** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Apparently Hibs and Hearts in for McGrath…. Get the check book out Anne!

Where is this being reported out of interest? 

Can't say I've really noticed him much but assume he is more a playmaker than a pacey forward?

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, Leisham38 said:

I hope everyone realises, signing good players on long contracts in positions we need and having a stable squad means quieter transfer windows!

the panic on here has been ridiculous, the scattergun days are over, I fear some will miss it

Us (JKB) in future transfer windows not requiring anyone because we have all our top players are winning games and tied up on contracts...

bender.gif

Edited by Rogue Daddy

Just now, bistokid said:

Where is this being reported out of interest? 

Can't say I've really noticed him much but assume he is more a playmaker than a pacey forward?

Seems to be on hubs.net 🥺🥺

7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m not making predictions after the last couple of days where players signed hours after I said something along the lines of “nothing today then…” But, I do think Souttar may be away to Rangers today.

I would think many agree with you regarding Souttar, I do.

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Apparently Hibs and Hearts in for McGrath…. Get the check book out Anne!

Unless he's a hobo then coming to us should be a no brainer. European football, better team, better facilities, better stadium, better chance of being clocked by big teams. Would be a good addition.

Vlad the impaler

Im

not that fussed for McGrath,not sure he’d fit into the team

the way we play. We can

always bump the price up for that lot tho

Just now, Sertse said:

Unless he's a hobo then coming to us should be a no brainer. European football, better team, better facilities, better stadium, better chance of being clocked by big teams. Would be a good addition.

Or Celtic minded, a lot of these guys seem to end up at Hibs, Mcginn, Mcgeogh, Henderson spring to mind

Just seen we signed Sibbick! 

WOW! That was out of left field.

Strange question, but has he been signed as a midfielder or cover in at CB? 

Just now, Vlad the impaler said:

Im

the way we play. We can

Kinda where I am. Is he not an attacking midfielder?... we have one of them (McEneff) that can't get a game due to our formation. TBH I haven't seen much of him apart from our games against St Liedown... and he didn't stand out much (to me). Happy to be proved/convinced otherwise.

55 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Agreed, not sure take a look at himself (well not any more than all players should in that they should be looking at every game and thinking what can I do better) but he needs to find his spark.

What I liked v Celtic was his drive.  He was more aggressive on and off the ball.  That's what I want from GMS.  I like him, but we need to fit him in better.  He's an auld fashioned tanner baw player and we don't really play with wingers so he needs to decide how to be useful.  We want his twinkle toes in their box as much as poss is what I'd say.

Looking ahead to summer, you wonder where we need to recruit now.  LWB is pretty obvious, another CB dependent on Moore's situ.  Maybe another guy who can play CM and into forward positions, so 10 and wide.  We have McEneff for that, but could we upgrade (I like Aaron though).

With Europe and hopefully (and likely) group stages included, perhaps simply some depth required.  Maybe see some kids in the squad?

The summer transfers? I think a goalkeeper would be you priority. Craig can't go on forever and our current understudies are nowhere near his level

2 minutes ago, lou said:

Or Celtic minded, a lot of these guys seem to end up at Hibs, Mcginn, Mcgeogh, Henderson spring to mind

My mate who's a hobo said midden are basically their feeder club, sounds about right

6 minutes ago, Sertse said:

My mate who's a hobo said midden are basically their feeder club, sounds about right

image.png.1e5fe9a8a118ef7cba35f5afa964d32d.png

Edited by Stu_HMFC

jamboinglasgow
49 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Reading what Robbie says, backs up about what a poster last night said what we are looking for. I think if anything happens it will be Monday but will be interesting.

1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Celtic 

---------------

Hibs 

--------------------------------

St Mirren                Dundee 

Far too accurate hahahahaha!

12 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Dunno mate. They might have a chance with the amount of pennies that have been dropping this season :laugh:

Some people have been saying all McGrath does is score penalties....tbh I'll take it!

