Celtic to be served court summons

Forever Hearts

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

This is the same  defence the Catholic church used saying individual branches of their churches eg Boston were seperate from the Vatican  this was shameless and ultimately failed   when newspapers shown a "spotlight" on it.

The  Scottish media has been complicit 

Manchester City have behaved with dignity and honour.

Look for a Prince Andrew settlement now

They will  settle. If they are daft enough to go to court, then he'll mend them when this dirty washing gets cleaned in public.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Sir PH

• buzzbomb1958

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ex member of the SaS

Even though they try to claim they were separate entities they still knew what was going on and covered it up. 

Settlement incoming I would think now.

Curious Celtic might not be able to prove the separate entity thing. 

One aspect not reported here is the main Celtic Boys club abusers didn't just work at the Boys Club. They were Celtic fc employees. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Colonel Kurtz
14 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Hopefully the Green Brigade will raise the issue at matches with banners etc to get their club to take action 🙈🙉🙊:sarcasm:

Let the people sing  as long as its not about their own club

If the kids involved had been Palestinian though 

Hagar the Horrible
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Settlement incoming I would think now.

Curious Celtic might not be able to prove the separate entity thing. 

One aspect not reported here is the main Celtic Boys club abusers didn't just work at the Boys Ckub. They were Celtic fc employees. 

I am sure thats what was argued yesterday, Celtic claim the documents were missing proving they were not the same entity were missing so the case should be thrown out, however Mr Mackay uncovered evidence that indeed they were the same club (Academy).

2 things now, is that now their names being prohibited from being identified, more might add to the class action.  And that this being allowed to use their defence has pretty much been thrown out,  whats next a big bhoy did it and ran away?

Hope Celtic now just admit their part in it and pay the victims what they seek rather than drag them through court sessions.

It's a stain on their history they seem keen to drag out. strange.

35 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I am sure thats what was argued yesterday, Celtic claim the documents were missing proving they were not the same entity were missing so the case should be thrown out, however Mr Mackay uncovered evidence that indeed they were the same club (Academy).

2 things now, is that now their names being prohibited from being identified, more might add to the class action.  And that this being allowed to use their defence has pretty much been thrown out,  whats next a big bhoy did it and ran away?

Celtic's whole approach to this has been really poor and unsympathetic to victims.

Their best option is to replicate the approach teams in England took - set up a compensation scheme, deal with it once and "head on" then move on. 

Wonder if there will be a case like this for the Rangers paedo?

4 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Celtic's whole approach to this has been really poor and unsympathetic to victims.

Their best option is to replicate the approach teams in England took - set up a compensation scheme, deal with it once and "head on" then move on. 

Wonder if there will be a case like this for the Rangers paedo?

In Rangers case was it not the guy that Hibs failed to unmask? I have not followed this very closely but was part of the reason that Celtic were charged with these claims not down to the fact that they never dealt with it when they found out?

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

In Rangers case was it not the guy that Hibs failed to unmask? I have not followed this very closely but was part of the reason that Celtic were charged with these claims not down to the fact that they never dealt with it when they found out?

Its that it happened. But after taking action initially Celtic re-employed some of the abusers. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its that it happened. But after taking action initially Celtic re-employed some of the abusers. 

Thanks I was wondering if the fact they were able to go after the club rather than an individual was down to a lack of appropriate action by the club. If is the case that they are able to make a claim against the club based on it happening to them whilst there then that would presumably leave Rangers and Hibs open to the same sort of charge then?

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Thanks I was wondering if the fact they were able to go after the club rather than an individual was down to a lack of appropriate action by the club. If is the case that they are able to make a claim against the club based on it happening to them whilst there then that would presumably leave Rangers and Hibs open to the same sort of charge then?

A summary here by some of the campaigners

20220301_130254.jpg

20220301_130303.jpg

People such as Fergus McCann and ex Boys Club players like Davie Moyes have refused to provide evidence in the case. 

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

20220301_130254.jpg

20220301_130303.jpg

Thanks I do wonder how much of that was relevant to the ability of victims to take out the action against the club though. What I mean is is it because they knew or simply because it happened there? I am probably not making my question very clear apologies.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Thanks I do wonder how much of that was relevant to the ability of victims to take out the action against the club though. What I mean is is it because they knew or simply because it happened there? I am probably not making my question very clear apologies.

I think fundamentally the club could have stopped it all. But they didn't and worse facilitated it.

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

Donald Findlay QC to represent Celtic FC in court.

