** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

When you think of the listless, heartless shower of shite we’ve had playing for us in recent year it really is a remarkable job Joe, Robbie and the recruitment team have done. Well done Hearts :flag1:

100 percent! Haliday and GMS get some stick on here but they do add real quality to the squad. 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

4 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

100 percent! Haliday and GMS get some stick on here but they do add real quality to the squad. 

I doubt anyone here would choose Lewis Moore to start instead of Halliday if we had an injury or someone's form had dipped. It's night and day compared to the last few years.

Happy with Sibbick, he has played a lot of games for Barnsley since he was last here and they done well last season if I remember correctly. A good indication is to look at the fans of the team he has left, most are not happy he has left, seems like they have a lot going on behind the scenes which is a shame, always thought they were a proper football team with proper fans. 

19 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

As much as I have previously slagged Robbie ( I did initially want him ) they are building a great team. Some of his tactics are still lacking and maybe that is down to not having the type of players he wants, but if he can sort that out, then the future looks good so far. Still don't believe we will really challenge the Glasgow bigots as the system won't allow it, but we should be in a strong position to dominate third for quite some time.

Can only get into a position to challenge if we really cement that 3rd place spot & start regularly getting money from European games & good fees for quality young players. Getting the young promising guys from down south & abroad on long contracts is great business in helping us to get to that level

I hope everyone realises, signing good players on long contracts in positions we need and having a stable squad means quieter transfer windows!

the panic on here has been ridiculous, the scattergun days are over, I fear some will miss it

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I would take Charles-Cook or McGrath on a pre contract to replace GMS.

GMS is the one player I think who really needs to have a wee look at himself.. i though he was very good when he came on against celtic at oarkhead, and I though he was good on Tuesday. Really could be offering much more.. the ability is there.

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

Happy with Sibbick, he has played a lot of games for Barnsley since he was last here and they done well last season if I remember correctly. A good indication is to look at the fans of the team he has left, most are not happy he has left, seems like they have a lot going on behind the scenes which is a shame, always thought they were a proper football team with proper fans. 

I just remember their board being an absolute nightmare to deal with when it came to getting Stendel in, trying to block the move etc when they'd already removed him from his position & as a result it dragged on for weeks, their fans weren't happy about the situation at all because it was unprofessional. 

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

GMS is the one player I think who really needs to have a wee look at himself.. i though he was very good when he came on against celtic at oarkhead, and I though he was good on Tuesday. Really could be offering much more.. the ability is there.

He's just not consistent, but when he plays well no doubt he can be a match winner. He has a knack of scoring or providing an assist so I wouldn't be too hasty wanting him out the door. He will realise himself that competition for places is hotting up and he needs to perform. It can only be healthy right across the board. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

I hope everyone realises, signing good players on long contracts in positions we need and having a stable squad means quieter transfer windows!

the panic on here has been ridiculous, the scattergun days are over, I fear some will miss it

This

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I was impressed with his input against Celtic but generally I feel his heart isn't in it anymore. Not Hearts, but football in general. The hunger doesn't look all there.

Right so I had a wee temp thread bad for some fruity language I used (fair cop but got off on good behaviour), and in the 4 days I've been away, we sign 2 exciting players.

Not saying it's connected, but I'm back now so I'd suggest you dampen any expectation because of that!

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Right so I had a wee temp thread bad for some fruity language I used (fair cop but got off on good behaviour), and in the 4 days I've been away, we sign 2 exciting players.

Not saying it's connected, but I'm back now so I'd suggest you dampen any expectation because of that!

Or a repeat performance from you and we get Hleb?

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Agreed, not sure take a look at himself (well not any more than all players should in that they should be looking at every game and thinking what can I do better) but he needs to find his spark.

What I liked v Celtic was his drive.  He was more aggressive on and off the ball.  That's what I want from GMS.  I like him, but we need to fit him in better.  He's an auld fashioned tanner baw player and we don't really play with wingers so he needs to decide how to be useful.  We want his twinkle toes in their box as much as poss is what I'd say.