Good point. I’ve never seen anything from McGrath when I have seen him to justify the hype. But I say we buy him, put him on the bench and if we get awarded a penalty we sub him on.

4 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Celtic 

---------------

Hibs 

--------------------------------

St Mirren                Dundee 

Nicely laid out🤣

8 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’ve got a good friend who scouts for Barnsley and looks like Hearts have splashed the cash.5E600830-EBEA-4913-9516-78D4492F12DA.thumb.jpeg.b85c571d00c5c0b7444932503afe98d4.jpeg

Appears that we may have used souttars transfer fee to get sibbick. A lot harder to sign players when clubs know you have money. 

Would expect JS to be away. 

8 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’ve got a good friend who scouts for Barnsley and looks like Hearts have splashed the cash.5E600830-EBEA-4913-9516-78D4492F12DA.thumb.jpeg.b85c571d00c5c0b7444932503afe98d4.jpeg

If that’s the fee then souttar is off now? With the players at our disposal then he is starting and Moore can cover for halkett 

1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

Very,very much doubt it will be McGrath. 

Would you think that we’re in for one more, or do you think there’s a chance of maybe more than that before deadline? (Or even after)

On 27/01/2022 at 10:02, BackOfTheNet said:

Ginnelly will have games where he plays well, and games where he doesn’t. Just like any old fashioned winger. (Look at McKay’s performance last night) But he’s more than capable of putting teams like St. Johnstone to the sword, so is good enough for our league. Just maybe needs to be an impact sub for the bigger games rather than the relied upon starter. His greatest benefit is pace, this it utilised far better against tired defences. No one was talking about punting him after the last few games, only now after last night when our tactical approach was ‘let Celtic have the ball and break on the counter attack (whoops, I forgot they might score with 5 seconds to decide what to do on the ball)’. I wouldn’t be punting him yet.

I'd add that he has the potential to be a standout on bigger pitches where the game is more stretched (i.e. Hampden). I like him and think he can continue to improve.

With regard to GMS - sooner he packs the better, waste of a jersey, one good game a month is not good enough.

Vlad the impaler
11 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Kinda where I am. Is he not an attacking midfielder?... we have one of them (McEneff) that can't get a game due to our formation. TBH I haven't seen much of him apart from our games against St Liedown... and he didn't stand out much (to me). Happy to be proved/convinced otherwise.

Exactly the reason I’m not for it. I reckon McEneff could be just as good as McGrath with a run

of games. Unfortunately I don’t see that happening with the formation we play

ginger jambo98
2 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Appears that we may have used souttars transfer fee to get sibbick. A lot harder to sign players when clubs know you have money. 

Would expect JS to be away. 

I think Souttar will go on Monday as Hearts will probably insist on having him available tomorrow given Halks has a tight hamstring.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
35 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

The plan seems to be hold on for an hour and then attack, however we have not held on and Weds we were like the Grand Old Duke of York. Generally not a Neilson knocker, but not the lads finest hour

I disagree. Largely because it was obvious the players mostly had the brain fart not Robbie. Nearly every time we had the ball we played a pass to non-one. That isn’t coaching. That’s just players shitting it.

Also we can’t underestimate how Celtic played when out of possession. The pressed and harried. It isn’t always just the underdog team that plays like that. Man City, Liverpool, Barca etc are masters of pressing the ball back when out of possession.

11 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Im

the way we play. We can

I’d be surprised if there are Championship teams in for him.

Equally with the departures from the team he would arguably fill and upgrade the Jamie Walker space in the team.

Will be interesting what attacker (if any) we do sign as if they are proper quality we need to work out how to squeeze them into the team…

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Agreed, not sure take a look at himself (well not any more than all players should in that they should be looking at every game and thinking what can I do better) but he needs to find his spark.

What I liked v Celtic was his drive.  He was more aggressive on and off the ball.  That's what I want from GMS.  I like him, but we need to fit him in better.  He's an auld fashioned tanner baw player and we don't really play with wingers so he needs to decide how to be useful.  We want his twinkle toes in their box as much as poss is what I'd say.

