Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Sir PH

• buzzbomb1958

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Old Tolbooth

I hope Judge Lord Ericht has toughened glass for windaes! 

The vile institution that is Celtic FC, will deal with this in their usual cowardly way, I genuinely hope it bankrupts them, Rangers are also in the financial shit, imagine if the two of them hit the buffers at the same time :scenes:

Anyway, back to Celtic... 

Sweep It Under The Rug Bart Simpson GIF - Sweep It Under The Rug Bart  Simpson Lisa Simpson - Discover & Share GIFs

How sad that this was covered up for so long. Hope the victims win the case and at least get some sort of a sense of justice.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

How sad that this was covered up for so long. Hope the victims win the case and at least get some sort of a sense of justice.

Statistically there'll be a good number of abuse victims reading this thread too, so I also hope the subject's treated with the respect it deserves and doesn't get cheapened by football point scoring.

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

This.

God speed to them.

The Old Tolbooth

I don't understand why Celtic can claim their boys club was a separate entity, when any decent footballers from the boys club would go on to play for Celtic, they play in the exact same strips as Celtic, and the whole reason they joined that boys club was to play first team football for Celtic, it seems a desperate argument to me. 

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I don't understand why Celtic can claim their boys club was a separate entity, when any decent footballers from the boys club would go on to play for Celtic, they play in the exact same strips as Celtic, and the whole reason they joined that boys club was to play first team football for Celtic, it seems a desperate argument to me. 

Check out 'Spotlight' on Twitter. Their evidence blows the separate entity defence clean out of the water. 

The Old Tolbooth
6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Check out 'Spotlight' on Twitter. Their evidence blows the separate entity defence clean out of the water. 

Cheers for that mate 

Any self respecting club would hold its hands up, acknowledge the mistakes that where made and attempt to make some sort of peace with the abused.

Meanwhile at Celtic Park. . . . . .

2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Any self respecting club would hold its hands up, acknowledge the mistakes that where made and attempt to make some sort of peace with the abused.

Meanwhile at Celtic Park. . . . . .

Isn't that what some of the English clubs have done. Apologized and paid compensation to the victims. That is exactly what I would expect every club/institution should do if it happened there. I would expect the same thing if it has/had happened at hearts 

Francis Albert
29 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Statistically there'll be a good number of abuse victims reading this thread too, so I also hope the subject's treated with the respect it deserves and doesn't get cheapened by football point scoring.

Good post. I suspect most organisations where young children or young adults are supervised by older men and even women has historic abuse skeletons rattling in its cupboards. And denial and cover up has been a common response by those organisations. 

Edited by Francis Albert

Absolutely despicable.... I hope those brave souls that have come forward get some comfort in the form of justice, for themselves and those that are no longer with us (not forgetting the victims that just want to forget). Sickening.

...and any institution that hides behind 'technicalities' to try and absolve themselves from blame, should have the book thrown at them - even if it means them going 'under'. This should NEVER be forgotten, let alone swept under any carpet.

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Good post. I suspect most organisations where young children or young adults are supervised by older men and even women has historic abuse skeletons rattling in its cupboards. 

👍 

And quite apart from anything else, we don't want to make our club look a **** in the wake of this

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

36 minutes ago, Smithee said:

All that needs to be said. 

4 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Absolutely despicable.... I hope those brave souls that have come forward get some comfort in the form of justice, for themselves and those that are no longer with us (not forgetting the victims that just want to forget). Sickening.

...and any institution that hides behind 'technicalities' to try and absolve themselves from blame, should have the book thrown at them - even if it means them going 'under'. This should NEVER be forgotten, let alone swept under any carpet.

The thing is I imagine that the victims are only after the club or clubs to admit it/take responsibility and apologize for it. Any compensation is secondary

Just now, milky_26 said:

The thing is I imagine that the victims are only after the club or clubs to admit it/take responsibility and apologize for it. Any compensation is secondary

Sadly yes, your probably right.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Tbh, I don't think so. 

If they take responsibility, claims will follow ( as they should). 

Unfortunately, Celtic will be far more worried about this and it will be why they'll defend it as to reduce any liability and therefore compensation. 

I hope the victims in all this get some peace of mind and soul after all this, I heartedly applaud their courage and fortitude.

Far too many people who are more interested in Celtic suffering than justice for the victims unfortunately.  Maybe get some more songs about paedophiles out of it though.

The people who were abused have been through a horrific ordeal.  I hope they are given every support they deserve.  

3 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Far too many people who are more interested in Celtic suffering than justice for the victims unfortunately.  Maybe get some more songs about paedophiles out of it though.

The people who were abused have been through a horrific ordeal.  I hope they are given every support they deserve.  

Celtic have had plenty opportunities to provide justice.

But their position up to now is they have no responsibility. 

If you think that's okay fair enough. 

