumsily trying to point out , people are merging the two points .

First point is the paedophiles historically operating a ring at Celtic . This is the heinous and sick behaviour of a paedophile ring who found a fertile ground for their depraved proclivities. Lock them up and everyone who allowed it to continue 

Second point is how modern day Celtic are trying to get out of their responsibility by lying about the existential definition of their boys club and the main club . They are putting the victims through pure hell by wriggling out of their responsibility to the victims and they should be castigated and pilloried for this

The danger for me , is that people let their distaste and dislike for CFC get in the way of logic and critical thinking . This is not because Celtic as an institution are one big paedophile ring from top to bottom . They are an organisation who did not look after the children in their care by failing to vet and then afterwards report and stop the paedophile activity . This is an important distinction for me , because it starts to become more about a hatred for Celtic than it does about justice for the victims . People start to one up over the football rivalry rather than concentrating on justice for the victims . The lines become blurred 

If we just *******ise this down to football rivalry and say Celtic are paedos as an institution , we do not give enough focus on preventing these rings cropping up elsewhere , and we also do the victims an injustice by taking our eye of what is really important 

26 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

My point is that modern day Celtic should be ****ing roasted for how they are dealing with this , and the folk giving it the CFC are paedos stuff just cheapens that and gives them the out of claiming people are more concerned about sectarianism than the safety of children or justice 

If you treat it as two different things - the paedophile ring and how the CFC employees of the day acted in a criminal manner . And then also go after the current set up at the club for their behaviour in trying to wriggle out of it , you keep things pointed at the two things that need dealt with 

As I said I am making a mess of articulating this , but I just want people to see the importance of putting the known victims and the safety of future victims first and keeping it separate from piling on to the current incumbent at the club and their disgusting actions in trying to dodge responsibility   

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Because as I am failing through clumsily trying to point out , people are merging the two points .

First point is the paedophiles historically operating a ring at Celtic . This is the heinous and sick behaviour of a paedophile ring who found a fertile ground for their depraved proclivities. Lock them up and everyone who allowed it to continue 

Second point is how modern day Celtic are trying to get out of their responsibility by lying about the existential definition of their boys club and the main club . They are putting the victims through pure hell by wriggling out of their responsibility to the victims and they should be castigated and pilloried for this

The danger for me , is that people let their distaste and dislike for CFC get in the way of logic and critical thinking . This is not because Celtic as an institution are one big paedophile ring from top to bottom . They are an organisation who did not look after the children in their care by failing to vet and then afterwards report and stop the paedophile activity . This is an important distinction for me , because it starts to become more about a hatred for Celtic than it does about justice for the victims . People start to one up over the football rivalry rather than concentrating on justice for the victims . The lines become blurred 

If we just *******ise this down to football rivalry and say Celtic are paedos as an institution , we do not give enough focus on preventing these rings cropping up elsewhere , and we also do the victims an injustice by taking our eye of what is really important 

Yeah, I don't pretend to be coming at this from a legal stand point, I imagine the argument that it WAS a separate entity does hold water on a technical basis. But for average joe, the boys club functioned as an unofficial arm of the club. By failing to immediately shut it down (i.e before the paedophilia stuff), they've given it tacit approval. Boys joined Celtic boys club because it was implied that there was a connection to Celtic football club. Elsewise, why call it Celtic Boys Club? I think its for reasons like this, clubs/companies are so protective of their branding and name. 

I think their attempt to protect their clubs image has had entirely the opposite effect. They've came off as callous and uncaring about the experiences of these boys and their families. I think there was an opportunity to do the right thing by all and as I've said above, take the lead in victim support, open the books for an independent investigation and offer compensation to all impacted. I think had that happened, Celtics reputation actually wouldn't have taken a hit. They'd have been seen to be taking responsibility and doing the right thing, probably could have controlled the narrative as well, to emphasise that the boys club wasn't an extension of the club, however, they are accepting responsibility on the basis that they shouldn't ever have allowed the boys club to operate without actually being an official arm of the club. 

Instead, they've made victims go through hell in fighting for any compensation or to even be taken seriously. Which I think has only added to their trauma. Its horrific. Celtic aren't a club that hurt for money, and I hope that as a result of their actions the end cost of this is huge. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Yeah, I don't pretend to be coming at this from a legal stand point, I imagine the argument that it WAS a separate entity does hold water on a technical basis. But for average joe, the boys club functioned as an unofficial arm of the club. By failing to immediately shut it down (i.e before the paedophilia stuff), they've given it tacit approval. Boys joined Celtic boys club because it was implied that there was a connection to Celtic football club. Elsewise, why call it Celtic Boys Club? I think its for reasons like this, clubs/companies are so protective of their branding and name. 

