** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

25 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

Halks out for a few weeks unfortunately. Wonder if that means a rethink on the Souttar front ? Can’t afford to let him go now I reckon (unless Robbie and Joe have a replacement lined up).

How do you know he is out for a few weeks?  I haven't seen any confirmation from Robbie / in the media about the extent of his injury?

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

ginger jambo98
1 minute ago, tazhearts said:

How do you know he is out for a few weeks?  I haven't seen any confirmation from Robbie / in the media about the extent of his injury?

Anthony Brown (sports writer) on Twitter reported It. Guessing he was at the presser.

9 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Only 3 months FOH contributions.  We're minted!  🙂 

This is the correct answer. We are padded. 💰 💵 💴 

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Halkett or Souttar or maybe both. Were Taylor Moore and Sibbick training also? Thanks

Souttar trained Halkett never. Moore and Sibbick both trained.

42 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Fair enough. Strange for someone from up that way. I guess i've just assumed he was a don.

FWIW I know someone very close to him and he's apparently loving every minute of it here. I doubt he will leave anytime soon. 

422 Mile trip from Thurso to Aberdeen 😝

I think there used to be a Hibs supporters club up there. I don't think he was a fan who went to any football games the lad was away to Fulham then Liverpool around 16/17

41 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

It's an evil little web mate 

And think about the other players who have went between the clubs. Always thought it was Celtic Hibs St Mirren , But the last couple of years Dundee have been invited into the circle. Can't think of any other teams in Scotland who have this apart from they 4. 

4 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

And think about the other players who have went between the clubs. Always thought it was Celtic Hibs St Mirren , But the last couple of years Dundee have been invited into the circle. Can't think of any other teams in Scotland who have this apart from they 4. 

It'd be rude not too given the services rendered.

Is Gordon Strachan still wearing two hats or is that sorted now?

7 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

422 Mile trip from Thurso to Aberdeen 😝

I think there used to be a Hibs supporters club up there. I don't think he was a fan who went to any football games the lad was away to Fulham then Liverpool around 16/17

True.

Anything north of Pitlochry I just assume they are either an Aberdeen fan or a glory hunter. Apparently my logic has failed me 😂

6 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Depends on the tear. I did mine doing TarKwondo and it took 9 months! The bruising started behind my ankle, criss-crossed behind my knee and disappeared up my thigh into my buttock! 😳 

Of course he’ll have access to the latest medical care… and, although he looked uneasy walking/hobbling off the pitch, I don’t think he looked as bad. 
So, yeah, could - potentially- be a wee while. I’ve said elsewhere, he looked upset, which wasn’t a good sign. Hope I’m wrong. 

chuffin 'eck. 

Is that a Yorkshire variant of Taekwondo?

folk smashing into each other with cups of Tetlehhh teabags and yorkshire puddings?

2 minutes ago, feej said:

Marcus Browne from Boro

Failed medical at Charlton ? 

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

chuffin 'eck. 

folk smashing into each other with cups of Tetlehhh teabags and yorkshire puddings?

tetley tea is rank...

now, if we are talking Tea..we are talking Yorkshiiiiire Gold..

But, Tea Bagging....whole different convo

:greggy:

2 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

chuffin 'eck. 

🤣 Hey! Don't knock it... some of those teabags are sharp! 🤕

Jeando Fuchs has just signed for Peterborough for an undisclosed fee so that rules him out. Not that we were ever interested, just that his name was mentioned on here. 

3 minutes ago, feej said:

Ah ok, thought they pulled out as lining up Scott Fraser?

They bid, but rejected

8 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

tetley tea is rank...

now, if we are talking Tea..we are talking Yorkshiiiiire Gold..

But, Tea Bagging....whole different convo

:greggy:

6 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

🤣 Hey! Don't knock it... some of those teabags are sharp! 🤕

given my avatar, it just HAS to be PG tips......the go to tea when I'm moving Piano's in and out of houses with my colleagues

Just now, gorgieheart said:

They bid, but rejected

Ok, based on what's come through the door already I'm sure we'll see a decent player turn up.

Just now, Jim Panzee said:

given my avatar, it just HAS to be PG tips......the go to tea when I'm moving Piano's in and out of houses with my colleagues

:robboyas:

Just now, feej said:

Ok, based on what's come through the door already I'm sure we'll see a decent player turn up.