It would be unfair to tar them all the same as I assume most are disgusted with this but at the end of the day it very much WAS a Celtic ‘thing’. The picture that this club and it’s fans like to portray to the world really is mythical.  This whole “we are a charity club fighting for the downtrodden and we always punch up” is just nonsense.  They are an absolutely despicable football club.

Jambo in Bathgate
1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Because they employed child abusers and did nothing about it. It’s very bad publicity to be associated with that. I think English clubs have admitted problem and set aside money to pay victims. 

5 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Your first sentence could equally be applied to those that follow Celtic. It makes a mockery of other political messaging we already have to endure from a seriously deranged fan base.

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Celtic have had plenty opportunities to provide justice.

But their position up to now is they have no responsibility. 

If you think that's okay fair enough. 

Good that you're too stupid to read properly and therefore interpret my point as a defence of Celtic.

If Celtic go bankrupt paying compensation I couldn't care less.  But I'm not interested in how it impacts them as a football club.

Hagar the Horrible
2 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Good that you're too stupid to read properly and therefore interpret my point as a defence of Celtic.

If Celtic go bankrupt paying compensation I couldn't care less.  But I'm not interested in how it impacts them as a football club.

Celtic wont go bankrupt over this, they have an estimated £20m ring fenced for worst case.  Yet they still want to fight it and add to the misery of a awfully lot of people.

Just now, Hagar the Horrible said:

Celtic wont go bankrupt over this, they have an estimated £20m ring fenced for worst case.  Yet they still want to fight it and add to the misery of a awfully lot of people.

Celtic as an organisation have acted horrendously in dealing with this.

As I said, all that matters is justice for the victims

Jambo in Bathgate

There have been many football clubs embroiled in this scandal. Most have put victims first. Unfortunately Celtic have denied everything. It would have been better had they come out and apologised. However, as a club they play the victim card again. Football, whether they go bust or not shouldn’t be considered here. Only justice for the victims of the abuse. 

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

It may be a moot point, but I assume that Celtic FC's lawyers will put the case forward that there is no direct commercial link between the BC and the FC.   Despite the FC using the "independent" BC as a stepping stone for youth players in an era when Academies did not exist - Tommy Burns would be a good example. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Somehow Celtic are making themselves out to be the victims in this. 

They are vile.

What are they suggesting? Surely not, thats depths below sub human

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I hope this gets more attention than Yorkshire CCC. As wrong as that scandal is, surely this is a greater miscarriage of justice to date

Hagar the Horrible

It’s a poor defence, it makes no difference that on paper they were a separate entity.  They are known by the players, parents, fans, and the club they are a symbiont  entity in everybodies eyes.

The scale is massive, there are scored of survivors.  It not just done by Torbett and Cairney et al on their own.  It’s the volume of people who closed their eyes, they must have noticed changes in personalities.  It’s horrific that the culture was it was just the ‘done’ thing, the club came first.  Just like the massive cover ups in the Catholic church, it’s the same people with the same MO.

They always say the cover up is worse than the crime, not in this case, the cover up was to allow the crimes to be continued, and they did.  Savilles crimes were not committed on his own, it was facilitated, CFC and CBC facilitated this.  It was just a case of put up, shut up and don’t embarrass the club, because its Celtic/church are the only actual victim in this!  Well that’s the way it get pressed.  It takes years to see beyond the lies, and every individual will think it was just them, and won’t want the “shame” for their families.

The bravery of the survivors cannot be put into words properly, neither came the abhorrent behaviour of the club, who still think they can use their institution to just arrogantly brush it off or you will be punished either by god or club.  My hearts goes out for all of them and the scores of those who just are not ready to come forward.

Putting football rivalries and deep rooted hatred aside,  I don’t pity the survivors, I am angry that the lack of responsibility is still the current custodians mantra.  They are going to force them to give evidence and relive their nightmare.

Justice is required; ownership in this case being enforced upon them is required. Compensation will bring some closure, which is required.  Afterwards a full public enquiry is critically a necessity  not a requirement.

Finally a TV drama on this will tell the story of the survivors, and forever their bravery will be remembered and the clubs shame will be cast in stone. 

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Well said.

2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I hope Judge Lord Ericht has toughened glass for windaes! 

The vile institution that is Celtic FC, will deal with this in their usual cowardly way, I genuinely hope it bankrupts them, Rangers are also in the financial shit, imagine if the two of them hit the buffers at the same time :scenes:

Anyway, back to Celtic... 

Sweep It Under The Rug Bart Simpson GIF - Sweep It Under The Rug Bart  Simpson Lisa Simpson - Discover & Share GIFs

Actually had a Celtic supporting work colleague go in the huff with me cos I referred to them as a vile institution. Suited me as he was a ****ing pain in the arse anyway. 🤣🤣

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

It would be unfair to tar them all the same as I assume most are disgusted with this but at the end of the day it very much WAS a Celtic ‘thing’. The picture that this club and it’s fans like to portray to the world really is mythical.  This whole “we are a charity club fighting for the downtrodden and we always punch up” is just nonsense.  They are an absolutely despicable football club.