Looking ahead to summer, you wonder where we need to recruit now.  LWB is pretty obvious, another CB dependent on Moore's situ.  Maybe another guy who can play CM and into forward positions, so 10 and wide.  We have McEneff for that, but could we upgrade (I like Aaron though).

With Europe and hopefully (and likely) group stages included, perhaps simply some depth required.  Maybe see some kids in the squad?

3 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Or a repeat performance from you and we get Hleb?

Yeah OK.  I'll knock out some filth at some point.  It may be mucky enough that we even get Gudjonsen!

Ex member of the SaS
17 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

This is a big thing, The Glasgow bigots have a core of players who play every week and that means they are all familiar with how they all play. This increases the chances, they know where a player will be during a certain passage of play.  You have to temper that with giving the side players a chance and some will have to be content to wait and fill in for injuries etc. But the main thing of getting a team to " gell" is playing the same players week in week out.

19 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

I do agree with this but you do have to recruit as staying still means you aren’t going forward. Also depends how much you are reliant on the loan market

Vlad the impaler

I see Bologna have returned with a bid of £4.8m for the young Aberdeen right back that’s played a handful of games. Looks decent don’t get me wrong but just goes to show the importance of having your good players on decent contracts. We must keep on top of them! Saying that I’m not sure McKay is here for the long haul and he’ll want to try down south again. Hope im

wrong

2 minutes ago, Haken said:

Great news re Sibbick.

Been a very good window so far.

It's been superb to be honest, hasn't it.  Needed a RWB, got what looks like a cracker.  Needed a CF and yep only a loan, but I think we've got in quality there.  All of a sudden were desperate for a CB and someone who can slot in quickly, got in a guy that already knows the club, looked good when he was here and has developed more since then.  Boom!

We've resigned Gordon, Halkett and Kinsgsley.  Smith still here to be setting standards and being great utlity backup.  Would like to see big Pete get a deal too tbh.

Plus, Gnando off the books, Walker (for better or worse) off the books, the Souttar thing, well it'll be over soon and we move on.

I honestly don't think it could've gone much better.  We're still 7 points clear in 3rd too and you'd have to say Motherwell and Hibs look weaker (Hibs would say not weaker but at the very least they're in quite the state of transition to put it mildly)

What a different club we are these days!!!!

18Jambo_dave74

So impressed with our recruitment (including the new deals we've handed out) as it should be setting us up to have a strong, stable side that will be consistent going forwards - not just for this season. 

We seem to be getting together a group of young, talented, mobile players that are desperate to do well - Beni, Devlin, Sibbick, Atkinson all helped by slightly more experienced guys - Kingsley, Halkett, Boyce, McKay. Not forgetting our outstanding goalkeeper. 

Neilson & Savage have done a great job at bringing up our level of player and our level of play so quickly as I thought it might take us a bit more time to turnaround the mess that we've been in for years. 

Edited by 18Jambo_dave74

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It's been superb to be honest, hasn't it.  Needed a RWB, got what looks like a cracker.  Needed a CF and yep only a loan, but I think we've got in quality there.  All of a sudden were desperate for a CB and someone who can slot in quickly, got in a guy that already knows the club, looked good when he was here and has developed more since then.  Boom!

We've resigned Gordon, Halkett and Kinsgsley.  Smith still here to be setting standards and being great utlity backup.  Would like to see big Pete get a deal too tbh.

Plus, Gnando off the books, Walker (for better or worse) off the books, the Souttar thing, well it'll be over soon and we move on.

I honestly don't think it could've gone much better.  We're still 7 points clear in 3rd too and you'd have to say Motherwell and Hibs look weaker (Hibs would say not weaker but at the very least they're in quite the state of transition to put it mildly)

What a different club we are these days!!!!