I think their attempt to protect their clubs image has had entirely the opposite effect. They've came off as callous and uncaring about the experiences of these boys and their families. I think there was an opportunity to do the right thing by all and as I've said above, take the lead in victim support, open the books for an independent investigation and offer compensation to all impacted. I think had that happened, Celtics reputation actually wouldn't have taken a hit. They'd have been seen to be taking responsibility and doing the right thing, probably could have controlled the narrative as well, to emphasise that the boys club wasn't an extension of the club, however, they are accepting responsibility on the basis that they shouldn't ever have allowed the boys club to operate without actually being an official arm of the club. 

Instead, they've made victims go through hell in fighting for any compensation or to even be taken seriously. Which I think has only added to their trauma. Its horrific. Celtic aren't a club that hurt for money, and I hope that as a result of their actions the end cost of this is huge. 

I am not for a solitary millisecond saying they were separate entities because I 100 per cent believe the boys club was a part of the main club . That is what modern day Celtic need to be ripped apart for . It is disgusting that they are putting the victims through this in the name of trying to protect their name

Separate from this , the paedophiles who were operating a ring there back then need brought to justice . As do the people who allowed it to happen and continue 

By blurring these two things together it cheapens the ordeal of the victims in my opinion . The number one priority should be justice for the victims and survivors and the prosecution of those who committed and enabled the crimes . Second priority should be making sure Celtic FC are exposed and dragged through the mud for trying to stand in the way of justice for the survivors and victims 

1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

THe response from The Vatican globally has been disgusting

Their respnse in Ireland was to try and briibe the government which the Irish people didnt buy

In Boston they tried the CEltic defence stating the individual diosces were responsible and nothing to do with the Vatican

Celtic have been absolutely reprehensible in their respones  Man City behaved with honour

Cameronstheman
11 hours ago, Sooks said:

Do you mean me ? I certainly have no love for them 

Naw, what you see is what you get with you 

I just got a bit pissed with  some on here having a pop at Hearts on this thread, like jumping in quick style

This thread is about a vile club, not GR or who ever and its silly to even compare them 

Some banger was calling Hearts fans Loyalist for having the temerity to say it as it is about that shower, i mean WTF 

3 hours ago, OTT said:

Spot on. Despicable behaviour and whilst it’s not surprising, the absence of the national press saying a similar thing to your post is a disgrace too. 

10 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Naw, what you see is what you get with you 

I just got a bit pissed with  some on here having a pop at Hearts on this thread, like jumping in quick style

This thread is about a vile club, not GR or who ever and its silly to even compare them 

Some banger was calling Hearts fans Loyalist for having the temerity to say it as it is about that shower, i mean WTF 

No worries mate . It could not be further from the truth either , I dislike that club to levels that many on here probably do not come close too 

The Mercer Takeover

One of my followers on "X" is a former victim. He has posted his story previously and it is nothing short of horrifying, even with different people in charge of the club.

With Celtic "seemingly" now trying to settle this out of court, he stated today that it is not about the money. He wants his day in court and everyone appropriately tried.

Scottish media have been complicit with this, and the SNP gov has avoided any enquiry, clearly as not to alienate core support. This while whole cover-up is abhorrent.

14 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

the SNP gov has avoided any enquiry, clearly as not to alienate core support. This while whole cover-up is abhorrent.

An inquiry in to what ? What should they be doing during the ongoing trial ? The core support comment is no better than the guy idiotically claiming that those wanting to see justice are only posting because they are unionists 

Oh well it seems to have gone the predictable way now . I will swerve it for a while but enjoyed the bit where it was a good discussion focussed on justice for the victims and Celtics deplorable behaviour with trying to buy them off

We totally needed an SNP and Sturgeon / Yousef thread instead though

Edited by Sooks

Thunder and Lightning
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh well it seems to have gone the predictable way now . I will swerve it for a while but enjoyed the bit where it was a good discussion focussed on justice for the victims and Celtics deplorable behaviour with trying to buy them off

How will the thread cope without you personally replying to each post? 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

We totally needed an SNP and Sturgeon thread instead though

I found your posts informative and true to the subject, and the point you were making was not a lost cause, thanks 👍

Just now, Thunder and Lightning said:

How will the thread cope without you personally replying to each post? 

I am sure it will be fine . Night 

3 hours ago, poultry said:

All any decent human wants for these victims is justice. That's all that matters really. 