Thought that slavering useless victorian bigotted old welt was a massive blue nose?

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

I think fundamentally the club could have stopped it all. But they didn't and worse facilitated it.

That is what i was getting at thanks. For that reason then I would think Hibs would be open to a similar sort of charge for not revealing Nealey's crimes and leaving him free to take up a position at Rangers. I think Rangers launched him as soon as they found out but i can not remember whether or not they revealed the reasons themselves.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That is what i was getting at thanks. For that reason then I would think Hibs would be open to a similar sort of charge for not revealing Nealey's crimes and leaving him free to take up a position at Rangers. I think Rangers launched him as soon as they found out but i can not remember whether or not they revealed the reasons themselves.

The problem there is firstly victims coming forward. 

But I think it's a tricky case overall. Though obviously it seems Rangers youngsters were abused because Hibs stayed quiet, allegedly. 

The allegation is they were struggling anyway against likes of Hearts and Dundee United to attract youngsters and didn't want to make that worse by putting off parents. 

Edited by Mikey1874

15 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Donald Findlay QC to represent Celtic FC in court.

The Dean of Faculty Roddy Dunlop QC has represented Celtic so far.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Thought that slavering useless victorian bigotted old welt was a massive blue nose?

I think **** the SPL, is having his tongue firmly in his cheek.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

20220301_130254.jpg

20220301_130303.jpg

If the victims can prove point 1 Celtic will be in some serious trouble. The rest is a throughly disgusting indictment on the Celtic Football Club and every single person involved. 

TyphoonJambo
9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I think **** the SPL, is having his tongue firmly in his cheek.

I bit,I'll admit.

Ron Burgundy
2 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

So Celtic are basically the Prince Andrew of Scottish football?  

No, they are the football equivalent of the Catholic Church. Far darker and more dangerous than PA.

Alec Eiffel
2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

He is, although he now is chairman of Cowdenbeath.  Hope they get relegated.

Problem is that di Stefano is staying with Her Majesty.

TyphoonJambo
7 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Sorry TJ 

🖕

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

No, they are the football equivalent of the Catholic Church. Far darker and more dangerous than PA.

They've handled this like the catholic church did.  Would rather ignore it than try to help the victims.  

Hagar the Horrible
6 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

They've handled this like the catholic church did.  Would rather ignore it than try to help the victims.  

It is intricit with the Catholic church, they know what goes on, and if anybody speaks out they circle the wagons to protect the guilty, even the parents would rather protect the church as they dont want to handle the shame.  Celtic are protecting celtic, , sweep sweep.  But if you buy an oil company and 20 years ago even under another regime, if your company caused an oil disaster, the company is still liable.

Celtic boys club is guilty and it operates under the flag of academy, but if this class act is successful, the SFA needs to ban Celtic from having kids under their control ever again

8 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

It is intricit with the Catholic church, they know what goes on, and if anybody speaks out they circle the wagons to protect the guilty, even the parents would rather protect the church as they dont want to handle the shame.  Celtic are protecting celtic, , sweep sweep.  But if you buy an oil company and 20 years ago even under another regime, if your company caused an oil disaster, the company is still liable.

Celtic boys club is guilty and it operates under the flag of academy, but if this class act is successful, the SFA needs to ban Celtic from having kids under their control ever again

Their reputation is most important to both. 

Both have been protected by Governments and authorities. 

Chillidigits
4 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

If Donald likes his fee in USD then the greenback holds sway over the blue nose.

weekend offender

Firstly lets hope the victims get some kind of justice/closure. Hope the vile institution that is Celtic Fc are destroyed for their denial in these terrible crimes agianst kids.

8 hours ago, Spitonastranger said:

Hopefully the Green Brigade will raise the issue at matches with banners etc to get their club to take action 🙈🙉🙊:sarcasm:

Haha very good point 

Naisys Tackle
8 hours ago, Spitonastranger said:

Should be an apology banner with the names of every victim of this cover up.  Then they have the audacity to sing YNWA.   Try telling that to the people the club let get abused and turned their backs on. 

3 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

I actually think it’s worse what they’re doing, not ignoring it, they’re flat out denying they had any connection to it. If it’s proven they were one in the same there’ll be no hiding place for them and no amount of ignoring it will make it go away.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Rangers announced in their in house newspaper that Nealey was leaving to pursue business interests. There is a claim they informed police but there has never been any confirmation by the police about this. Nealey then went on to work for other clubs. 