Looking ahead to summer, you wonder where we need to recruit now.  LWB is pretty obvious, another CB dependent on Moore's situ.  Maybe another guy who can play CM and into forward positions, so 10 and wide.  We have McEneff for that, but could we upgrade (I like Aaron though).

With Europe and hopefully (and likely) group stages included, perhaps simply some depth required.  Maybe see some kids in the squad?

Agree with LWB Cochrane is a steady player but never strikes me he’s happy getting forward. Whereas Atkinson  looks like he’s dying to get forward and support the front line whenever he can. 

5 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Think just one more. Will be more of a striker than attacking midfielder. Some can run the channels with pace.

Sounds ideal to me. Cheers.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I disagree. Largely because it was obvious the players mostly had the brain fart not Robbie. Nearly every time we had the ball we played a pass to non-one. That isn’t coaching. That’s just players shitting it.

Also we can’t underestimate how Celtic played when out of possession. The pressed and harried. It isn’t always just the underdog team that plays like that. Man City, Liverpool, Barca etc are masters of pressing the ball back when out of possession.

I’d be surprised if there are Championship teams in for him.

Equally with the departures from the team he would arguably fill and upgrade the Jamie Walker space in the team.

Will be interesting what attacker (if any) we do sign as if they are proper quality we need to work out how to squeeze them into the team…

4 games just seems an awful coincidence that the players have "shit it". Not having that to be honest. Once, twice yeah, they were hesitant and caught between 2 stools. Even the goalkeeper was hesitant, confused.com

6 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

I think Souttar will go on Monday as Hearts will probably insist on having him available tomorrow given Halks has a tight hamstring.

Think Rangers, if they really want him this window, will want to take him out of the firing line. Two games in a week may take its toll on a player like Souttar.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Agree with LWB Cochrane is a steady player but never strikes me he’s happy getting forward. Whereas Atkinson  looks like he’s dying to get forward and support the front line whenever he can. 

Scored a few goals now. I like him, learning all the time

August Landmesser
5 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Cochrane seems happy enough getting forward without the ball - he's scored a few nice finishes now, and gets into good positions - if Natty Akka is the one with the ball providing chances for AC (and everyone else), then I'm all for it. Also, Cochrane can comfortably win/take the ball, move it onto whichever wee winger is on the left, and then run past on the overlap.

lost in space
26 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Just seen we signed Sibbick! 

WOW! That was out of left field.

Strange question, but has he been signed as a midfielder or cover in at CB? 

Answer to your question - Yes.

22 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Charles-Cook on a Pre contract would be nice 👌 

Agreed.

Even offer them £100k now and I'm sure they'd take it.

25 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Interesting.

Nice info bonnie lad ;)

Just now, johnking123 said:

We had cash to spend. Souttar sale should give us more.

Do you expect Souttar to go this window?

I’d like to see us bring in another keeper. The thought of CG picking up an injury leaving Stewart between the sticks gives me the horrors.

8 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

This is brilliant :rofl:

Mind the wee triangle Celtic,Hibs and Dundee done a few seasons ago 

Scott Allan on loan to Dundee from Celtic was recalled then signed for Hibs 

Scott Bain recalled from his loan at Hibs back to Dundee then signed for Celtic 

Simon Murray was then Loaned from Hibs to Dundee 

Just now, Deevers said:

I’d like to see us bring in another keeper. The thought of CG picking up an injury leaving Stewart between the sticks gives me the horrors.

Covid probably a bigger worry imo. 

I’ll love you till my heart breaks,

He loves the ****ing gorgie,

he turned the hibees doooooowwwwwn,

Toby Sibick 🎼

Scotland song for Scott Mctominay.

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Covid probably a bigger worry imo. 

Yep, probably right Dave.  That’s the only part of our lineup just now that causes me any real concern.