Best post on this entire thread 

2 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

THe response from The Vatican globally has been disgusting

Their respnse in Ireland was to try and briibe the government which the Irish people didnt buy

In Boston they tried the CEltic defence stating the individual diosces were responsible and nothing to do with the Vatican

Celtic have been absolutely reprehensible in their respones  Man City behaved with honour

Did you read what I said?

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

This guy just been mentioned. Maybe you should complain to him.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

An inquiry in to what ? What should they be doing during the ongoing trial ? The core support comment is no better than the guy idiotically claiming that those wanting to see justice are only posting because they are unionists 

Not sure the benefit of an inquiry. 

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

You need to go and do your homework on this. The man responsible for the SFA inquiry/whitewash was a former business partner of one of Scotland’s worst ever paedophiles and the former Secretary of Celtic East Boys Club. Martin Henry lead the inquiry and his business partner was Neil Strachan. 

15 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

Aye but you can't twist folk's disgust about it happening en masse at Pizza Hut for example into some weird religious/political grandstanding.

Pizza hut aren't so connected to a cult like Catholicism, and all the weirdos attracted to it.

11 hours ago, Sooks said:

That was me and I admit I went over the top. However it is obvious certain posters are revelling in attacking celtic for reasons far removed from support for abused children. Hopefully the victims can still have their day in court and the guilty parties get their just desserts. 

AlphonseCapone
15 hours ago, poultry said:

All any decent human wants for these victims is justice. That's all that matters really. 

Absolutely. Some of this thread is ****ing embarrassing. 

All about money.

Celtics lawyers doing their best for their client while handing in a hefty invoice every month. Someone at Celtic should have stepped up and done the right thing morally a long time ago to ease the pain of the victims in all of this. That didn't happen, they don't want to pony up the compensation without a fight. 

Looks like they've finally decided to concede defeat, don't think it's anything more complicated than that and it won't change anyone's opinion of Celtic Football Club. That die was cast many years ago when these story's emerged. 

Celtic made it public that they were contacting HMRC for proof that the coaches weren't direct employees of Celtic FC at the time of the abuse. Apparently the answer they got from HMRC wasn't what they expected. 

1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

All about money.

Celtics lawyers doing their best for their client while handing in a hefty invoice every month. Someone at Celtic should have stepped up and done the right thing morally a long time ago to ease the pain of the victims in all of this. That didn't happen, they don't want to pony up the compensation without a fight. 

Looks like they've finally decided to concede defeat, don't think it's anything more complicated than that and it won't change anyone's opinion of Celtic Football Club. That die was cast many years ago when these story's emerged. 

Sadly they some how manage to create a false image of themselves that is lapped up by a great many . Outside of the UK people see them in an inaccurate romanticised light . It is usually just those of us who have experienced the filthy scumbag fans or their enabled cheating that see them for what they are 

30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Sadly they some how manage to create a false image of themselves that is lapped up by a great many . Outside of the UK people see them in an inaccurate romanticised light . It is usually just those of us who have experienced the filthy scumbag fans or their enabled cheating that see them for what they are 

Their PR machine and the lack of a serious media/journalist in Scotland do an unbelievable job tbf.

The fear in Scotland to pull them up for anything on the park and off it is truly remarkable.

16 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Their PR machine and the lack of a serious media/journalist in Scotland do an unbelievable job tbf.

The fear in Scotland to pull them up for anything on the park and off it is truly remarkable.

They are totally backed into a corner with all of this and that’s why after years of being in denial that they are now offering cash settlement. These of course will come with non disclosure agreements.  They are screwed and they know it. I hope that the majority of the complainers opt for their day in court and that their solicitors don’t pressure them to accept a pay off.  The Scottish Media won’t be able to hide if there is a court case. They will have to report it.

20 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Alex Thompson from C4 was on the case for a while but somehow seemed to back off.

The UK media seems to revel in all sorts of sex scandals, but have been very reticent to dig into Celtic

7 minutes ago, Black Swan said:

Alex Thompson from C4 was on the case for a while but somehow seemed to back off.

The UK media seems to revel in all sorts of sex scandals, but have been very reticent to dig into Celtic

Media coverage can sometimes be counterproductive to trials as the reporting can be seen to cause prejudice in the minds of those involved . I just assumed that was what was at play here . The comments from a few posters above about the inquiry request does seem a bit weird to not have included sports in with the rest . It appears that the reason they are giving is more to do with the victims staying with parents or guardians and not under the protection of an organisation or care home . I assumed that many of these incidents would have taken place while the kids were away with the team , so thought that might have brought it under the remit of the broader child abuse investigation 

• davemclaren locked this topic