It wasn’t just Celtic tho.  I also don’t think it’s a Celtic problem historically.  It could have been any boys club that hired that group of reprobates.  Their is no doubting they have tried to get out of their responsibilities to the victims though. 

6 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

It’s a poor defence, it makes no difference that on paper they were a separate entity.  They are known by the players, parents, fans, and the club they are a symbiont  entity in everybodies eyes.

The scale is massive, there are scored of survivors.  It not just done by Torbett and Cairney et al on their own.  It’s the volume of people who closed their eyes, they must have noticed changes in personalities.  It’s horrific that the culture was it was just the ‘done’ thing, the club came first.  Just like the massive cover ups in the Catholic church, it’s the same people with the same MO.

They always say the cover up is worse than the crime, not in this case, the cover up was to allow the crimes to be continued, and they did.  Savilles crimes were not committed on his own, it was facilitated, CFC and CBC facilitated this.  It was just a case of put up, shut up and don’t embarrass the club, because its Celtic/church are the only actual victim in this!  Well that’s the way it get pressed.  It takes years to see beyond the lies, and every individual will think it was just them, and won’t want the “shame” for their families.

The bravery of the survivors cannot be put into words properly, neither came the abhorrent behaviour of the club, who still think they can use their institution to just arrogantly brush it off or you will be punished either by god or club.  My hearts goes out for all of them and the scores of those who just are not ready to come forward.

Putting football rivalries and deep rooted hatred aside,  I don’t pity the survivors, I am angry that the lack of responsibility is still the current custodians mantra.  They are going to force them to give evidence and relive their nightmare.

Justice is required; ownership in this case being enforced upon them is required. Compensation will bring some closure, which is required.  Afterwards a full public enquiry is critically a necessity  not a requirement.

Finally a TV drama on this will tell the story of the survivors, and forever their bravery will be remembered and the clubs shame will be cast in stone. 

Very good post. The behaviour of the custodians of CFC has been totally inreprehensible in this matter. Once again the Catholic Church have shown themselves to be totally complicit in child sexual and non sexual abuse.

If CFC do indeed make those victims give evidence in court, then I sincerely hope that is 100% damning evidence, and that there is no comeback for CFC and they get punished to the fullest extent that the law allows here. These victims have suffered more than anyone should, and to put them through more suffering in a court is beyond the pale.

As to your last paragraph, it will not be made by either BBC Scotland or STV, they haven't got the guts to do so.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

It wasn’t just Celtic tho.  I also don’t think it’s a Celtic problem historically.  It could have been any boys club that hired that group of reprobates.  Their is no doubting they have tried to get out of their responsibilities to the victims though. 

It definitely wasn't just Celtic. But they've had six employees found guilty already and they even brought Jim Torbett back to Celtic Park to work despite him previously being booted out for abusing children. It's all on the Spotlight twitter page and I suggest everybody reads it. It is truly horrifying what went on there. 

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Can you give the full twitter handle ? 

Naisys Tackle
11 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It definitely wasn't just Celtic. But they've had six employees found guilty already and they even brought Jim Torbett back to Celtic Park to work despite him previously being booted out for abusing children. It's all on the Spotlight twitter page and I suggest everybody reads it. It is truly horrifying what went on there. 

Yes, the point I’m making is this could have been any club that had the six employees (group of cretins).  I’m sure the sickos had good was of hiding the shit and excuse for everything.  Yes Celtic should be accountable and yes they are vile for not acknowledging it but this didn’t happen because it was a particular club it happened because these people where at a particular club. 

Hagar the Horrible
13 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I think you are missing the point.  It happens in schools public/private, Scouts, Boys Brigage, sports clubs everywhere, from time immemororial,  But its the enormous scale, there are scores of victims and survivors, by a profession football club, this is institutional on an industrial scale, its horrific. 

Forever Hearts

This is who lead the SFA inquiry into child abuse in Scottish football. You literally couldn't make it up.

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

This is who lead the SFA inquiry into child abuse in Scottish football. You literally couldn't make it up.

This is why a full independant public enquiry is required, we know how the SFA operates, They would get King Herod investigate the murders of first born

Forever Hearts
12 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yes, the point I’m making is this could have been any club that had the six employees (group of cretins).  I’m sure the sickos had good was of hiding the shit and excuse for everything.  Yes Celtic should be accountable and yes they are vile for not acknowledging it but this didn’t happen because it was a particular club it happened because these people where at a particular club. 

Some of these people were brought back to Celtic despite Celtic knowing they had abused children. There is no defence for that. 

• davemclaren locked this topic