** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Guest ToqueJambo
22 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Souttar out

Charles-Cook in

Centre Half on Loan

and we’re done 

With Halks out we need Souttar more than ever. Keep or double the asking price to Rangers. They had their chance to get him for cheaper and took too long. Nae luck.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

With Halks out we need Souttar more than ever. Keep or double the asking price to Rangers. They had their chance to get him for cheaper and took too long. Nae luck.

I reckon Rangers will offer up what we’re looking for, or pretty close, but it might well be that we turn it down anyway and write off the fee to keep him. 3rd place is so potentially lucrative so that’s a factor too

9 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Moist at that!!

433 with an attacking player as one of the middle 3. Aye that’s fine but who ?

433 at home with 3 defensive minded midfielders ? Nut, not for me

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

I can see the benefits of having the three of them for this game, the centre of the pitch will be a battleground tomorrow and it's the only area of the pitch where we'll have to work to stay on top

20 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I can see the benefits of having the three of them for this game, the centre of the pitch will be a battleground tomorrow and it's the only area of the pitch where we'll have to work to stay on top

If we learnt stuff from playing Motherwell this season, it’s surely NOT to allow a midfield battle to bog the game down. When we get bogged down our front 3 are out the game. If we play Simms we have the ability to play it up quicker and longer taking a midfield battle out the equation. To me that’s why we’ve signed him. We don’t do well in midfield battles. Why would we encourage one we wouldn’t win ? Go a bit longer, use the diagonal, push the wing backs on and force them to deal with that, don’t go toe to toe with industrial teams in the middle of the park, especially when you’ve got 2 lightweights in there.

Edited by JimmyCant

44 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I think Jordan Roberts get a game for them so it's more like a front two tbf

Hostage to fortune there!

5 hours ago, lou said:

I wonder if we are looking at Charles Cook

Could be.   If he does any better than he doing now we could sign him on pre contract later.   I think we can do better though.   

25 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Just popped over to a Barnsley forum. They’re furious that the club have let him go. A lot of anger being directed towards their CEO.

https://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/official-site-toby-sibbick-joins-hearts.311498/page-2

RC_Tyke:

He should have been continuing his football development by playing first team football here, let’s not kid anyone.

onemickybutler:

Good luck Toby. Most improved player under Val and a mystery why he’s been largely ignored this season.

DannyWilsonLovechild:

Gutted. I think there’s a really good player in there but we’ve treated him appallingly during his time and I think we’ve failed him.
Best of luck at Hearts Toby, show them what you can do.
As for the statement by our CEO… I didn’t think it was possible that his honesty and transparency could show him to be a more clueless out of touch moron. I was wrong.

Leythtyke:

41 goals conceded in 21 games, in a season where the goalkeeper has been the best player by a distance = "such competition in the central defensive position at Oakwell"

They really don't seem to be very impressed with this move.  Can only be a good thing for us :jjyay: 

2 minutes ago, sirwalter said:

Hostage to fortune there!

I know, I know :lol: 

There's always a chance Souttar will lay the ball off for Roberts to score before turning to the hearts support and shouting "WATP"

I just think that it's highly unlikely that Roberts will do something meaningful in his career let alone tomorrow. He'll certainly be up for it though

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

image.png.2cb35e34244edd77d1c143ab0d573472.png

Just.........  :facepalm:

TBF with them so far behind us, and another Derby loss coming up, the levels of delusion are probably maxed out 😍

1 minute ago, Gav M said:

ftfy

😀 now now, not all idiots are Hibs fans although all Hibs fans may be idiots, now that I think about it. 

Edited by GinRummy

2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

TBF with them so far behind us, and another Derby loss coming up, the levels of delusion are probably maxed out 😍

You can only hope for a couple of dodgy offside goals and a penalty as part of our 4-0 derby win, with them scrambling around trying to justify the other goal and the wee guy squeaking on about Belgium in his post match interview. 

Edited by GinRummy

Just now, GinRummy said:

You can only hope for a couple of dodgy offside goals and a penalty as part of our 4-0 derby win with them scrambling around trying to justify the other goal and the wee guy squeaking on about Belgium in his post match interview. 

Sounds perfect:thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Eh think somebody should mention a certain Mr Sibbick to these clowns says he wouldnae have went even if they had stuck a bid in total bunch o spoofers 

I thought Toby looked really promising when he was with us before. 
I’m positive he will fulfil that promise. Welcome Home Toby! 