Yep... I said yesterday our standards have got significantly higher over the last year. What a time to be a Jambo!

Just now, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

So impressed with our recruitment (including the new deals we've handed out) as it should be setting us up to have a strong, stable side that will be consistent going forwards - not just for this season. 

We seem to be getting together a group of young, talented, mobile players that are desperate to do well - Beni, Devlin, Sibbick, Atkinson all helped by slightly more experienced guys - Kinglsey, Halkett, Boyce, McKay. Not forgetting our outstanding goalkeeper. 

Neilson & Savage have done a great job at bringing up our level of player and our level of play so quickly as I thought it might take us a bit more time to turnaround the mess that we've been in for years. 

Couldn't agree more!

I think we are capable financially of keeping John Souttar and adding another attack player as quoted in the article today. Despite signing Tony Sibbick I still think we should hold onto John until the summer, the potential financial rewards outway any risk.

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I would take Charles-Cook or McGrath on a pre contract to replace GMS.

Charles Cook for me. 

We should be all over that Tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Macros said:

I think we are capable financially of keeping John Souttar and adding another attack player as quoted in the article today. Despite signing Tony Sibbick I still think we should hold onto John until the summer, the potential financial rewards outway any risk.

Agree in general but when we play Rangers late in  the season  we couldn't play him there if they had to win it  for the title. 

Also, if we get rangers in the cup, especially in the sf or final then here would be questions. 

Outwith those scenarios all generally ok. 

2 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Interesting to see that Barnsley supporters aren’t happy with Toby signing for us.

From footballleagueworld- 

ABSOLUTE NONSENSE’, ‘MASSIVE MISTAKE’ – THESE BARNSLEY FANS ARE FURIOUS AFTER TRANSFER CONFIRMED

Delighted with the signing of sibbick,classy player,was unfortunate with illness when we had him on loan,will prove one of our best signings.

Paterson's Tache
34 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

I just remember their board being an absolute nightmare to deal with when it came to getting Stendel in, trying to block the move etc when they'd already removed him from his position & as a result it dragged on for weeks, their fans weren't happy about the situation at all because it was unprofessional. 

And was it not them who behaved like wee toddlers over Elijah Adebayo? 

Just now, Macros said:

I would keep him too. It would send a strong message to teams, agents, and players that they need to come in with a good offer if they want to take a player on pre contract.

Hagar the Horrible

Celtic have better quality players, you saw that for a bit in the first half, but we have been keeping ours fitter, Celtic were breathing out their erchies and cramping up, thats why we need to learn to play them better, but the guys we have in are able to competed with £m pund signings, but more importantly we are getting a level above everybody else, 

We have the best keeper in the UK, Sibbick will work well with Halkett next season at the back, Soutar now needs to stay as cover.  Another at the back and we are sorted.  Its a squad game and I like our squad, we just need to sort out a best 11 from it

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Celtic have better quality players, you saw that for a bit in the first half, but we have been keeping ours fitter, Celtic were breathing out their erchies and cramping up, thats why we need to learn to play them better, but the guys we have in are able to competed with £m pund signings, but more importantly we are getting a level above everybody else, 

We have the best keeper in the UK, Sibbick will work well with Halkett next season at the back, Soutar now needs to stay as cover.  Another at the back and we are sorted.  Its a squad game and I like our squad, we just need to sort out a best 11 from it

The plan seems to be hold on for an hour and then attack, however we have not held on and Weds we were like the Grand Old Duke of York. Generally not a Neilson knocker, but not the lads finest hour

6 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yep... I said yesterday our standards have got significantly higher over the last year. What a time to be a Jambo!

What a time to be alive!

It's not even just the quality mate, it's how focused and planned it all feels.  No more preferred agents punting their clients at us.  No more signing guys in positions we're sorted for while neglecting big holes in our squad (Cathro, you listening?!).  It's a tight, versatile squad with quality throughout, who are fighting for us.

