** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

As for Charles-Cook, I’m not sure we’re in for him, I’m also not sure he’s any more than a one season wonder. He’s scored more this season than he has over the last few years combined. I’m not convinced. But we’ll see where he ends up. (Don’t think it’s us)

However, anyone equating a pre-contract for him with the one for Souttar is pushing the devil’s advocate angle over the edge. (And I’m sure my previous posts show I’m often the devils advocate when it comes to players)

Imagine Souttar signed a pre-contract with Hibs when we were in a lower division, they were challenging for Europe and for arguments sake let’s hypothetically say they could offer more money? Would we say that someone has a right to go to a club playing at a higher level, challenging for honours and Europe? Would we say he’s a man that has to look after his family and so on so forth. No, we wouldn’t, because it’s Hibs, our rivals.

Well, Rangers are our rivals too, not just in terms of top half of the league, but because they’re one of two teams making a mockery of our country’s game. Because they buy points and championships at the expense of the other teams around them. We rightfully have contempt for teams that bend over and take it from them, so that’s why we have contempt for players who are complicit in that process. THAT is one of the main reasons people hate that Souttar has signed for them. There are other factors too, such as his history, what we’ve done for him etc. but the main thing is what it means for a player to move to one of our main rivals.

Ross County have no historical, league positional or local rivalries to us. So if Charles-Cook was to sign for us (I don’t think he will, this has the Mueller move feel about it) then it’s part of the footballing business. They won’t like it, we’ll be being a bit cheeky, yes. But we’re not stoking the flames of a rivalry here by signing their player. We won’t be creating a disparity in football that doesn’t exist already through natural football club growth.

So, me being me after a few drinks I’ve spraffed on enough, but in short: comparing a pre-contract agreement between Souttar and Rangers and a hypothetical pre-contract agreement between Charles-Cook and us is nonsensical pish.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

I'm not fussed either way about Charles-Cook. He might be a handy option for us, but signing the latest Scottish Premiership flavour of the month based on 6 months form usually produces expensive and underwhelming results in my experience.

gorgie rd eh11
21 minutes ago, rossi_1983 said:

All the talk about us being interested came from the hibs side…standard tactic from them to try and sell their new signings by making it seem they have beaten us to it/they chose them over us.

Everything they do revolves around us!

Nail on the head.

It seems to me the only reason folk are hoping we sign RCC is because H1b5 are after him.

Get that chat to ****, they’re shopping at Ingliston whilst we’re shopping at Harvey Nichols. image.png.a034778bff713637edbfaa0af505fbd1.png

Could not care less if it was Captain Cook they signed. He’ll be playing alongside the utter gash they have down there. It won’t take  him long to find that level. FTH.

Edited by Deevers

Never flown with Charles-Cook before, If they're anything like Thomas Cook then I would expect news by 1:20am on February 1st of him arriving in Majorca 

33 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Feel that's harsh first half I agree, but Robbie will set his team up differently, than say Stendel would, we tried to be narrow and limit Celtic space in behind. 

It's all opinions tbh, I prefer we when high press and are in the old firm faces, but under Robbie it would be fair to say we don't press as much as we would under a coach, that believes in that. 

Regardless of that second half we showed up you have to remember Celtic are a good team too, and Celtic don't have half there team out, they have a good squad which is something i believe we will need to have next season, more numbers and better players if possible, the standard Celtic have and Rangers means say if morelos is out or kyogo they can replace them without much fuss. 

Players don't seem to be able to play 2-3 games a week, they struggle with the training etc on top of games. 

So having a larger squad with allow us to attack on all fronts, but Robbie and Savage won't just sign anyone. 

League, Cups, Europa league. 

A lot of games to be played if we get group stage Europa league. 

We are at a stage now where, we don't need to worry about who Aberdeen, Hibs etc sign, we are so far ahead it's incredible, but with that can come complacency we must stay focused and treat every game like a cup final. 

Don't let up. 

Celtic are way ahead of us. Their managers doing a great job unfortunately.  We have just come up a division and are doing brilliantly though. 
Celtic will win this league I’ve no doubt and with a bit to spare 

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Celtic are way ahead of us. Their managers doing a great job unfortunately.  We have just come up a division and are doing brilliantly though. 
Celtic will win this league I’ve no doubt and with a bit to spare 

Pays 5/4 on Bet365

Rangers 8/13

“I’ve been linked with them [Hibs] twice now but I don’t think I could do it to such a great club. The fans have taken to me so well and they’ve always sent me positive messages on social media.”

