Celtic to be served court summons

Forever Hearts

1 minute ago, JDK2020 said:

"faux outrage"?

Yeah, let's just pretend it's an outrage.

Right you are mate.

The Celtic train of thought is that you're not allowed to discuss it, and if you do, you are merely point scoring. It's that attitude of "sweep sweep, don't mention it" that got Celtic into this mess in the first place. 

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Sir PH

• buzzbomb1958

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JDK2020
21 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

The Celtic train of thought is that you're not allowed to discuss it, and if you do, you are merely point scoring. It's that attitude of "sweep sweep, don't mention it" that got Celtic into this mess in the first place. 

👍

I know someone who was a victim of CSA, albeit not with Celtic, and it's a disgrace how the footballing authorities in this country have treated the whole issue.

Imagine if everybody had likewise just clammed up about Savile in case it upset anybody. Maybe the other guilty ones at the BBC would have escaped exposure. 

Just now, JDK2020 said:

👍

I know someone who was a victim of CSA, albeit not with Celtic, and it's a disgrace how the footballing authorities in this country have treated the whole issue.

Imagine if everybody had likewise just clammed up about Savile in case it upset anybody. Maybe the other guilty ones at the BBC would have escaped exposure. 

This didn't help. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/news/scottish-news/celtic-boys-club-nicola-sturgeon-26386814.amp

JDK2020
2 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

I can't stand her but she's hardly the first and probably wont be the last to duck away from this shameful episode. The victims have been ignored time after time. Hopefully this year brings them some form of closure. 

PortyBeach
4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I believe you are wrong here. The last thing Celtic have done in this, is take responsibility.

It can certainly be argued that Celtic could and should have addressed this much earlier. There’s not much argument about that.

My point is that, however belatedly, Celtic have now taken action. From the BBC:

Celtic is seeking to settle legal claims of historical abuse at Celtic Boys Club.

Lawyers acting for more than 20 former players have been told the club intends to enter settlement negotiations.

In recent years several former coaches and officials at the club have been convicted of sexual offences against teenage players spanning decades.

Celtic said it "has always taken allegations regarding abuse at Celtic Boys Club extremely seriously". 

John Findlay
9 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

It can certainly be argued that Celtic could and should have addressed this much earlier. There’s not much argument about that.

My point is that, however belatedly, Celtic have now taken action. From the BBC:

Celtic is seeking to settle legal claims of historical abuse at Celtic Boys Club.

Lawyers acting for more than 20 former players have been told the club intends to enter settlement negotiations.

In recent years several former coaches and officials at the club have been convicted of sexual offences against teenage players spanning decades.

Celtic said it "has always taken allegations regarding abuse at Celtic Boys Club extremely seriously". 

That statement IMHO says absolutely nada about taking responsibility.

PortyBeach
4 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

"faux outrage"?

Yeah, let's just pretend it's an outrage.

Right you are mate.

There’s no pretence. I do think the whole sorry saga is an outrage, all right.

My comment toward you was based on my impression that you were perhaps jumping on the weaponising-of-child-abuse bandwagon being driven by our resident Ibrox apologist…

buzzbomb1958
15 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

My comment toward you was based on my impression that you were perhaps jumping on the weaponising-of-child-abuse bandwagon being driven by our resident Ibrox apologist…

This

30 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

And you've came across as nothing more than a Celtic apologist. Same as the one that agreed with your post.

6 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Taking responsibility would have meant holding their hands up at the start of all this, admitting they were at fault and saving young men/boys years of mental and physical pain. They did none of those, and are now trying to worm their way out of it by paying compensation to keep it out of court, alongside NDA's. That might be your idea of taking responsibility, but it's certainly not mine.

Edit to add, some of the abused have committed suicide or turned to drink and drugs to cope with what they went through. But well done Celtic, on taking responsibility. 

Spot on btw - If Celtic had immediately conceded and taken a proactive role in settling this issue as the "club of the people" that they so desperately try and convince us they are, then they could have saved a lot of these poor folk the trauma and hell of the process to reach this conclusion. 

Seemed like everyone knew they'd have to pay out and they just slowed everything down as much as they could. 

Weirdly by trying to protect themselves rather than immediately admit fault I think they've done more damage to their reputation. Had they done the decent and correct thing here, I think they could have came out of this in a very good light. A club that takes responsibility etc. 

JDK2020
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

And you've came across as nothing more than a Celtic apologist. Same as the one that agreed with your post.

This

buzzbomb1958
1 hour ago, JDK2020 said:

This

Oh there’s the other one , why don’t the two of you hold hands going to the game next Wednesday night your tickets are still valid , you could also share a brolly have a nice evening the pair of you

6 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Oh there’s the other one , why don’t the two of you hold hands going to the game next Wednesday night your tickets are still valid , you could also share a brolly have a nice evening the pair of you

Cringing for you with that post. 

JDK2020
6 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

🤩

alicante jambo
13 hours ago, OTT said:

Spot on btw - If Celtic had immediately conceded and taken a proactive role in settling this issue as the "club of the people" that they so desperately try and convince us they are, then they could have saved a lot of these poor folk the trauma and hell of the process to reach this conclusion. 