Yeah, think we will, need a proper attacking midfielder who can get high up the field, past the strikers, into the box....hopefully we get one in.

1 hour ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

Is he not away permanently now.  Although I appreciate he was OOC in the summer.

Apparently still on loan until the end of the season when he is permanent at Motherwell.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Would we not be better moving Souttar to the middle of the three. 

It might just be the way the reporter has written it. They could easily swap places if needed. Sibbick is comfortable on the ball so not a real issue.   I do think Halkett is better in the air than Souttar but not sure about Sibbick.

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Would we not be better moving Souttar to the middle of the three. 

Imo we should move to a back 4 of Atkinson, Sibbick, Souttar, Kingsley

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Imo we should move to a back 4 of Atkinson, Sibbick, Souttar, Kingsley

I'd be giving 433 a go with all 3 of Beni Haring & Devlin in the middle and Boyce, Mckay and Simms up top.

46 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

So who do we think the forward will be?

Just a name

Ogashiwa.

Got to be Regan Charles Cook on Pre-contract and then sign for nominal fee.  Give them McEneff or Henderson on loan.

Edited by Smith&Weston

What a transfer window! we went into this transfer window wanting a right wingback who can give us a bit more attacking wise and who has a bit more pace than Smith. Early days but Atkinson looks good, permanent deal, young and represented Australia at u23 level. We wanted another centre half as maybe a bit short, especially if souttar leaves. We have signed Sibbick, again permanent deal, highly rated, only 22 and the fact Barnsley fans are unhappy he’s away shows we have a bit of a coup IMO. Thought we could have maybe got him on loan but not a permanent deal for a 6 figure sum on a 3.5 year deal! Lastly we needed a striker, we signed Simms. Ok only a loan deal but like others have said, I’m guessing we could not get who we wanted on a perm deal. Early days and only had 45 mins against Celtic but showed enough to me he will be a real asset to us! Good feet, strong, pace and good in the air! 

if we can sign another fast, energetic player who can play across the front 3 (another McKay type I think we will be looking for) then what an incredible window we have had and what a squad we have. Look at our attacking options. McKay, Gino, GMS, Woodburn, boyce, Simms and we are talking about bringing in another one! Possibly 7 players fighting for three positions? What a time to be a jambo! 

1 minute ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I'd be giving 433 a go with all 3 of Beni Haring & Devlin in the middle and Boyce, Mckay and Simms up top.

If we are going with that formation then surely we need to play a more attacking midfielder, such as McEneff. I get Beni, Haring and Devlin all do some decent things in attack but 3 defensive mids is too much. 

2 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

With our tight pitch and with those 3 in midfield, you could almost play the fullbacks as wingbacks in that formation.  Think Liverpool (but shiter).

It's an idea.  Not sure it's what we're set up for but it could get us through while Halks is out.

goldiebackwash1985

Dan Crowley currently looking for a club and been linked with Burton could be a shout for attacking midfield reinforcement 🤷‍♂️

42 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

It'd be rude not too given the services rendered.

Is Gordon Strachan still wearing two hats or is that sorted now?

Is that to cover his two faces.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Wouldn’t be against that. 

Only concern there would be that Motherwell lined up as a 4-3-3 away to Ross Co.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Only concern there would be that Motherwell lined up as a 4-3-3 away to Ross Co.

That's their main formation, four cart horse hatchet men across the back line with three more sat in front of them

3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

That's their main formation, four cart horse hatchet men across the back line with three more sat in front of them

All the more reason to have three CB's with two WB's making a five when need against their front three.

13 minutes ago, Smith&Weston said:

Got to be Regan Charles Cook on Pre-contract and then sign for nominal fee.  Give them McEneff or Henderson on loan.

I’ll ask big Malky next time I see him.

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Only concern there would be that Motherwell lined up as a 4-3-3 away to Ross 

Our front three will be way better than there’s. It’s academic though because RN will likely stick to 3 at the back. 

Edited by GinRummy

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

All the more reason to have three CB's with two WB's making a five when need against their front three.

I think Jordan Roberts get a game for them so it's more like a front two tbf

46 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Jeando Fuchs has just signed for Peterborough for an undisclosed fee so that rules him out. Not that we were ever interested, just that his name was mentioned on here. 

Tough shit on Dundee United. Bottom 6 finish for them 

Edited by GinRummy

Jambof3tornado
24 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Moist at that!!