Say what you want about our first halves versus the OF, but what I'll say to you is this team doesn't crumble, they get in at half time, know it wasn't good enough and come out and fight for us.  We simply haven't had that for years.  And that's relevant to recruitment as that's an attitude which needs nurtured, so you need to make sure you only add guys who'll buy in to it.  We seem to be doing that.

From the interviews with all the new guys, the first thing they talk about is Tynie and the fans.  I think we're really drilling into new signings and perhaps even the prospects that you come here and you need to bleed maroon.  You need to relish playing infront of us.

This post getting away from me, but we've had so many players over the years who looked good enough players but shrunk when they stepped on the park - Sutton jumps out, but there are simply loads who just couldn't handle playing for Hearts.  I know we're not Barca or River Plate or whatever, but there's a definite pressure to playing for versus any other team outwith OF in Scotland and probably most clubs down south. Not everyone can be Ryan Stevenson and come in and just get it.  The club seem to even grasp that now.

It's good times.  And it feels like better times ahead too!!

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

If Boyce scores that pk the tactics and the way we played would have been perfect. 

Despite all the bluster from all of us, the difference was a inch or 2 and the inside of the post. 

As you say, Celtic were struggling, if we score that pk we are favourites to win. 

Very fine margins. 

38 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Did you keep instinctively clicking on the thread in these 4 days then getting the message? Annoying as ****. I still keep clicking on threads I am banned from out of instinct, totally forgetting the bouncers don't let me in.

56 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

I hope some on here realise that any injuries/covid/suspensions then we are struggling to fill bench.

We are moving towards quieter windows, but not there yet.

I’m not making predictions after the last couple of days where players signed hours after I said something along the lines of “nothing today then…” But, I do think Souttar may be away to Rangers today.

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

What a time to be alive!

It's not even just the quality mate, it's how focused and planned it all feels.  No more preferred agents punting their clients at us.  No more signing guys in positions we're sorted for while neglecting big holes in our squad (Cathro, you listening?!).  It's a tight, versatile squad with quality throughout, who are fighting for us.

Say what you want about our first halves versus the OF, but what I'll say to you is this team doesn't crumble, they get in at half time, know it wasn't good enough and come out and fight for us.  We simply haven't had that for years.  And that's relevant to recruitment as that's an attitude which needs nurtured, so you need to make sure you only add guys who'll buy in to it.  We seem to be doing that.

From the interviews with all the new guys, the first thing they talk about is Tynie and the fans.  I think we're really drilling into new signings and perhaps even the prospects that you come here and you need to bleed maroon.  You need to relish playing infront of us.

This post getting away from me, but we've had so many players over the years who looked good enough players but shrunk when they stepped on the park - Sutton jumps out, but there are simply loads who just couldn't handle playing for Hearts.  I know we're not Barca or River Plate or whatever, but there's a definite pressure to playing for versus any other team outwith OF in Scotland and probably most clubs down south. Not everyone can be Ryan Stevenson and come in and just get it.  The club seem to even grasp that now.

Cracking post mate and totally agree! We're have a PROFESSIONAL team on the park and a PROFESSIONAL club off it, running things. This will 'bear fruit' if we keep on this path! I've no doubt... and we're closer to the uglies (and gaining) than we've been in a long time. The financial disparity will always be there... but hard graft and attitude CAN compete with their ability and millions!

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Apparently Hibs and Hearts in for McGrath…. Get the check book out Anne!

If he is anything like Toby then there is only one answer!

17 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

What a time to be alive!

Good post - You sound emotional!!! 

53 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Right get swearing again you

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Dunno mate. They might have a chance with the amount of pennies that have been dropping this season :laugh:

Some people have been saying all McGrath does is score penalties....tbh I'll take it!

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Is he worth pushing the boat out for? Last season maybe.

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Really hope if we are we get him as think he would be a cracking acquisition 🙏