Seemed like everyone knew they'd have to pay out and they just slowed everything down as much as they could. 

Weirdly by trying to protect themselves rather than immediately admit fault I think they've done more damage to their reputation. Had they done the decent and correct thing here, I think they could have came out of this in a very good light. A club that takes responsibility etc. 

Good post btw. There is still loads of victims out there and as ph says folk have commited suicide, hit the drink or drugs, depression and more. They admit it away back at the start it would certainly have helped the abused but not they scummy barstewards no not them nowt to do with them they said. Now its out there what a vile club they are it lets everyone know what they are like. If the insurance company doesnt pay out due to celtic negligence i hope it comes out their coffers and a hell of a lot of it. They deserve to be hammered for this.

PortyBeach
On 11/04/2024 at 16:11, Sir PH said:

Good to see you’re acknowledging your role as TRFC cheerleader. 

The sad truth is that this sorry situation is manna from Heaven to you and your fellow-travellers as it allows you to pursue your anti-Celtic agenda. 

Better than that, you get to do so under the guise of concern for the victims of these crimes. You’re using the suffering of these people as a weapon in pursuit of your agenda. But it’s all a bit too transparent, sadly.

I suppose those of us who don’t share your agenda are just less caring than you? As well as “Celtic apologists”, of course. 

Naturally, you’re aware of the financial gulf between Celtic and your team and your previous posts demonstrate you’re salivating at the prospect of that gulf being reduced via Celtic having to pay substantial compensation out of their own coffers due to (as you hope) their insurers refusing to pay up. 
Oh, well. You’ll just have to wait and see…

14 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

The sad truth is that this sorry situation is manna from Heaven to you and your fellow-travellers as it allows you to pursue your anti-Celtic agenda. 

Better than that, you get to do so under the guise of concern for the victims of these crimes. You’re using the suffering of these people as a weapon in pursuit of your agenda. But it’s all a bit too transparent, sadly.

I suppose those of us who don’t share your agenda are just less caring than you? As well as “Celtic apologists”, of course. 

Naturally, you’re aware of the financial gulf between Celtic and your team and your previous posts demonstrate you’re salivating at the prospect of that gulf being reduced via Celtic having to pay substantial compensation out of their own coffers due to (as you hope) their insurers refusing to pay up. 

That's the spirit, get the thread derailed from the subject matter. 

PS. Please try and come up with something original. You're exceptionally one dimensional and a chronic bore. 

Edited by Sir PH

buzzbomb1958
2 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

They live in hope it’s just like the hobos comfort blanket being 7-0 from over 50 yrs ago their comfort blanket ids just what you said , they will be apoplectic when their comfort blanket is ripped away

36 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

They live in hope it’s just like the hobos comfort blanket being 7-0 from over 50 yrs ago their comfort blanket ids just what you said , they will be apoplectic when their comfort blanket is ripped away

Nice words on such a horrific subject, where literally dozens/hundreds of lives were ruined. Well done.👏

Thunder and Lightning
On 11/04/2024 at 15:28, PortyBeach said:

If Celtic are seeking to settle out of court it is for entirely selfish reasons. Not least they don't want the evidence discussed and if it goes to court it could cost them a **** ton off money. 

That are not looking out for the victims. 

Edited by Thunder and Lightning

buzzbomb1958
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

Nice words on such a horrific subject, where literally dozens/hundreds of lives were ruined. Well done.👏

Shut up are you not on your way to Dingwall yet?

Cameronstheman

Celtic have only ever had self interest from the off. Most people agree that the club should publicly apoligise and pay comp .Cant change what evil had happened but could maybe help in some small way

Not that shower, remind me of the Catholic Church, they couldn't care a jot about victims.. Scum and shame on the club 

Though i dare say the GB will have a few banners pointing out  the clubs appalling ways at that the next home game !!

47 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Shut up are you not on your way to Dingwall yet?

Remove yourself from the thread if you have nothing worth saying. This thread is about Celtic and their disgraceful actions regarding child abuse at their club. If you want to slaver crap about your favourite subject, Rangers, do it somewhere else. 

Last few pages of this thread have been full of people wanting to point score about child abuse , and not actually giving a **** about the victims imo 

buzzbomb1958
10 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Remove yourself from the thread if you have nothing worth saying. This thread is about Celtic and their disgraceful actions regarding child abuse at their club. If you want to slaver crap about your favourite subject, Rangers, do it somewhere else. 

You remove yourself from this whole forum and go back to Bearsden with your mate you are only on here to wind up people , you have done it on every thread that comes up just go away 

Hmfc1965
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Last few pages of this thread have been full of people wanting to point score about child abuse , and not actually giving a **** about the victims imo 

Quite how Rangers found themselves as a key subject on this thread is bewildering.

3 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

You remove yourself from this whole forum and go back to Bearsden with your mate you are only on here to wind up people , you have done it on every thread that comes up just go away 

The thread is about Celtic. Go and obsess over Rangers somewhere else. 

1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Quite how Rangers found themselves as a key subject on this thread is bewildering.

Agreed . Bizarre stuff

• davemclaren locked this topic