Pity the Rat didn’t feel the same!

5 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

It seems to me the only reason folk are hoping we sign RCC is because H1b5 are after him.

Get that chat to ****, they’re shopping at Ingliston whilst we’re shopping at Harvey Nichols. image.png.a034778bff713637edbfaa0af505fbd1.png

To be fair there was a few stalls at Ingilston that had very very similar gear to Harvey Nicks in fact some still had the price tags on😂 And don’t mention shopping in Harvey Nicks to any ex Hibs strikers!

50 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

If that's true, we must not have been after him 😏

Well played saw that on twitter today. ****ing honestly 🤣

21 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

“I’ve been linked with them [Hibs] twice now but I don’t think I could do it to such a great club. The fans have taken to me so well and they’ve always sent me positive messages on social media.”

Pity the Rat didn’t feel the same!

Whats this? 

Guest ToqueJambo
30 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I'm not fussed either way about Charles-Cook. He might be a handy option for us, but signing the latest Scottish Premiership flavour of the month based on 6 months form usually produces expensive and underwhelming results in my experience.

Definitely. Has Jay Emmanuel-Thomas scored for Aberdeen yet? 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, sadj said:

A shrew is not a rodent 🙈 

And apparently after looking into it, neither is a mole. There's a reason I stick around on this forum. Occasional startling information that changes a way I looked at something my whole life up until now.

blow-mind-mind-blown.gif

I have suggested this player before, Marco Tilio from Melbourne City, the same club as Atkinson and managed by Patrick Kisnorbo.

Made his senior debut for Australia the other night,  also made an impression scoring at the Olympics against Argentina.

A player on the way up, not many get capped at 20 down under.

Goal against Argentina from approx  7.47

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6lczx87kXs

Also great goal in the league from approx 4.00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viznw2XhAxc

28 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

So in the last 2-3 pages, Charles-Cook is suddenly pish. I will assume he’s going to Hibs right enough.

To be fair I think there’s always been conflicting opinions on us signing him since it was first muted as a possibility. Everywhere from “never really noticed him” to “would be quality” to “he could be a one season wonder, we need to be cautious”. I know as I’ve been part of the discussions, my opinion being the last one.

ColinSmith1255
2 hours ago, sadj said:

A shrew is not a rodent 🙈 

Sorry I got that wrong and have learned something. However it looks like a rodent!

TOBY SIBBICK INTERVIEW:

https://t.co/6Oz7COIvlI

Had the pleasure of speaking to Toby this afternoon… I’ve got to say I’ve never met a new signing who ‘Got Hearts’ as much as this guy! 
Said he could never join Hibs after playing for Hearts (unlike Mitchell) which was very pleasing to listen to, also spoke about, the premature ending of his Hearts career 2 years ago and the pride of playing for a fan-owned club. 

Thought it was a juicy interview, so I’d say it’s well worth a read 😂

Any reads appreciated. Expect him to start tomorrow, with Halkett, Smith and potentially Moore unavailable. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Jamiemac said:

TOBY SIBBICK INTERVIEW:

https://t.co/6Oz7COIvlI

Had the pleasure of speaking to Toby this afternoon… I’ve got to say I’ve never met a new signing who ‘Got Hearts’ as much as this guy! 
Said he could never join Hibs after playing for Hearts (unlike Mitchell) which was very pleasing to listen to, also spoke about, the premature ending of his Hearts career 2 years ago and the pride of playing for a fan-owned club. 

Thought it was a juicy interview, so I’d say it’s well worth a read 😂

Any reads appreciated. Expect him to start tomorrow, with Halkett, Smith and potentially Moore unavailable. 

The only watchable, non-cringey moment in the Hearts documentary was Sibbick being welcomed to the club. Seemed like a great lad who was pleased to be there. Shame it turned out the way it did in is first spell, like everything that season.

2 minutes ago, ColinSmith1255 said:

Sorry I got that wrong and have learned something. However it looks like a rodent!

:rattus:

This RCC to Hearts chat has zero credibility, he clearly isn't on out radar and all this chat has been  fuelled by the Vermins interest and probable signing .

Seems  to be a theme from  their side when they are close to signing someone.