The Wrinkly Ninja
45 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

To think there’s folk that spend their day on here having a go at other Hearts fans when there’s numbskulls like this who are walking the earth and breathe the same air that we breathe, while having access to communications!

Edited by The Wrinkly Ninja

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

If we are going with that formation then surely we need to play a more attacking midfielder, such as McEneff. I get Beni, Haring and Devlin all do some decent things in attack but 3 defensive mids is too much. 

What is the fascination of labelling all CM's either defensive or attacking. There's a middle ground and I think our CM's fall in to that. I also don't get the love in for McEneff, really hasn't impressed me the few times we've got to see him.

4 hours ago, BigAlim said:

As far as this window is concerned I guess you could add 

In: Roberts

Out: Roberts

Is he shaking it all about then?

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Ridiculous take, imo.

It's not as simple as defensive or attacking minded. There's room for all 3 in our team with the correct players around them.

1 minute ago, CloustonHMFC said:

What is the fascination of labelling all CM's either defensive or attacking. There's a middle ground and I think our CM's fall in to that. I also don't get the love in for McEneff, really hasn't impressed me the few times we've got to see him.

I don’t think they do fall into a middle ground. Most of their best work is defensive. You get midfielders who are all rounders but those three, as good as they are, definitely ain’t that. If we are playing 4-3-3 and McEneff isn’t good enough then we need to get someone who is. Different if we’re playing a tough away fixture or the old firm but too cautious at home to Motherwell. 

Got a feeling Hearts will announce a signing tonight… The pre match interviews with RN & TS aren’t uploaded to Hearts TV.. They are normally pretty good at turning around the interviews.

Maybe the media guys are busy with a new signing? 

Not ITK BTW, just a hunch. 

2 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Got a feeling Hearts will announce a signing tonight… The pre match interviews with RN & TS aren’t uploaded to Hearts TV.. They are normally pretty good at turning around the interviews.

Maybe the media guys are busy with a new signing? 

Not ITK BTW, just a hunch. 

I dunno about the signing thing but managers presser is usually released two days before a game and a players presser the day before the game. Odd that there's none up yet.

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

I just think that it's highly unlikely that Roberts will do something meaningful in his career let alone tomorrow. He'll certainly be up for it though

I actually think if they score tomorrow, it will be him that scores it.

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not a fan of Twitter but when you see beauties like that it makes me want to sign up... Delusional beyond belief 😆

:fth:

12 minutes ago, micole said:

One word ROBBO!!.....they are feckin delusional.

Robbo, Osman Sow, Stephane Adam, Lafferty, Sibbick - there have been plenty who knocked them back.

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, davieholt said:

Jeez, they're not happy are they!

Some trumpet said he wasn’t up to championship level but will be fine in the Scottish premiership 🤬

16 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'd just turned 19 the day before. *******.

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Fecking hell, Indiana Jones will be searching for you soon... :stuart:

😁

NaturalOrder74

Hibs are overdue another hammering, when hibs are confident hearts win when hearts are confident hearts win by a large margin 

The Japanese window is open until April 2022.  Is that window pen for buying or only local transfers?

1 minute ago, Tasavallan said:

The Japanese window is open until April 2022.  Is that window pen for buying or only local transfers?

Doesn't matter to us unless we're the selling team. We have til Monday

Anyone itk about Shankland. I've heard it more than once that Hearts are gonnae sign him. I hope we do, and he do the business. 

Anyway.

:fth:

I just don't see it with him.  He was a cracking player in the lower leagues, and scored a couple of really good goals for United, but all of my mates who support them have said largely the same thing: He is an incredibly frustrating player to watch.  The things he does with ease are not the things you would expect, which is why you see him doing things like scoring from the half-way line, but the bog standard stuff didn't happen once he was in the top flight.

His stats suggest that as well.  He went from 28 goals in 33 appearances in the Championship (with similar returns his previous 2 seasons at Ayr United), to 9 in 36 when they came up.  That's a big drop, and it might just be because United were rotten in their first season back, but it also suggests he might have difficulty against better opposition who give him less space and time on the ball.

If we sign him, then great, I'm all for giving him a chance.  I just really don't see him as a significant upgrade to what we currently have, and he is never the player that we need if we want to start competing in Europe and pushing Celtic and Rangers for the top 2 spots.

I'm also not sure Beerschot are going to let him go for the sort of money we'd want to pay, since he's only 1 year into a 3 year contract and they paid a reported £1 Million for him.