** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

If we qualify for Europe and have guaranteed money from either the Europa League or Conference League group stages, I sure as hell would hope we’d he spending money on a higher calibre class of player than Shankland

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If we qualify for Europe and have guaranteed money from either the Europa League or Conference League group stages, I sure as hell would hope we’d he spending money on a higher calibre class of player than Shankland

Agreed. He has done nothing to suggest he has what it takes to get us to the next level. 

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Simms in his 45 mins played better than I've ever seen Shankland play against any top league team.

18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Simms in his 45 mins played better than I've ever seen Shankland play against any top league team.

👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, CloustonHMFC said:

What is the fascination of labelling all CM's either defensive or attacking. There's a middle ground and I think our CM's fall in to that. I also don't get the love in for McEneff, really hasn't impressed me the few times we've got to see him.

Goals scored perhaps 

King of the North
1 hour ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Hibs are overdue another hammering, when hibs are confident hearts win when hearts are confident hearts win by a large margin 

2002 - De Vries debut. 5-1

2012 - biggest derby ever. 5-1

2022 - lump on. 1-5. It's happening. Although feck knows where their 1 is coming from.

1 hour ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Hibs are overdue another hammering, when hibs are confident hearts win when hearts are confident hearts win by a large margin 

Sibbick seems to me the true heir to Souttar—not an immediate like-for-like replacement, but a big young defender with bags of potential but a few injury problems, and a need to bulk up and learn the trade a bit more.

I don't know about throwing him straight into the starting side though. You can argue whether this is a 3-4-3 or a 4-3-3 but I'd go with something like this:

Legend

Soapy Dodger          Kingsley

Akka                    Big Pete            Cochrane

Devlin                       Beni

McKay

Simms    

Boyce

1 minute ago, pointon said:

I never take a Derby win for granted

Plenty times been so optimistic and rightly so ,over till the yrs

But always happy to wait   till FT and cherish the moment 

1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

Sibbick seems to me the true heir to Souttar—not an immediate like-for-like replacement, but a big young defender with bags of potential but a few injury problems, and a need to bulk up and learn the trade a bit more.

I don't know about throwing him straight into the starting side though. You can argue whether this is a 3-4-3 or a 4-3-3 but I'd go with something like this:

Legend

McKay

Simms    

Boyce

Ah the debate is settled, the formation hybrid. Can change throughout the game depending on how it's going. 

Actually think that's a really good shout

6 minutes ago, King of the North said:

2002 - De Vries debut. 5-1

2012 - biggest derby ever. 5-1

2022 - lump on. 1-5. It's happening. Although feck knows where their 1 is coming from.

Own goal 🤷‍♂️

Just now, pointon said:

Reagan Charles Cook  or Tsuyoshi  Ogashiwa it’s one of the two 

Charles cook probably more realistic and less loopholes to him signing. Top scorer in the league at present

4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Charles cook probably more realistic and less loopholes to him signing. Top scorer in the league at present

Completely agree but i still want Ogashiwa lol 

JUst because He could be something much much more (but also could be a dud)

Im feeling lucky though

10 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Ah the debate is settled, the formation hybrid. Can change throughout the game depending on how it's going. 

Actually think that's a really good shout

Cheers. It's obviously a bit of a switch from our normal back 3, where Halkett usually plays a bit behind the other 2 in almost a sweeper role, and I think we'd want Haring a little more forward, with Souttar and Kingsley tucked in a little more centrally than they usually play. But I think we could really dominate possession with that lineup.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Well the run of us having a signing as I make my tea comes to an end. :sad:

Should have only eaten half of it 😉😁

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Well the run of us having a signing as I make my tea comes to an end. :sad:

Still time for seconds 👍

2 minutes ago, pointon said:

Gms pluse cash 

GMS came to hearts as he wanted to be closer to his GF in Glasgow rather than go back to Aberdeen. 

I highly doubt he would therefore be up to going to Dingwall

21 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Legend

McKay

Simms    

Boyce

:fonzie:

18 minutes ago, pointon said:

Reagan Charles Cook  or Tsuyoshi  Ogashiwa it’s one of the two 

What’s your thoughts on the failing recruitment team now? 😄

2 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

:fonzie:

I can't claim credit, but I can't mind who came up with that in the Souttar thread. I'm running with it for the duration tho. :thumb:

8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

😳 Ross County (3rd bottom) goals for 31! Us goals for 32. 
… they’ve conceded millions. Good going for RCC though (Regan Charles-Cook… not Ross County C****!)

Edited by Rogue Daddy

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What’s your thoughts on the failing recruitment team now? 😄

😁 no better than failing moderators 👍

26 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Got a feeling he is going to end up at Hibs.Seeminly Maloney has said he is hopeful of having Boyles replacement in on Monday and he will be similar to Boyle in terms of goals and assists.

Be great if we nipped in and took him though.

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Got a feeling he is going to end up at Hibs.Seeminly Maloney has said he is hopeful of having Boyles replacement in on Monday and he will be similar to Boyle in terms of goals and assists.

Think It’s between us and them but Ross county really need him to stay

12 minutes ago, CAR said:

I still want Ogashiwa

Don't see why we couldn't  go for both for next season tbh. RCC on a pre-contract, maybe get him now depending on £££, and then work on getting Ogashiwa over in the summer. I feel like GMS and Gino are just slightly shy of the level we're looking for and getting both of these lads would be a step in the right direction.   

Also given a choice I would prefer Ueda over Ogashiwa. Ueda will be in the last 6 months of his contract in the summer and I think is a better player, and will likely be the more attainable (and probably affordable) of the two. 

13 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I can't claim credit, but I can't mind who came up with that in the Souttar thread. I'm running with it for the duration tho. :thumb:

:icon14:   Damn' right.

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Think It’s between us and them but Ross county really need him to stay

Aye most of the chat before was about him leaving for whoever on a pre contract.Wonder if we could loan them Henderson as part of a deal to bring him now

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

But Celtic are a great flee flowing football team that scores hunners of goals 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆
Same points as last season. 
Sign Cooke on a pre contract now. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Can't see them being willing to sell this window unless its daft money. They'll go down without him. 

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Can't see them being willing to sell this window unless its daft money. They'll go down without him. 

And let's be fair they are quite right to want daft money

8 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I have a feeling they will sign mikey johnston, not sure why, just think they will

2 minutes ago, neilr61 said:

I have a feeling they will sign mikey johnston, not sure why, just think they will

Loan favour from their big cousins