He is an obvious target for them to replace Boyle but personally he doesn't look anywhere near his level. 

jamboinglasgow
52 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We are at a stage in the window we're, we wait and see what happens, we want the Japanese lad, but his club are playing hardball, he's prepared to join, but his club must accept a fee. 

If not him loans will be fine for me, the window will be mad until it closes, players becoming available that we wouldn't normally get etc, clubs become desperate and sell players before contract runs out. 

The difference we are good financially so we don't need to worry about that with Souttar, unless it's an offer that Hearts are happy with, he stays with us both Robbie and Savage have made that clear. 

Gone are the days we roll over to any of them, allocation slashed, Souttar bids rejected. 

We won't put up with there pish anymore. 

Anyway i reckon there may be a few surprises before window closes, but don't hold me to that 😂👍

Yeah, I would agree. This part of the window things can change very quickly behind the scenes as deals are completed causing a domino effect. Players we are keeping an eye on can suddenly become available as time is running out. I really hope we can sign Ogashiwa as I really like the look of him, and there is an exciting factor in a player signing permanently from an exotic market, but I think his club are not going to budge (though I can see us signing him in the summer, especially if we get guaranteed European football.)

I do wonder if we are looking to lining up a loan of a centre back to be back up which means Souttar then goes to Rangers and we use the money. Could be a centre back who can also play left back to keep things versatile.

Also think we are now seeing how much deals are done behind the scenes with no leaks, Simms signed less 24 hours after it was said we were after him, Sibbick with nothing linking him to us. Look at Rangers deal for Amad Diallo, that only came out a few hours before it happened.

I think things are going to be quiet this weekend, but Monday will be a day which could excite or frustrate (pretty much every transfer deadline day.)

Hearts will endeavour to sign another defender should John Souttar’s transfer to Rangers go through before Monday night’s deadline.

Tynecastle officials are anticipating another move for Souttar by counterparts in Glasgow before the winter window closes. A £300,000 bid was rejected last weekend with the centre-back having already agreed a pre-contract switch to Ibrox for summer.

Should a quick-fire move materialise this month, Hearts are already prepared to react. They signed Toby Sibbick from Barnsley on Thursday but would look to recruit another defender to replace Souttar in their squad.

Manager Robbie Neilson explained that Sibbick’s transfer was partly influenced by injuries at centre-back: “Craig Halkett is out with a hamstring problem, Taylor Moore is touch and go so we needed another body in. If John goes then we will probably bring another one in as well.

8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Hearts will endeavour to sign another defender should John Souttar’s transfer to Rangers go through before Monday night’s deadline.

Tynecastle officials are anticipating another move for Souttar by counterparts in Glasgow before the winter window closes. A £300,000 bid was rejected last weekend with the centre-back having already agreed a pre-contract switch to Ibrox for summer.

Should a quick-fire move materialise this month, Hearts are already prepared to react. They signed Toby Sibbick from Barnsley on Thursday but would look to recruit another defender to replace Souttar in their squad.

Manager Robbie Neilson explained that Sibbick’s transfer was partly influenced by injuries at centre-back: “Craig Halkett is out with a hamstring problem, Taylor Moore is touch and go so we needed another body in. If John goes then we will probably bring another one in as well.

That to me sounds like Souttar will be away by Monday night.

1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

Yep.  He was at County last season and did virtually nothing.  Had a good 4 months this season undoubtedly, but County chuck players forward and he's not got any defensive responsibility at all.

Wouldn't say definitely not but he'd be a bit of a gamble I'd say.

11 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Source? 

IF we sign Charles-Cook OR Ogashiwa then either way, we've STILL got a great team which will finish third by a distance. 

41 minutes ago, ColinSmith1255 said:

🤣👌🏻

37 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

:rattus:

🤣 brilliant

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, hunts said:

That to me sounds like Souttar will be away by Monday night.

Yeah, I think we are holding out for as much as possible from Rangers and we will have a replacement ready to go.

42 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

To be fair I think there’s always been conflicting opinions on us signing him since it was first muted as a possibility. Everywhere from “never really noticed him” to “would be quality” to “he could be a one season wonder, we need to be cautious”. I know as I’ve been part of the discussions, my opinion being the last one.

You must've found the mute button on JKB...

2 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

You must've found the mute button on JKB...

I wanna blame autocorrect on that one, but it might be something else…

:olly:

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I wanna blame autocorrect on that one, but it might be something else…

:olly:

Try remember where you found it tomorrow morning 😃