There appears to have been an effort by Rangers to quietly move him

on and not have any negative press. Rangers on the surface did not stop Nealey from continuing his career.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/6669012/sfa-sex-abuse-review-gordon-neely-rangers-police-reported/amp/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-50087600

N Lincs Jambo

My sis-in-law is a now retired clinical psychologist who spent 33 working years dealing with these scum perverts. I’m not talking Celtic BC but just in general. She said many years ago that paedophilia is so much more widespread than people think. It’s everywhere. They used to tell her stories thinking they would shock her. She told me that they would be pretty upset when she said she’d heard that story so many times before. Sad world we live in 

12 hours ago, John Findlay said:

They will  settle. If they are daft enough to go to court, then he'll mend them when this dirty washing gets cleaned in public.

Correct.  Just like Prince Andrew reached an out of court settlement with Virginia Giuffre to avoid having to air his dirty washing in public.

The vast majority of civil cases end up being settled out of court, often after the defendant's legal team have exhausted all possibilities of having the case thrown out.  And out of court settlements usually include a NDA, i.e. take the settlement but you can't talk about the case.

6 hours ago, Mysterion said:

Rangers announced in their in house newspaper that Nealey was leaving to pursue business interests. There is a claim they informed police but there has never been any confirmation by the police about this. Nealey then went on to work for other clubs. 

There appears to have been an effort by Rangers to quietly move him

on and not have any negative press. Rangers on the surface did not stop Nealey from continuing his career.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/6669012/sfa-sex-abuse-review-gordon-neely-rangers-police-reported/amp/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-50087600

So they were just as derelict of their duty to stop him as Hibs were then thanks I have never read that before.

Hagar the Horrible

Just listened to Radio Scotland "call Kaye"  spend a hour talking about Goodwillie going to Clyde,  If that was Messi or Ronaldo i would not want them at my club,  Yeah people have the right to be rehabilitated and deserve the right to earn a living in an appropriate environment. 

However Celtic as an institution trafficked kids, over decades, not one peep on the radio or the media, where is the outrage?  Instead of accepting this, they are pilling on more greif to the survivors by fighting it to the bitter end.

I share their anger but on a scale of 1 to Celtic,  Goodwillie is at 2  (not to his victim I caveat)

Russians, Goodwillie and celtic no place in sport

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Just listened to Radio Scotland "call Kaye"  spend a hour talking about Goodwillie going to Clyde,  If that was Messi or Ronaldo i would not want them at my club,  Yeah people have the right to be rehabilitated and deserve the right to earn a living in an appropriate environment. 

However Celtic as an institution trafficked kids, over decades, not one peep on the radio or the media, where is the outrage?  Instead of accepting this, they are pilling on more greif to the survivors by fighting it to the bitter end.

I share their anger but on a scale of 1 to Celtic,  Goodwillie is at 2  (not to his victim I caveat)

Russians, Goodwillie and celtic no place in sport

The Scottish media, all aspects of it, have been a total disgrace in their lack of coverage over this.

Not wrong to have a programme about David Goodwillie.

However, totally wrong NOT to have a hour long programme about Celtic and THEIR boys club.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

The Scottish media, all aspects of it, have been a total disgrace in their lack of coverage over this.

Not wrong to have a programme about David Goodwillie.

However, totally wrong NOT to have a hour long programme about Celtic and THEIR boys club.

Scottish Government for some reason doesn't want to talk about it. 

Maybe I haven't seen all Nicola Sturgeon's tweets on the issue. 

Edited by Mikey1874

John Findlay
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Funny that as the head of that government, was not slow in coming forward to condemn David Goodwillie.

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Maybe I haven't seen all Nicola Sturgeon's tweets on the issue. 

3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Funny that as the head of that government, was not slow in coming forward to condemn David Goodwillie.

I'm not sure it would be appropriate for the FM or her government to comment on what would appear to now be a live court case.

Jambof3tornado
16 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

My sis-in-law is a now retired clinical psychologist who spent 33 working years dealing with these scum perverts. I’m not talking Celtic BC but just in general. She said many years ago that paedophilia is so much more widespread than people think. It’s everywhere. They used to tell her stories thinking they would shock her. She told me that they would be pretty upset when she said she’d heard that story so many times before. Sad world we live in 

Whats worse is that so many people knew what was going on for years and years.

On 02/03/2022 at 15:47, Musemic said:

I'm not sure it would be appropriate for the FM or her government to comment on what would appear to now be a live court case.

Never commented on it when it wasn't a live court case. 

• davemclaren locked this topic